What made you like your favorite character(s)?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What made you like your favorite character(s)?

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I always wondered how the fans actually got to like their favorite beast warrior(s).

Now I guess several different reason's for all mine. First, of course will be Rampage:

When I was younger, I didn't really like him, well LOVE him like how I do now. But, I started liking him, because he was so misunderstood. I almost felt a bond with him, I could see the other bot's pointing and laughing at him, calling him a freak, a mutant, etc.

He reminds me of something that Freddy Kruger (sp?) says, "I'm the thing your nightmares are made of." He does seem like your worst nightmare X 10!

There's a bunch to Rampage, but I'll add on to it later.

Next, we have Tarantulas:

First, it was his laugh and his voice, something so eerie that could just give you the chills.

Secondly, it how he's a scientist, I never thought I'd like a science nerdy character, but than I started to watch, almost study him more.

Thirdly, how interesting his experiments were. It's like he always had a new idea, Sure Rhinox and Scorpy were somewhat 'science nerds' too. But I think Tarantulas created more experiments than those two. For sure, Scorpy and probably just about, maybe one, or two more than Rhinox.

And next...Quickstrike:

His voice, right off the bat. Who would have thought a cowboy fuzor could be so dangerous, well at least try to be. When in reality...he wasn't that dangerous.

The fact that he only had one weapon, everyone else had at least two. He just had his snake head/tail spitting out green venom. Come on, even Waspy, had two. Even though he only used his eye 'lasers' for one or two eps.

Being a fuzor, just alone was a good reason for me to like him.

I just felt bad for him, yeah I feel bad, still watching Waspy blow up. Who doesn't?! Come on. But poor 'Strike, I just wanna hug him!

Last Character....bum...bum...bumbum....DEPTH CHARGE:

I don't usual like the water creatures, but interesting choice for his beast form. I would never have thought a manta ray could be dangerous, or be an animal to choose for beast wars.

The fact that he 'lost everyone' :( because, of favorite character, ahem, Rampage.

There's a bunch more but I'll stop for now to see what everyone else says. :) Plus gotta think some more. Brain is hurting lol.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I guess the main reason why favor some characters over others is because I owned their toys. Beyond that, here's some of my reasons:

Depth Charge: I like wild card characters. You never know when they'll show up, but when they do...Predacons better run. I'd say my favorite Depth Charge scene would be the ending of "Cutting Edge". Guy's a beast. I also love how Mainframe chose to keep most of his past a mystery. Who was he before the fall of Omicron? Who were the one(s) that were so special to him that drove him into this vengeful hunter? It's that mystery that creates a lot of thought and wonder about him.

Optimus Primal: I'm not gonna lie, I liked him a lot when I was younger only because he was the leader of the Maximals and he had the most armaments of the bunch. Shoulder missile launchers, two forearm energy cannons, two swords, a skull mace (toy only), a jet pack, and the face plate that resembled Optimus Prime? That was toy/character any boy would love to get for Christmas! Now, I admire Primal for his calm demeanor even during times of crisis. The fact that he respects and shows mercy to his opponents makes it hard not to respect Primal himself. Oh, and his one liners are funny.

Megatron: He's just one of those villains you love to laugh at while at the same time you love to fear him. I find the Beast Era Megatron to be potentially more threatening than the G1 version, but T-Rex Megs is much more enjoyable to watch. I wonder if the "yesss" was David Kaye's idea or Mainframe's...

Silverbolt: Wolf + Eagle = Must have toy. I like his corny white knight goody-two-shoes character because it reminds me of myself sometimes. Although, I can't help but feel how overrated he is when I watch him now as opposed to when I was 10 years old.. Beast Machines doesn't help one bit either.

Cheetor: Same as Silverbolt. Cheetahs are my favorite animals so of course he'd be my first toy. Now I kind of view him the same way OOP does.

Rampage: I don't think he's misunderstood at all. He tries and succeeds at killing his own kind and even admitted to cannibalism. This guy is a monster and if we were all Cybertronians, we'd be scared out of our minds knowing that he's on the same planet as us. Why do I like him? He is an amazing villain. His spark is immortal, his transmetal form provides tough armor, like his vehicular mode Rampage is armed like a tank, and he enjoys doing what he does best: killing. Without Rampage, Depth Charge probably would have sucked, Dinobot II wouldn't have a purpose, and the Predacons would have had their hides shredded to pieces before Season 3 even started.

Dinobot: Bad guy turned good. Definitely was the most aggressive character in Season 1 and his design backed up his personality quite well. I liked how he foiled Optimus Primal which made episodes like "Gorilla Warfare" that much more memorable.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Cheetor: Same as Silverbolt. Cheetahs are my favorite animals so of course he'd be my first toy. Now I kind of view him the same way OOP does.
Cheets, cheetor he was pretty unique. The kid, the youngest, immature but growing throughout the seasons, as did everyone. His forms we're pretty cool, I like his season 3, transmetal 2 form the best. Even though he only had it for a few episodes. He was so full of life.

Rampage: I don't think he's misunderstood at all. He tries and succeeds at killing his own kind and even admitted to cannibalism. This guy is a monster and if we were all Cybertronians, we'd be scared out of our minds knowing that he's on the same planet as us. Why do I like him? He is an amazing villain. His spark is immortal, his transmetal form provides tough armor, like his vehicular mode Rampage is armed like a tank, and he enjoys doing what he does best: killing. Without Rampage, Depth Charge probably would have sucked, Dinobot II wouldn't have a purpose, and the Predacons would have had their hides shredded to pieces before Season 3 even started.
Well I guess i say misunderstood, thinking of Rampage, well X in some of the fics I read, more than the X/ Rampage in the beast wars. Yes, he's a killing machine, and some, even myself have thought that their was another side to him. Was there? Maybe Two sides to every story, and "no one can be eternally evil or good." That's what one of my friends told me, just recently, so that kind of stuck in my mind. I agree that Rampage was a very powerful Predacon, and in some episodes, for example, Deep Metal, being able to heal himself. How awesome! To be able to heal yourself.

Depth Charge would have no purpose without him. And almost needs him to live. They have a bond/relationship that no one else does. They want to scrap each other, and really no one else...well, Rampage wants to kill everything, but he'd prefer Depth Charge first. After all, that is his playmate!
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Optimus Primal: When I was little, I didn't pay much attention to him but I was sad when I thought they killed him off for good. Now, I'm older and I just LOVE THIS GUY!! He's so calm, has a sense of humor, and is firm only when he needs to be! I LOVE BIG BOT!!

Megatron: The most evilest villian I loved to hate and loved to love!! He is so dangerous and charming you cna't help but play with this guy in anaylazing his character.

Rattrap: COME ON!!! His demeanor and how he acts like a jacka** and a smartaleck.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Silverbolt - To be honest I was generally neutral towards this character, if it hadn't been for the fact that someone very special to me looked upon this character as a hero. Whenever he would be at a loss as to what to do in a situation, he would ask himself what would Silverbolt do. This caused me to take a closer look at the character, beyond the cool wolf/eagle combo, and I found Silverbolt to be quite the nice guy in a world of not so nice ones.

RatTrap - Wow, this guy is hilarious! No beastie could make me laugh the way RatTrap did with his rants and snide remarks. He had a personality that made me want to smack him at the same time as finding him awesome.

Tarantulas - It wasn't until the end of the series that I started liking Tarantulas. At some point it just hit me that this guy was brilliant and I always did enjoy a scheming character.

BlackArachnia - She kicks the rear-ends of bots much bigger than her. What's not to like?
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Like most other people i like Rampage because he's an outcast made to kill. He was made or what ever in a freaking lab, and he's misunderstood. And he's all around bad ass. I think all evil villains have a heart, some one just has to open it.

Dinobot: It was his sense of honor; like that of a Samurai honor is everything to him, and that he died an honorable death makes him one of my favorite characters, that and how he and Rattrap interact.

Megatron: Because he was always thinking ahead, his voice who doesn't like that smooth talker as well as a complete charmer.

I'm not a big fan of Silverbolt; but he's some one you can count on when you need him most.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

When I was younger, I think I liked Dinobot and Rattrap.

Dinobot: He wrecks bad guys, and he's a velociraptor.

Rattrap: He wrecks bad guys too.

I still like them for that.

But now...

Silverbolt: The code of conduct. Absolutely awesome- he, without any memory of his past, and only a corrupted definition of Maximal and Predacon, really quickly realized who was right and who was wrong. He didn't waste time once he figured out either. He went and knocked Megatron off a cliff. His sticking to what's right pushed and pushed at Blackarachnia until she was in the right position to come to the Maximals. Plus, the wolf/eagle hybrid looks cool, the feather missiles are cool, etc.

I... kinda' wonder if the writers took his at times corny self in season 2 and instead made him sort of a stock silly character in season 3. I don't know, it seems to be a bit more difficult to take him seriously then.

But he still rocks.

Cheetor: It's a mix somewhere between his absolute enthusiasm for the task at hand, and his ability to at times do an incredible job (think "The Spark"). Of course, his enthusiasm is what gets him in trouble, and in trouble a lot. But it seems the times he does do well are the times he isn't focusing on himself anymore. In "The Spark", he had to give away his own dampening chip and then fight Blackarachnia, Waspinator and Terrorsaur, or Airazor was, simply, dead. He wasn't trying to prove anything, he just had to fight for her. Of course, he doesn't beat Terrorsaur, but his combat with him undoubtedly bought Airazor the time she needed.

Or in "Other Voices", when he pulls up the visual of Primal's flight path, because Rhinox is out. Or when he informs the Maximals of the energon vein in "Equal Measures" (which is somewhat ironic, because it's his foolishness which gets him transported to the Darksyde (bad), but then when he has to warn the others, he does it right (good)).

This is likely a result of the fact that the writers want to make the stories go that way, but if that's true, then I like their point- Doing things because they're right is better than doing things to prove yourself.

And then, I might like him because of the very knowledge that one day he's going to lead the Maximals. If a character with as many obvious faults as he has can become a competent leader, our faults are not the end of the world.

And like Alak said- he's a cheetah. Cool (though I like lions better, cheetahs are still pretty sweet).
Last edited by Blazemane on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Primal: Very often I'm drawn to the good guys, and more specifically to the leader and/or the wise guy (like Rattrap). But Optimus also caught my eye because of his warmth, his selfless acts, kindness, optimism, forgiveness and father-like relationships with a couple of the characters. He was tough when he had to be in battle and gentle when off-duty. He grew wise throughout the series and never feared sacrificing himself for what he believed in, always putting himself in the line of fire to protect his crew. I liked the inexperience he had in the beginning, and then fulfilled the trust of his crew to see him as an honorable and determined leader by the end. He was always a force to be reckoned with when it came to Megatron and his manipulative plans.

Rattrap: As I said above, I like the wise guys, the smart-mouthed instigators who always get themselves into trouble but know how to make a smooth escape. And although Rattrap was great for a laugh, and sometimes lazy, he always got the job done, and he was loyal. I very much enjoyed his sarcasm because I tend to dish out myself.

Dinobot: I liked his sense of honor. I didn't like how he flip-flopped back and forth from Predacon to Maximal to Predacon to Maximal, but in the end, I understood his decisions. And I loved what he did in Code of Hero. Very honorable, commendable and memorable.

Megatron: Megs is one of those few acceptions I make for actually enjoying a villain. His intelligence and scheming was superior, not to mention the constant conversations with himself. But maybe he was actually talking to the rubber ducky. :lol: For a bad guy, he was pretty awesome, and did some real damage that some of the other bad guys in the TransFormers' history can't amount to. The only thing I didn't like about him was the way he treated his Predacons, but that's how evil, selfish leaders are, right? Your minions should always be treated with inferior intelligence. :P

Inferno: What can I say? He was such a random character for the Preds, and everything he said or did was hilarious. He was crazy and spontaneous! He laughed at EVERYthing. I loved it. XD
"Well, that's just prime!"
Demon Man

Unread post by Demon Man »

My favorite Beast Wars characters and why they are so...

Cheetor: My top favorite of them all. Cheetahs are cool and beautiful, and Cheetor has so many great qualities and is so much of a fun character

Dinobot: Like you didn't see that one coming. He's as cool as he is interesting and his voice is one of a kind. I think it rocks. His weapons are cool, too, especially his eye beams.

Tigatron and Airazor: Both are endearing characters who could have been done a lot more with and deserved much more than they got, yet still full well managed to rock. Plus, I think Airazor is hot.

Blackarachnia: The female Dinobot IMO, as witnessed from my "Okay...Dinobot and Blackarachnia situation thread". As hot as she is cool, and as good at kicking ass as she is confident, bold and daring, to say nothing of interesting and tough. Her black and gold colors fit her badass personality perfectly, too. So dignified.

Those were the Maximals. Now for the Predacons.

Megatron: My favorite of the Predacons. Yessssssss. He's as cool as he is evil and as powerful as he is fun to watch, and I like his cruel sense of humor and tyrannical personality towards his minions. I especially like his catchphrase of "Yesssss" and "Nooooo". He gets some of the best lines, as well.

Tarantulus: A totally creepy and really awesome villain of a mad scientist, I love to impersonate his laugh, he's as smart as he is chilling and his ways of being so sadistic, cunning, treacherous, sneaky and all around insane are just too wicked metal to take one's eyes off of or stop listening to.

Rampage: An engine of destruction like no other, he kicks as much ass as he frightens opponents, and I think his liquid smooth voice goes well with his powerful frame and high artillery weaponry. I also think his backstory is an interesting one.

Terrorsaur: A cool and cool looking Predacon flier who is a very formidable and cunning opponent and one with memorable moments galore. I also like his black sense of humor and the way he's so sneaky, treacherous, obonoxious and has some of the greatest lines. About the only thing I don't like about Terrorsaur is how his voice can grate on my ears(like it can't grate on everyone's! :lol: )

That's that. Except for that...YES! This particular post is my 100th post, with the 101st being in my reply I put later from this one in another one of my threads! 101 Demon Posts, people!
Rakshash

Unread post by Rakshash »

Dinobot:

Honour. It's just one word, with somewhat archaic connotations. It's not like Optimus and Rhinox weren't honourable. It's just that where Dinobot was coming from, the decisions he had to make, honour was the one thing he could rely on as the right thing to do. Eventually, had he lived, I'm sure he would have further developed his sense of morality. The show certainly hinted at that.

Dinobot always makes me wish we had an authentic account of what Cybertron was really like. Were Predacons second class citizens? Once when Dinobot wakes up in the Maximal base he panics and screams "Torture chamber!" Why did he do that? Bad experiences? Not every Maximal commader on Cybertron may have had Primal's broadmindedness. I wish we knew. Maybe Dinobot's semi-aloofness from the Maximals was due to that.

Optimus Primal:

Not when I was younger. He seemed like a nice guy, but not that much more. Later I realized he made a lot of tough calls. He's funny, sweet and genuinely wants to do the right thing. A very "Maximal" Maximal. I wish I knew someone like him. And when you wish that, I think that's the best testimonial to a fictional character.

Rattrap:

I'm a sucker for sarcastic characters. And he was a very real character. He displayed all the behaviours most people would put in his circumstance. Not everybody (and in fact most people) are silent martyrs to a noble cause. And there's one thing I recently noticed. Even though Rattrap whines a lot and complains, he very rarely doesn't participate. In the first episode he disobeyed Optimus, but I don't think he does that later.

Silverbolt:

Noble. The perfect boyfriend. Again, fictional. Bah.

And he intrinsically knew right from wrong, like Blazemane mentioned.

BlackArachnia-

I love how she always had her own agenda running.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
— Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
xCubicZirconia
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Maximal Aphrodite

Unread post by xCubicZirconia »

Depth Charge: We've both lost A LOT of loved ones only Rampage killed his, mine were victims of drugs/alchohol and motor vehicle accidents.
He has an attitude that can sometimes be awesome and other times it can be annoying. I love sea creatures 2 ^_^

Cheetor: He' so cuddly and cute! I wanna snuggle em! *cuddles teh kitty* He's such a sweetheart and he cares for everyone! ^_^ I'm also a kitty person to the point of saying 'meow' at random moments. Cheetor can always make me laugh! ^^

Blackarachnia: She's hot and she knows it, nothing brings her self-esteem down.