Optimus Primal vs. Dinobot

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Who would win in a melee-only rematch?

Optimus Primal
62%
Dinobot
38%

Total votes: 13

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Optimus Primal vs. Dinobot

Unread post by Alak »

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that their duel in the 1st/2nd episode was an awesome scene. The winner was left a bit unclear in the end (depending on the viewer's perspective, of course). So, here's a fun question: who would win in a rematch? Swords only, no cannons or eye lasers, and the environment is on a flat savanna so ring-outs aren't possible.

Keep in mind that there's no way to prove who'd really win, so this is just a fandom question lol.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

That would be an awesome battle. Both warriors wouldn't really give up easily...until probably one of them enters stasis lock. I think the battle would be a close call.

But if I had to choose, it would be Optimus Primal though barely because Dinobot is very brutal when he fights.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Well Dinobot was hanging over the edge, but I suppose if he wanted to win, really, REALLY badly he could use his eye laser and take Primal down with him.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Here's the scene of their fight to bring back memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHDx4ht-Wg

After they both use their swords (post-punch and post-laser), both fighters seem pretty evenly matched. I'd go with Primal to pull through at the last minute, but that's only because I like him better :D
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

That's a close fight, I'll go with Optimus.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Optimus, because Dinobot has a temper. If Primal dragged it out long enough, DB would get frustrated and could make a fatal mistake. Optimus is more patient, and would be more likely to wait for an opening while observing his opponent's moves.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Gah... though it pains me deeply, I believe Optimus would've won. For the reasons Nurann stated and the fact that Optimus has two swords instead of one. I feel like Optimus could block Dinobot's sword with one and end it with the other. Or just take advantage of Dinobot's glass jaw. :D
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

As much as I love Optimus dearly, Dinobot can improvise like a pro and just refuses to die until his spark is completely drained. Code of Hero Dinobot would ultimately beat Optimus (short of a plot related random factor).

Now if we're talking berzerker Primal... well, Dinobot would wet himself and fall apart on the spot :wink:
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Featherwing

Unread post by Featherwing »

as much as I love Dinobot, I still think that Optimus would have won. He is not only the hero of teh series and the leader, he is Megatrons counterpart. It is always 'OPTIMUS VS MEGATRON' so he will have to survive for the series.

But Dinobot is a true warrior, ready to kill, while Optimus would give him a second chance....
difficult choice
Every animal has a soul, only some humans have none.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Now if we're talking berzerker Primal... well, Dinobot would wet himself and fall apart on the spot
:lol: !!
Optimus, because Dinobot has a temper. If Primal dragged it out long enough, DB would get frustrated and could make a fatal mistake. Optimus is more patient, and would be more likely to wait for an opening while observing his opponent's moves.
Dinobot can improvise like a pro and just refuses to die until his spark is completely drained.
I agree with both Nurann's and Silver's replies. So I am being pulled in to two different directions. Perhaps neither is better than the other because they both have weaknesses and strengths that seem to null out the other's. *shrug*
"Well, that's just prime!"
Featherwing

SilverfromOZ wrote:As much as I love Optimus dearly, Dinobot can improvise like a pro and just refuses to die until his spark is completely drained. Code of Hero Dinobot would ultimately beat Optimus (short of a plot related random factor).

Now if we're talking berzerker Primal... well, Dinobot would wet himself and fall apart on the spot :wink:
I just realised that we both started our message theh same way :lol:
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

:D Nice one Featherwing. Well, you know the whole great minds thinking alike thing :wink:

I hadn't thought long enough about what Nurann said. From my own personal experience on the fencing pieste, if you encounter an opponent as aggressive as DB then the patient game really plays off. Sit for a few minutes just defending where neither opponent scores a hit then DB will go aggro and begin to make mistakes in desperation. As long as Optimus picked up one of those big metal shields and sat there for a little while, DB could potentially make a mistake and then comes the fist of doom, with the double barreled cannons attached :D

That being said, DB is quite tactical and savvy on the battlefield, so the probability of such a mistake is relatively low... however possible.

It would be very close whichever way you cut it :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Featherwing

I am glad that Dinobot and Optimus joined each other instead of fighting each other. It would have been sad to lose one of these wondeful bots at the beginning of the show....