"Chain of Command"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Glowstick sighed listening to the sounds coming from the hall, even though his door was still shut. It seemed Sound canceling wasn't enough, he'd probably have to go with the alternate method of a white/pink noise generator.His optic twitched at the thought, he'd found someone almost as nosy as the legendary Soundwave. Glowstick got up from his tank annoyed, water dripping off his body as he walked towards the door sliding it open looking at the two.

He leaned his arm on the dooredge, an ominous glow coming from the large photophores on his feeder tentacle arm, much brigher then the hallway's usual dim lighting. His transparent body's smaller photophores twinkling randomly as he spoke up You must be a rather paranoid sort to bother with that sort of thing.. Keep that sort of thing up.. and I might have to punish you. finishing his sentence, the photophore on his limb moved with a disgusting wet sound, the glowing ball's dark iris opening looking at Sonar much like a eyeball.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Starshadow was in her quarters studying the data of the Darksyde in her personal data pad and other information in another device until she heard noises outside. She took her datapad and the device and walked out of her quarters, noticing Sonar, Steelclaw and Glowstick. She hid the device and the datapad behind her snuck up to the bat with a smirk.

"HELLO, BATSY!!" the feline shouted in his ears just to annoy him when she was behind him.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

You must be a rather paranoid sort to bother with that sort of thing.. Keep that sort of thing up.. and I might have to punish you.
Sonar just rolled his eyes at the squid.
"HELLO, BATSY!!"
Sonar flinched at the sudden noise, he growled then quickly grabbed Starshadow by the throat and slammed her into the wall.
"I advise that you don't do that again, unless you want some thing bad happen to you." He warned his ears back and teeth bared.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Steelclaw, rather astonished at how fast things had deteriorated, turned his back to Glowstick, and put his hands behind his back, opening the compartment on his arm for the Predacon to grab one of the copies.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Lady_Jet2

Unread post by Lady_Jet2 »

Rattrap looked up as Cheetor came over and nodded. "Yeah...Monkey King wants me to double check the systems to see if anyone got any information." he said slipping through into a different system on the computer, leaving the video feed for later. "I also got a call from Ice-pick to check out the video feeds. If there's one thing we need it's a solid defense around this base." he complained sighing and rubbing his optics. "How'd da mission go spots?" he asked trying to get some stress out by chatting...seeing as Dinobot had yet to make his face apparent, and if there's one thing that would ease stress it would be having a good verbal slug out with his favorite dino-bot.
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible Sanity." ~ Edgar Allen Poe
"I didn't escape! They gave me a daypass!" ~ Random Sticker
"Oh S**t!" ~ Movie Frenzy
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Glowstick's optic shifted for a moment noticing the copy, then one of his tentacles extended taking the copy, swiftly sliding it away into a compartment in his back, normally used to store his sword.

Glowstick sighed watching Sonar attack Starshadow. While normally he wouldn't mind watching the two vampires scrap it out, doing it under Megatron's roof usually resulted in his fury, something he wasn't willing to see twice in a few hours. Alright, Calm down. She was merely greeting you. So how about we leave the kid alone and get you settled into your quarters Gramps? I'm sure you have more important things to do like brood and blackmail. Glowstick then moved one of his tentacles onto Sonar's shoulder.

Icebreaker made his way back up towards the Maximal base, entering through the axalon's bridge lift.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Alright, Calm down. She was merely greeting you. So how about we leave the kid alone and get you settled into your quarters Gramps? I'm sure you have more important things to do like brood and blackmail.
Sonar turned his head slightly when Glowlstick up one of his tentacles on his shoulder he surpressed a growl but released Starshadow's neck then removed the tentacle from his shoulder.
"I do believe there is a difference between a greeting and being annoying. But yes, i do have other things to do and blackmail isn't one of them." He said calmly.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Cheetor was disappointed remembering the mission Rattrap asked about.

"It wasn't good. The pod we were after was actually a Pred ship. So now they've got a new psycho. And we couldn't salvage anything from his ship either- it got trashed. And then there's Valkyrie getting shot out of the air, Icebreaker and I both took sniper rounds- it just... didn't work out right."

He was about to ask if Rattrap had found anything interesting when Dinobot, who had recently arrived, placed himself in the conversation.

"It sounds as though you were at an extreme tactical disadvantage. How extensive was Valkyrie's damage?" he asked.

Steelclaw saw that things were calming down and decided to head off to his quarters, which he made sure to lock from the inside once he had gotten in.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Glowstick shrugged Whatever you say Soundwave, Down the hall there is a room on the left, the lights stopped working in it and it has been used a bit as a storage area for some of the parts of the ship. I'm sure you'll find it rather cozy. He then stepped back into his own room, closing the door behind him and locking it. Moments later techno music could be heard coming from the room.

Glowstick popped in the disk into his computer, sitting down at his desk he leaned his head on his arm looking over the data. It mostly seemed like Personnel data, including information on the crew and criminals that were inside the stasis pods. Some of the entries being blank, with other portions having the blocked data Steelclaw was talking about earlier. Glowstick started to download the music off the disk, then hummed to himself a bit. He pondered what the locked data was, but as he wasn't that skilled of a hacker.

He read over the profiles, some of the information seeming rather typical. His optics glanced over the personnel information on Valkyrie, flashing back to the battle earlier. He found the profile rather empty, but noticed alot of routine repairs and modifications, as if she was constantly plagued with errors. Someone so unstoppable is so bad in health... strange..I suppose it was merely luck after all..Hm? he then noticed the IQ listings, raising an optic ridge. Well that's interesting.. he then said to himself in a low tone.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Icebreaker looked towards the CR chamber as Dinobot asked about Valkyrie, he sighed a bit Looked like she got into a fight with a chaingun, all shots in the backside. She was knocked out of the air by a Pred flier I'd guess. When we got to her she was already in Stasis lock from the damage. The battle was bad, mostly snipers..None of our team was suited for that sort of long range combat, we were practically sitting ducks.. My investigation earlier shows the Preds may have gotten in through the lower deck.. then repaired the hole they made..
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: Wow. Sorry for the delay, guys. ...Not like you needed me anyway, it seems. :lol: ))
I'm going to investigate the area.. Something smells familiar..Icebreaker Maxamize!
Primal nodded to Icebreaker while he and the rest of the Maximals began entering the base. Stepping off of the lift inside, he transformed to his robot mode and listened to the conversations. The punctures he had sustained on his lower torso side and leg from Starshadow's spikes were nearly repaired thanks to his beast mode. They were merely small, shallow holes now that gave him no pain.
Icebreaker to Rattrap, check video on the lower decks of the ship. I think a bear snuck in and stole our picnic basket.
He feared that might have been the case. And if Glowstick was with him, and they acquired valuable information, it would not put the ape in a good mood. However, Skyfire's, Cheetor's and Valkyrie's safety through the ordeal gave him comfort. He was glad they were not harmed anymore than the injuries they had already obtained in battle.
"Yeah yeah...i'm on it." "I'm pullin' double duty here so don't expect anything too fast Icebreaker..." "Sheesh..." "Rhinox had betta get that shield and defense system up soon. m'gettin tired of this slag..."
Optimus watched over Rattrap's shoulder for a moment, curious and concerned as to what he might find in their data tracks.
"Alright!" "Rattrap, how're you coming along?" "Do you think somebody hacked our computer?"
Upon hearing Cheetor's voice and seeing him enter the bridge, Primal smiled lightly to him and stepped out of his way so he could assist Rattrap.
"How'd da mission go spots?"
Optimus had already asked Orcariner and Icebreaker at the standing stones, but he wanted to hear Cheetor's version so he didn't interrupt the cheetah.
"It wasn't good. The pod we were after was actually a Pred ship. So now they've got a new psycho. And we couldn't salvage anything from his ship either- it got trashed. And then there's Valkyrie getting shot out of the air, Icebreaker and I both took sniper rounds- it just... didn't work out right."
"His name is Sonar," Optimus broke in. "He paid us a brief visit at the standing stones." So that was how he arrived on the planet. But as to why he came, he had a feeling it was because of Saber-Fang, as if he was tracking her like a bounty hunter. Unfortunately, she appeared to be reluctant on sharing much information about him.
"It sounds as though you were at an extreme tactical disadvantage. How extensive was Valkyrie's damage?"
Looked like she got into a fight with a chaingun, all shots in the backside. She was knocked out of the air by a Pred flier I'd guess. When we got to her she was already in Stasis lock from the damage. The battle was bad, mostly snipers..None of our team was suited for that sort of long range combat, we were practically sitting ducks..
Primal's red optics shifted from Dinobot's question to Icebreaker's explanation. Concern washed over his face for Valkyrie and their entire situation. It only made him more grateful that they hadn't returned any worse than how some of them did. At least they were learning more about their enemy and their strengths and weaknesses in battle. Still, it didn't compare to everything the Predacons could be very well learning about them at that very moment...
My investigation earlier shows the Preds may have gotten in through the lower deck.. then repaired the hole they made..
"They had enough time to bypass our shields, sneak into the base, allegedly hack into our computer, download information and then repair the hole they made?" Momentarily shaking his head, Optimus was apparently growing outraged at the discovery. However, he did not blame Skyfire or Cheetor. Both had been damaged and had been left alone to guard the large, battered vessel. Whoever the Predacons were, they certainly worked well together. And if Glowstick was so good at manipulating communications, it was likely he was part of the diversion while Steelclaw executed their mission. Primal could only blame himself for failing to anticipate such a bold move by the Preds.

"Cheetor, you mentioned earlier that 'something funny' had been going on here. What exactly?" he inquired with a hard tone.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Whatever you say Soundwave, Down the hall there is a room on the left, the lights stopped working in it and it has been used a bit as a storage area for some of the parts of the ship. I'm sure you'll find it rather cozy.
Sonar raised an eye brow at being called Soundwave not that it bothered him, after Glowstick left he looked around and sighed. This was going to be a long night.

"It wasn't good. The pod we were after was actually a Pred ship. So now they've got a new psycho. And we couldn't salvage anything from his ship either- it got trashed.
Sounds like Sonar's work to me. Saber thought.
"His name is Sonar," "He paid us a brief visit at the standing stones."
Saber's drooped a little, she wondered if she sneak to her quarters without being noitced be Optimus or the others.

((OOC: Hint, hint lol ))
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Sonar flinched at the sudden noise, he growled then quickly grabbed Starshadow by the throat and slammed her into the wall.
"I advise that you don't do that again, unless you want some thing bad happen to you." He warned his ears back and teeth bared.
"Ooh..I'm soooo scared..." Starshadow smirked and kicked Sonar away, pinning him on the other side of the wall with one of her stilleto boots and turned her head to Glowstick.

"I'm willingly to show him around the base since we are getting along so well!! SEE YOU LATER!!" she smiled with her fangs shown then grabbed Sonar's wrist, dragging him around the base like a hyperactive navigator.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"I'm willingly to show him around the base since we are getting along so well!! SEE YOU LATER!!"
Sonar felt like his arm was nearly pulled out of his socket, but he managed to pull his hand out of Starshadow's grip.
"Unless you want Megatron to find out about your little secret, i suggest you keep your voice down." Sonar hissed his teeth bared.
Lady_Jet2

Unread post by Lady_Jet2 »

Rattrap looked up and shook his head. "Geeze...apparently we can't catch a break can we?" Rattrap muttered before blinking and looking over the files, seeing some sort of 'disturbance' in the log output. Checking the time stamp he quickly moved to the other window and pulled up the corresponding video just before the time in the abnormality. "I might have got somethin' 'ere Optimus..." He said looking up to the leader of their rag-tag group. "There's not much on the log output, but someone definitely got into da system, I'm pullin' up the video feed for the terminals in the lower decks to see if i can see the culprit."
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible Sanity." ~ Edgar Allen Poe
"I didn't escape! They gave me a daypass!" ~ Random Sticker
"Oh S**t!" ~ Movie Frenzy
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Optimus Primal wrote:Cheetor, you mentioned earlier that 'something funny' had been going on here. What exactly?
"Well, a little bit before you radioed in, a Predacon signature showed up on our scanners. I got nervous, but I thought it might have been a mess up, because there was a Maximal signal too- and everyone besides Sky and I was out in the field. And then the Maximal signal just... disappeared. So I checked the video surveillance of where the Pred signal was, but the cameras didn't show anything bad. So I went to the back of the ship to check things out for myself. I couldn't see anything outside for myself either. I radioed Sky to tell her I couldn't see anything, and then she said she had heard me say there was trouble in the engine room and she had already left the bridge. So I realized we were getting false messages- the Preds had to be here. And I wanted to make sure they weren't leading us into some place in the ship to get ambushed so I had Sky wait for me to come to her for both our sakes. Well, I found her, then we both ran to the bridge, but there wasn't anything wrong in it.

So we knew they had to have been here, but we never had any visual contact to even prove they had gone inside the base. I guess 'funny' was the first word I could think of to fit the whole thing."
Rattrap wrote:I'm pullin' up the video feed for the terminals in the lower decks to see if i can see the culprit.
Cheetor was immediately interested and he turned to face the screen.

But Dinobot's mind was still on Cheetor's other adventure.

"Were you able to conclude that the ship was destroyed, and it's occupant was a Predacon before you engaged the enemy?" he asked.

"Well... we weren't in any trouble when we found out the ship was a scrap heap, but the Glowstick took a potshot at Valkyrie and we got in a fight, and then we figured out there was a new Pred."

"And this," Dinobot continued inquisitively, "is when you and the rest of your comrades received your wounds?"

"No. We stuck around, I guess."

"You... 'stuck around'?" Dinobot repeated more loudly and incredulously. Cheetor was starting to get nervous.

Steelclaw began looking through the information taken from the Maximal base as well, and he went to crew information. This time he would give a full reading to Saber's file...

(c) Axalon-bound Designation: Saber
(f) Cybertronian Designation: Saber

Cybertronian history:

-Former general of Maximal terrestrial combat forces. All campaigns based on Cybertron. Infamously unexplained retirement, which led to suspicion by Maximal Elders. All investigations concluded there was no treachery involved in her past that would have put Maximal armed forces at risk. Her motivations for retirement were decided, therefore, to be of private consequence...

Aside from the confirmation that Saber was indeed the former general, Saber, Steelclaw had already known what he had thus far read. Her retirement had given Cybertronian broadcasting agencies plenty to tell the public.

Assets to exploration crew: Saber's combat experience allows for reliable strategic advice and a powerful physical fighter in the event ship Axalon encounters hostilities. Specific capabilities include:

-Extremely acute vision (range up to two miles). Possesses night-vision.
-Acute olfactory sense.
-One of the most physically strong crew members aboard ship Axalon.
-Potentially effective computer hacking skills. Specific talents remained untested before ship's departure.
-Armament: Westen 800 laser rifle...

Eh.

...UB 91 laser rifle...

Now that was a beautiful weapon.

...TOK 715 automatic laser rifle. Newly acquired fangs and claws worth noting.

Liabilities to exploration crew: Saber is not specifically experienced with scientific research and study, so peaceful exploration will delegate her to more mundane logistical tasks, which she has shown a willingness to take upon herself. Olfactory senses at times frustratingly sensitive to current planet's various scents. Informed crew of a fear of water. This has yet to be proven.

And that was the sum of it. There were some interesting things, to be certain. Maybe... if he asked... maybe she'd let him shoot the UB 91. Just once. But there was nothing in there about Sonar, who had shown an eery foreknowledge of Saber the day before. It was interesting though that he had said she was the general without even seeing her, and now the Maximal's very database had confirmed his words.

And that was really the heart of the matter. Steelclaw sat back on his metallic bunk, thinking about the situation...
Last edited by Blazemane on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.