Love for a Warrior chapter 2

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Love for a Warrior chapter 2

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Here's chapter two, in order to get what is going on read chapter one frist.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5709856/1/L ... _a_Warrior

Half way toward the control room, alarms suddenly went off.

“Predicon attack. Shields at 65% and decreasing.”

“Well not exactly how I wanted to start the day, but I could use some target practice.” Saber said.

“Saber! You; Dinobot, Silverbolt, and Rattrap get out there!” Optimus ordered.

Saber nodded then her and Dinobot went into one of the lifts while Rattrap and Silverbolt took a second lift.

Once the lift was lowered Saber went into her beast mode and with Dinobot beside her, still in his robot mode headed straight for Tarantulas and Inferno.

Using his eye lasers Dinobot easily took out Tarantulas but Inferno had ducked at the last second.

A flash of red fur slammed into Saber and away from Dinobot, after rolling a few feet, she quickly got back to her feet and turned to face Hazard who was also in his beast mode. She knew that Duke was some where close by but she couldn’t worry about him right now.

Hazard smirked then ran at Saber, before he could reach her, she quickly went into her robot mode, grabbed the scruff of his neck and tossed him away from her. Smiling she went into her beast mode and went to attack the temporary downed Hazard only to once again get sideswiped by Hazard’s twin brother Duke.

This is getting really old. Saber thought as she got back to her feet to face the black wolf whom like his twin had three stripes along his back, but Duke’s case he had three and red stripes while Hazard had three black stripes.

Before Saber was ready both Duke and Hazard attacked her, Saber landed on her back, but she kept one of the twins at bay with her back feet while she swatted the other with her front feet. Hazard bit her back right foot, causing her to growl and kick him in the head, before turning her attention back to Duke who was trying to get at her throat.

With one powerful swat of her right paw, she sent him half a dozen feet away, getting to her feet she saw that Dinobot was having a hard time fighting Megatron. Her ears back, she bolted toward Megatron, she growled her teeth bared ready to tare Megatron a new one. Before she could reach him her vision blurred and she saw Dinobot once again beat to slag this time Megatron was there as well in his beast mode.

“Megatron…”

“Hmm, my ears are burning. Yes, why Dinobot! What a delightful surprise. Lets see where are we now?” Megatron put up one of his fingers. “I have the golden disk,” He put up a second. “I have the power to change the future and the only remaining obstacle in my path to unmanageable glory… is yourself.”

Saber couldn’t believe what she was seeing, she had no idea what was going on but her gut told her that it wasn’t good. But she continued to listen to what Megatron was saying.

“Exhausted, damaged beyond recovery,” Megatron transformed into his robot form. “Defeated.”

Her vision returned to normal, some thing in her snapped after what she had just seen, she picked up a burst of speed, when she was close enough she leaped into the air with a savage snarl; she sank her claws and teeth into Megatron’s shoulder armor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through the bond Dinobot could feel Saber’s sudden anger, he had no idea what set her off but he knew that it wasn’t good. He saw her coming out of the corner of his eye, not wanting to get caught in the middle of her sudden anger he kicked Megatron in the gut and backed off as Saber let out a savage snarl as she landed on Megatron. The impact of her hitting Megatron caused the war lord to lose his footing and tumble to the ground with Saber on him.

Saber jumped off Megatron before he could retaliate on her attack, aside from his wounds he couldn’t help but think how beautiful she was in her beast mode as well in her robot mode.

Saber let him get back to his feet.

“Some other time, Saber. Predicons Retreat!!” He ordered before going into his beast mode and taking off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why should I help you? The Legendry Maximal General Saber-fang.” Sonar asked.

Saber sighed. “Because if the Maximal elders knew about this, they would have me terminated without second thought.”

“So you come to me, an infamous Predicon scientist who does experiments on not only his fellow Predicons but Maximals as well?” Sonar said with a raised eye brow.

“I really didn’t have much of a choice. I don’t think I can trust any of the Maximals, even if I did they might turn me in to elders.” Saber said.

Sonar was silent for a moment thinking it over.

“Very well. I’ll help you, but I want one thing in return.” He said with a small smile that Saber didn’t like at all.

What choice do I have? She asked herself.

“Very well. What is it that you want?”

“For you to switch your loyalty from the Maximals to me.” Sonar replied.

Saber was taken aback. “Why my loyalty?”

“As leverage, just in case you deicide to turn against me. So… do we have a deal?” Sonar said showing his sharp teeth as he smiled even more.

Saber knew that if she agreed to this she would be selling her honor to the demented Predicon scientist, but choice did she have?

Sighing again she nodded. “We have a deal.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Saber how could do this?” Optimus said once they were alone.

“I didn’t have a choice, Optimus. If the Maximal elders knew about this they would have me killed without a second thought.” Saber replied.

“You could have come to me, Rhinox and I could have helped you with this.”

“I couldn’t take that risk, Optimus, if this had gotten out and reached the elders…” She trailed off.

“Did Sonar want anything from you, did you tell him anything?”

“I didn’t tell him a thing. All he wanted was for me to switch my loyalty from the Maximals to him, and being a fool I gave it to him.” Saber said.

“Are you loyal to him?”

“Slag no. But I have no choice but to do what he says, and I have to met him a few days.” Saber said her ears drooping slightly.

“I can’t allow that, Saber.”

“I don’t have much of a choice, Optimus. If I don’t met him in a few days, he’ll give Megatron footage of me as the creature.”

Optimus sighed then walked away from Saber.

Saber opened her eyes and sighed, it seemed that she couldn’t escape what she has done in the past, it would always come back to haunt her. After all some actions can never be undone, she looked over her should to see that Dinobot was still sleeping. Quietly so not to wake him she got out of bed, when she turned back to face her sleeping bond mate, she saw that Dinobot was laying on the berth severely wounded. She closed her eyes and shook her head and turned away from the scene.

Why is this happening to me!? She screamed in her mind.

She quietly bolted from hers and Dinobot’s quarters, and left the base much to a surprised and rather confused Rattrap who was on monitor duty. She went into her beast mode and just ran she had no idea where she was going but didn’t care right now.

She was forced to stop when she tripped over her own feet and tumbled to the ground, getting back up, started to pace some thing she hadn’t for a long time.

She felt Dinobot brush her mind a few minutes later, she could feel his concern through their link. She shut him out, she couldn’t let him know how scared she was, she had no idea what was going on.

Why am I seeing, Dinobot’s death? It-it doesn’t make any sense. She asked herself as she continued to pace in her beast mode.

Hazard caught Saber’s scent on the wind, and he smiled, then turned toward his twin.

“Here’s our chance to repay Saber back for putting you in the CR Tank for nearly four days.” Hazard said his tail wagging in anticipation.

Duke sighed they had already went over this. “Hazard just let it go already. Besides Dinobot could be with her, he always is.”

Hazard snorted. “Your my brother I can’t just ’let it go’ that piece of trash has to pay for what she put you through. Dinobot isn’t with her, other wise I would have caught his scent mingled with hers.”

Duke sighed. “You know what? You want to get yourself killed knock your self out because I’m not going to help you.”

With that said Duke went into his beast mode and took off without looking back.

“Fine. More fun for me.” Hazard said before he to went into his beast mode and followed Saber’s scent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saber stopped pacing when she couldn’t think of any logical reason for why she was seeing Dinobot’s death, and it not only frustrated her but it also scared her. She couldn’t lose him, they haven’t been bond mates for very long and she’d be damned if she lost him. Sighing she went into shallow water to look at her beast modes reflection, shaking her head she took of her paws, and broke the waters glassy surfacing messing up her reflection. Part of her thought that it was just her mind messing with her, but deep down she knew some thing was wrong, she just couldn’t figure out what.

There is no way that some thing like that could happen… but why do I continue to see his death? Saber asked herself.

((OOC: What do you think? Is Saber losing her mind? You be the judge.))
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."