NonRP Thread - The Latest News for Newbs

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Dalgaroth

NonRP Thread - The Latest News for Newbs

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

Not sure if I should/could make a new Topic in this forum, but here I go:

Hello All!

I have some questions regarding the RPs whose answers I either couldn't find or just didn't know where to look to find them. Or the threads haven't been updated in a couple months. n_n

A) What RPs are there, what's happening in them, what's happening in them lately, and how do I join? o_O(canons)

B) What's the latest news on who holds/RPs what canon?

C) Have the RPs stopped? ._. If they have, how do we jumpstart them again?

D) ....I know I had a couple more questions, but I forgot them. xD

I wanted to post these before I go to class so, hopefully, when I come back, there'll be answers. xD I also do not mean to butt into the RPs or step on anyone's toes asking my questions, I'd just really like to know, especially the first question since I auditioned and got Terry and MEgs and now I dunno what to do with them, lol. Reading Beast Wars II Topic, I think I get it, but then how do I join? Ya see? :/

So, yeah. Just askin'! :D
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

1.) Currently, there are three Role plays.

A.) The character lounge, which is informal, doesn't follow a specific plot, and is just a chance to test character's out.

B.) The show re-enacted, which is currently in Beast Wars Part II. It follows the script pretty closely, but may become more loose, and either way, the integration of original characters make it's more interesting than simply re-writing the script online.

C.) O.C. Episode #1, which is actually an in season (coordinating with the show re-enactment role play) introduction of the adventures of many Maximals and Predacons who wake up on Earth but have yet to meet up with the Darksyde of Axalon. Unfortunately, (for your tastes), this involves no Cannon characters, unless there's a tie in at the end like "Hey Boss Monkey- who da heck are they?", that sort of thing. But if you wanted to join with an original character, I think Alak said that anyone can join at any point, so... free admission.

As for joining as a cannon, you already took a step by auditioning for multiple characters, so I suppose it's a matter of hearing back from Optimal Optimus Primal, and perhaps whoever is playing the characters right now. Of course, they are meant to be played temporarily (those which are listed in the "Characters for Sale" thread).

2.) Looks like I kinda' answered that, but maybe not to the fullest extent. Essentially, there are some roles which have been filled since the original roster Tor, for example, is still playing Waspinator, and will continue doing so for as long as she is willing and able. But some people auditioned, got the parts, but then became understandably busy (such as Jagna and Razor One), and in so doing left their parts open (these are the ones in the Characters for Sale thread). As far as I can tell, anything in the characters for sale thread is up for grabs, given approval by Optimal Optimus Primal of course, and general consensus by everyone else (which shouldn't be that hard to come by).

3.) Hmm... I don't what happened to Beast wars Part II specifically, but the first episode saw far bigger pauses than the 4 day one than the second episode is (which is a large reason why characters are up for grabs. We want their roles fulfilled so the role play can proceed smoothly). I'm sure it'll be back on it's feet. I believe O.C. episode #1 is still going, and the character lounge might be kinda' sluggish. But you can certainly join it if you want. After all, new participation probably would be a good way to kickstart that.

As for Terrorsaur and Megatron, maybe you could pm Optimal Optimus Primal directly and work out all the details about if you have the parts, if you can start using them, etc.
Last edited by Blazemane on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Thank you, Blazemane, for answering Dal's questions! I'm so sorry I've been so busy lately. :x
As for joining as a cannon, you already took a step by auditioning for multiple characters, so I suppose it's a matter of hearing back from Optimal Optimus Primal, and perhaps whoever is playing the characters right now.
And I will get you an answer for that soon, Dal! And una as well. I'm waiting for an additional opinion, but if I don't get that within the next day, then I will PM both you and una about my decision. ^_^
As far as I can tell, anything in the characters for sale thread is up for grabs, given approval by Optimal Optimus Primal of course, and general consensus by everyone else (which shouldn't be that hard to come by).
That is correct. And once the characters have acquired new owners and won't be played temporarily anymore, they will be deleted from the list and will officially belong to their new owners until either the game dies or the owners can't play them anymore for whatever reasons.
I don't what happened to Beast wars Part II specifically, but the first episode saw far bigger pauses than the 4 day one than the second episode is. I'm sure it'll be back on it's feet.
*raises my hand* I take the blame for that. :oops: I haven't had time to review the episode lately and figure out how to approach the next step in the game, but I'll start working on it right now so people start posting again. :D And by tomorrow evening (EST), I'll have my decisions and Dal and una should be able to jump in and catch up with the Preds (it's rather obvious what my answers will be, no? :lol: ).
"Well, that's just prime!"
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

oooh i see!

Thank you both so much! :)

Okay, OOP! :D
(lol, I dun like to make assumptions but my hopes are high! :D )
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image