*Gulp* First Chapter of My Beast Wars Fanfiction

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Purrpalz

*Gulp* First Chapter of My Beast Wars Fanfiction

Unread post by Purrpalz »

Hey again. My long absence has been down to school, holidays and no internet. However, I have managed to find time to write fanfiction. So here's the first chapter of 'I may be a Sue, but I don't get my own way'

(274 years have passed in the Transformers universe G1/Beast Wars/Beast Machines continuity since the events on the SFX space station hospital)

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. The alarm clock rang loudly, but a metallic fist scoring a bull’s-eye on the snooze button quickly silenced it. However, it had rung long enough to be heard by unwanted audio sensors.
“ASTRA! Get your aft off your recharge berth NOW! YOU HAVE SCHOOL!” yelled a masculine sounding voice from downstairs. On her recharge berth, Astra Fire groaned in annoyance.

Astra Fire had changed dramatically since she bore witness to the Borg attack on the SFX hospital. Her leadership skills had developed and she was billed as a future second-in-command. But for every high point, a low point follows, as every silver lining has a cloud. As her leadership skills developed, she had gained a low tolerance for insubordination and zero tolerance for failure. She had also gained a short temper, which her friend Theta, who was studying to be a medic, had diagnosed as a form of schizophrenia, which had gotten worse over time. Astra had decided to accept her diagnosis as fact, as it was an explanation as good as any as to why she seemed to change allegiance automatically according to her mood.

Heaving herself off of her berth, she wandered over to her tabletop mirror and took a look at her reflection.
“All I have to do is get through this term at school, and then I’ll have finished and will never have to look at it again. Besides, French today. You like French. Oh, whom am I kidding? As much as I like French, not even that can inspire me to go to school. I only go because if I don’t, the rozzers will come and drag me there. I hate school.” Sighing, she flexed her doorwings and rolled her optics when they screeched in protest. She then quickly went through the rest of her pre-going to school routine, which consisted of remove helm, untangle fibre-optic cables, tie up fibre-optic cables into a bun and replacing helm. She then ran downstairs, grabbed a bottle of high-grade energon energy drink and left for school. The faster she got out of the house, the less chance she had to get into an argument with her father.

She was hoping that this day would not be filled with weirdness, like every other day had been. For some reason, she felt a need to sing every day, and it was always an Earth song, never a Cybertronian one. That in itself was not strange, as she preferred Earth music over its Cybertronian counterparts, but what was strange was that if it was a song with multiple singers, everyone around her joined in, and if it was a solo, they ignored her. Her singing was atrocious, so she didn’t understand why there was no reaction. ‘Is this my life or a Disney movie?’ had become something of a catchphrase for her. Unfortunately for her, her Mary Sue abilities were about to get her into trouble once again.

While normally careful crossing the road, something today made her ignore her sensibilities and step out onto the road without looking. And so, she didn’t see the low-flying Cybertronian seaplane until it nearly knocked her over. The noise of the plane’s propellers, however, alerted her, and she ducked down just in time. She stared at the road for a few nano-cycles, but her study of its surface was interrupted by a voice.
“Can I help you up?” asked the voice. Astra Fire’s head turned and looked at the bot. He was clearly a jet, judging by those wings. He had outstretched his hand in a gesture of help, which Astra gladly accepted and she was helped onto her feet. Now standing, Astra got a better look at her ‘Good Samaritan’. He was indeed a jet, a light cargo jet of some description. ‘7 Grade Issue, by the looks of it,’ noted Astra. She also noticed his insignia. ‘Maximal. Well I suppose that explains the friendliness.’ Thanking the bot, Astra continued on her way to school. Behind her, she could hear the cargo jet arguing with the seaplane.
“Primus take it Depthcharge! Has what happened on Omicron really affected you that much?”
“Shove it up your exhaust Primal! I don’t need your lectures!”
Then, there was the whirr of propellers as the seaplane transformed and became airborne again.

“Well, I guess my weirdness quota just filled up,” said as she continued. “K-4, play us a song.” The device built into her right wrist beeped and emitted a small, hand-sized hologram of a young girl.
“Oh no, you are not using that as an excuse, Astra!” the girl argued. “It was just a coincidence!”
“Please K-4; you can't argue that this was a coincidence. Besides, it's only this once...”
“You always say it's only this once, but it never is. Look, we're already at school. Just go to your lessons and forget about it.”

K-4 vanished back inside the hologram device, and Astra Fire sighed. There was just no arguing with some holograms. As she neared the entrance, she saw two bots standing away from the others.
“Theta! Mystery! I'm here!” she called as she approached them.
“Finally! We were getting worried!” called the taller of the two femmes, whose alt. mode
appeared to be the Cybertronian equivalent of a highland rescue helicopter (not exactly the most useful of alt. modes). The other femme, whose alt. mode was one of the generic
types of stealth jet that every bot in fan fiction seems to have, didn't even look up from the data pad she was studying.
“We were worried you wouldn't turn up!” the helicopter said, giving Astra a hug.
“To be honest,” replied Astra, with the expression of someone who was used to being hugged by someone taller than them, “I only bothered to turn up because I didn't want to face the disgrace of being dragged here by the police.”
“For once, can you come to school with the intention of actually learning something, instead of treating this privilege as an unpleasant chore.”
Both looked at the jet, who still hadn’t looked up from the data pad, instead preferring to increase her concentration on it. Astra struggled out of the hug, and strolled over.
“Mystery, my Maximal friend. Shouldn’t you know by now that I am a free spirit?”
“Indeed I do, but before you came here Redwing told us to tell you that he’ll gladly take you to the dance next week.”
“Well that’s pointless. I’m not even going.”
“I am,” said Theta, walking over to join them. “Techno asked me out yesterday!”
“Good for you!” chirped Astra, a hint of sarcasm and forced glee creeping into her voice.
Astra and Mystery inconspicuously met each other’s optics and exchanged knowing looks. Theta had been fangirling over Techno for ages, but had never had the courage to talk to him. Until Astra had given her a pep talk. Hopefully, now they were dating, she’d shut up about him. Then the bell rang, saving Astra and Mystery from listening to more of Theta’s fangirly gushes.

The rest of the day progressed smoothly until second break. Astra was walking to the school’s library when she felt someone slap their hand onto her shoulder. Next thing she knew, she had been slammed firmly into the wall. She looked at the bot responsible, and saw to her horror that it was Jericho, the biggest playboy in the school. Not very terrifying, you might think, but what was scaring Astra Fire was the leering expression on his face.
“Hey babe,” he said, moving closer to her, “How’d you like it if I, uh, revved your engine.”
“N-no thanks.” Astra stuttered. “You’re taken, and I, well, I’m not advertising for a guy right now.”
Astra flattened herself as far as she could to the wall, but Jericho moved closer.
“Don’t play chase, baby. I get annoyed when the girl turns me down.”
“This, this, this isn’t right. Wh-what will your girlfriend say?”
“Do I look like I care what she thinks? Oh, and by the way, you’re a Predacon, I’m a Maximal. That automatically makes it right.”
Jericho was now pressing against her, and Astra realised that she would have to take drastic action now. Especially as he was now trying to kiss her. Quickly, she somehow managed to free her leg and boot him in the face.
“GET AWAY FROM ME!” she screamed as she wriggled free and ran down the corridor, trying to get out of the more deserted corridors and back into the ones which were always full.

Astra met up with her friends after school and she told them what had happened.
“Tell the principal. He has to be reported.”
“Mystery, please. It won’t make any difference.”
“But Theta, he can’t escape justice.”
“You’re a Maximal too, Mystery. You should know that Maximals create their own brand of justice.”
“Theta’s right, Mys. We can’t tell anybody. They won’t do a demoned thing.”

Let me know what you think please.
http://dragcave.net/user/katrina99978

[url=http://www.unicreatures.com/personality.php][img]http://www.unicreatures.com
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

hmm...pretty interesting i should say
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

More down to earth than most stories around here. The system seems a bit too human to me, but I like that you're aiming to write about your average not-so-trigger-happy transformer lol.