Recently discovered new "likeness" for characters?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Recently discovered new "likeness" for characters?

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

So I guess I have just recently started to like Terrorsaur, even though I really do prefer the later seasons.

Anyone else just randomly start to like a certain character? If so, who? And I guess; what made you start to like them?
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

I'll admit that as kid I didn't really care for Terrorsaur, but found myself growing to like him about 2 years ago, when I started rewatching Beast Wars and that I starting to read some interesting fanfics around his character so I found myself developing a soft spot for him, and plus after he got my interest even more after a friend of my pointed out his relationship with Waspinator that I never noticed before.

Also I think Rampage is another charatcer that I think I found myself liking at random. As a kid I thought he was kind of scary, but of course the epsidoe Transmutate did make me sorry for him. Anyway, I did find myself liking him when started to watch Beast Wars again. Mostly becasue the epsiode Transmutate and plus the fact that he was used a an experiment got me thinking that maybe there was more to him than being a pyscho that feeds off pain.
I demand cookies!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Also I think Rampage is another charatcer that I think I found myself liking at random. As a kid I thought he was kind of scary, but of course the epsidoe Transmutate did make me sorry for him. Anyway, I did find myself liking him when started to watch Beast Wars again. Mostly becasue the epsiode Transmutate and plus the fact that he was used a an experiment got me thinking that maybe there was more to him than being a pyscho that feeds off pain.
I have to agree with you on that, when i was younger Rampage kinda scare but now, i think he's just awesome. I just remembered some thing from when i was a kid, you the epidsode where Rampage dies and Dinobot feels it. I think i was six and i was watching it with my baby sitters kid and you know how Dinobot 2 is switching from his orginal form back to his TM2 then so on. We were shouting "C'mon, Dinobot!!" at the tv while that happening. Childhood memories you gotta love 'em.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

It's strange. I have gotten to like Scorponok. Poor guy is loyal to Megatron yet he thinks of him as expendable.

Also I have to say I hated Silverbolt when I was little especially after he punched Cheetor(who I was crazy about when I was young. Not so much now.) Well, I think he is okay now.
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

lol Terrorsaur is also my mostrecent fave. xD

I dunno what got me to like him...um...Well, I think at some point I noticed how he's like Starscream, a character I HATED but who grew on me, but then I started noticing how they're very different characters. I also think he's good looking and that he has great potential and he's funny. xDDD So he kinda wavered on "Fave or not to Fave" for a while before I rewatched episodes with him in it, saw his friendlier relationship with Waspy, read a few fics where he was written well, including ones where he's with Waspy (Shockbox's fics are good. n_n I especially like her most recent ones and I love how she writes Terry.) and then I started writing my Deep Impact fic and I got ideas for is character. Then from there, he became a favorite! :D

I already mentioned SS - I really did NOT like him when I was first into G1. -_- He was annoying, disloyal, power hungry, etcetc. Then I saw how he was treated and the backstory of him and Skyfire. I was so sad and both Starscream and Skyfire got my sympathies. T_T So, more interested, I looked more into his character and I found a really interesting character. Over time, he kind of grew on me and now he's my favorite. Soundwave and Rumble are my TOP faves, though. THEN Starscream. :3

Oh, and all of a sudden, I'm ALL ABOUT Pvt Vasquez from the Second Alien movie. I LOVE that movie and always have, and I always liked her, but since she dies, I've always avoided that movie. It's been a loooong time since I saw it and back then, she wasn't my favorite, the awesomeness of the aliens was, as well as Ripley. But now I watch it again and I realize, "OMG....O...M...G... she doesn't say much after the initial half of the movie but she's there til the end, she's so calm and BAD and awesome and I could NOT believe I forgot such a great character!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should HONOR her character by remembering her awesomeness and sacrifice (if only she'd reacted a little faster or Gorman had a freakin' GUN or something and some MUSCLE. GEEZ.). And, I really do NOT have many female fave characters in any fandom ever. In many cases, Strong Female characters look like they're trying too hard, or they ave juuuust tthe wrong attitude or juuuuuust the wrong amount of it, but Vasquez was perfect. (Ripley was too and so was Sarah Conner from Terminator, but they're not the same.) Therefore, out of the blue, she's inserted herself into my List of Favorite Character EVER. n_n
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

For me, it was Airrazor. In the beginning, I thought she was alright, then eventually she became my favorite character from season 1. I like her beast mode and Pauline Newstone's voice is perfect for the character.
Togo

Unread post by Togo »

I'm a newbie fan of BS, so my "recently" is very relative. A character that I didn't like very much the first time I watched it but that I now like is Dinobot. Maybe it was because when I first saw it I was too young to understand his character, or maybe because I hadn't watched season 2 until a few weeks ago, I don't know.
Kamikaze

Unread post by Kamikaze »

I'm ashamed to admit in my younger years that I didn't think much of Rhinox, seen as he rarely left the base or even transformed. I love the Big Green now, though.
"I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined."
-Dinobot.

Exterminating the Wapanese vermin since whenever.
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

I'm actually going to go with Optimus from the first season. I didn't care for him really at all in the show, I found him..well...bland (sorry Nurann!)

But as the episode's progressed, I think I preferred him in Beast Machines to a degree (more so because he looked more like a real Silverback in that show).

But I've started to begrudgingly enjoy his character.

As for others, most of my favorites never shifted over the years.. I always adored Rampage, and according to mom a few years back, I always preferred the more violent and evil characters (I use to watch G1 as a baby..she told me it was the only show that shut me up..especially the tank 0_o who knew..)

I've enjoyed Dinobot and Depth Charge, Rattrap and Waspinator.

Hated Silverbolt, and mildly disliked Black Arachnia(she tries too hard).

But, yea that's my two cents. ^.^
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Also I don't know why but Megatron, he won't be in my top 4 favorite's, those are pretty tough to beat well 5, with Waspy, But I gotta love the bug :) But Megatron I have noticed is a fascinating character, I don't think he's hot (Like Starath... :lol: ) or anything. Haha, but I'm starting to write more about him, or at least use him in my writings more.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I've watched ROTF for the umteenth time and i'm starting to like old man Jetfire.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
xCubicZirconia
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Maximal Aphrodite

Unread post by xCubicZirconia »

Depth Charge ^_^ Always has been, always will be my favorite character! We have a lot in common...

I was sleeping with my action figure the other day and my step dad came in my room to wake me up and yelled, "What the h311 is this sh1t? You two aren't allowed to sleep together! I ain't ready for robot grandbabies!" The he picked him up and threw him on my dresser xD

Cheetor's cute 2 ^_^ I wanna cuddle em! I would cuddle DC but he'd probably drown me to death ><;
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I'd say this past year I've grown to like Rampage as a character overall rather than just seeing him as Depth Charge's archenemy. I mean, he was cool and all before, but my appreciation for him just elevated after rewatching all three seasons. Definitely one of the more serious characters despite his maniacal laughter.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Inferno kinda too for me. Yes, he's an ant, he serves his "queen" in later seasons he didn't really speak as much.

Oh and Dinobot, he caught me interest too. not Tm2, but original lol. Rattrap a little bit too, Though not on my favorites still top 4, 5 if I say Waspy. Hehe.
Whirlaway

Unread post by Whirlaway »

Inferno. I never paid any attention to him when I was younger. He was powerful and neat looking, but I dismissed him as insane and just took anything he did as part and parcel of his glitch. Re-watching as an adult (as if that makes a difference? lol) I see him entirely differently than I did before. He's actually intelligent and we have interesting moments when he proves it... how he defeats Rattrap in "Changing of the Guard," finding the Alien Disk and knowing its importance (more than we can say for Rhinox, oddly), blowing up the raw energon in "The Agenda" to bury Primal and Cheetor... It seems that he's so ruled by instincts he just doesn't ACT on his own foresight and wit. Following orders to the letter is an overriding priority, more so than self preservation or even winning a battle. Look at how he accepts Sentinel from Silverbolt in "Changing of the Guard" without bothering to slag him... his orders were to get the program, not to kill Maximals, so he doesn't :roll:
http://whirlaway-pred.livejournal.com/
The spark that keeps on sparking. . .