New Q&A with Christy Marx- Writer of "Transmutate&q

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

tronprogram

New Q&A with Christy Marx- Writer of "Transmutate&q

Unread post by tronprogram »

Howdy!

In the last Q & A of this batch (I'm working on trying to get more people) Christy Marx has very kindly agreed to answer some questions.

Christy is the writer of the episode "Transmutate" in season 2, and see has also written episodes of Babylon 5, Hypernauts, The Twilingt Zone, plus other animated shows, comics and graphic novels.

If you have a question for her about her work on BW or anything else, please post it here.

Thanks everyone :)
There are no problems, only solutions.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I guess I can think of one if this helps:

Was Rampage's role in this episode meant to garner sympathy from the audience because viewers thought he was too violent or because this side of the character was intended since his conception?

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I'll try to clarify if you ask.
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

I know this is a question about a very old subject, but I must ask anyway.

I notice that you are the writer of the Beast Wars Episode ‘Dark Glass’, which was rejected by Hasbro for being ‘too dark’. Yet, comparing Episodes to ‘Code of Hero’ and ‘Transmutate’, and all of the Beast Machines Series, all of these were very deep and dark for a children’s program.

I have to ask if there is anything else behind Hasbro’s rejection of the ‘Dark Glass’ script, even to the point where the copies of your original script have to be destroyed.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Joshin Yasha

Unread post by Joshin Yasha »

Question:

Since this was your chance to really let Rampage shine as the star of this episode, was there anything that you wanted to put into the show concerning him that you might not have thought off before the episode aired?
Don't fret precious I'm here....
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/joshinyasha/joshinsig.jpg[/img]
....Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

As a HIIIUGE Babylon 5 fan, I have to throw a few questions around so:

The B5 Episode: Grail, written by Christy, and the Transmutate episode in BW are both quite tangential to the over-arcing plot. Transmutate was not a key player in the series, however was responsible for bringing such great development for other characters (namely Silverbolt and Rampage). Grail, introduced the Seekers into the B5 universe and Aldous' character gives development and reflection for some major characters as well. Were these characters created with this express purpose, or would you have liked to have seen more development into the main story arc?

In relation to the above question, what sort of development was undertaken to write these characters? e.g. Did you start from the end and work backwards?

B5 is a vast universal space opera with a multitude of races and planets involved in the overall story, whereas BW is a focus on two tight-knit groups on opposing sides. How did these points affect the development of characters and plot?
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...