Continuity?

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

LOL!!!! XDD

I love that pic. :'D

But disregarding that comic also means BA doesn't get...switched or whatever that was. -_-

lol yeah those Tigerhawks have short lifespans... >_>

The bonding thing is not about controlling Rampage, although DC might attempt such a thing, and it's not like Combiner teams - i mean that thing fans came up with that's like Marriage but it's not religious and it involves having your soul shared with another person. Except in this case, one of them would NEVER want it to happen, the other probably has no idea what it IS, and neither ever expected that the energon crytal would do that. And in my story, it wouldn't have, exept that since Rampage's spark is immortal, when the xcrystal "attempted" to disperse his spark's energies, which would kill a mortal spark, it was instead channeled right into DC's spark, sicne DC was standing right over Rampage. :/

:sigh: I guess I'll drop the bomb again and say: Yes, eveeeeennnnttuallllllyyyy it'll be a romance, but there's a lot of serious stuff that happens in between since I do my absolute BEST to preserve the canon characters' personalities and stuff. DX AKA, it's probably the most difficult romances ou could ever write in BW and I went and included it. :/ And the story by no means focuses only on them and there's no way they're just going to drop everything and go" OMG I WAS WRONG ALL MY LIFE AND BLAH I HEART YOU!". :/

I wrote a lot about the stuff in between over here if ya wanna look: viewtopic.php?t=2448

lol I don't want to defend my position in two threads now. xD

But basically, the story's supposed to be a conglomeration of several ideas I had knocking around in my head for a long time. It just so happens I decided to include the "they get bonded" thing at the last minute since I really could NOT see ANY other time it would even have the slightest likeliness that that would EVER happen unless there was a fourth season of Beast Wars that resolved their conflict in such a way that fangirls would go trippy over the pairing without having to wade through the I HATE YOU stuff. :/ But there isn't a 4th season, that would have been fanon anyway, and the only resolution was a vague explosion. n_n So, I'll run with that. :3 It also acts as a great way to experiment with Sparks and their nature and gives me some help in trying to find a way to resolve DC and Page's conflict without killing each other.

EDIT: The Romance part, I forgot to mention, might not ever happen in my fic at all. Even glimpsing into the future, in my head, where they do get along, DC is still having a hard time forgiving him and it seems he never will. Page will never be willing to accept Morality, and might not ever be able to understand it. And DC would not want to be associated with an ExMurderer who will never be able to fully understand what murder is and why it's a bad thing. :/ So....serious roadblocks there...
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Wayward

Unread post by Wayward »

Isn't every fanfic ever an AU? You can stick as tight to canon as you want, but it still didn't happen. ;) ( I know, I know, you can weasel things between episodes so, given continuity, it could have happened off-screen. It still didn't. )

I'm fine with AUs so long as it's explained where things branched off. If the premise is, say, 'Tigatron and Airazor weren't kidnapped by the Vok' and things change from there, fine. And if it's a change that big, I don't want the story to be exactly like the show, just with added characters. However, if I'm reading something and Silverbolt is chatting to Airazor without so much as a 'Oh, yeah, Tigatron and Airazor weren't kidnapped by the Vok' note, that's going to throw me off.

And I'm fine with supplemental out-of-show material. Does it have to be used? Nope. Is it still canon? Yep. Does it help if there's a 'this was from the Universe comic' ( or wherever ) note? Also yep.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Dalgaroth wrote:LOL!!!! XDD

I love that pic. :'D

But disregarding that comic also means BA doesn't get...switched or whatever that was. -_-
I think that doesn't happen for quite a while (not sure), so no matter what time frame you write your story in you'll be fine.

Dalgaroth wrote:The bonding thing is not about controlling Rampage, although DC might attempt such a thing, and it's not like Combiner teams - i mean that thing fans came up with that's like Marriage but it's not religious and it involves having your soul shared with another person. Except in this case, one of them would NEVER want it to happen, the other probably has no idea what it IS, and neither ever expected that the energon crytal would do that. And in my story, it wouldn't have, exept that since Rampage's spark is immortal, when the xcrystal "attempted" to disperse his spark's energies, which would kill a mortal spark, it was instead channeled right into DC's spark, sicne DC was standing right over Rampage. :/
Don't answer this if it's a spoiler, but if one of them died, would the other follow suite?
Dalgaroth wrote:So....serious roadblocks there...
Eh, if you let your imagination run wild I'm sure you'll smash those roadblocks lol.
Wayward wrote:Isn't every fanfic ever an AU? You can stick as tight to canon as you want, but it still didn't happen. Wink ( I know, I know, you can weasel things between episodes so, given continuity, it could have happened off-screen. It still didn't. )

I'm fine with AUs so long as it's explained where things branched off. If the premise is, say, 'Tigatron and Airazor weren't kidnapped by the Vok' and things change from there, fine. And if it's a change that big, I don't want the story to be exactly like the show, just with added characters. However, if I'm reading something and Silverbolt is chatting to Airazor without so much as a 'Oh, yeah, Tigatron and Airazor weren't kidnapped by the Vok' note, that's going to throw me off.

And I'm fine with supplemental out-of-show material. Does it have to be used? Nope. Is it still canon? Yep. Does it help if there's a 'this was from the Universe comic' ( or wherever ) note? Also yep.
I think the canon lovers were just saying that they don't want to do anything that contradicts the actual events on screen. Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything said.
Wayward

Unread post by Wayward »

I think the canon lovers were just saying that they don't want to do anything that contradicts the actual events on screen.
Enh, the only thing I won't forgive is contradictory characterisation. Tigatron and Airazor not kidnapped ( to keep using that example ) hooray and fine. Tigatron suddenly deciding that he doesn't like Earth and is fine with burning it down to stop the Predacons, not good.

Though I do prefer when people remember that the term 'Vok' wasn't known until Other Victories or that Scorponok exists and other such things. ;)
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

Yeah, I think I'll be fine with my story. >_> Just sayin' though - it's based on the cartoon, not the other stuff.

(Hi there, Wayward! :D)

lol that is true. Fanfics are all AU, even to a small degree. :'D And I agree - sometimes I start reading a story that seems to havea good idea i nthe ummary, but when I start reading, there's absolutely no explanation for why this or that character is where or when the fic takes place and continuity errors left and right... And stuff. o_O
Don't answer this if it's a spoiler, but if one of them died, would the other follow suite?
Mmm...nope, no spoiler. In the story, neither of them die, so the true answer to that might not ever be discovered. However, I will theorize that if someone out there actually managed to completely obliterate one of them, no, the other would not die, because of the healing factor. The mental state of the one left alive, though, is unknown. :/ It would depend. It could be hypothesized that whether or not the one left alive mourns the other's death they might be miserable anyways because his spark is half 'not' his and half his and it's all torn apart and imbalanced, healing factor or no. :/ More explanation on that may come when DC attempts to get Tarantulas to sever the bond.

Note: I have not yet decided if I'm going to make Rampage's spark truly immortal or not. Both options present good conflict for later in the fic. :D

Note 2: I could change my mind on any of this at any time. 8D

Note 3: I could be lying. :3 :waves hands mysteriously:
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image