Speed Chart?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Speed Chart?

Unread post by Phoenix »

I'm in the process of writing up a profile for the first character I plan to introduce in this rpg. But as I am trying to be somewhat realistic and base the speed of the character off the speed usually accomplished by the animal her beast mode is based off of, I found myself wondering exactly how the speed statistic works here.

Obviously a cheetah would be faster than a turtle, so would a cheetah character have a speed of 10 or close to it? Is there some values to go on here, like if your character moves as fast as 70 mph (like the cheetah in the example) the speed stat would be 9 or 10, while a slower moving rhino (gallops at 25 mph) would have a speed of maybe 4?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Well, looking at toy statistics, Cheetor's speed has always been 10, so I assume 10 would be accurate.

Rhinox's statistic in original form is 3. But then, in transmetal, he's got a 7. But... that's with a vehicle isn't it.

So... let's go from top to bottom, according to toy statistics in original mode- the purest the beast mode has to offer. Then, of course, these aren't necessarily 100% logical, and perhaps this isn't what you wanted:

Cheetah: 10
T-Rex: 10
Falcon: 9
Velociraptor: 9
Pterodactyl: 8
Wasp: 8
Tiger: 8
Rat: 8
Tarantula: 7
Black Widow: 6
Scorpion: 5
Rhino: 3

Exceptions (these guys had vehicular assistance before transmetals were cool):
Gorilla: 10
Fire Ant: 8
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Hmmm.. thanks for the chart. Some of those speeds don't entirely make sense to me (T-rex being a 10 seems odd to me, same with the speedy rat and spider. There's just no way a t-rex could run at 70 mph before he got his training wheels) but then again.. I've had to endure a lot of biology classes so I think I may be a bit too logical when it comes to animals. :)

I will adjust my character speed accordingly though.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Hmmm.. thanks for the chart. Some of those speeds don't entirely make sense to me (T-rex being a 10 seems odd to me, same with the speedy rat and spider. There's just no way a t-rex could run at 70 mph before he got his training wheels)
That's exactly what I was thinking. Well, about the T-Rex mostly. But Megatron had to have as many tens on his stats as possible just to prove he was in command.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

For my own reference, and perhaps for some others as well, I'll post some realistic speed stats for some different animals below.

Cheetah : 70 mph
Falcon : 65 mph (200 + mph when stooping)
Rhino : 25 mph
Tiger : 50 mph
T-Rex (obviously not measured, but an estimated guess here) : 25 mph
Bee : 15 mph
Large Eagle : 50 mph + (100 mph while diving)

Of course these are actual animal speeds so a beastie probably has some advantages.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Geh.. made me have to research animal speeds as well.. Oh well, needed some edits anyway.. Thanks for bringing this up atleast.