Did the beast warriors get to choose beast form?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Did the beast warriors get to choose beast form?

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I was just randomly curious about this today. Just thinking; I wonder if they decided on their form. Because in season 1, the first ep, i remember Cheetor...

Cheetor:*growl* I'm a cheetah.

Yeah, I know they scanned LOCAL lifeforms, but did they choose out of that bunch of them? Or was it chosen for them?

I know that the female, blac widow didn't get to choose, because of Tarantulas though. Nor did Tigerhawk, get to decide.

Thoughts on it?
xCubicZirconia
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Maximal Aphrodite

Unread post by xCubicZirconia »

Tigerhawk was AR and TT's love child so Im pretty sure tat's where his form came from xD lol jk

Maybe the younger ones chose and the older ones just randomly picked?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Optimus Primal specifically tells Cheetor in the first episode, "You chose a good form."

The state of a stasis pod protoform's consciousness is debatable, so they might not choose, but I think the ones who were conscious in the first episode chose.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

There's kind of a rumor-ish story about Optimus looking at both a bat and the gorilla form, and making the decision to scrap the bat one. Although if you actually track down the '95 set of bat-Primal and alligator-Megs, you realize that is was just somebody switching their minds about animations last second. ;)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I often forget that the show is pretty much based around the toyline. Right? Whatever the case, I always thought they chose the forms that best suited their abilities, functions and personalities. For example, male silverback gorillas are known to lead their group and protect them, as well as their resourcefulness and strength, so I always thought it was a good choice for Primal. Megatron always wanted to strike fear into his enemies and acquire strength, and the t-rex is like the king of dinosaurs for that. :lol: Rattrap was a spy and demolitions expert, and what better beast mode to be than a small rodent that could be quick on his feet and use his tail. Cheetor was young and always liked the fast lane, and the cheetah's the fastest animal on land. I don't know, makes sense to me. I like to think there was a little research done for the character development and their beast modes.
Optimus Primal specifically tells Cheetor in the first episode, "You chose a good form."
And, of course, there's what Blazemane pointed out. :D
"Well, that's just prime!"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Than it made me wonder a little about fuzor's than...? Were they maybe trying to choose two forms at the same time? Or once again, were they just stuck with that form?

Perhaps I'm overthinking it....

Meh, just thought of it, and wanted to hear-err-see what yah guys thought. :)
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

The protoforms' computer connected to the stasis pods randomly selects the alternate (life form) mode. The only acception to this is Blackarachnia as the Predacons waited until she was at their base before selecting a beast mode (curtosy(sp?) or Tarantulas).

Needless to say because Silverbolt and Quickstrike's stasis pods were extremely damaged, the computer selected several lifeforms was wasn't able to limit it to one.

Optimus' new body and Dinobot's future TM2 clone were blanks when they were found so they didn't need to use a DNA scanner while Transmutate's DNA scanner was damaged as well as the Stasis pod she was in, to the worst extent of any other pod. (my guess is that her's was close to the pod that was destroyed when one of the moons transformed)

The only character in the series I'm not sure of whether or not chose his form is Depth Charge. But it all depends on if he was conscious or not after his ship landed in the lake.

Hope that clears everything up.

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Merbum

Unread post by Merbum »

I don't I think the scans picked up random animals, then the transformers chose from what they scanned. Although this can't be entirely accurate of course.

Tarantulus specifically demanded an arachnid of course, so its hard to tell if they choose what they are or not.
Wars go beyond what we know...Evil is everywhere, Heroes are non existent, and the truth is far beyond our understanding...

Beast Wars BeYond: A Beast Wars Fanfic by the Mighty Merbum!