Overall structure

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

What should our overall plot line be?

Continue going through as many episodes as possible
No votes
Go through episodes with broad team characterization
47%
Re-write Beast Wars' overall story with some major deviation
20%
Re-write Beast Wars with free plot
27%
Other
7%

Total votes: 15

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ I agree regarding Dinobot's death. I don't even know why that's even debated in the first place. Without his self-sacrifice, Season 3 would've been completely different. Dinobot II (one of the series' more terrifying characters) wouldn't have come into existence, and even if so, the original would have found a way to kill it and/or eat it. It'd also take away the anti-hero roles from Depth Charge and Blackarachnia, and having three of those walking around would be a bit excessive.
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

...and yet the original Dinobot is so kick aft.

What if.... Dinobot lived. Rampage was found and blah, so MEgatron got hal f his spark. To have a Dinobot on his side, he creates Dinobot II, who, while not as experienced as Dinobot #1, is designed to be his match. I mean, Dinobot II is fast, ruthless, has no questions about loyalty, sneaky, and is made f more advanced technology. The two are evenly matched, which would provide tension to the show and remove Dinobot from the "I can kick anyone's aft" category. This puts the Maximals in a more vulnerable position.

Then Blackaachnia comes along and changes sides.

Dinobot would have no patience for that. Again, good tension in the storyline - Dinobot would constantly insist the spider couldn't be trusted, with Black Arachnia's defense being that Dinobot is completely PRedacon and the Maximals have HIM. So why can't she join?

The two butt heads often, providing an angry tension as the story progresses. Rattrap could even back him up, which reinforces their strange friendship, and yet they still treat each other the same.

Same tension, if not more so, and interesting tension nonetheless. The major plots of te show could move long similar to the show while that's happening. Keeping him alive does not change much, in my opinion, as long as the same development that happened in the third season could happen anyways and in a Beast Warsy way too.

As for Depth Charge, he could come along and, liek in the show, his story is based on X. Dinobot would still be developing and have more Maximal ways of doing things by this time. He has his morals and his honor code. Depth Charge is not the same way. Depth Charge, I believe, wouldn't kill to get to X, but he'd sure take cheap shots or take risks. He's also focused on X enough that sharing vital info with his fellow Maximals is not on his priority list. (He had important info on Cheetor, for example, but didn't bother to tell OOP anything. To him, the cat was gone, end of story.) He's antihero, but not antihero enough to take away from BA and Dinobot. :/ All three of them have potential to develop, but all thre would develop differently from each other. So there are three people who give Optimus a hard time and handle their Heroics differently. So what? They're three different people, different stories, different reasons, and all three are greatly loved b the audience. In fact, it seems to me that if Dinobot lived and finally chose his side, he'd be one of the main peeps upholding MAximal morals in the guise of his honor code. I can see him now scolding DC for not being honorable in his selfish quest for "justice."

All in all, I don't think changing the deaths in the show would do much as long as it would be done in away that wouldn't affect later events greatly. Also, some Canonverse facts would be just vague enough that we'd find loopholes to keep several characters alive AND keep the plot on track.

...I would LOVE to know what Dinobot had to say abut Ravage. >:3 i bet he'd be the only character in BW who'd have an inkling of who Soundwave was. >;3 squeeeeeeeee!

well, maybe DC too, but there's no real canon that would indicate that.

and i don't think soundwave would let himself be remembered. tehehehe...

EDIT:

I will continue ranting for a moment:

Since Dinobot didn't die, no memories were uploaded to Dinobot II. AND since I wouldn't want Rampage to die (at least, YET, but Id rather never :3 ) then NEmesis could turn out differently - Rampage and DepthCharge fight, but it's Dinbot who's 'killed' in some way. Rampage is free from imprisonment, the energon shard only blows him and DC up but kills neither of them, and that's that.

If they leave Earth - Rampage is locked up by Depth Charge but not in a stasis pod. Big mistake. Rampage laughs his fool head off inside and plans something dark for him and his old friend. A new game to play, oh yes. It's indicated he knows how to escape but it's left up to the reader/viewer/whatever to wonder how and what's in store for DC and Co. Dinobot would be reassured by now that athough he's a Predacon and did wrong, the Maximal High Council could be convinced ot let him go. If not he'd serve his punishment, although OP swears he'll be alright. Dinobot coudl trsut that because he survived all three seasons and learned a lot since the beginning of the Beast Wars.

If the show did continue - there'd be greater exploration into DC and Rampage's characters, and a different resolution for them both. Death or not, just as long as it's good and phenomenal and epic and covers all the bases. Dinobot would also develop and possibly get a long overdue upgrade. Oh yeah. >:3 Black Arachnia...well if she was turned Maximal, she'd kinda like she was in Beast Machines but hopefully still keep some of her Predaconish edge. It's what made her admirably dangerous. er relationship with Silverbolt could continue to develop and personally, I'd like to see some negativity in there too - perhaps Silverbolt would wrestle with his dark side at some point, causing a rift in their relationship. Yeah, yeah, drama drama drama, but some people like that, and if done in a Beast Wars fashion, or at least pulled off like it, it would make sense and be cool.

Another thing interesting - what is Silverbolt was never turned into Jetstorm? x3 What if Jetstorm developed on his own as he has an identity crisis related to the fact that his and Quickstrike's pod both were damaged and scanned each other? And what if Quickstrike developed more in the sense that he too would have a slight alt ego to contend with that was scanned from Silverbolt?

:ponder ponder:
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Well... it could work.... If you wanted the reader die laughing :P
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Dalgaroth

o_O It's not funny, it's a serious idea... >_> ... that I think could work...
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

...and yet the original Dinobot is so kick aft.

What if.... Dinobot lived. Rampage was found and blah, so MEgatron got hal f his spark. To have a Dinobot on his side, he creates Dinobot II, who, while not as experienced as Dinobot #1, is designed to be his match. I mean, Dinobot II is fast, ruthless, has no questions about loyalty, sneaky, and is made f more advanced technology. The two are evenly matched, which would provide tension to the show and remove Dinobot from the "I can kick anyone's aft" category. This puts the Maximals in a more vulnerable position.

Dinobot would have no patience for that. Again, good tension in the storyline - Dinobot would constantly insist the spider couldn't be trusted, with Black Arachnia's defense being that Dinobot is completely PRedacon and the Maximals have HIM. So why can't she join?

The two butt heads often, providing an angry tension as the story progresses. Rattrap could even back him up, which reinforces their strange friendship, and yet they still treat each other the same.

Same tension, if not more so, and interesting tension nonetheless. The major plots of te show could move long similar to the show while that's happening. Keeping him alive does not change much, in my opinion, as long as the same development that happened in the third season could happen anyways and in a Beast Warsy way too.

As for Depth Charge, he could come along and, liek in the show, his story is based on X. Dinobot would still be developing and have more Maximal ways of doing things by this time. He has his morals and his honor code. Depth Charge is not the same way. Depth Charge, I believe, wouldn't kill to get to X, but he'd sure take cheap shots or take risks. He's also focused on X enough that sharing vital info with his fellow Maximals is not on his priority list. (He had important info on Cheetor, for example, but didn't bother to tell OOP anything. To him, the cat was gone, end of story.) He's antihero, but not antihero enough to take away from BA and Dinobot. :/ All three of them have potential to develop, but all thre would develop differently from each other. So there are three people who give Optimus a hard time and handle their Heroics differently. So what? They're three different people, different stories, different reasons, and all three are greatly loved b the audience. In fact, it seems to me that if Dinobot lived and finally chose his side, he'd be one of the main peeps upholding MAximal morals in the guise of his honor code. I can see him now scolding DC for not being honorable in his selfish quest for "justice."

All in all, I don't think changing the deaths in the show would do much as long as it would be done in away that wouldn't affect later events greatly. Also, some Canonverse facts would be just vague enough that we'd find loopholes to keep several characters alive AND keep the plot on track.

...I would LOVE to know what Dinobot had to say abut Ravage. >:3 i bet he'd be the only character in BW who'd have an inkling of who Soundwave was. >;3 squeeeeeeeee!

YESSSSSS! Let's do this!!!! CAN WE? CAN WE? CAN WE?

:lol:
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I'm with Venatrix on this one... I mean, it started off well but slowly turned into kind of a fanboyish ending where no one dies except Dinobot II (who's death is just as meaningless as Scorponok's). If we decide to go of course, I'm down for it and half of those ideas aren't bad at all.

***EDIT***

I'm definitely on board with the whole "overseer" idea to help get things rolling. Episodes need to move along a little quicker or else Season 1 will never end.

*starts singing the song that never ends*
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

So basically your saying your the most important character when it comes to getting awesome powers.*L*
Yes. :lol: It's not my fault! The Vok chose to pick on OP, and he's the best choice for a self sacrifice. Like every Optimus is. :wink: By the way, does anyone know why the Vok always targeted Primal? Any significant reason? I'm just curious.
Either that or those separate from the canon characters could just start up OC Episode #2 and continue their own adventures until they feel the time is appropriate for them to return.
That's not a bad idea either, Alak. Like Tigatron and Airazor who were always scouting else where, many of the OC Maximals and Predacons could do the same and bump into each other every once in a while while the canons continue to follow the story.
I think Dinobot should die. That was one of the epic things that happened during the Beast Wars, and would be a shame if it was changed.
Clone Dino could be spared, on the Nemesis, and ending up with slowly having his memories returning to him, or something like that.
I think I agree with Venatrix and Alak on this. I don't know much about the missing episode "Dark Glass," I believe it was called, but that's an episode we could play out on our own if anyone was interested. Just a thought. I'd like to get Tor's ideas on everything about Dinobot since he's her character.
I'm definitely on board with the whole "overseer" idea to help get things rolling. Episodes need to move along a little quicker or else Season 1 will never end.
Thanks, Alak. Hopefully, with the holidays coming up, people will be taking a break from school work and be able to start fresh with posting in a new episode.

Is everyone pretty much wrapped up with Beast Wars Part 2? If so, I'll start the next episode, "Chain of Command," and the OC's can choose whether or not they want to hang around or start their own episode 2 topic. The sooner we start, the sooner we can skip all the boring base labor, and those who are stuck in the CR's can be back on their feet again. Anything insignificant that won't be resolved can magically resolve itself with the minor time skip. :roll:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Dalgaroth

Ahh, fanboyish ending. I suppose, but the point is to continue the story in the second idea (4th season, which is the one I'd like ot see happen) which could still result in deaths. And even if no one dies it'd still be a good show. That's where I come from on that. :/ People don't need to die to make a good story. Now I know people would jump on me and say that show needed people to die because it made it more real, it is war afterall, and I say eyah, I agree. THat's part of why I like the show. . . But I'drather them not die if we rewrite it anyways.

Besides, between Dinobot and Depth Charge...well Dinobot's a fave but I've been DC obsessed for a while so I'd rather he and Page live, tbh. :/ Those two are the deaths I'd like to see not happen. :/ But then it not happening is OOC unless there's a fourth episode so... I dunno.

The reason I don't think we should go epi by epi is that it's going to get darn boring. I love adding stuff into the story, like Megatron's thoughts but I don't like the extreme scripting. D: To me, that's not RPing, that's writing hat we already know. T_T And, therefore, I look forward to the deviations we've gt planned. o-o ...which I don't really know...We've discussed plans before, but I'm afraid I went off on a tangent on morality. :') Unless I missed something.

Er....Terrorsaur is also one who "dies". . .Are we killing him off? D:

N prob on the whole next epi thing. >_> I can just...come back in, no probs.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Terrorsaur dying didn't contribute anything at all to the intensity of storyline of the BW show.. he was there, then he was gone. Not even mentioned beyond Black Arachnia's comment that Megatron is short of troops. If anything it would be nice to see some justice done for this poor often neglected character.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Heh.. You always did have a thing for the Starscream like characters.

I don't see any reason to continue waiting. Not to mention due to the amount of soldiers on each side, any left over events can be taken care as mentioned side stories. (IE:collecting Sonar if necessary.)

Furthermore posts now are seeming to be padding just leading to fuel frustrations among the player base. At least that's my analysis of the situation.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Design wise I will admit I thought Terrorsaur was the best of the predacons.. He had hands .. with fingers! ;) As I used to be an avid G1 fan, the transition to Beast Wars was a bit tricky. I'd mostly identify with the characters that would resemble old characters I already knew, and Terrorsaur was such a character. Other characters grew on me later in the series, but initially Terrorsaur was my favorite.
Dalgaroth

I agree - I really dont mind a skip to the next epi. I jsut don't think I can post for real, having been absent. -_-

Thank you or the rundown of the charries, Naitokage, btw! :DDD

Yeah, I uhh...didn't want to rush into it but...I don't want to kill Terry off. D:

:hugs him tight: DX Dun touch! DX

He had his moments and then they killed him off instead of Waspy. Of course, Waspy's fun and all, but Terry could have been a cool char in later episodes if given a chance. I always thought it was interesting how, while he was an idit in some cases, he was actually a good flyer, imo. It seems almost always got a good shot at Optimus. He was always defeated but he also could be dangerous. Terrorsaur with Power, like in the one epi, would be deadly, because he knows what he wants and it seems that if he's confident, has power to back him up, he suddenly seems a lot smarter too. -_-' Still dumb in some respects and yet smart in others. >_> Something I like about his character. :D

.....er...went off on another tangent sorry, but yes! No killing Terry! DX I can't do it! DX If I have to, I'll hand him over t someone else and I'll audition for Tarantulas instead or soemthing! DX No wait...omg...Why do all my favorites "DIE!?" DX UGGH.

However, I do NOT like his Toy Transmetal design, so I dunno what to do about that if we keep him alive... >_> .... :/

lol Terry is my most recent addition to my favorites list. He grew on me. I don't rememberwhat it was that started to get me interested though... I like his design, his voice, his beast mode, his colors, his white face, and his line "..I got the TAIL to prove it!" then shows his burnt up little stub of a tail struck me as hilarious at some point when rewatching the epi. Ahh good times. :'D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote: Yes. :lol: It's not my fault! The Vok chose to pick on OP, and he's the best choice for a self sacrifice. Like every Optimus is. :wink: By the way, does anyone know why the Vok always targeted Primal? Any significant reason? I'm just curious.
What can we say? The Vok just happen to recognize greatness when they see it :D Optimus was the clear leader in both demeanor and firepower. He played the "Jesus" role when he sacrificed himself for his friends, enemies, and the future... only to be risen from the dead just to show off even more awesomeness!!! One of the Vok's best televised weapons (Tigerhawk) engaged Optimus Primal and buried him into the earth, but he dug his way out and held no grudge against his attacker. Optimus Primal is the epitome of greatness and the Vok knew it the moment they met him!
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

During the chain of command episode, may i suggest the following:

-Since i made Valkyrie working as a second in command, that would automatically will leave her in command with Optimus his absence.
So having her been on another mission would leave Rattrap being Primal's choice again to lead the rest.
Or if someone have a better idea, please share it with us ^^
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Dalgaroth wrote:...and yet the original Dinobot is so kick aft.

EDIT:

I will continue ranting for a moment:

Since Dinobot didn't die, no memories were uploaded to Dinobot II. AND since I wouldn't want Rampage to die (at least, YET, but Id rather never :3 ) then NEmesis could turn out differently - Rampage and DepthCharge fight, but it's Dinbot who's 'killed' in some way. Rampage is free from imprisonment, the energon shard only blows him and DC up but kills neither of them, and that's that.

If they leave Earth - Rampage is locked up by Depth Charge but not in a stasis pod. Big mistake. Rampage laughs his fool head off inside and plans something dark for him and his old friend. A new game to play, oh yes. It's indicated he knows how to escape but it's left up to the reader/viewer/whatever to wonder how and what's in store for DC and Co. Dinobot would be reassured by now that athough he's a Predacon and did wrong, the Maximal High Council could be convinced ot let him go. If not he'd serve his punishment, although OP swears he'll be alright. Dinobot coudl trsut that because he survived all three seasons and learned a lot since the beginning of the Beast Wars.

If the show did continue - there'd be greater exploration into DC and Rampage's characters, and a different resolution for them both. Death or not, just as long as it's good and phenomenal and epic and covers all the bases. Dinobot would also develop and possibly get a long overdue upgrade. Oh yeah. >:3 Black Arachnia...well if she was turned Maximal, she'd kinda like she was in Beast Machines but hopefully still keep some of her Predaconish edge. It's what made her admirably dangerous. er relationship with Silverbolt could continue to develop and personally, I'd like to see some negativity in there too - perhaps Silverbolt would wrestle with his dark side at some point, causing a rift in their relationship. Yeah, yeah, drama drama drama, but some people like that, and if done in a Beast Wars fashion, or at least pulled off like it, it would make sense and be cool.

Another thing interesting - what is Silverbolt was never turned into Jetstorm? x3 What if Jetstorm developed on his own as he has an identity crisis related to the fact that his and Quickstrike's pod both were damaged and scanned each other? And what if Quickstrike developed more in the sense that he too would have a slight alt ego to contend with that was scanned from Silverbolt?

:ponder ponder:
That's so COOL!!! I'm in for this one.