Fresh out of the Stasis Pod...

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Dalgaroth

Fresh out of the Stasis Pod...

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

Hi there! :D

I'm Dal and while I've been a frequent visitor and Fan of BWInt I ...well, I never joined, simply because I had nothing to contribute to the Community. D: But now I do. :3

I have a wild enthusiasm for Beast Wars that's been bottled up for a few years now, since I rediscovered it. :/ I've met many friends on FFN and exercised my RPing and Canon-channeling skills and all, but only in a G1/Movieverse mix RP. I love it and I have faves in G1 and Movieverse, but I've never really been able to just do Beast Wars. I'm always up for a good RP, but some RPs for Beast Wars I've come across so far have touched on Mary Sueness I don't feel comfortable RPing with. o_O I love playing/writing Canons and I do my best to preserve their ICness! :D I call it CChPA, Canon Character Preservation Agency. xD I have an ongoing story I'm kinda stuck on and haven't updated in a few months. xD It's still knocking around my head, waiting to get out but this chapter! AGHH!

I also have other ideas - I'd like to write my own version of the Traditional Self Insert for BW but every time I start I get stuck. 9_9 I WILL do it though, because it'd be so fun. xD I'd also like to try a shot at rewriting Beast Machines in a Fansense. Lots of stuff the same, but a new spin, less meditating, more sensible action, more Beast Warsish ...some characters coming back.... lol. Stuff like that. I think I'd like to write it in a way I'd like it more, erasing the things that made it a Bad Sequel. :/ I don't think I'd get it perfect, but I could try. :D I'd also need to finish my one fic before that one because they run alongside each other...heh. And a couple more.

Gosh I talk a lot. :/ Sorry.

One more thing:

WARNING!!!! ESSAY ALERT!!!:

Favorites! :D

Now, before I list mah faves, I'd like to say that I'm a huge fan of every character in the show! They're all so awesome!! But My Favorites would be those with traits that are NOT like me or desirable or admirable in some way that I couldn't imitate or traits I could never have or express because they're dark and I'd never do that or whatever. I appreciate those traits that are different from me, but also ring with something in my heart. Optimus Primal? I love that guy!!! :'D My fave Prime incarnation ever for multiple reasons, but those qualities are those I think I might have to some degree and that I'd strive to express and maintain if I was in a similar position as him. But it's because I think I could do what he does (to some degree!! I think I'm more fit for a second or third position like G1 Soundwave than actual leader...) that he's not a fave as far as FAVORITES go, Favorites where I freak out when they're mentioned. :3 Like Soundwave...>_> hee!

Dunno if that made sense at all, but here we go and please excuse the Major Fangirlishness...:

DEPTH CHARGE - Thank you very much. :3 I saw a thread on here discussing attractiveness? :points to a certain blue bot: Right therrrr, yayuh. And his voice! gahhh...But not only that, he's just so cool! :D And his past and everything makes him such an interesting character. And not only THAT! But his relationship with Rampage really brings out what makes DC DC.

Rampage - I heart him. :3 IMO, he's cute. Not attractive cute, but puppy cute!!! Squee! :3 I strongly sympathize with him and I hate his horrible past! D: I realize how intelligent he is, but I really dun think it's entirely his fault he leveled Omicron. :/ Did anyone else pick up on the darker theme in the show about the Council and why the slag were they experimenting on a living thing anyway and what was Optimus doing there? o_O? etcetc. >_> And Lady Dimentia's fics cemented some theories pretty well into my head too. xDD Anyways, I love his character design, how he speaks, his voice, the possibilities for his character, his possessiveness, and blahblah other stuff. Srsly, I end up writing essays on this stuff if I don't stop. x_x

Terrorsaur! - He's a hard one to pin down. For a long time he wasn't quite a fave but he wasn't a nonfave either. But I'm pretty sure he's a fave even though I'm not gaga over him. I love his design and for some reason, until I saw the show again, I always thought he was tall and slender, but in the show he could arguably be more buff than I thought. Not that that's bad, but I love the slender flyer look on him best. :3 He's also Starscream-esque, and G1 SS grew on me 9_9, but he also has this underlying theme in his character that tells me he isn't ... broken, like Starscream is. ): I love SS, but he's got serious issues. Terrorsaur is...kinda like Starscream without the brokenness in his CPU. Sure, Terrorsaur isn't genius but I think he's smart in his own right and given lots of time, I think he'd do well working in a team or environment where he was given a chance to grow. And it's that uniqueness and potential in him that makes me like him a lot. There's so much to do with him and explore, and he's so fun to write! xDD Oh yeah, and I speak in the present tense because I'm NOT convinced he died, thanks. :3

Tarantulas - Anyone else love the guy? I love him because he's so creepy and evil and sick and twisted and sometimes he's cloaked in such a grey fog on the whole Scale of Morality! Weird, eh? I consider myself a nice person, and I'd never do what Tarantulas does, on or the implied off screen stuff, but it's that he's so dark and creepy AND a genius, and probably one of the most unique characters I've ever seen in action, that makes me like him so much! I don't think he could EVER be "good" but I love to try to experiment to see how he'd do as a "good guy." You can always play "good guy" without being "good." Kyeehheehhehehhh...

... I think some of his Ness also might embody some kind of Dark Side in me, way deep down. :3 :evil grin: Love it! :D

and lastly, Dinobot - Wewt! My fave characters cycle a lot, but I was stuck on Dinobot for a looong time,(and I've been stuck on DC and Rampage for about a year now) to the point that my mom is STILL convinced I'll come home one day to introduce my fiance and she'll open the door to find herself looking at a golden boot-foot-thing. ( lol You know he first thing I said? xD "Mama, he's nowhere near tall enough you'd see his feet first. :/ " lol ) I try to tell her NOW she should be worried about a manta ray for a husband but hey... ANYWAYS, hes definitely a fave. Some people criticize his loyalty and sense of honor. Okay, Loyalty yes. But I consider him a loyal person because if he was given a clearer definition of sides, he'd probably choose one and stick with it. :/ Also, his questioning of loyalty itself somehow highlights that trait. As for Honor? Again, some people nitpick and say he isn't consistent, but I say "DUH." He develops throughout the whole show and he's constantly changing his Code and figuring out where he stands. So he's probably going to revise it several times, even if it wasn't addressed in the show. Overall, he's a powerful character. He looks strong physically and he's obviously smart and intelligent and stuff. Emotionally he was torn, which was the point of his character, but it didn't come off as a weakness. Duty bound and military-esque in style and archetype...well, I'm always fond of the Military type. :3 My dad was in the Army and I lived on base as I grew up and watched several life changing movies that highlighted the military in its structure and values and played games, etcetc. I'm fond of war movies and whatever. So, I find the Military Archetype in movies and games and stuff inspiring and admirable because they've always had a positive effect on my life and my values. I mean...go watch Independence Day, okay? -_- Yeah. lol

Um...so yeah, that's my Intro Essay for you all! xD

Hello! :3
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Well welcome to the board just to warn you it can get kind of weird some times but nothing to worry about. Hope you enjoy your time here.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Hi!
Dalgaroth

ooh! Hello to you guys too! :D And thank you for the welcome! :333

I'm thinkin' of auditioning for Canons over at the RP. I had no idea there was an RP here. xDDD I would have joined a lot sooner, lol!
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Hi Welcome to BWint. :D

We also RP going on here, and we have some canon character roles that need to be filled. But you find a role you want to play, you have to audition for it first.

So anyway, enjoy your say and watch out for the penguins, nuts, and flying waffles.
I demand cookies!
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

Hello.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Another Rampy fan! Woo hoo! Hey there, I'm Darkshadow. I'm the fellow Ramy, Tarantulas, Quickstrike and DC fan-girl/lover. Also a prankster. So watch out, heehee. :P

Glad to have ya here. Hope to talk to yah soon! 8)

*throws smoke bomb and vanishes* Mwahahaaa
Dalgaroth

lol hello there everyone! :D :D

Oooh, I'm writing up my auditions now actually. Im going in order for all of them since I can't choose and I'd rather others decide who I'd write better or if I'm any good at all. xD

WOOOT FELLOW PAGE FAN!! 8DDD

...fellow BEAST WARS fans. :'D :glomps all: lol I've been BW deprived for quite a while. 8D
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Hi and beware of the malicious bunnies who masked themselves as cute fluffy and cuddly ones :3
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Greetings, Dal!
Gosh I talk a lot. :/ Sorry.
:idea: !! I think that's great! I was wondering, though, since you enjoy writing so much, and since Terrorsaur is one of your favorites, AND since you are "CChPA" (love that), would you like to roleplay Terrorsaur in our BW RPG here? He needs an owner. ^_^
Optimus Primal? I love that guy!!!
Pfff. Come on. Who doesn't? :wink:
I'm thinkin' of auditioning for Canons over at the RP. I had no idea there was an RP here. xDDD I would have joined a lot sooner, lol!
I pity the foo'! Get your skidplate over there and audition before I get Tarantulas to drag you over in his cyber webbing, or whatever it's called. :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Dalgaroth

lol!

Greetings to you too!! :D

Oh no, dun do it! DX I did! I did! xDD I auditioned for Megs first though, but ooohh, Imma go out of order and try Terrorsaur next!! Woot! lol I was itching to get to him anyways. :3 Good idea! :D
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh no, dun do it!
Oh, I'll do it! Actually, I'll get Dinobot to do it since he and Tarantulas are such a good friends. :lol:
I auditioned for Megs first though
Yes, I just read it, Dal! And it was great! You are exactly who need to be playing him! I can't wait to see Terry's audition. :D
Dalgaroth

WOOT! :D Yay!!

I'm writing the Terrorsaur audition right now. I'm afraid the whole first part is Optimus though, and then some OP bashing! D: Oh dear, what am I writing!? T_T But dun worry! He'll be okay! :D

i.e. I'm trying a battle scene this time around. xD
Dalgaroth

Woot! Alrighty! I posted it! :33
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Love it, Dal! Very well written! You can still audition for any of the others that are up for grabs, but just know that you can only keep two of them to play. Personally, I'm rather satisified with both Megatron and Terrorsaur, but I'll leave it up to you if you'd like to play someone else instead. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you decided to officially join this board now and show such enthusiasm for the RPG. :D