Long term plan?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

No problem. More advantage to be on the good side of a whale then the bad side anyway.. (Specially seeing size comparison charts with humans.. which most characters are human sized. Orcanier could be a maximal boat.. which they would probably really appreciate since a good deal can't swim.. though most the maximals can fly..Very few Predacons can fly.

I think it's just Waspinator, Terrorsaur, Inferno,Sonar and Glowstick. Maximals being Primal,Airazor,Valkyrie,Skyfire,and Moonshine. With later seasons including all the transmetals and Silverbolt.. They're mostly an air force!)
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

NaitoKage wrote:Hm.. except there isn't 8 characters..
I guess Angel wont appear til later.. not that she can really fight..
Actually, after the advice of Blazemane, I changed my character.

He was right that she would be only a burden so if you want to check out her altered bio it's, I think, on the last page of Character Bio's section.

(So is the OC Episode One just for us to practice with our OC before our characters come on to the main RPG)
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ah I see. Firepower of 2 eh? Hm..pretty sure Xzuk carries spare guns that you could use in the event of being swarmed by vok drones.. Just in case if stun grenades don't work on vok drones I mean. Hm..if Silverbolt finds her though that means she'll probably have to wait til season 2 anyway..and rewrite the profile to take advantage of the transmetal process or so..

Sort of practice and how to get into the main game. Basically it would of taken forever for all the oc characters to get in, this kinda shortens that up so the other characters don't have entire stasis pod devoted episodes gumming up the works.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Wow, she made a complete turn around from the original bio! I agree with the silverbolt comment, you might just want to make Angel a Season 1 "standard" transformer. As for fighting, I'd say forget the grenades and go with the sword and steel-plated wings! It'd be nice to have another melee combatant to hold the front lines, and plus, you have 3 melee weapons at your disposal!

This way, we can have Angel, Lineos, Orcariner, and Tantrum (if he shows up) making holes. Glowstick, Moonshine, Snow Trix, and Sonar can take out fliers and sweep up flanking and unfinished drones.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

I like the stun grenades. She can blind the enemy and attack them. Vok drones? I don't know. Just have to improvise I guess.

(Since this is practice, I don't have to wait for Season 2 and at least have me try out my character's personality. I can do that right?)
Last edited by una on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well that depends, are you intending to join the maximal crew with Xzuk, Orcariner, and Moonshine once it's over, or do you still want to wait awhile until Silverbolt appears in season 2?
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

Yeah, I'll still wait for season 2 for Silverbolt to find her.
Last edited by una on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ah.. Well I guess you could have the option of mysteriously getting lost or being assumed for dead until found by Silverbolt later. Otherwise guess your stuck..
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

Hey, that gives me an idea.

What if Angel lands when Airrazor's pod crashes? The Predacons find it first but she's long gone in beast mode. She flies around both bases in her Dove form secretly helping out the Maximals until Silverbolt finds her.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I think that's way too far ahead of our OC Episode. We're in sync with Beast Wars Parts 1 & 2. I personally wanted to end OC Episode #1 by the time the BW P2 RPG was finished so that we can join the canon characters. If you intend to arrive with Airazor, maybe we should just pick a different Maximal. Either that, or we can just drop Angel and Tantrum and roll with 6 transformers. It's completely up to you, but regardless our current crew is going to move forward and kick some Vok butt.

***EDIT***

Question for participating RPGers: what do you guys want to do if we're relying on someone's post to progress, but that person doesn't post for a while? Do we wait or just try to find a way to move on?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Usually they wait. If you wait for a extensive period then move on. It's acceptable that people have lives or technical difficulties, but it effects the flow for others as well. Our world believes in the many over the few. Ne?

Also if you want I can insert a maximal if necessary to fill in the spaces so to speak..

Also there are currently 7 transformers. three maximals, four predacons. So really there's already a space/gap..
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Well we'll wait for Una's response to see if she still wants to join. If she opts out, feel free to insert your Maximal if you're willing to work with two characters at the same time.
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

Yeah... I've been waitin a bit. But its cool. If you guys wanted to come to me and the big guy, then feel free. We've got a pod.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

You guys go ahead. I'll just be patient for the main RPG.

Have fun!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've been thinking for awhile since I rewatched some more episodes and the recent gameplay in the OC episode.. Perhaps the OC episodes should be used more often when collecting new players? And due to the influx of characters while some get rare screen time it might be beneficial to have characters that specialize in that sorta thing.

Like for instance, Tigatron and Airazor are supposed to be Maximals that explore the planet. they rarely are at the ship. So what could they be doing while out there? Collecting Stasis pods and exploring while they're out there seems like a logical option. This also could lighten the load on the main storyline with side stories (besides Stasis pod recovery) so 30 character brawls don't happen in one thread as players already have trouble keeping track of posts in the main game.