What is the most obscure Beast Wars related thing you own?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What is the most obscure Beast Wars related thing you own?

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Well, I had a quick glimpse at my collection and I am proud to say that I cleaned up on weird and whacky things at this year's Botcon.

I managed to score
- two Beast Wars drinking glasses, with Maximal logos which change colour as you fill it with drink

- a little base playset thingy which reminds me of the old Mighty Max playsets

- Some chibi Beast Wars fridge magnets which are SUPER CUTE!

- A Maximals yoyo

Anyone else have any of the additional paraphernalia from the Beast Wars era?
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

The most obscure Beast Wars thing I have is Ian James Corlett's signature, I dont really collect signatures, but he was alone, and I was passing his table with my magazine, so I figured I should lol
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Aesir wrote:The most obscure Beast Wars thing I have is Ian James Corlett's signature, I dont really collect signatures, but he was alone, and I was passing his table with my magazine, so I figured I should lol
Alone?Oh man if I was there,I wouldn't have left him alone.

I don't think I have anything obscure as of yet in terms of Beast Wars stuff.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

A set of golden disks that were sold at Botcon 2006 ... a "Got Scott?" T-shirt that Hacker made with this image on the back: http://sinead.deviantart.com/art/Relivi ... m-19217718
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Darth Knuckles

Unread post by Darth Knuckles »

I'm not really sure I can contribute to this thread because the Beast Wars stuff that that I have is the main stuff like all three seasons of the show on DVD....that I still haven't even opened yet!!! :? :shock: ....and almost all of the Beast Wars toys that I wanted (except Inferno :evil:)

But I was able to see the set of golden disks that were sold at Botcon 2006 because I know Hacker! Hacker is the one who told me to join this site years ago but I just wasn't into computers yet. Hacker knew I was a big fan and we talked about the show a lot back in the day. I saw the golden discs at Hacker's house one day and they were cool! :D
"Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals. The future has changed. Yeeeessss. The Autobots lose, evil triumphs, and you, you, no longer exist! " - Megatron (Beast Wars)
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

I was given a Beast Wars tracing/coloring book a few years ago. It's really quite cute. I dunno what I'll do with it, though, cuz I don't want to color any of the pages (yes, I would if I had the urge =P ) and ruin its value.

For now it's in storage along with 95% of my TF toys since I've moved out and gone to college.

Oh, I still have the BWINT shirt Nurann made for us a couple years ago, too. I forget what for. xD But it has my name on it and is awesome. OH! And I have a chibi Depth Charge shirt I bought from our site's store awhile ago, too.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I don't know what my most obscure Beast Wars thingies are anymore. Most of it is still boxed up in storage ever since my move a little more than a year ago because I have no where to put any of it.
a little base playset thingy which reminds me of the old Mighty Max playsets
Ah! I think I have one of those, too! But it's the Predacons. I could never find the Maximals one. :P

I have a movie poster-sized Beast Wars (1st season) poster.

A MIB purple TransMetal Optimus Primal I was lucky enough to find at my local Toys R Us years ago that I had Garry sign at the '01 BotCon.

A MIB pink TransMetal Megatron that David signed for me at the OTFCC '03.

I have a smaller sized first season Primal MIB that a friend sent me. It's so cute. ^_^

Oh! I have some of those TransMetal two toys that have the Roman number "II" on the packaging instead of that silly "2" they changed them to. :roll: Or was that vice versa...? I don't remember anymore.

I have one or two VHS's that they sold before the show came to DVD. I think they both have second season episodes on them but I don't think I ever actually watched them.

And I guess the only other uncommon things I can think of right now are the signed copies of my drawings that I handed to some of the voices so far.
- two Beast Wars drinking glasses, with Maximal logos which change colour as you fill it with drink
- Some chibi Beast Wars fridge magnets which are SUPER CUTE!
- A Maximals yoyo
A set of golden disks that were sold at Botcon 2006 ... a "Got Scott?" T-shirt that Hacker made with this image on the back:
I was given a Beast Wars tracing/coloring book a few years ago. It's really quite cute. I dunno what I'll do with it, though, cuz I don't want to color any of the pages (yes, I would if I had the urge =P ) and ruin its value.
Starath, maybe you could scan and print the pages and color the copies instead of coloring the actual book.
Oh, I still have the BWINT shirt Nurann made for us a couple years ago, too. I forget what for. xD But it has my name on it and is awesome. OH! And I have a chibi Depth Charge shirt I bought from our site's store awhile ago, too.
You guys have some pretty cool stuff that I never knew existed! :D That is awesome!
"Well, that's just prime!"
tronprogram

Unread post by tronprogram »

I've got a large collection of G1 art from the IDW comics, but recently I picked up the original drawing of Inferno and his alt mode from the BW Sourcebook.
There are no problems, only solutions.
Togo

Unread post by Togo »

Sadly, I don't really own anything related to BW. I couldn't find any marchandise back in 1997 and now I'll have to import it from abroad, with obviously high shipping costs.

By the way... I'm looking for the region 2 DVD's but I can't find them, any suggestion?
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Togo wrote:Sadly, I don't really own anything related to BW. I couldn't find any marchandise back in 1997 and now I'll have to import it from abroad, with obviously high shipping costs.

By the way... I'm looking for the region 2 DVD's but I can't find them, any suggestion?
theres only a couple of Beast Wars DVD's in Region 2 format at the moment, but all of Beast Machines is on DVD.

You could get some Beast wars figures for cheap on ebay you know, or go to a convention (at Auto Assembly this year there were boxes and tables literally full of Beast Era figures)
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

Togo

Unread post by Togo »

Aesir wrote:theres only a couple of Beast Wars DVD's in Region 2 format at the moment, but all of Beast Machines is on DVD.
I never watched Beast Machines, but I heard from those who have that it's not nearly as good as Beast Wars. I'll keep looking for those DVD's, thanks.
Aesir wrote:You could get some Beast wars figures for cheap on ebay you know, or go to a convention (at Auto Assembly this year there were boxes and tables literally full of Beast Era figures)
Yes, I saw them and planning to get at least a couple of figures. I saw that some of them are still brand new and sealed, I didn't know they are still being produced.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Togo wrote:
Aesir wrote:theres only a couple of Beast Wars DVD's in Region 2 format at the moment, but all of Beast Machines is on DVD.
I never watched Beast Machines, but I heard from those who have that it's not nearly as good as Beast Wars. I'll keep looking for those DVD's, thanks.
Aesir wrote:You could get some Beast wars figures for cheap on ebay you know, or go to a convention (at Auto Assembly this year there were boxes and tables literally full of Beast Era figures)
Yes, I saw them and planning to get at least a couple of figures. I saw that some of them are still brand new and sealed, I didn't know they are still being produced.
they arent still being produced, but some shops/collectors just still have them in packaging, though I tend to buy them loose, since its cheeper

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

*pouts* You guys have all the fun.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

When I bought some Beast Wars toys online a few years ago, I found a character card inside some of them. There was a character card inside a Megatron transmetal T-rex box. Everything is in Japanese, except the words Destron.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

There was a character card inside a Megatron transmetal T-rex box. Everything is in Japanese, except the words Destron.
I have a TM Rattrap like that! Is the character card holographic? Rattrap's card changes from his original beast mode, to his TM beast mode and then to his TM robot mode. Or something like that. But I got him in that Japanese packaging because his TM shiny paint was pink instead of red. :lol: I like getting the miscolored toys. :roll:
"Well, that's just prime!"