In need of writing suggestions

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Starath
Site Admin

In need of writing suggestions

Unread post by Starath »

Hi everyone. :mrgreen:

I'm going to try and start a little project. The goal of it is for me to write at least one piece, 400 words or less, a week. I'd like to get in the habit of regularly writing to relieve a constant creativity backlog.

So, I have a list of characters, most of them Transformers. I need help finding topics for each character to talk about, and it can be anything-- once I had TFA Blitzwing write some commentary on Groundhog Day. I would prefer odd topics. For example, Transformers are often confused by human behavior, holidays, habits and the like. TFA Starscream, for example, doesn't understand why we need 7 different brands/flavors of barbeque sauce. Maybe G1 Optimus Prime should talk about sandwiches. Whatever. Serious topics can be suggested too. I'll pick whatever I like best, or whatever the character tells me he wants to talk about.

Here's the character list, and there's a lot:

Beast Wars
*Megatron-- contemplates the past-- DONE
Optimus Primal
Depth Charge
Rampage
*Tarantulas
Blackarachnia-- Valentine's Day-- DONE

TF: Animated
Swindle
*Bumblebee
*Starscream-- on death and resurrection-- DONE
*Ratchet

G1 TFs
*Optimus Prime
*Sixshot (IDW comics-verse)
Grimlock
Shockwave
*Sunstorm (Dreamwave comics-verse)

Red vs. Blue
Sarge
Caboose
*Washington
Wyoming
Grif
Church

Other Characters (my own)
Houston (1840's cowboy who travels to present time)
*Sterling (present-day werewolf)-- explains "fetch"-- DONE
*Donovan (present-day vampire)-- on the pretty-boy vampire fad-- DONE
Casey (from "Lesson in Living")

[EDIT]

Two characters were upset at me for not being added, lol:

*Deathray (Depth Charge's cheerful son)
*Footloose (young G1 Autobot who hasn't experienced the war yet. And he's named after the song for good reason)

The ones with stars by them are characters I'm most eager for a topic. If you want to suggest a character and topic, feel free to do so! Especially out of the G1 characters. There's a ton.

Thanks for your help. Let's see how this works out. :D
Last edited by Starath on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Interesting Starath, I'd say for Depth Charge, perhaps something dark. Usually it's Rampage that has all the "dark" fics.

But what if Depth Charge was X? Or in a similar situation that X was in. Maybe he's not such a good guy, a hero. *shrugs* Could be interesting.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Grimlock considers American economics. Swindle might also fit well into this.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Joshin Yasha

Unread post by Joshin Yasha »

Beast Wars
Megatron: Contemplates his history on Cybertron under Maximal rule
Tarantulas: His training in the Predacon Secret Police

TF: Animated
Bumblebee: Gets sent through time and runs into Aesop, who is in the process of writing the fable "The Tortoise and the Hare"
Starscream: Him having a dream of defeating Megatron (except that he wakes up at the end)
Ratchet: Something that chronicles the softer side of him juxtaposed with his angry side :)

G1 TFs
Optimus Prime: A short bit with Optimus reviewing security tapes and discovering things about friends? lol
Sunstorm: Contemplating his holy self?
Don't fret precious I'm here....
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/joshinyasha/joshinsig.jpg[/img]
....Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

Hmmm.... very interesting, very interesting indeed! I have recorded these suggestions. Already I'm hearing some bots talking about their topics... And boy is Depth Charge pissed. o_o I might make him do it anyway. >>

I was wondering if I should make Swindle sell something ridiculous. Just to see if he could. But what?

Blazemane, Grimlock is REALLY grumpy about that topic, LOL. If something else isn't suggested, he'll get it for the sheer fun factor. The same goes for your suggestions for Bee, Prime, and Sunstorm, Joshin.

Eeeheehee, you guys are awesome. Keep em coming! :mrgreen:

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hmm, what about Tarantulas in his last moments? Before the VOK insert themselves in him? 8)

Another beast wars one; Megatron is NOT the tyrant, but another Predacon is, perhaps Inferno, and Megatron is his loyal servant, as Inferno is his. Perhaps comedy genre? :lol:
Last edited by Darkshadow14 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

BlackArachnia (or someone equally 'sentimental') discussing valentine's day?

Megatron discussing female hygiene products?
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

AHA! I was wondering who I should have discuss Valentine's Day.... xD She's disgusted already, eeheehee...

Megatron's already told me which one he wants to do, although I might make him do two topics for the sheer fun of it. I think his or Blackarachnia's will be first. I'm not sure where I'm going to post these, though.... I might stick 'em here in the thread or at DA, or both. =\ Hmmm. Do you guys want to see the writing here too?

I'm all excited for this. :mrgreen: Hopefully my homework won't get in the way this week! Until I actually write something, possible character/topic combinations are open. Feel free to suggest other characters too. Someone wants Rhinox on Mythbusters. I dunno how to do that yet...

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Of course I wanna see the writing, and what ideas you decided.
Rakshash

Unread post by Rakshash »

[quote="Starath"]Hmmm. Do you guys want to see the writing here too?

quote]

Hell yeah :D

My favorite fanfiction writers haven't written for ages. So, yes, expect me to be on your case and devouring your writing with popcorn.

I think your work was my first introduction to the world of fanfiction. It will be great to see more of your stuff!
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
— Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

Aww, thank you Rakshash.

Alright, I finished one. Here we go:

Character Short #1: Blackarachnia’s thoughts on Valentine’s Day

So, what’s with this holiday, anyway? All this love and pink hearts and romance and sappy lovey-dovey garbage, UGH. It makes me want to lose my lunch on the spot. Besides, what’s so great about love? All it gets you is constant frustration and some big oaf following you around on a regular basis, playing hero because he says he loves you. So what? How do I know that’s true? Look, all I’m saying is that a holiday that makes it mandatory for couples to show their love or romance or whatever, is stupid. If you love him, great, good for you— but you should be showing him that on a regular basis, and he’d better be showing it to you, too. Not that I would. I’m just saying. Men need that kind of thing anyway. They’re hopeless.

Otherwise, what would happen, Primus forbid, if he forgets the day or gets you some lame gift or doesn’t do that perfect romantic thing compared to some other guy on the other side of the canyon? Then any thought that he put into it doesn’t matter (if there was any to begin with), and he winds up in the doghouse just because he didn’t make you happy. Oh, boo-hoo. Cry me a slagging river. There’s more to it than that.

Or maybe there isn’t. I don’t know about you, but I don’t do mushy stuff. Uh, hello? Black widow? Yeah. I’m not going to spin him a web full of hearts or anything. The best I can do is resist kicking him upside the head for being so DENSE. Never mind the chivalry, the sentimental gunk, or how shiny he is. And there’s nothing WRONG with liking shiny, either! I’m just saying, alright? Valentine’s Day is a stupid human construction meant to make the rest of us feel—

Bowser! What happened to you? You what? Since WHEN is there a rose bush big enough— ARGH. Alright, sit down and shut up. I’ll pull them out, even though I shouldn’t, because you’re an idiot in the first place. Don’t grin at me like that! What? For… me? You shouldn’t have. No, really, you shouldn’t have. Your fur is a mess. Alright, look. You keep the flowers. I’ll take the thorns.

---

One thing I noticed about Blackarachnia is that she tends to put extra emphasis in her dialogue when she's frustrated. So, how'd I do? :lol:
Last edited by Starath on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

*claps* Very good. That was a good one for the black widow. :lol:
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

Thanks Dark. :D

I've completed another one!

Character Short #2: TFA Starscream on death and resurrection

This won’t stop me.

Death is viewed with such permanence, and all things living— if they have enough of a mind— fear it. I admit that I was one mortal who did.

Now, I don’t.

For I, the great Starscream, have trespassed the boundaries of life and death not once, but twice— and here I remain to tell you about it! How many can boast such a thing? No one, not even you, can even begin to fathom what I have been through. Oh, it hurts, at first, but it is like drifting into the deepest slumber one can ever experience.

And then the lights go out, forever.

Did you know the Matrix beckons those who leave their shells? I resist the call. My purpose has not yet been fulfilled. I cannot leave while YOU rule the Decepticons, where I rightfully belong! It is MY place to rule, not yours! Do you think you have disposed of me? You are wrong. Do you hear me Megatron? Do you not feel the chill of death reaching to you from the abyss?

Oh, that’s right.

You can’t see me. You cannot feel me. Even though I stand right HERE, before you, while you sit in your throne, brooding. Ah… Could it be that you miss me?

After all, who, out of all your glorious warriors, had more skill and usefulness than I? Now you are stuck with the criminally insane, the absurdly loyal, the idiots left over from this overdrawn war you have YET to win! I could do it, if I were still alive! You NEEDED ME! I commanded the entire Aerial Fleet! And this is how you reward my loyalty? What good am I to you now? I’m DEAD!

LOOK AT ME!!

No wait, you can’t! You and I no longer share the same worlds! I have no shell to reside within! My essence— my soul, my very identity— left with my spark! By all rights I should not BE who I remember myself to be! All that remains is a ghost, Megatron! A GHOST!

…. I’m wasting my breath with you, you pretentious fool. Perhaps my memory is the farthest thing from your mind right now.

But…. I know something you don’t. It is true that I have no body in which I can participate in “life” with.

I don’t need one.

Not when I can—

Take—

YOURS!

--

I seem to have a thing for characters who spazz. xD Although, AniStarscream and I are interconnected in a different manner compared to other characters I know. I hear a lot of things from him that come from a deeper level, and as a result he tends to contradict himself in writing: I hear his inner thoughts as well as his dialogue.

I was listening to a song from Saw III when I wrote this. It made things really spooky. o_O
Last edited by Starath on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

DarkShadow
Interesting Starath, I'd say for Depth Charge, perhaps something dark. Usually it's Rampage that has all the "dark" fics.

But what if Depth Charge was X? Or in a similar situation that X was in. Maybe he's not such a good guy, a hero. *shrugs* Could be interesting.
Some writers have already done that, in a series called the Mirrorverse, including myself with the X and Depth Charge switch, or doing Depth Charge as not so innocent is actually kind of over done.

Just an FYI.
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Some writers have already done that, in a series called the Mirrorverse, including myself with the X and Depth Charge switch, or doing Depth Charge as not so innocent is actually kind of over done.

Just an FYI.
Oooo, well never mind don't do that than. LOL

AND.

Starath, I like your new story too. Keep 'em coming!