"Beast Wars: Part II"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

"Beast Wars: Part II"

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: "Last time, on Beast Wars..." Kidding! :P For those of you playing Predacons, I PMed Wicked Woman to see if she'd be able to play Megatron. I know you guys would probably like to get moving and get some fun dialogue in there between your characters. If she can't, or doesn't get back to me in a timely manner, if anyone else is up to playing him temporarily, then please raise your hand. He's really kind of important. Or will be very shortly. :roll: Thanks! ))

(( OOC: Tor, I'm going to skip Dinobot's dialogue in the beginning of this episode because he's basically repeating what he said at the end of the first episode. Hope you don't mind. Everyone knows what's going on, anyway. ))

"I don't want to fight you!" Optimus Primal exclaimed. Looking down off of the rocky bridge was a bit nerve racking simply because his ability of flight was not an option thanks to the last battle. The gorilla glared back at Dinobot and hoped the Predacon was open for reason. But it seemed his chances were slim.

Meanwhile, Rattrap and Rhinox stood off behind their leader with the rest of the Maximals, anxiously watching to see what was going to happen. They knew their leader was damaged and couldn't fly to safety if he fell, so this battle may very well be an early ending for someone. Rhinox, however, had faith in Optimus's ability to fight the Predacon. He was resourceful and an opportunist. And he was determined not to let a Predacon take command of his crew.
Last edited by Optimal Optimus Primal on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

((OOC- If Wicked Woman cant play Megs, i'm willing and able to play him till i have to introduce Black Arachnia))

Venatrix couldn't help but grin as Starschadow her claws bared and her tail changed its basic form and become more menacing.
Her taunts where working much better then she first expected.
Now it was time to see how much the other black panther could take before snapping.
"You do realize, by revealing some of your weaponry, you given me the opportunity to figure out some of your combat abilities without actually observing you while using them, while you still have limitated knowledge of mine."

Venatrix threw Starshadow a mocking smile as she kept walking next to her.

--------------------------

Valkyrie cocked her head up when noticing the menacing lizard blocking their path towards their crashed ship.
Surely this creature knows better then to engage them in combat while he was just the one, and they where many.
It was probably trying to figure out a way to take them on he most effective way he could think of.
Then it spoke.
"Attention Maximals," Dinobot's voice was loud and full of growling hostility, "my name is Dinobot. I have left the Predacons," -his tone became tart- "to join your group... as leader." Dinobot finished with considerable relish, his eyes becoming slits of contempt as he paused, listening to the reactions of the Maximals.

Snorting to bring the group's attention back onto himself, he continued, "I hereby challenge you," the dinosaur struggled to remember the name of the commander, "Optimus Primal to a one-on-one. The winner," Dinobot gestured with his obsidian black claws to himself, "shall lead the Predacons, and the loser," -Dinobot looked pointedly at Optimus- "shall be destroyed."
This Predacon was doing what?
Even if he'd be able to defeat Optimus in this challange, what makes him think she or any of the other Maximals would let him assume command?
Even Optimus Primal and Rhinox couldn't take them all on at once, and she had a hard time imagining this Dinobot would be any better off in that situation then any other bot she met.
A Maximal doesn't take leadership. He or she is chosen.

She stayed silent, and observed the upcoming events with great interest.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:(( OOC: Tor, I'm going to skip Dinobot's dialogue in the beginning of this episode because he's basically repeating what he said at the end of the first episode. Hope you don't mind. Everyone knows what's going on, anyway. ))
(Whot? :P Kidding, I don't mind in the slightest.)
"I don't want to fight you!" Optimus Primal exclaimed..
This seemed to anger Dinobot more than any scoffing that came from the other Maximals. The lizard was raising himself up high so he towered over Optimus, growling and snorting more than normal. "You do not have a choice! Your command center is back there," Dinobot jerked his head keeping his slitted eyes on the Maximal commander, "and no one crosses this bridge until you face me." Eyes became slits and the sleek reptilian body lowered into a crouch, waiting for Optimus to accept the inevitable.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Saber growled quietly there was always a choice! Neither Optimus nor Dinobot had to fight.
But some times there is no choice you should know that. A voice deep in her mind said.
She ignored it and sank her claws into the ground to keep her from bolting toward Dinobot and either telling to back down or he would have to face her and unlike Optimus she wouldn't hold back. But this wasn't her group it was Optimus' group, she was just a retired general and he was leader.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Wicked Woman is going to fill in for Megs very shortly, so hang tight, Preds. And thank you, Venatrix, for offering to help with him.

By the way, everyone's doing a great job! Keep it up! :D ))
"You do not have a choice! Your command center is back there," "and no one crosses this bridge until you face me."
Optimus was not intimidated by height as he watched Dinobot stand tall. Perhaps power depending on its strength and the understanding behind it, but size was never an issue to him. What he did observe, however, was the limitations Dinobot had in his beast mode. If they were forced to transform into their beast forms after their little duel, assuming neither of them would fall off, then Primal could have the upper hand. Until then, though, he wasn't sure what the velociraptor could be capable of in robot mode.

"Don't we get a say in this?" Rhinox asked among the group.

"Let Chopper Face and the Boss Monkey duke it," Rattrap replied as he slapped Rhinox's front leg. "No fur off of my tail," he added very smuggly.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"Let Chopper Face and the Boss Monkey duke it," "No fur off of my tail,"
Saber heard Rattraps remark and snarled at him. "Optimus is our leader and you will show him respect, rodent. Or you'll be on the bussiness end of my fangs" She growled baring at her sharp teeth to show him she meant every word.
She felt some thing stir and she forced herself to calm down, but she couldn't help but be enraged at Rattraps smugness and lack of repect
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Valkyrie felt Saber tense up as Optimus went to face the former Predacon.
The cat's mind was almost fully set on what was to come, and tensed her grip on her back just enough to direct some of her rides attention on her, as she lowered her head slightly closer.
"I suggest you stay put. Optimus would be not to happy if he was forced to split his attention between fighting this foe, and trying to rescue you."
It was simple, and to the point.

Now her attention was pulled towards Rhinox and Rattrap.
"Don't we get a say in this?" Rhinox asked among the group.
"Like it or not, the former Predacon is in control at this moment. One wrong move , and he might consider something rash and endanger them both."
"Let Chopper Face and the Boss Monkey duke it," Rattrap replied as he slapped Rhinox's front leg. "No fur off of my tail," he added very smuggly.
"To be honest, Rattrap, i don't think you have fur on your tail regardless."
Saber heard Rattraps remark and snarled at him. "Optimus is our leader and you will show him respect, rodent. Or you'll be on the bussiness end of my fangs" She growled baring at her sharp teeth to show him she meant every word.
She felt some thing stir and she forced herself to calm down, but she couldn't help but be enraged at Rattraps smugness and lack of repect
Again Valkyrie felt the need to try and defuse the firework within Saber's mind.
"Focus on what's playing out on the bridge and your surroundings. It wouldn't come to a surprise to me if suddenly 1 or 2 other Predacons jump from their cover and start some more trouble."
She figured this out by doing a quick sweep on Predacon behavior pattern in the past, and recodnised the pattern of some recorded Predacon ambushes on Cybertron.
Last edited by Venatrix on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Cheetor couldn't believe what he had just heard Rattrap say. Did he really mean that if the Predacon won, he wouldn't feel anything over the death of their leader?

He might have been more angry at Rattrap... if his focus wasn't already fixed venomously on the raptor.

"No way!" he shouted, jumping forward to emphasize his words. His face displayed a reckless mix of indignation and ire. "Hey Scale-belly. How's about you try a piece of the bad kitty, huh?"

If Primal wasn't already on the bridge in front of him, he probably wouldn't have even bothered with talking...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

(OOC: Greetings, I shall be playing Megatron now...)

"Enough." Megatron regarded Starshadow and Venatrix. "Unless the two of you have repaired yourselves faster than the rest of us, I suggest you do not waste your energy."

Megatron was more than a little 'disappointed' with the result of their first encounter with the Maximals on this foreign planet. He had underestimated his enemy and the estimated time they had in robot mode before the energon fields disrupted their circuits. He would have to keep both aspects in mind in the future.
Blazemane wrote:"Megatron, should we go back to base for recuperation, or do you have something else in mind?"
"True," he pondered, "we may need repairs, some more than others... but as do the Maximals. I do believe we may win this fight sooner than anticipated... yeesss. Still, leaving our base unprotected is unwise in this case."

He turned his attention towards his Predacon troops, wanting to be sure they all heard him.

"Those who are unable to continue fighting, return to base immediatly! The rest of you shall come with me. The sooner we destroy the Maximals, the closer we shall be to conquering Cybertron. Now move."

(OOC: Longer than anticipated, but pretty good. That way some can recooperate whilst others can continue in the fight.

WW)
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Waspinator was first to jump on the oppurtunity to go back to base, assuming Megatron would let him. He felt that he had contributed more than enough for the day. He found the pesky dotted maximal and chicken-bot, fought with both, kept tabs on Starshadow for five cycles and almost had his thorax burned off.

"Ooh! Wazzpinator go, Wazzpinator go!" he chirped, buzzing eratic circles around Terrorsaur's head, antennae twitching.
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Megatron turned towards Waspinator. His face staying neutral.

"You are stable enough to continue on. Waspinator," he said flatly. "as are you, Terrorsaur." He didn't bother turning towards the red Predacon flyer.

He wasn't about to let either flyer alone in the base. He felt Waspinator's incompetence would hinder whatever systems their ship had left and he didn't trust Terrorsaur...

However...he didn't trust any of them.

"Tarantulas, would it be possible to repair any Predacon needing it on our journey... I'm recinding the withdraw offer."

(OOC: I know, random but thinking about it now, he probably would just allow Scorpinok to stay at the base, but he needs him to keep an optic out in case the Predacons tried something.

WW)
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

"My apologies Lord Megatron." Starshadow's spiked tail turned normal.
The panther was slowly getting used to be in her team.
"Thanks for the useful tip you gave me Vennie..." she said in a cold voice. Getting to know Venatrix was the a bad experience in her entire career. After battling Cybertron's police force in space was bad enough already for one day but Venatrix just added some fuel to her anger. Starshadow let out a low growl and walked beside Tarantulas.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Thank you, WW! You're doing great! ^_^ ))
"Optimus is our leader and you will show him respect, rodent. Or you'll be on the bussiness end of my fangs"
Rattrap peered around Rhinox to see Saber-Fang, only to say, "Hey! Was I talkin' to you, Fangs?"
"To be honest, Rattrap, i don't think you have fur on your tail regardless."
The rat was about to say something back at Valkyrie until Rhinox stomped one of his front feet, lightly shaking the ground underneath Rattrap's feet. He was relieved his distraction was a success.
"Like it or not, the former Predacon is in control at this moment. One wrong move , and he might consider something rash and endanger them both."
No, Rhinox didn't like it, but he agreed with Valkyrie. This battle was strictly between Optimus and Dinobot. For now.

Standing there on the bridge with Dinobot, Primal heard the bickering behind him and couldn't believe his crew was doing that now. It was a difficult distraction to ignore. It also showed the Predacon before him how unorganized and out of control the Maximals were. At least at that moment. Is Dinobot sure he really wants to lead this group? the ape thought to himself.
"No way!" "Hey Scale-belly. How's about you try a piece of the bad kitty, huh?"
Optimus turned a little to look over his shoulder at the cheetah, holding up his hand as a signal to stop. "Cool your circuits, Cheetor," he demanded, and lowered his hand. "I wouldn't send anyone to do anything I wasn't willing to do myself."

"Oooh, yeah, right. Now he says that," said Rattrap.

Primal growled in frustration and turned back to face Dinobot. He was having enough trouble as it was trying to avoid a fight with the raptor, than to have to deal with any distractions from his crew behind him. "This is foolish, Dinobot! We're Maximals! You are a Predacon!" he glowered, pointing a finger at him. Something in the back of his mind pointed out how the both of them were really easy targets. If the other Predacons knew where Dinobot was, or could hear them since they were not too far away, then that could be a big problem. It was all the more reason to not fight, and get across the bridge as soon as possible.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Saber looked over at Cheetor and shook her head. Such recklessness would get you killed, kid. She thought.
"Oooh, yeah, right. Now he says that,"
Saber growled again, Rattraps lack of respect was really starting to bother her, if it was up to her Rattrap would be punished severely for that remark. But she knew her place, so she remained quiet and waited to see what would happen between Optimus and Dinobot.
Your no longer General Saber-Fang remember that. She told herself.[/quote]
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

Wintersong only listened to the others, she had become rather quiet and hadn't said a single word since they left the battle field. Of course this missing Predaocn had her fur on end and she was already tensed to poucne, despite flinching from her already aching shoulders and her right one stiffened to where she couldn't walk on it. However, she remained quiet, only her good paws had unsheathed claws digging deeply intot eh ground, fur bristled in an easy show of irritation. This lizard was already working her final line of patience.

Glancing at Rattrap, Rhinox, and the others then abck at the bridge she didn't know what use she would be. Her shooting arm was in bad condition with her left being a possible chance for misfire.