Massive Cross-over idea.

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Dreamscreamer

Massive Cross-over idea.

Unread post by Dreamscreamer »

Ummm... okay I'm brand new here so I don't know if it's okay for me to talk about this sort of thing here or not, since it's not a Beast Wars exclusive idea. But... if this is against the rules... feel free to lock it, mods :D

Anyway, the main reason I'm doing a thread about this at all is merely to gain opinions and whatnot. If I do write it I probably won't post it here, but on fanfiction.net.

So yeah, here's the general idea:

A massive crossover, involving Star Trek the Original Series, Beast Wars, and either Generation 1 or Transformers Animated.

Basically, here's the idea: This is a total AU setting, as if the Beast Wars characters and--eh let's just say the TFA characters--co-exist, more or less, and are in a battle over Cybertron. That means that the Autobots and the Maximals co-exist and aide each other, although the Maximals are much smaller than the Autobots. And in the same way, the Decepticons and Predacons co-exist and aide each other.

Now, the Maximals and the Predacons were created as a new line, due to the Autobots and Decepticons coming into more frequent contact with planets that have organic life. So they wanted to create a line of robots that could take on a beast mode and blend in with whatever planet they happen to land on, so they wouldn't be noticed.

But they exist in a sector that is far, far away from any of the Federation planets, or the Klingon Empire or even the Romulan Star Empire, so none of these massive Empires/organizations know anything at all about the Cybertronians or their long war.

But the Cybertronians first come into contact with a colony way out on the outer fringes of the space that the humans know of and have explored. The Decepticons and Predacons devastate the planet in order to test their strength and durability. They leave no survivors, or so they think.

One young woman is still alive, but just barely, when the Maximals find her. But she has internal injuries and her right arm and right leg have been torn off. She's in shock, and only just barely alive. But, having some experience with organics and how they are, ah, built or whatever, a Maximal medic decides to see what he can do for her. So he ends up giving her a Cybertronian arm, a Cybertronian leg, and patching up some of her insides with some circuitry and robotic organics that operate as good subsitutes for what was damaged beyond repair. Plus the medic replaces her damaged skin with robotic skin/armor.

It's touch and go for a while, but the girl eventually recovers and wakes up. It takes her a while to get her bearings and to come out of her daze, but when she does, she freaks when she realizes that she's been made into half-machine, and it will be a long road of adjustment for her.

The Maximals are ready to make her an honorary Maximal if that's what she wants, but... she's still trying to get over the shock and whatnot before she can even think about that sort of thing.

Eventually, word of the destroyed colony gets back to Starfleet. Kirk and the Enterprise get sent out there to investigate, although by the time they get there, there's no one left there. The Predacons and Decepticons are long gone, and the Maximals have taken their new human friend and left for a more secure area themselves.

However, somehow or other, the Enterprise will eventually met the girl and her Maximal companions. And it will be discovered that the girl is, in fact, Spock's cousin from his mother's side of the family. (For those who don't know, Spock is half human.) So I figure that... maybe he could help her adjust somehow, since he knows what it's like to be half alien, so to speak.

That's about all I've got, except to say that, well, this will probably end up dragging Starfleet into involvement in the big war between the Decepticons/Predacons and Maximals/Autobots, whether they like it or not.

Okies, again I really hope this doesn't go against the rules or anything, me posting a plot bunny that deals with a crossover. But I figured I'd do it and hope it's okay. :D
Life is like a novel. You don't know how it will end, or how long it will be.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I don't believe it's against the rules.

This sounds really interesting. I wonder if some Maximals are actually small enough to be beamed aboard a ship.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Dreamscreamer

Blazemane wrote:I don't believe it's against the rules.

This sounds really interesting. I wonder if some Maximals are actually small enough to be beamed aboard a ship.
Thanks :) I actually had it in mind that maybe the girl (I haven't come up with a name for her yet) and some of her Maximal companions go aboard the Enterprise.

I'm not sure how big Maximals are in comparison to humans, but... I guess I was picturing them maybe about the size of Saint Bernards, although maybe some of the slimmer ones could be a bit smaller.

I was also thinking that the half-Cybertronian girl could feel at least a bit more comfortable around the Maximals, because the Autobots are so HUGE and some of them--like Sentinel--probably have an "EW GROSS" attitude toward her, and the Maximals as well, perhaps.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Just letting you know that the console is indeed for getting feedback on fics in general, so you're cool. ;)

It's a very interesting idea. I don't know much about Star Trek, let alone anything before Voyager, but I'd love to see it when you start writing it.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Dreamscreamer

I'm glad you guys think it sounds interesting at least :D

Honestly, I know that if I do start working on this one, well... it's probably going to be complex. I mean, since there is not an existing Transformers series where Decepticons, Predacons, Autobots and Maximals exist all at the same time, I'm going to have to get creative here and twist things around quite a bit.

I think it might work best if maybe... it is set sometime after Season 3 of TFA ended, and a new line of bots has been made by the Autobots--the Maximals. And the Decepticons decided to try building their own line too, Predacons.

Only... if I do do this, I want Prowl to be alive. :lol: I'll just say he never died or something.
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

Go for it. I really like Star Trek a lot. I thought a Transformers/Star Wars cross over story was a great idea, but I don't like the Transformers/Star Wars toys sold at the store.
Dreamscreamer

Alrighty, if any of you guys are interested, I have begun writing the story XD

The prologue and first chapter are up. It's located here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5398181/1/M ... ts_the_Eye
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

While it's an interesting cross over idea... I'm not sure that Beast Wars would work with TFA, as Beast Warriors are descendants from the G1/TFA characters. Of almost a thousand or so years time difference, and from what we witnessed in Beast Wars, anything that happens to the TFA/G1 characters are inexorably linked (i.e something bad happens that normally shouldn't have in the time flow continuum can have undesired effects on the Beast Warriors, like them ceasing to exist)

Just putting that little bit of time line info out there.
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation