Are all Predacons evil?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Are all Predacons evil?

Unread post by una »

Debate!!!!! Woohoo!!! :lol:

What do you believe? My answer is normally they are but Dinobot is the exception(even though he isn't totally good, but his redeemable quality: his honor turns him good). The whole superiorty, conquest, manpulation, and working for personal gain are selfish and evil.

But let's go deeper... What is the definition between good and evil?

How about the fact that some Predacons believe that they aren't evil?

What's your opinion?
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Where there is light, they shall be a shadow

ie everyone has good and evil within them, including Transformers
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

i don't think there all evil, they all have a choose to be good or evil.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

They hall had their moments when they wee evil and other's when not so much. :D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I think they're just living under different ideologies (everything is yours for the taking, survival of the fittest, etc.). I definitely don't see them as a parallel to the Decepticons, though. In my opinion, Dinobot, Blackarachnia, and Waspinator have shown "good" qualities at some point. Other characters are more debatable, but from certain perspectives they don't seem as bad as many make them out to be.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Yeah, I agree with Alak about the different ideologies thing. I'll admit that as a kid I thought all Predacon were evil. But now I don't think that. Like everyone has mentioned already some of the Preds have shown good quialties. Heck, I think even Terrorsaur has some quialties, but that seems to be mostly when he's with Waspinator. Because when you think about the two probably had a friendship and were probably the only Predacon who were willing to watch out for each other, considering that Terrorsaur once blasted a rock off Waspy and helped him up.
I demand cookies!
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

x_x Dear Primus, we're writing essays on this over in the RPG area. x_X

Um, I'll make it short cuz I already typed a lot - I agree that everything has "good" and "evil" in it. Everything has a flip side, yin and yan, two sides of a coin. Things aren't always obvious, how something is good when it's perceived as bad or how something's bad when it's good. Smallpox coudl be seen as evil, but it's life. It's something that developed i nthe world on its own. It has no morality. In fact, that's 99% of the world right there. Humans and other sentient creatures are the ones that ace what is good and what is bad because to them, they want to live and they have aspirations and anything that gets in the way of that is bad and anything that helps them is good. It's all selfish. -_- Someone releasing smallpox on the world. If that Someone did it on purpose with malicious intentbecause they thought it'd be fun or they're getting revenge or something, that's easily seen as Evil. But does a decline in human population do for the world?

A lot of good, imo. Less pollution, more space for surviving humans to live in, fish populations could go back up, food would be more abundant, etc. Survivors would be devastated and mentally scarred for the rest of their lives because they're sentient, but the world as a whole regained some semblance of balance somewhere because that's life. Life always finds a way. If it can grow, it will. And it will grow "good" things and "bad" things all the time. :D

....SOOO do I think Preds are evil? No. My examples would be Dinobot, of course, Black Arachnia falling in love (true evil cannot love, imo) and changing sides even after all the slag she did, Quickstrike being Maximal but joining the Preds because of a violent nature, Rampage going nutso and killing people because he could was, imo, a reaction against those who hurt him and him having power for the first time ever with no morals to stop him, Terrorsaur having a kind of camaraderie with Waspinator,etc.

^-------- a reason I LOVE Terrorsaur. :D I look forward to exploring that in the RP.

I shall stop there cuz it's longer than I intended and because I might start getting myself confused. -_-

Basically, I agree with what yall said. So there. ;D
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing up Rampage! He's a testimony that Predacons do have a heart, especially in the episode "Transmutate".
Dalgaroth

n_n Well...I also don't think Rampage is a Pred. :3 He was made a Pred but not programmed. I think he'd be Maximal, but maybe he's neither? (programming)

"Transmutate" was so sad. ;_;
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

I don't really think Predacons are evil. Not even Megatron. He just wasn't happy with the way things were going to him and others like him. he wanted to change things to make his and other predacon's lives different.

Yes, I am aware that Dinobot said things about Megatron that are true in the one episode but how could they really be defined as evil anyway?

I mean look what the Maximals did. They wanted to replicate Starscream's immortal spark so they went and experimented on Rampage. You call that good?

I honestly don't think Predacons are "evil" nor do I think Maximals are "good". They have qualities to go both ways.

Just look at Depth Charge. He was a Maximal but he could have just as well been a Predacon.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing up Rampage! He's a testimony that Predacons do have a heart, especially in the episode "Transmutate".
Oh, very true Alak, I almost forgot about that.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

About Rampage:

"Don't be fooled by one flicker of emotion. He is still a killer." (A quote from a old TV series)

Even though I loved how Rampage had taken a likening to Transmutate, he is evil and dangerous. I call him evil because only an evil person will feel pleasure in the pain and suffering of innocent people(example: Colony Omicron). His fury was unfounded towards them.

I love to point out the most questionable Maximals:

The Elders

They created the beast called Protoform X. Instead of taking responsiability, they erased all knowledge of his existence and want to dump it on a barren planet like trash and to forget about it.

Megatron:

He is evil to a core. He's obsessive, power hungry and corrupted. He uses people and has no compassion what so ever and doesn't regret how many people die for his own selfish goals for godhood and Predacon liberation.
7Knight-Wolf

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

That depends on what you consider to be evil. Predacons are programmed to have a different mindset: they are programmed to have conquest and being the victor as their motivation in all cases. Maximals are programmed to have peace as their motivation. In some Predacons more than others, this evil mindset may prove to produce evil actions. With your every-day Predacons, it would be hard to tell by their actions.

*Edit!*
Last edited by 7Knight-Wolf on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emotions are the colors of the soul. They are like Crayola crayons: you want the 64 set box with the pencil sharpener, not the dollar-store 4 set box.
~inspired by Teresa Mcbean
Dalgaroth

I strongly disagree with you on Rampage. His 'flicker' of emotion was portrayed as very real and several times in the show it seems he himself is in pain. He seems to want freedom more than anything and how would he know anything else BUT pain? o_O His fury is not unfounded - they hurt him, they used him, they restrained him. They made him intelligent but treated him liek an animal. Even Primal treats him like a monster. But if that's all he ever knew, and one day, escaped, who's to say that in his fury, or in his joy at being free for the first time to do as he pleased to any and all who hurt him before, he lost it and went wacko? No one ever raised him or taught him to think hurting others was bad. In fact, if those scientists were as evil as you view Rampage to be, is it any wonder he's 'evil'? D:

I'm not saying he's not bad - he's a frightening character on many levels, deadly and awesome. But the show ended too quickly and pushed his storyline too far into the back for us to truly understand him. Al lwe have are the little grains of info we see in the show - the way he moves, the looks he has on his face, his reactions to things, his words, his tone, how others perceive him, etc. From all that, I personally conclude that while he has the capacity to learn right from wrong, he never did and was never given the chance. He was created to be an experiment in immortality and turned out a monster becasue of that. I do not feel he's evil. I feel that he's the product of evil and I sincerely hope he rests in peace. It's like if Tarantulas created a monster and it got lose and killed people, would one blame the monster or Tarantulas? I think one would lbame Tarantulas. The difference with Rampage is that he's sentient and intelligent and should know right from wrong. Alas, he does, or did, not back on Omicron it seems and ever since his release has only his experiences between then and his end in the Beast Wars to build his identity off of, to come to conclusions about the world, to decide what it is he wants in life, what there is life even has to offer, etc. I think his world is about pain and feeling pain in others is not so much taking sick pleasure in that as it is taking pleasure in the fact that he can control others and have them be at his mercy for once. His desire to kill Megatron, to kill anyone, to kill all those people, was, I believe, founded in a mess of emotion and ignorance only one in his position could truly understand. ;_; I think he has the intelligence to figure out how the Maximals work and the PREdacons and stuff in order to mock their ways but I don't think he ever understands them and their importance. . .

^--- seems liek a big mess of words when i read that over but I'm trying to explain myself xD

Megatron on the other hand........ As I explained before, my ideas of good and bad, good and evil, are generally grey, and from Megatron's POV he's doing right. Assuming Megatron is into the war for the greater good of all Predacons, I do not think he's evil so much as a little insane wit a big cause he's willing to do whatever it takes to fight for. In that case, while his actions are certainly bad, he's not evil. However, he does seem to be in it for himself and as the show goes on we get the drift that he likes pain in others, takes pleasure from it even, loves irony and will drag things out to experience it or stage things to be ironic, loves crushing peoples hopes and desires, likes to torture, beats his comrades, does not form any attachments to anything but his trex/dragon heads , etc. His lust for power and willingness to destroy all and everything for complete personal gain with no desire to share it or benefit others with it is, imo, evil. Is his essence evil? Maybe. It certainly seems that several times, especially in Beast machines, if we include that here, that yes, even his spark is corrupt. He's an AWESOME char and a great bad guy, but in person I think I'd hate his mechanical guts.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

I strongly disagree with you on Rampage. His 'flicker' of emotion was portrayed as very real and several times in the show it seems he himself is in pain. He seems to want freedom more than anything and how would he know anything else BUT pain? o_O His fury is not unfounded - they hurt him, they used him, they restrained him. They made him intelligent but treated him liek an animal. Even Primal treats him like a monster. But if that's all he ever knew, and one day, escaped, who's to say that in his fury, or in his joy at being free for the first time to do as he pleased to any and all who hurt him before, he lost it and went wacko? No one ever raised him or taught him to think hurting others was bad. In fact, if those scientists were as evil as you view Rampage to be, is it any wonder he's 'evil'? D:

I understand about the scientists but he leveled an entire colony and colony which may had people innocent to a fact of him being created. People just going about their day.

Just one question...

Don't you think he hates being a monster? I don't think he does. I think he even uses his own pain to justifiy the murder of his victims.

Maybe he got to like pain.

Sure, after Tranmutate dies, he starts to show that he wants to end his life and the only person he would do that is Depth Charge because he knows that he is the only Maximal who will kill him.

Now, the subject of Depth Charge, he becomes a shell of his former self. He lives with survivor's guilt and the urge to avenge the people he failed to protect. In a way, Rampage himself created a monster. Depth Charge.

His lust for power and willingness to destroy all and everything for complete personal gain with no desire to share it or benefit others with it is, imo, evil. Is his essence evil? Maybe. It certainly seems that several times, especially in Beast machines, if we include that here, that yes, even his spark is corrupt. He's an AWESOME char and a great bad guy, but in person I think I'd hate his mechanical guts.
Yep, evil to the core.

His superiority complex doesn't help matters either.