Any Final Fantasy Fans?

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Any Final Fantasy Fans?

Unread post by Alak »

I'm in the middle of replaying the 7th installment and I decided to make a collage wallpaper as a dedication to it.

http://alakdilion.deviantart.com/art/Fi ... -158764777

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite one overall.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Ooooh awesome, I love Final Fantasy 7. :D
I demand cookies!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ Cool! Who do you normally put in your party?
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Well, I normally use Aeris a lot still the point when she dies...

But sometimes it varies, since I like to give every party member an equal oppertunity to be involved. Though after Aeris dies, I use Yuffie for the role of healer in boss battles.
I demand cookies!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Yeah, the front three images in the wallpaper are a dedication to my favorite team: Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith. Then after disc 1 I played around with it a lot but I'm favoring Cid at the moment. Plus, the love triangle makes that first team interesting lol. You can't help but wonder who Cloud would choose before Sephiroth made millions of gamers cry.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I only ever played Final Fantasy (7) once, so I can't say I'm a fan, but I do have a question.

Have any of you seen the Final Fantasy movie (Advent Children)?

Somebody in my choir wants some of the other members in the choir, including me, to sing an arrangement of a song from that movie, but I'm having the hardest time figuring out what its purpose was in the movie (it was, apparently, sung at the beginning narration, but I don't know what its relevance was to what was being shown or talked about at that point in the film) let alone, its meaning:

The Promised Land:
Cur in gremio haeremus?
Cur poenam cordi parvo damus?

Stella nobis non concessit, non concessit
Stella nobis non concessit, non concessit

Venarum pulsus in terram fluens
Parvus, parvus pulsus

Cor mortem ducens
Vita mollis in stellam
redeunt
Animam sacrificare necesse est?

Cur in gremio haeremus?
Cur veniam petimus?
In terram fatali?

Translation

Why do we stay in the cradle?
Why do we provide suffering to our little heart?

Our star did not leave us, did not leave us
Our star did not leave us, did not leave us

The pulse of veins flowing in the earth
Faint, faint pulse

Heart leading to death
And the weak life return to the planet
Is it necessary to sacrifice the soul?

Why do we stay in the cradle?
Why do we beg for mercy?
In the fatal earth?
Any thoughts? I'm kinda' confused.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

I've seen Advent Children, heck I have it on DVD. When you think about the song kind of fits with the game, thought at the beginning of the movie there was a quick recap of what had happened in the game. So I think it does have some revenalnce to the opening.
I demand cookies!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I think that song applies to FFVII more than the movie (just got the Complete version on Blu-Ray!). By the way, I decided to make a Cloud Strife signature. Never really gave this guy justice in the past so I decided to make something for Mr. Cloud Strife.

Here's the full image:

http://alakdilion.deviantart.com/art/Li ... -159017940
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Thank you, but what is that relation you're talking about? I've never seen the movie, and I don't remember the plot of the game, so what is this song saying? I see what the words are in English, but I still can't make sense of them- they're really confusing me.

I want to know so I can decide whether or not to sing it- if it's meaning is objectionable to me, then I wouldn't want to sing it.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Oooh awesome Cloud Strife sig. :D

As for the plot of the game, if I remember, correctly you start out fighting againist Shinra Inc. because they're draining engery from the planet to use as power source, but then that chances after you resuce Aeris from the Shinra, Sethpiroth comes into the picture and you later finds out that he wants to summon Meteor to destory the planet for Jenova, who he believes is his mother. In order to do that, he needed the Black Materia. After he gets a hold of the Black Materia, Aeris sacrifices herself so that White Materia can stop Meteor. But Sethpiroth somehow manages to block the effect of the White Materia, so you then have to kill Sethpiroth so that White Materia can activate Holy to stop Meteor. At first when Sethpiroth is killed, it looked like Holy wouldn't be able to act in time to stop Meteor. But then the Lifestream rises from the planet and is able to fight back Meteor, but not before Midgar is turned to ruins. Also since Aeris became part of the Lifestream after her death, and her powers as Ancient/Cetra, it's possible she had something to do with that. Especially since part of her power was being in touch with the planet and I remember reading somewhere that because she a Cetra, her power allows her consicness to stay intact even after death.

Well anyway, that's the best way I can think of to explain the plot. I hope it helps and that it's not to confusing. But if have questions, I'll try my best to answer them.
I demand cookies!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ lol best summary of the game...ever!