David Kaye Q&A Answers

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

tronprogram

David Kaye Q&A Answers

Unread post by tronprogram »

Here's the answers from David to his BWI Q&A. Hope you all like them :)

DAVID KAYE Q&A

First of all, thanks for taking the time out to answer question from the fans about your time on Beast Wars.

Not a problem. Sorry it took so long it has been a tad busy.

Q: If you could choose any beast mode for yourself, what would it be and why?

A: Hmmm. Side guns WOULD be handy in LA traffic. And to be able to fly !

Q: Were there any other roles in Beast wars; that you were interested in, other than Megatron?

A: After I was cast as Megs…..No !

Q: What voice actor, from beast wars, did you get along with the best?

A: Really all of them. Ian Corlette and I do keep in contact pretty regularly though

Q: As we know, you were given the opportunity to voice Megatron as the Predacon leader and as the Decepticon tyrant. Do you feel there are any differences to these two characters?

A: I much prefer Predacon leader Not so much screaming !

Q: If there are/is any other Transformer (Autobot/Decepticon/Maximal/Predacon) that you could get a chance at playing, your choice, who would it be, or would you stick with roles you have already played?

A: No happy where I was cast VERY happy

Q: What new film/role can we the fans look forward to see you in next? (Doesn’t have to be Transformers related)

A: I was in Disney/Pixar’s “Up” which won an Oscar this year Ive been working on various shows for cartoon network including Flapjack, The Regular Show as well as Scooby Doo There have been a pant load of television and radio commercials, network television promos and movie trailers (Hot Tub Time Machine) to name a few…

Q: How did you feel about Megatron and Dinobot's relationship? What's your take on it? It's interesting to see how Megatron clones him and actually in my point of view seems hurt by his betrayal.

A: Well, the writers formed this relationship whatever I brought to it, I just hope I made the right choices on how to play it. I have my own back story running in my mind and whatever I’m thinking (hopefully) comes out in little nuances here and there in the character. Make sense ?

Q: I keep hearing that Megatron was your first time playing a bad guy. Is that true? If it is, I like to say that you did a terrific job for your first time!

A: Yesssssss. And thank you !

Q: Was it the director's decision or your own conscious choice as to Beast Wars Megatron's accent? I'm sure I've read it somewhere before, but where did you draw your...inspiration, as it were?

A: Cross between Anthony Hopkins, sean connery and a snake.

Q: Do you see any of yourself in Megatron?

A: No but I see a little Megatron in me

Q: Who is your favorite character in your career so far that you have voiced? Thank you for giving us this opportunity!

A: Megatron. Great fun !!

Q: If you could spend the day with any character you've voiced, who would it be and why? What would you two do? (If he's a Transformer, don't worry, no one would notice unless you want them to)

A: It’d be fun to hang with tarantulas. Just to see what kind of reaction people would have

Q: If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?

A: To be invisible ! You ever see the movie ‘Mystery Men.’?

Q: What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

A: Organic this-and-that, a lot of stuff from Henry’s (Burbank,CA) lots a fruit, pudding (I frickin LOVE pudding) at least one chicken BBQ frozen pizza from California Pizza Kitchen.

Q: How many rubber ducks would you guess you’ve been given over the years?

A: 24

Q: Which do you find more challenging? Voice acting or acting in front of a camera?

A: Good question I can’t stand me in FRONT of the camera. But I DO feel more comfortable behind the mic. They’re BOTH challenging and should be worked at every day

Q: Has there ever been a role you didn’t get that you were really disappointed about?

A: Ya funny enough. ANYTHING in the new Transformer series. But hey I’ve had a great long run and it’s a new deal for the creators of the new show and it’s a clean slate but I have to admit I was sad to see it go. That’s show business folks There’ve been a couple of animated features too, also Star Wars and even the new Transformer films

Q: And similarly, has there been a role you auditioned for and you were relieved you didn’t get?

A: Never !

Q: Have you ever been tempted to do work behind the camera, in the writing or directing fields?

A: Yes I’m actually executive producing on a new game show a friend of mine is developing we’ll see where that goes

Q: Having played both Optims Prime and Megatron, the iconic leaders, was one role any tougher than the other?

A: The good guy for ME was tougher. Finding the little nuances that bring out the personality of the ‘leader’ Once I dialed him in though it was okay, but I still found him the toughest.

Q: Do you still see of hear from any of your former cast members from Beast Wars?

A: Gary Chalk from time to time I’ll run into at a convention, I see Ian Corlette a fair amount and I’m pretty much in contact from time to time with most of them thanks to Facebook

Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years timing?

A: Doing a lot of Trailer work and working a lot for the various networks plus being involved in many more animated projects and feature films. I can also see myself spending more time skiing and enjoying Napa/Sonoma, CA Maybe have a little place on the water as well in West Vancouver, Canada. And a lot more wins on the squash court !
There are no problems, only solutions.
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

tronprogram wrote:Here's the answers from David to his BWI Q&A. Hope you all like them :)

Q: How did you feel about Megatron and Dinobot's relationship? What's your take on it? It's interesting to see how Megatron clones him and actually in my point of view seems hurt by his betrayal.

A: Well, the writers formed this relationship whatever I brought to it, I just hope I made the right choices on how to play it. I have my own back story running in my mind and whatever I’m thinking (hopefully) comes out in little nuances here and there in the character. Make sense ?
This is something I'm really interested in.Hopefully if he ever comes to my area one day,this will be something I like to know in detail.

tronprogram wrote:Q: What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

A: Organic this-and-that, a lot of stuff from Henry’s (Burbank,CA) lots a fruit, pudding (I frickin LOVE pudding) at least one chicken BBQ frozen pizza from California Pizza Kitchen.
Mmmmmm,pudding.
tronprogram wrote:Q: How many rubber ducks would you guess you’ve been given over the years?

A: 24
Wow!

tronprogram wrote:Q: Have you ever been tempted to do work behind the camera, in the writing or directing fields?

A: Yes I’m actually executive producing on a new game show a friend of mine is developing we’ll see where that goes
Awesome!
tronprogram wrote:Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years timing?

A: Doing a lot of Trailer work and working a lot for the various networks plus being involved in many more animated projects and feature films. I can also see myself spending more time skiing and enjoying Napa/Sonoma, CA Maybe have a little place on the water as well in West Vancouver, Canada. And a lot more wins on the squash court !
Now I feel all warm and happy.Thanks for the interview tronprogram!
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Aww David just confirmed he wasn't in the new Transformers series
Q: Has there ever been a role you didn’t get that you were really disappointed about?

A: Ya funny enough. ANYTHING in the new Transformer series. But hey I’ve had a great long run and it’s a new deal for the creators of the new show and it’s a clean slate but I have to admit I was sad to see it go. That’s show business folks There’ve been a couple of animated features too, also Star Wars and even the new Transformer films
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

Thank you very much for the interview!
7Knight-Wolf

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

Yay, David Kaye! Great interview. Now I kinda want to see "Up"...
Emotions are the colors of the soul. They are like Crayola crayons: you want the 64 set box with the pencil sharpener, not the dollar-store 4 set box.
~inspired by Teresa Mcbean
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

See it now, Wolf!

Not even because David Kaye is in it. Because it is awesome.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]