"Beast Wars: Part II"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Really really sorry that I didn't get this done sooner. I got swamped with school and the coming holidays!

Dinobot's tensed state relaxed. His contempt for Maximals paled next to the burning hatred for Megatron.

He made no comment nor return greeting to Orcariner, but his lip lifted in an unfriendly snarl when Icebreaker confused him with another. He did aspire to be the master of his fate and accomplish great things- overthrowing Cybertron for Predacons, for example- and he didn't like to be confused with some hatchling newborn. Assuming that Cerano was a stasis pod gone Predacon.

He circled down from the roof of the ship, limping due to the damage of his leg. A live wire sparked from the open gash, though it was quelled by the organic blood that had begun to scab. It was crazy, but his beast mode's urges were riled by the scent of his own blood. Shaking his snout warily, he rounded the ship's hull to find Orcariner already setting up a work station to repair the ships holey exterior.

Typical that the Predacon is the last to the CR Chamber Dinobot thought sourly, shuffling toward the lift. Instead of mounting it, he veered off to the right, and curled into a shape reminiscent of a breathing boulder. He would let the repairs take care of themselves. Without the need of Maximal shelter OR Maximal CR chambers. And woe to any who tried to persuade the hard-headed lizard otherwise.
Last edited by Tor on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: So sorry for my delay, guys! :shock: I'll be backing up a bit for my own entertainment, so don't worry so much about reacting to my post if your characters have already moved on. ))
Er.. Heya, the names Icebreaker. Search and rescue is my specialty, but I'm also good at blowing up things in a pinch.
Rattrap's gaze wandered from Icebreaker to Rhinox. "Rhinox, yer supposed to get me help to repair the base. Not somebody who's good at blowin' everything up," he said dryly.
Huh.. So that's how you turn this thing on. Guess I wont need lessons after all.
The maximized rodent stared at him wide-eyed as he figured out the welding tool and said, "I don't believe this. This guy's gonna melt himself." Maybe some of these guys weren't able to work with this kind of equipment without a safety meeting first. Geez.
"Hang on!" "Um... guys?"
And then Rattrap saw Cheetor jump in, the only one who appeared to be panicking, and couldn't get the coolant to work. Rattrap flung his hand over his face and shook his head. Aye.
Oh slag.. I did? Hang on..
Okay, the ice effect that Icebreaker had was pretty neat, he had to admit, watching him spray the mist at his own head to put the flames out. It was like the opposite of everything he was capable of using, which could be a lot of explosions and fire when he needed it to be.
Thought it was a little warm around here.. uh.. yeah. Did I mention I don't usually work with these things? The others are all better suited at this..
At least the new guy had a sense of a humor. Rattrap took back the device and sighed. These guys are gonna have to learn how ta use these things sooner or later, he thought. How come they all get outta the work just 'cause they don't know how ta use the equipment? Maybe I should set myself on fire an' see how much I can get away with. He merely glanced at Rhinox's chuckle at the whole ordeal.
I think you have a point there. Alright, lets get back to work. You should probably get your friends.
Watching them walk away, Rattrap heard Wintersong mumble something nearby but wasn't in the mood to care enough about what it was. He just looked at Skyfire, "Come on. I guess we gotta do all the work around 'ere on this side of the base," and continued showing her what they had to do.

Whatever happened with ol' Leather Lips? Rattrap randomly thought while he worked with Skyfire. He hadn't heard nor smelled Dinobot inside yet, so of course, suspitions began settling in again about the former Predacon who desparately wanted to eliminate Optimus and take control of the Maximals the day before.
"Well, that's just prime!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Rhinox started typing into the computer as Cheetor talked, looking up diagnostics on other parts of the ship. Well it is entirely possible to shoot through the shield if you put a hole through it, but on the other hand that hole can be used for them to shoot back. Normally in such a situation you'd have turrets outside of the shield. The only time you'd put holes in the shield would be for communication or focused radar signals.
Last edited by NaitoKage on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Cheetor was suddenly even more interested than he had been.

"You can make a hole in the shield?"

His expression dropped.

"But I guess you're right. They could shoot back through it. And what would we need to use radar for?"
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rhinox leaned his head on his hand, then l shifted his gaze slightly still reading We use Radar as long range navigation and detection, our camera's can't see everywhere, so radar fills in the blanks. Here, let me show you something.

the screen then changes as he brings up the menus for the shield Now by doing this you can make a hole small enough to patch a communications signal signal through without majorly compromising the integrity of the shield during an attack. he then says while operating the computer.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Cheetor was amazed that what he saw happening on the computer was meant to cause an actual hole in the shields. He couldn't help himself...

"Can I try?"

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rhinox got up from the chair holding his hand in a presenting manner to the computer keyboard Of course. On hands knowledge is the best way to remember these sort of things. he then stated.

The Rhino then moved back a bit more to give Cheetor some room.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

(If everyone agrees, I'm going to start with the Predacons inside the Darksyde.)

Scorponok was glad to see that the fight was over but still, he felt bitter towards himself. He couldn't believe that Dinobot got away. He will get that traitor someday...

"Warning incoming ship."

The female voice of the computer interrupted his thoughts.

"Where?"

"Grid Siron."

Scorponok rushed towards his leader, "Megatron, a ship is landing. May I go and retrieve it, sir?"

(Sorry, I was waiting for Dal)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

After completing his task of covering up the hull's holes, Orcariner radioed to the Axalon's bridge.

"I believe I'm done for now. What's next on the 'to do' list?"

As he awaited the reply, the Maximal admired his work. It was not professional, but considering his lack of experience, Orcariner felt pretty good about his craftsmanship.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"Alright." he said excitedly and yet somewhat tentatively. He wasn't exactly sure that he knew how to do what he wanted to do right.

Still, he stepped forward without hesitation and sat down in the chair. Then he moved it forward. Rhinox was a big Maximal.

Cheetor looked at the computer screen and saw different displays for shield projection intensities, locations that were meant to be covered and even a calculator for trajectories of individual coordinates in the projected shield.

This seemed simple enough. If he could just select the right cluster of coordinates out of the entire projected shield and take the power away from them, those parts wouldn't be projected anymore. That would cause a hole, right?

He typed away at the keyboard until he had chosen the right spots.

"Computer," he announced "cut power to selected coordinates."

"Shield System offline." the computer announced back at him.

"Hey, I didn't ask you to cut the whole thing off." he said. He didn't even want to look over at Rhinox to acknowledge he was stuck. He could think through this.

Wait. He had a basic study of shields functions back on Cybertron. How did this work?

"Oh, I remember." he said out loud. "Shield projections rely on each coordinate in the projection to reinforce the next one, like a bunch of different shells touching each other's edges." He turned back to Rhinox. "That way the force of an attack can be distributed across different parts of the shield. Not as much energy has to be expended to fend off a dispersed impact as would be used to fend off a more localized one.

So... if I cut off a coordinate, the rest aren't going to stay in place, because they don't have everything they need to rest on... it's like a... like a series circuit.

Right? But that's why what I tried didn't work. How do you do something that does?" he finally asked Rhinox.

((OOC: I figured I can't have Cheetor figure out directly how to do this since he says that it's Rhinox who shows him how.))

Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Venatrix observed Steelclaw for a while now. And wasn't quite sure what to make of him.
He was peaceful, not at all a warrior like herself.
She felt getting at peace with him, and was happy he took her advise earlier, and used it to his advantage at the battle of the beasts on the mountain.
It would be wise to stay on his good side for if she needed him for something she couldn't do on her own.

She stayed next to him as they walked at an easy going pace towards the Darkside.
She wasn't in any hurry, even though that strange ship Steelclaw told her about was headed for their crashed ship as well.

The trip was a long one, but eventually Venatrix and Steelclaw reached the ship, and she didn't feel threatened by the coming of these other, obviously, Predacons.
She walked into the crashed ship, didn't even greet the other Predacons and jumps into a CR-tank, for a much needed recovery session.
Though her internal repairs have been finished, her outer shell was a mess.

----------------------

Valkyrie continued her project to repair the weapon systems, while the others where working on the ship's structure and the shields.

A group of new arrivals where welcomed by Rhinox, and she decided to observe them while she kept working on the second gun.
The news about a group of 7 Predacons that also arrived on this strange planet.
But at the moment that wasn't playing any part of the on going business of getting the Axalon into a more secured base.

It took her some time, but the second gun was finaly repaired, and in workable condition, but she still needed Rhinox's help in creating something that would drastically reduce the energon consumption of both the weapon systems and the shields.

She moved out of the small spaces within the gun system's and landed on her feet and made her way to Rhinox.
"Second gun is in working condition. Now we need someone to reconnect the weapon systems to the energon reserves so they are actually useful."

She turned and nodded at some of the new arrivals. "So what's their story?"
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rhinox leaned in a bit typing into the computer The structure is weaken, but by making the hole in the right shape, it'll still hold. There. Now do you see? Rhinox then looked at Valkyrie leaning up moving away from Cheetor.

Oh,them. Apparently alot of stasis pods fell early, around 5 maximals and I believe he said 7 predacons.. Icebreaker is getting the rest of them right now.

Rhinox then turned responding to Orcariner Thats great, speaking of which you can help Valkyrie with the second gun. It needs the power to be reconnected and calibrated.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Nodding, Orcariner returned to the cargo bay and retrieved extension cords and replacement wires for the damaged ones. Approaching Valkyrie, the friendly giant introduced himself while piling the materials in front of him.

"It's not going to be easy," he said, "but I'm thinking we can trash the fried conductors and replace them with the extension cords that can hook the guns up to the ship's main power generator. The other end branches so we could also make use of the energon reserves you pointed out earlier in case we have a power outage. As for these wires, I'm thinking we'll just use them as makeshift replacements for the damaged segments in the equipment itself."
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

"It's not going to be easy," he said, "but I'm thinking we can trash the fried conductors and replace them with the extension cords that can hook the guns up to the ship's main power generator. The other end branches so we could also make use of the energon reserves you pointed out earlier in case we have a power outage. As for these wires, I'm thinking we'll just use them as makeshift replacements for the damaged segments in the equipment itself."
"Nothing is easy in this situation. But it's our job to make the most of it with the stuff we do have available.
But that's not what i meant. The energon reserves aren't going to last long if the Predacons decide to come and crash our much needed rest and comforts.
The shields and weapon systems as they are now drain to much energon, so we need a way to also have those systems use as little energon as possible. I just cant seem to figure out how to do just that. I'm no engineer."

The rest Orcariner said made sence. It would work. And so they should make it happen ASAP.
"Since I've already repaired the first 2 auto-guns by cannibalizing parts from the other 2, we'll need to find other parts to use to fix them. Any idea's?"
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

"I got just the idea for that!" he replied.

Radioing to Rhinox, the Maximal spoke.

"Command bridge, this is Orcariner. Do you think you'd be able to use your on board satellites to reach Icebreaker's communications device and ask him to retrieve our old base's weapon turrets? He should be in the area while seeking out the others."