Long term plan?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Long term plan?

Unread post by Blazemane »

Hey, there's been an influx of new O.C.'s which, of course, is absolutely wonderful. On a side note I know some of you are waiting like... official approval, or whatever, and for whichever part I bear in that process, I can't work on it directly right now, because it's 1:00 in the morning over here and I have to wake up early tomorrow for something that will likely take me until the night. Still, we might have these set down by tomorrow night if me and Tor can discuss things.

Anyways... with all the new O.C.'s coming in, everyone's been discussing vague sorts of ideas about characters coming in "later" or "in the second season", etc. This is because we have a ton of characters in the first episode already.

Should we, perhaps, line out which individual episodes characters might come in so everyone knows and players of O.C.'s can have a clear time table to get prepared for their introductions?

So maybe if you aren't already in Beast Wars: Part 1, you could suggest what episode you want to come in on.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

If it's too problematic for us to join it isn't really a problem for some of us to remove profiles, well least I can say for myself and Phoenix. Wulf seems just thrilled to be making signatures again anyway.

We had a feeling this would come up anyway from analyzing the game and pace (at your going rate, you'll finish season 1 by 10 to 13 years if you literally go by every episode at a pace of 3 to 5 months per episode.)
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

I think that's a good idea.
All my OC's are already in the game, but my plans for Valkyrie and her transformation to TM2 Phoenix aren't set yet.
Season 3 is still waaaaay ahead of us, so i figure i have some ytime left to plan a good plot for this.

I'm more busy with working on planning how and when i wanna have Venatrix work on her character development, which will involve some 1 on 1 RPing with Tor (Dinobot). When i have some idea's worked out, i'll message him through PM.
And for the episode "Code of a Hero", where i plan to have Venatrix fight side by side with Dinobot for the first time, i need a few volenteers to ave their char's buts kicked during that ep.
There will be a lot more Predacons to deal with by that time, so it would only be logical for my character to join him, to make his self-sacrifice more realistic.
I mean, Dinobot VS like 15 Predacons is a bit much.
But its the episode where Dinobots true heroism is shown, so he still steals the show.
If its like 15 preds vs Dinobot and Venatrix. I'd like the chance to fight with 4 or 5 of those preds.
And maybe have her finaly taked out by Megatron right before Dinobot faces him.

But like i said, details are still being worked out. I'll mail those who are interested when the time is right.

--------------

On a side note, how are you holding up?
It seems there are a lot of new players coming to the RP and give you GM's a lot more work.

I think you should discuss this with the other GM's and see if you boys and girls aren't over taxed.
Perhaps an extra GM or 2, or a few back-ups if needed.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

I agree with Ven. Last few months I've been planning about SS TM2fying with Cheets and my other predacon OC's coming which may be either my Harpy eagle Hecate or my Cobra/lionfish fuzor Serpenteria.(Not out yet)
About SS TM2fying with Cheets, Ven said Valk will be TM2fied with him soo...I guess I can go along with BA then...ending up dead and then alive as TM2 with telekinetic powers.(If that's okay for the GMs because I need it for my season 3 weapon which actually wasn't used from season 1. *I'M THE FALLEN!!! just kidding* :P)

But the problem is that I can't decide which one of my other 2 OC's should be my backup OC incase there is not enough preds as in season 3 SS is going to the Maxies during Optimal Situation.

Once I've finalize everything I need for my plans, I'll post here again.
(I hope....)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Well.. being a new person on the board here and all I understand the desire to follow the storyline set in the show. However I fear it will be rather boring for those of us who do not have any characters in the rp yet to have to wait several months to introduce our first character.

Joining the RPG was a big chunk of the reason I signed up with this board after all. I can understand asking us to wait for an opportune time, but it would be nice if that time of joining isn't set too far in the distant future when most of us have lost interest after waiting for so long.

Is the story arc completely tied down by the progression of the show or will some minor changes be done?
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

If it's too problematic for us to join it isn't really a problem for some of us to remove profiles, well least I can say for myself and Phoenix. Wulf seems just thrilled to be making signatures again anyway.

We had a feeling this would come up anyway from analyzing the game and pace (at your going rate, you'll finish season 1 by 10 to 13 years if you literally go by every episode at a pace of 3 to 5 months per episode.)
However I fear it will be rather boring for those of us who do not have any characters in the rp yet to have to wait several months to introduce our first character.
Joining the RPG was a big chunk of the reason I signed up with this board after all. I can understand asking us to wait for an opportune time, but it would be nice if that time of joining isn't set too far in the distant future when most of us have lost interest after waiting for so long.
Both of you mention having to wait months to introduce your first characters. While there is nothing in my power I can do to speed up the game so you can introduce your characters, may I suggest you two, along with those awaiting an opurtune time to start RPing, start RPing with your characters in the character lounge. There you can tweak and mess around with your character. This is whole RP kinda an experimental thing, as BWint's first, so try to bear with us as we figure out a sound system.

I am sorry, but again, there is nothing we can do to shorten the time wait to jump into the game. Perhaps the only thing we can do, is request that everyone who is participating in the RP already should not submit anymore OC profiles.

One way to get in quickly is at audition for Rhinox or Tigertron. I'm not exactly sure what Jagna (RPing Terrorsaur and Rattrap) or Razorclaw (RPing Tarantulas and Megatron) is up to, but in the meantime perhaps OOP would agree to letting someone help her RP all the characters she's been loaded up with until Jag and RC get back. And since I myself am going to be juggling three canons (once Inferno awakens) I'd be willing to give up Waspinator or the ant-bot if someone auditioned for them.
Is the story arc completely tied down by the progression of the show or will some minor changes be done?
Nope, there can be drastic changes in the script, if the majority of the RPers agree to it. Apparently, Dinobot is being helped by Venatrix now...
I mean, Dinobot VS like 15 Predacons is a bit much.
Bah, if he's going all out, he could take 'em. :D
But the problem is that I can't decide which one of my other 2 OC's should be my backup OC incase there is not enough preds as in season 3 SS is going to the Maxies during Optimal Situation.
Whoa there cowgirl, I'm guessing that there will be plenty of Maxies and Preds if we get that far. :wink:

Again, we're sorry for the wait. But still, if you want to help us, you can tell us which episode your OC comes in so we can coordinate better. Thanks!

dt
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

One idea could be to possibly run two rpg's, one of which is tied in with the storyline of the show, and another more 'freestyle' story so that people can join with their characters without being tied down by the progression of the BW show as much. So a character lounge type rpg could work, provided enough people join in to get the wheels grinding.

Personally I don't really care which episode my character is introduced in. She was supposed to have been a TM2 but obviously I changed her to a regular season 1 beastie to have a chance at joining the fun.
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

I like that idea. We could make it similiar to The Gathering or something..

That would be fun ^_^
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

There are a couple reasons to make people wait until they can join with their characters. One is if everyone joined with their OC's all at once, then that would be way too overwhelming, and I guarantee it would cause too much confusion. Another would be that everyone wants some attention on their new character, so it's only fair to devote a little bit of time to them in the episodes in which they make their appearances. And one other would be that the Maximals JUST evacuated their stasis pods into Earth's orbit, so they shouldn't be falling too soon in the game yet (however, I'm willing to be more lenient on that part because there are so many players who want to join).
Nope, there can be drastic changes in the script, if the majority of the RPers agree to it. Apparently, Dinobot is being helped by Venatrix now...
Originally, we were planning on playing episode by episode up until "The Probe" because that would be a perfect time for some kind of rescue ships to show up and offer more OC appearances (and by that point in the game it players should be more comfortable with their canon characters if they're playing one). After that, we'd mix things up a little and not be so attached to the show's script, but we still want to follow the basic story of the show. ...If I remembered that correctly...
One idea could be to possibly run two rpg's, one of which is tied in with the storyline of the show, and another more 'freestyle' story so that people can join with their characters without being tied down by the progression of the BW show as much. So a character lounge type rpg could work, provided enough people join in to get the wheels grinding.
The only concern I have with adding another RPG is that people barely have the time to keep up with the one we have already, so if we add another, how will those who fall behind in both catch up? And the whole point of keeping the OC's together with the canons in the RPG we currently have is to see the interactions between them that they obviously couldn't have in the show. The Lounge is really for those who can't wait to RP their OC's in the game, or for those who are waiting for someone to post in the RPG.
One way to get in quickly is at audition for Rhinox or Tigertron. I'm not exactly sure what Jagna (RPing Terrorsaur and Rattrap) or Razorclaw (RPing Tarantulas and Megatron) is up to, but in the meantime perhaps OOP would agree to letting someone help her RP all the characters she's been loaded up with until Jag and RC get back.
I did discuss this with Wicked Woman, who volunteered to play the characters that I simply can't keep covering due to time constraints. I don't know what she's up to right now, but I would have no problem if anyone was willing to temporarily control the canons whose owners are too busy to post. Megatron is a big one right now, and Razorclaw is probably too busy to post, so if anyone can take care of the t-rex until she comes back, that would rock. I have enough trouble posting for one leader as it is. :lol: Controlling the canons should be fairly easy right now since we're following pretty closely to the script, so if any of you (Phoenix, NS, Warwulf, Xzuk, Darkshadow and whoever else just joined the board) don't want to wait to play your OC's, then you have my permission to temporarily play the canons that are currently "undesignated." This will help keep the game moving, too, especially on the Predacons' side. I believe we need people to cover Megatron, Terrorsaur, Tarantulas, Scorponok, and Rhinox. I feel I'm okay with handling Rattrap for Jagna at this point until she comes back.

Anywho, I'm willing to be flexible with allowing OC's into the game earlier than previously planned. I understand that people are anxious to get into the game, and it really isn't fair to make them wait for months until they can play (unless their characters don't come in until seasons two and three). I don't want them to lose interest in the game. We might have time to let one or two OC's into the next episode while the Maximals are chasing the Predacons, so long as the stasis pods (if they arrive in pods) coincidentally land in the paths both factions are taking as they race to the mountain with the raw energon. Then perhaps one or two more can appear in the third episode, and so forth. Does that seem fair to everyone?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

I think it would be better to devide the canons betwean the "nOObies" among us *grins*

This way the game will progress faster, and the new players dont have to wait eons till they can start joining.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I completely agree.
I am sorry, but again, there is nothing we can do to shorten the time wait to jump into the game.
I completely agree.

The only concern I have with adding another RPG is that people barely have the time to keep up with the one we have already, so if we add another, how will those who fall behind in both catch up? And the whole point of keeping the OC's together with the canons in the RPG we currently have is to see the interactions between them that they obviously couldn't have in the show. The Lounge is really for those who can't wait to RP their OC's in the game, or for those who are waiting for someone to post in the RPG.
Y'know, we kinda' have been twisted into a pretzel. Now, yes there was the idea of the rescue characters coming in "The Probe", but Razor One seemed to be the head of that idea, and I don't know where he is.

I like the idea of a second role play, but OOP brings up an interesting point about people who haven't been able to keep up.

What about, then, an RP devoid or mostly lacking in canon characters? Maybe something on Cybertron even? With something like that- A.) people would be responsible for O.C.'s (which, for some reason, have been kept up with more faithfully that the cannon characters in the RP so far- as much as I can see anyways), and B.)- no official script would lead to more flexibility in character development. So essentially, the characters wouldn't exactly get left behind because there would be no specifically pre-determined course to follow. Now, it wouldn't be impossible for people to get left behind if they really didn't do anything with their character, but if that happened, should it have to come to it, at least he other players could role play around a character that hadn't been moving.

Either way, I think that somehow, the people who have recently decided to join the RP should have at least some story they can engage in.
On a side note, how are you holding up?
It seems there are a lot of new players coming to the RP and give you GM's a lot more work.

I think you should discuss this with the other GM's and see if you boys and girls aren't over taxed.
Perhaps an extra GM or 2, or a few back-ups if needed.
Venatrix, I'm glad you asked, because something has come up. Speaking only for myself, of course, I figured I could work with what I needed to up until today (on that note, there was never really an official gm picking process. I myself had just pm'd Tor one day, and it turned out she wanted help. So really, if anyone feels like helping, just go ahead and talk to her).

I only say up until today because I cut my right arm open (and I'm right handed) and had to get stitches. It doesn't hurt hardly at all, but since I want it to heal, I'm trying to avoid typing with that arm.

My left hand is slow. So I'm not deactivated, and I think most of the character analysis happened already, but if I am doing anything, it's going to be done slowly.

Anyways, I'm sorry for all the players on stand by. Hopefully things can get rolling.

EDIT: UPDATE: It has been suggested that using my right arm for stuff like typing isn't going to impair its healing, so I'm good to go for whatever.
Last edited by Blazemane on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Well, My OC(Angel) supposed to appear in Coming of the Fuzors Part II at the beginning. Her ship lands right in the middle of the warzone, getting her ship destroyed as she runs away in fright of both sides. You know where the episode begins. Instead of the Maximals getting blown away behind the rock, Angel's ship takes the blow.

(Has my character been approved?)

Oh! We are not going in the direction of the show? Sweet. If you guys are interested, I have some good ideas for the Vok when we get to teh second season.
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

Xzuk is just a basic transformer, so he can come in as a pod whenever you guys deem necessary.
^_^
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Just a few questions:

1) Does our OC need to be verified and approved for us to participate in the Character Lounge?

2) There's a 1 month gap between "Beast Wars" and "The Web". Is there a possibility of introducing more OC's and possibly minor/insignificant missions and stories during that gap?

3) Sorry for looking too far ahead, but will there be stat upgrades (surpassing the 45 pt. limit) once Season 2 hits us with transmetals?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

I can answer one of those. No, you don't need to be approved to do things in the character Lounge. So jump in.