Machinima

Have you got some cool BW links to tell us about? How about your own website? Let us know here!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

CabooseMoose7103

Machinima

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

I have no idea how acquainted everyone is with Machinima so here are a few good links to sites about the art.

The Academy of Machinima Arts and Sciences
This is the official website and explains what Machinima is.

Machinima.com
This is a technically unofficial website and has links to various websites with good examples of machinima projects Plus there are tutuorials, forums, reviews, and places to buy equipment for creating machinima videos. If you go here, check out the machinima video Anna by Fountainhead Entertainment.

Roosterteeth Productions
This is my favorite machinima production company. I have been a fan of their Red vs Blue series since it began 3 years ago (or it could be 4, I dunno). I've had the pleasure of meeting the members of Roosterteeth once and traded a few emails with them, they are really nice people and very supportive of their fans. I talked shop with Burnie Burns at the Sundance Film Festival last year (48 hour blitz trip from New York to Utah, I felt so dead afterwards but it was so worth it) and was amazed at how interested he was in the machinima videos I had done and how long he talked with me about filming in Halo 2. Heck, he was talking to me about the placement of grenades and weapons on the map and how that affected filming, the destructibility of the environments, even possible camera angles and such that he wanted to try in their upcoming episodes.

I'm not really big on their Strangerhood series but PANICS was pretty funny I thought.

If I find any links to the other machinima videos I saw at Sundance (besides Anna) I'll post a link to them. There was a music video which was recorded in Half-Life 2 to So Cold by Breaking Benajmin, that one was quite good.
CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

Ha ha, I found it!

I'm Still Seeing Breen

Awesome video, awesome song. This was created by Paul Marino, Executive Director of the Academy of Machinima Arts and Sciences.