What's Next?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

What's Next?

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Hey, guys! I know we had a topic about this stuff a little while back called "Long Term Plan," but I'm pretty much starting all over in this topic in hopes to get clearer answers and perhaps new ideas and opinions from those who have recently joined the game.

My first question is: how long do you guys want to drag out the second BW episode? I ask this because it is my understanding that the OC's are or will be wrapping things up in their own topic and heading off to find their respective factions to join the rest of the main game. I really don't mind how long it goes as long as every character gets acquainted with each other. I know at the end of the second episode on the show, viewers don't get to see if all the Predacons make it out alive, and if Megatron yells at them for their failure, etc. So if we had them and the Maximals return to base, and then the other OC's meet them there, it's not like we wouldn't have anything to do for a little bit; eventually I'd end the episode and move on. Or maybe everyone would want to let the OC's join at the beginning of the next episode?

Which leads me to my next question. We're skipping "The Web," correct? And moving on to "Equal Measures" after "BW Part 2?" Does everyone want to keep following the episodes? I'd prefer to do so just so we stay on track and episodes don't go on for months and months and months without getting anything resolved. I'd like to have a pretty straight forward story with each one from the show, but the scripts can certainly be mixed up, especially with all the new characters added in. We won't have to be that strict with dialogue and who fights who, etc.

Please post your opinions, ideas or questions so I know where we want to go as we near the ending of the second episode (according to the show). Thank you!
Last edited by Optimal Optimus Primal on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Well i'm thinking of bring a new charater into the mix his name is Duke/Hazard but i think i'm gonna wait a little bit before throwing him into the story.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

Hi!

I really like that we're following the episodes. It gives the RP undeniable structure but we can easily manipulate it to fit OCs and stuff. It also gives us a Canon environment that keeps the Canon feel to our RP so that OCs have a backdrop to work with to keep them non-MS and keep Canons IC.

Question though: Why not The Web? I suppose it's a filler....hm... what I deduce is that there are several characters now that might present problems in the future, not only Tarantulas. Since the episode was meant to establish Tarantulas as a main character, imo, then I guess it's not needed...?

I'm trying to think of suggestions......hm... OOOHHH! I have a major question regarding Canons - I'm part of another RP and we have a rule where whoever RPs canons, it's up to them what happens to them, their history, and who they interact with and stuff. Is there a rule like that here? Like, if someone were to create an OC that was supposed to have Megatron or Terrorsaur fall in love with them, I can say no, right? Especially if I feel that the intended story and/or OC (or even another canon) isn't compatible?

Oh another question - I always find it helpful to discuss or hear what will happen inthe future of the RP. I'd like to know people's plans for their OCs and/or Canons in the future. I notice several OCs have dark secrets or intended changes or whatever, so when do those events happen? How do we get there? What do the Canons and their authors have to do and do those Authors have a say in it since they are, essentially, the backbone of the RP? (same as previous question, pretty much.)

I think that's all for now, Trying to think of more. n_n

Edit: Also!!!!!1 Canon Authors can change Canon Events too right? n_n Like.....Terrorsaur not dying? =_= :glares at BW writers: lol
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by New Moon »

I do have on question tha has been on my mind lately. Will those who have fuzors or create fuzors be able to have those characters come in at the start of the seacond season such as Silverbolt and Quickstrike? I am curious since I have created Ferlanight as a fuzor and intended to bring her in in that episode.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

I'd assume that would be the case Newmoon.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Okay, N-H.
It gives the RP undeniable structure but we can easily manipulate it to fit OCs and stuff. It also gives us a Canon environment that keeps the Canon feel to our RP so that OCs have a backdrop to work with to keep them non-MS and keep Canons IC.
I agree, Dal.
Why not The Web? I suppose it's a filler....hm... what I deduce is that there are several characters now that might present problems in the future, not only Tarantulas. Since the episode was meant to establish Tarantulas as a main character, imo, then I guess it's not needed...?
It does revolve a lot around Tarantulas, but it also had a lot to do with Cheetor. I think people wanted to skip it because it was too weird (Cheetor's creepy dream and all). And it's just one more episode where Cheetor messes up really badly. We have enough of those episodes to use; like the episode right after that one, "Equal Measures." The only reason I'd like to do it is to see Cheetor get scrapped by Scorponok and Tarantulas. :lol: Kidding!
Is there a rule like that here? Like, if someone were to create an OC that was supposed to have Megatron or Terrorsaur fall in love with them, I can say no, right? Especially if I feel that the intended story and/or OC (or even another canon) isn't compatible?
That is correct, Dal. If someone wants their OC to make a bond, history or a relationship with either a canon or another OC, they need to have permission and compliance from the owners of those characters to do it. The person playing that canon or OC should have a better judgement whether or not their character would be involved with those kinds of situations, and if it would work in the story.
I'd like to know people's plans for their OCs and/or Canons in the future. I notice several OCs have dark secrets or intended changes or whatever, so when do those events happen? How do we get there? What do the Canons and their authors have to do and do those Authors have a say in it since they are, essentially, the backbone of the RP?
I agree. I would like to know that as well just so we know where we're heading in the story and character development. In order to have things like secrets and feelings revealed in certain episodes, I would follow the greatest example we have; the show! Notice how almost every episode focuses on one or two characters at a time. And little by little, character development is made and things start coming out in the open. I think it all really depends when the players want to reveal something.
Canon Authors can change Canon Events too right? n_n Like.....Terrorsaur not dying? =_= :glares at BW writers: lol
:lol: Personally, I would like to see what the rest of the show would have been like had some characters not been killed off. Would they have become TransMetals in the second season? I would like to leave that up to the owners of the characters, but I don't know if everyone would agree on it. For me with Optimus, I do plan on having him killed at the end of the first season; it would give me a nice break from RPing until he comes back. :wink: And it's more dramatic for the Maximals, and drama is always fun. :twisted:
Will those who have fuzors or create fuzors be able to have those characters come in at the start of the seacond season such as Silverbolt and Quickstrike? I am curious since I have created Ferlanight as a fuzor and intended to bring her in in that episode.
I see no problem with that at all, New Moon. I think it would be a perfect opportunity for them to join at that point while the pods are scattered all over.
Last edited by Optimal Optimus Primal on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I'm going to let Scorponok get killed at Aftermath as he does. But can he come back as a ghost to haunt Megatron sometimes? Were the writers going to do that? I heard something about that but they scrapped it.

Well, about my character Angel when she enters in the second season around Coming of the Fuzors, she's going to be close lipped on her past.

Dal, since you are rping Megatron, when the Maximals and Predacons get into their skirmishs, is it okay if Megatron recognizes my character and maybe taunts her alittle(about her being half-Predacon and killing her father who was predacon).

If you read her bio, you see what I'm talking about. Also, since her father did raise her for awhile, Megatron knows who she is and remembers seeing her as a little protoform.

Is that all right?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Dark Secrets:

If you see your character in here and feel they have been misinterpreted or want to add further to their story, then just reply with the changes you want noted. People can see it in your post then, and I could probably edit these here:

Angel (Una):

A Maximal agent who was originally from Omicron but was off of the colony at the time of X's attack.

Her dad sent her to the Academy, but near the time of her graduation, it was found that her father was a Predacon double agent specifically working to destabilize the Pax Cybertronia, and he was duly arrested. Angel was also a suspect for a short while before her innocence was proven. Whether or not her father's betrayal was the specific reason, she decided to join the Maximal Security Force.

Her father escaped prison at some point, and the Maximal Security Force decided it would be a great idea to send her to take him back in (smart organization this security force :?). Her force confrontation resulted in her near death at the hands of her dad, and a "moral" lecture along with the revelation that he was working for Megatron.

Angel was sent a second time after her father, now with a mandate for his termination. Failure would mean her being labeled as a traitor. She hunted him down, and caught him just about to commit the assassination of a Maximal Elder. When her father pointed his gun at her, he was met with weapons fire, and was killed on the scene.

Feeling unbearable guilt over the situation, she retires and goes in seclusion, all the while maintaining a grudge against the Maximal Elders.

After a few years, she gets her own ship, and goes to Earth, but gets caught in a temporal wave and thus sent into the Beast Wars. Her past problems now manifest themselves in the form of Post Traumatic Distress Disorder, and a hate for firearms.

Starshadow (Starshadow):

Trained for assassination, technological understanding, and combat, Starshadow was a deadly force for Cybertron (despite a mixed Predacon and Maximal heritage, her skills were presumably used for the Predacon cause).

Her parents were executed while she, her sister and they were on a protoform X-related mission (the nature of which I have no further knowledge of). Her parents ended up being executed (which almost certainly means the mission failed), and she and her sister were thrown into a cell with X himself (given canonical history, this would have to have been in the time that Depth Charge was deliberating with Maximal Elders after X's capture, unless protoform X was actually developed in a cruel enough facility to be placed into a cell during his development- the same cell where assassins would also be placed. Either way...).

It has not been specified how they escape, but 4 years later, the Cybertronian Police were sent after the sisters to re-acquire them. By this point, everybody else in their family had been killed in one mission or another.

The chase culminated in a space-bound chase, and Starshadow took the brunt of the attack to divert forces from her sister. Against such hopeless odds, her ship was damaged, so she went into a stasis pod and set the ship to self-destruct.

Our historians are still piecing how she precisely arrived in the time frame of the Beast Wars, but it was likely due to a wave not unlike the one Angel encounters.

Starshadow is conflicted because of her Maximal heritage, but for the most part fights for the Predacon cause in the Beast Wars. Starshadow the player intends for her to change to the Maximal side during "Optimal Situation."

Saber (Night Hunter):

Saber was a Maximal general on Cybertron, but was plagued by something that would have endangered her very life to admit. In an attempt to eradicate the problem she sought the aid of a Predacon scientist (Sonar), but was forced to pledge her loyalty to him in order to get his help. At this point she retired from her position as a general and joined the Axalon mission as a standing member.

Saber's main problem is a "rage" which robs her of any control over her actions and also induces a hulk-like physical transformation (though the change is quite likely less drastic).

Whether or not this rage is a result of Sonar's tampering or was the very thing Saber sought Sonar's assistance to remove is something I think I need Night Hunter to specify, although it seems logical that it was the latter of the two possibilities.

It may also be important to note that Saber harbors a dislike for the Maximal Elders.

Valkyrie (Venatrix):

Perhaps not as much a dark secret as a fact of her past (Only Primal know any details, and even then doesn't know the whole story, but still it doesn't seem quite so dark and guilt-inducing as it is mysterious), Valkyrie was the result of a specially designed robotic form created to house an ancient spark discovered by Maximal archeologists. The spark, and therefore, Valkyrie, was incredibly adept with processing information/problem-solving/general... thinking. Her body however will have sometimes have problems keeping up with her caclulations, and will not respond properly.

It is eventually planned for Valkyrie to become involved with Megatron and Tarantulas' Transmetal 2 experimentation. Her spark actually ends up mutating, along with her body, but she is destroyed in the process. However, the mutated spark will inhabit a new body which comes from the wreckage of her old one. This character will be Phoenix, and she will be a Predacon.

Venatrix (Venatrix):

Venatrix doesn't really have any hidden darkness. She has always been a Predacon. However, she did have experience working with Ravage on assassinations, and doing even some solo work. She was sent to inflitrate Megatron's group, but Dinobot found out her motives, and disarmed. Megatron gave her the choice to join their crew or die, and she chose to join the crew.

Given that this was to save her life, her loyalty is not, likely, very strong. Furthermore, she had joined to learn from Dinobot, and now that he has defected to the Maximals, her loyalty will probably be under additional. pressure.

She does hold to a code similar to Dinobot's (who she views as her mentor). This code, along with her lack of personal ties to Megatron, will likely be the main reasons that in "Code of Hero" she is intended to join forces with Dinobot, and from then on be with the Maximals.

Steelclaw (Blazemane):

Steelclaw will not defect to the Maximal side in the role play unless circumstances seem to dictate it necessary (not likely). But I figured I should bring him up because he does have a sort of darker past, or at least, unorthodox one.

Steelclaw was originally a Maximal government agent,but his missions gave him exposure to events going on on Cybertron, and he actually became sympathetic to the Predacons, seeing them as mistreated because of a preemptive fear of their similarity to the Decepticons of the past on the part of the Maximals.

Steelclaw defected, and worked with Megatron's crew to destabilize the Pax Cybertronia, joining the standing crew of the Darksyde. The only manifestation this past will have in the current time of the role play is the retaining of a Maximal personality, which makes him quite docile in comparison to the other Predacons.

These are the secrets I can think of that belong to characters that have been currently accepted. If I forgot any character with a dark past, or you want to correct anything or add more detail, go ahead and do so.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Dalgaroth

:D THank you so much Blazemane, that explains a lot! :D

Una, I think that's possible. The story certainly makes sense. n_n Although I do have a question for you and other peeps -

What makes a Predacon or Maximal and how can an OC be "half and half?" Like, how is that explained for the RP?

I think Preds are Preds and Meximals are Maximals, according to the show, the difference being in the fundamental programming of the indiviual. I do see some differences in personality between the two sides, but while the show characters opine that 'Preds are bad' there is a lot of evidence, either in the background or through actions, that neither is bad or good. So, overall, what makes a char half and half? :o
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

What makes a char half and a half?
Well...Take Starshadow as an example. Her father is a Pred and her mother is a Maximal.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

What makes a Predacon or Maximal and how can an OC be "half and half?" Like, how is that explained for the RP?
^Just like Starshadow said. My character had a Maximal mother and Predacon father.

Another reason for my character is, when she is fighting, she is aggressive and no holds-bar in battlefields so she acts like a Pred when fighting. When she is not fighting, she's more calm and giddy (why am I using this word? :lol: )

Thats my reason.
Dalgaroth

._.

Oh. Well then...define "mother" and "father"? n_n'

My apologies - I simply have a different definition of what makes a "mother" and "father" and how TFs come to be apparently, so I'm trying to understand. n_n'

Also, (sorry, again!) why would a bot make a new TF with mixed programming? The spark itself is not what makes a Pred or Maximal. It's the programming. And even then the programming makes a slight, if noticeable difference. Rhinox, for example, is just as aggressive as any Predacon, but he smells the flowers outside of battle. o-o He's not half Pred, he's all Maximal.

Just to get across where I'm coming from: from what I see in the show, I think what makes a Pred a Pred is an innate suspicion of others and a kind of hardwired survival streak that prevents them from forming friendships easily. It's like they're all created to be solitary creatures with little need for relationships. It's like they're the "wild" breed of TF. Maximals on the other hand, seem to have this innate openness, a kind of curiosity that allows them to question the world around them and make themselves vulnerable voluntarily to others, society's norms, morals, etc. They seem to be the more "domestic" of the TFs. This difference can be seen in Rhinox. On his own, he's aggressive when he needs to be, open and caring at other times, highly intelligent and has strong moral standing. However, when he was converted to Pred, he was power-hungry, sadistic, super intelligent without morals to hold him back and emotionally cold. The two Rhinox's had similarities, but their programming was very different - Rhinox was able to make himself 'vulnerable' to the world around him to understand it, Evil Rhinox saw the world around him and attempted to change it to suit himself in a rather selfish desire to not only control it, but also protect his own status within it.

So that's where I'm going with this, where I'm coming from. And trying to understand what yall are sayin'. n_n Dun kill meh! D:
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

I see what you are saying, Dal.

I'm just going with a very nutured concept. She is programmed to be a Maximal. But after she killed the person she viewed as a father, she feels like she has those immoral innovations. So, she labels herself as being half but mostly, she is Maximal.
Last edited by una on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I know what you mean.

Actually, I do believe Predacons have a more innate inclination to immoral deeds.

In the show, Megatron's band of Predacons are clearly written as the bad guys. Their actions are meant to be perceived as evil. Cybertron's state of affairs is, however, somewhat ambiguous. Common sense would dictate that if a peace had been established, perhaps there never was supposed to be a difference between Predacons and Maximals. And indeed, if this is so, then the Maximal "opression" (not quoted to say it does not exist, but to emphasize the ambiguity of it's definition in the show) of the Predacons actually had given Megatron's crew a righteous cause to rebel.

But again, the show is written to portray Megatron's crew as decidedly evil. And there actually are many times in the show where it is revealed that the Predacons on Cybertron at least share some of those tendencies. Megatron says the Predacon side had been waiting to strike. Later comments from the Tripredacus council would indicate that this is accurate, and that Megatron merely jumped the gun. Dinobot says in the "Law of the Jungle" that Tigatron does not understand the Predacons- that they live "for the glory of conquest", and that if Megatron succeeds on Earth, he will start a war.

Note, he will not take over Cybertron single-handedly (that wasn't the plan, but apparently... *cough*Beast Machines*cough*), but intends to initiate a war- indicating again that the Predacons on Cybertron want one. Primal tells Rattrap in the first episode the exact same fact- Megatron would start another Great War.

Many other generalizations about Predacon-kind are made in the show- they "live to command", they are "3 gigs of attitude on a 2 gig hard-drive", the only thing worse than them is a Decepticon, etc.

This would all indicate that Predacons on Cybertron, too, are battle-hungry, and wish to conquer, or perhaps, righteously revolt. Unfortunately, the audience is never explicitly told what Cybertronian politics look like. We are not shown precisely if Maximal are actually oppressors, or if the Predacons just wish to rule like their ancestors.

I suppose then, it is all up to debate. For my part, I observe the writer's intention of Megatron's crew as evil, and in combination with the references to Cybertronian Predacons (often made by Dinobot himself) extrapolate that for the most part, Predacons are wrongfully indignant, and probably programmed with some bad ideals.

That seems treacherous to say, since Predacons are sentients after all, and sentients are generally understood to have free will- why should they have to be pre-disposed to bad inclinations. And how'd they live with the Maximals for 300 years of peace anyways?

And yet, if they were not programmed with antagonistic inclinations, then that would likely be reflected in the thoughts and attitudes of both the Predacon and Maximal crews in the show. And going back to Dark Designs, Rhinox, the humble and good Maximal gets reprogrammed, and in the blink of an eye, his ethics are compromised.

And even then, we see from the likes of Blackarachnia and Dinobot that programming pre-dispositions will only influence a Predacon's free will. Those two managed to join sides with the Maximals and engage in selfless, noble actions.

So I do believe that Predacons are programmed with more immoral inclinations. Whether Cybertronians are born and grow, or are constructed and are at that moment as mature as they will ever be, I think the programming comes into effect immediately.

Specifically to clarify for my character Steelclaw, he was a Maximal, but he became of the opinion that Predacons truly were mistreated- that essentially they did pose no threat to peace and were not like the Decepticons of old. Therefore, he decided to help them claim equality. He maintains his Maximal programming but fights for the Predacon side. His opinions are actually the direct opposite of mine, but that's why I wrote him that way. Let his actions speak for him. He helped steal the Golden Disk with Megatron's crew, is going to try starting a Civil War on Cybertron with Megatron's crew, etc, etc. These are all immoral actions if we perceive the actions of Megatron's crew in the show to be truly immoral. And if they are moral, then Steelclaw is actually being righteous.

But you know my opinion.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Dalgaroth

lol okay Una. :)

o-o Thanks Blazemane! That was quite the interesting read! 8D And I have to say, I somewhat agree with you. I think where I differ is that I don't think they're programmed with immorality, but that they are programmed with either different morals or no morals. Like you said, BA and Dinobot were able to do moral things and joined the MAximals and all that. Yay! So I don't think it's immorality, I think it's a difference in .... how they realize their identity, I suppose. I have this concept, I jsut don't know what to call it. Can't put my finger on it.

For example, Black Arachnia was an awesome character and had a real EDGE to her. She looked after herself in the best ways she knew how and her first loyalty was to herself and her survival. But then she was turned MAximal and I was sad. This was because she LOST HER EDGE! GAH! DX Suddenly, while her general personality was the same and her 'identity' was intact, her Looking Out for Number One streak was vanished and she was nowhere near as effectively bad as she was the whole show. -_- The Maximals treated Predaconism like it was a disease she was choosing to live with. 9_9 That annoyed me greatly.

I srsly do not think being a Predacon makes one bad, I think it makes one different. Technically, they're descended from Cons, so it stands to reason that they have Decepticon-like programming. Then, looking at the Decepticons we see Cons with severe paranoia, criminal records, rage issues, sadist tendencies, masochistic tendencies, trauma, OCDness, the need to challenge everyone and everything to better themselves to a psychopathic degree o-o!, insecurity issues, neurosis, strong fatalist viewpoints on life, extreme pessimism, manic lust for power, lots of other issues and things. And not-bad things too! Look at the Autobots - while some Autobots were known to have some issues, none were like the Decepticons. Many of those traits are out of a person's control. :/ They were either built that way or have glitches or they were sparked that way, I don't think they're like that on purpose. Which means what? They're not evil. -_-''''''''''''''''''''''''' Sure, a Decepticon is bad news. Worse than a PRed because of size and attitude born from years of war or something out of their control or whatever. But I don't think they're EVIL. The moment that comes to mind is this - the episode Decepticons in King Arthur's Court or whatever, Starscream needed materials to make gun powder. He sent Rumble to get materials and when Rumble came back, Ramjet greeted him and said 'Hey, little buddy!' or "come on little buddy" or something similar and my jaw dropped. Decepticons call each other "little buddy?" are you serious? I'm sorry, but that's not evil to me. -_-'''' Then again, the Coneheads seem to be more concerned about each other and their comrades than other Cons, going just from a couple examples.... But then Rumble, while VICIOUS and totally kick aft in battle, is generally laid back ,easy to get along with, likes a good fight, does his job, cracks a few jokes, and even hangs out with Megatron who doesn't even seem to mind the occasional 'disrespectful' comment. -_o'

...what on earth am i saying...I feel like I'm rambling.

So yes, I don't think Preds are bad or immoral, I think they're just...different. :D And possibly oppressed. D: etc.

As for how new bots come to be.... There's like no canon for that, save TF:A but that wasn't exactly explained. -_-' Especially where sparks come from. 9_9 But in BW it seems there are a few things to remember:

1) Set after the Great War, it's possible some human words, customs, culture made their way into TF society.

I really don't think such culture and customs and biology come into TF Society to any super extreme extent, though - like I can't believe a femme gives 'birth' to a baby machine. I don't believe in sparklings unless it's a choice by the 'parent' to have a child-like being. Even then, it sounds more Maximal than Predacon to make such a choice. And I don't think femmes are the only ones capable of growing sparks, if you go with the spark-fetus theory. They're machines... >_> Their physiology is not the same as humans and even if they were influenced by human ideals and perceptions of beauty or other stuff, I really don't think they'd compromise their roboticness for something less efficient. o_O And if they do...again, it sounds more Maximal than Pred to make a choice to be more human-like. lol

2) There might be something like the Allspark or Vector Sigma maybe, but it was never mentioned.

3) Sparks go "online"....and the universe celebrates! :D

4) There is a concept of an afterlife in BW and Primus was mentioned.

5) With protoform technology, I think it's possible for a spark to simply come online in an adult body and with an adult personality. Silverbolt, for example, and Quickstrike, seem to have lost their previous IDs and had their programming mixed up. And yet, they didn't revert to child-like states, they were adult-like beings. This might point to sparks having 'newborn' to 'mature' states, but then their growth and creation is never explained. -_- Also, Rampage was apparently 'created' and, it seems' he was created 'from scratch', since no indication was given that he was a criminal or something before he was 'made.' (Something they easily could have mentioned in the show if that was true.) He is rather adult in personality, if naive at times in the show (So cute! :'D ) and he doesn't seem to have any morality put into him. I don't see how he could, if they are learned, considering his origins, anyway. -_- But, back to programming, he's not moral, and technically, he's likely either "Maximal" or "neither".

6).... something else I forgot.

7) Tarantulas claims to be Black Arachnia's "Creator", but he doesn't seem to be mean it in a Spark sense. He seems to mean it in that he programmed her and made her like him and gave her a spider alt mode, essentially creating her current ID, rather than her spark.

So, going from those things and other stuff I forgot, sparks and bodies and how they all come to be is up for debate, but imo, they do not reproduce like humans and, therefore, do not acquire half and half traits directly fro mthe parents AND a bot is either Predacon or Maximal. Nothing in the show indicated a 'neither' being, besides maybe Rampage. They're built how the 'parent' or 'parents' want them to be built or made-from-a-protoform; said 'parents' possibly being termed "Creators", if Tarry's words are to be taken seriously. Cheetor's advancement throughout the series seems to suggest growth through frame changes and there might be something like "cyber-puberty", but again, it wasn't explained and seemed to have come about in the form of mental growth that happened alongside Cheetor's incidental upgrades.

^---- all that = my opinion = not starting a fight or huge debate, I just wanna get my view out there so you know what's going on in my brain and my reasoning there. I am perfectly capable and willing to compromise on my end for the sake of the RP, I have done so several times before, so I'm not lashign out and telling you all 'what's what', I'm jsut sharing my view as I'd like to know yall's. :3

ALSO: Uh, as far as MY plans go - I plan on keeping Terrorsaur alive. There's a possibility that I'll have him fall into the lava and then come back at a later time though. I haven't decided yet. If I do that, he'll either come back when Tigerhawk (IF Tigerhawk arrives/exists.) shows up oooor sooner during some other event. :D Megatron will be Megatron. And, yes, Una, Megatron can recognize Angel. :D And okay, Blazemane, I understand Steelclaw better now! :33