The Ranks Are In

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

The Ranks Are In

Unread post by Tor »

Hello everybody,

To start off, it has been agreed that you can have two characters at most, and if you are playing more than one, they must be on opposing sides. So, for example, you may play with

2 Original characters
Or
An original character and a cannon character.
Or, from this point on,
2 cannon characters.

The “from this point on” disclaimer is due to the fact that, when the very idea of a bwint role play was presented again last year, only so many people applied for so many characters. Some players, therefore, ended up with more than two cannon characters.

The above rules might, of course, change once we bring in the likes of Quickstrike, Silverbolt, Rampage, Depth Charge, Dinobot the second, etc, depending on whether or not new players wish to take them on, or if the players currently participating will be the only ones available (assuming they are willing).

Blazemane and I have gone through the character biographies, and come up with the following decisions. Any character that fits within the “two characters per player rule” will be accepted, provided they are not too powerful (whether by statistics or description), or found unsuitable for reasons otherwise, such as ethical issues.

To address the specific characters that have been presented in the Character Bios 2.0 thread, we’ll go in the order in which players submitted their first character, and address each character they submitted. In this address, we will also provide the rank we found suitable. It would be completely unfair for us to assume we know everything, so if you think your rank is too low, or even, perhaps, too high, and wish for it to be changed, it is more than open to discussion, although not entirely open to change. Essentially, your rank can change, but you must present your case logically, and in accordance with the description you have provided with your character.

One thing that will often be mentioned in our assessments is that the weaknesses are not weak enough, or not even a weakness. We will likely ask for an edit on them, but be aware that part of the journey of Beast Wars was ‘bots learning to get past their weaknesses. So don’t feel that just because you’ll have some Achille’s heel now, that you’ll be stuck with it forever.

And one last note. As I said earlier, we have no intention of bashing any character, and certainly not any player who submitted a character. We are merely trying to fit these new characters into the limits of power permissible in Beast Wars, and the ethical limits permissible by the role play’s potential readers.

So, first off,
Wintersong:

Wintersong:
This character fits within the statistics limit of 45 (with a specific total of 42). Your weaknesses, though not glaring, do provide a balanced character, especially in light of the fact you did not match up to the full statistics limit. In general, this character is solid and acceptable.

Snow Trix:
This character is also solid, but there were some things we wanted to make to note of. First off, your statistics are 45.5. This is very close, and easily changeable, so if you just take one of the “.5’s” off of something, or even take half a point away from a whole numbered statistic, you’ll be good to go in that regard. …Not that you can’t do math yourself, I’m just sayin’…

Snow Trix’s weakness, however, seems a bit… unweak. To say that Snow Trix is in danger of people catching her in her trickery is to merely acknowledge that there is risk involved in any sort of trickery. In this regard, Snow Trix’s weakness is actually dependent on other bots’ strengths, and since she is in less risk of getting caught in her deceptions that most other characters, her potential of getting caught is actually a strength of hers, and not a weakness. So we think she needs a different problem.

On one last technical note, this character is extremely interesting, but because we’re in the first episode, she will have to wait a while to be introduced to the show.

Echo Wolf:
This character is, once again, intriguing. However, the stats are 4.5 too high (for a total of 49.5). 4.5 points need, therefore, to be taken away. We are confused, also, by what you meant his weakness to be. You said his weakness is his strength and ability to build things. This seems contradictory.

Whatever does happen to Echo Wolf, at any rate, he will still have a long time to wait since he is your third character. There is a chance for him, however, to come later when our cannon to original character ratio has changed.

Starshadow:

Starshadow:
Please understand before we begin, that we are aware of how imaginative Starshadow is as a character, and that you even have a story behind her to explain all of her power. We should acknowledge to Starshadow, and a few other characters that we've found a bit too powerful, that a powerful character does not always scream of terrible things, or Mary Sue natures. In shows and movies full of ordinary heroes, it is refreshing to look up to the few who make everyone in the room cower when they walk in. This is the purpose of Jack Baeur in 24, the Terminator in the movies of the same name, Dinobot, Rampage and arguably Depth Charge, Megatron and Primal in Beast Wars, and any other characters from fictional realms who are good at what they do.

However, in keeping with the show, our standard for these characters has to be that they can provide a proper reason why they are subordinate to Megatron if they are Predacons, or subordinate to Primal if they are Maximals, other than their mere choosing. We know that if Rampage had his way, he would lead the Predacons or simply destroy all in his path. But even he has an Achilles heel- Megatron caught him at a weak moment and found something to hold over him until he died.

Because of this, there are some things we want to address with Starshadow's character.

First off, you say her speed in beast mode is 7, making her stats 46 when in beast mode, and 45 when in battle mode. However, since we have a 45 statistic limit, exceeding it even part of the time doesn’t work. We ask that you keep her speed at 6 in both modes.

The shortest leopards (being the actual species from which the panther is born- it is just affected by melanism) grow to be two feet tall, and the tallest grow up to be 3 feet and 9 inches. A 6 foot 1 inch black panther is unrealistically tall. However, many beast warriors stand on their hind legs in battle mode, and their length then becomes their battle mode height. Therefore, Starshadow’s battle mode height of 7 feet is not actually too far off since leopards can grow to lengths of 6 and a half feet. So, go ahead and keep the robot mode height, but if you will, please change the beast mode height.

We want to stress the following thing strongly. You note in your abilities that Starshadow has the seducing powers of succubus. This creates two problems. One, since you noted that this makes Starshadow have absolutely no problem fighting males, you are controlling other characters without their consent. Two, that ability makes the center of its effectiveness, well, seduction- lust, essentially. That isn’t suitable for this role play. Ultimately, this is a user friendly forum, and I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one uncomfortable with posts, and abilities, of that nature. Another thing I want to mention in the user friendly category is that, combined with the succubus idea, and the fact Starshadow’s beast mode has a demon’s tail, she is being shaped into a rather… demonic seeming figure. Being a Christian (both Blaze and myself), we would personally have a problem having a demon-like figure running around, and especially, interacting in the role play with it. We're not sure where others' tolerance levels lie on this, but besides the ethical implications involved with the demon’s tail, it ought to be remembered that this is Beast Wars- the forms are created directly off of animals, not spirits.

This would also call into question the vampire wings that Starshadow has. Perhaps if they were referenced, instead, as bat wings (somewhat similar it seems to us), Starshadow would be able to keep them. But this would have to be at the discretion of other users too, because fuzors don’t come until season 2. If everyone else is fine with it, then we don’t see why bat wings, even on a black panther, should become too much of a problem.

Now for her power. The general rule for weapons was set at a 3 limit. Now physical weapons have, likely, some leeway, because how can you claim someone can't have claws just because they have guns? However, even on a munitions-based scale, Starshadow far exceeds the 3 weapon limit.

Munitions:
Spartan Laser Rifle
Twin sub-machine guns (this could be considered two weapons, but... on the other hand, they're both the same idea, and need to be combined for their fullest potential, so...)
Mouth can shoot a plasma beam
Wings can shoot laser rain (extremely powerful weapon)
Fang Bombs
Total: 5

We would ask, in light of the fact that you have given Starshadow a “7” in the firepower category (not weak, but not entirely insufferable to her enemies), and because of the weapons limit, that you reduce these to three. In particular, we are wary of the laser rain, which could, especially in combination with Starshadow's banshee scream, become an anti-army capability.

Non-munitions weapons:
Bladed spiked tail whip
Stabbing wings (their ability to be used as a shield seems inconsistent with Starshadow's endureance statistic of “5”.)
Dual Claws (Iconic weapons, and not too much seems amiss with them by themselves, but the corrosive acid you speak of makes her hand to hand prowess nearly unmatchable.. It seems the enemy has to avoid being touched. In short, scratch the acid and we'll be very happy.)
These weapons, aren't too terribly over-powerful, but especially in combination with the munitions weapons, makes her a force to be reckoned with on a scale that doesn't seem fair.

Miscellaneous equipment:
Lilith Cycle:
We would contend, at least personally, that a vehicle is unnecessary for a creature enabled with flight, and especially unnecessary for a transformer.
Banshee Scream:
In G1, it is seen that Soundwave has audio disruptor waves, so this isn't exactly unheard of. It just seems like... one more thing that makes Starshadow quasi-unstoppable.

Abilities:
The night vision and extended sight seem fair to ask of a cat beast warrior, so that makes sense :)

Weakness:
Starshadow's weakness does not seem to debilitating. A lot of warriors can fall to pressure. Perhaps she is exceptionally prone to pressure based failure (although, that seems inconsistent with her warrior background)? However, having disagreements with her leaders does present some interesting potential problems (it was one Cheetor's weaknesses). However, the last note, that she can make wrong decisions seems to be more of a fact of life than something that follows her personality around. Perhaps, this too, you meant for her to have an excessive potential for?

So like... to say that she falls to pressure easily, clashes with her leaders, and makes hot headed (or inexperienced, or forgetful, etc.) mistakes a lot of the time- that all would seem like a good weakness. It would be interesting, too, to see how you would write those moments out in the role play.
But, after all, maybe you have an entirely new idea.

Rank: We want to see what potential Starshadow has if she gets toned down a bit before we give her a specific rank... if that makes sense.

Blazemane

Steelclaw:

Right-o. First off, I must stress that Blazemane was extremely morale and took no part in the judging of his own O.C.

Excellent character. Congrats, you made the 45 stat bill, Blazemane. He's unique in the sense that I've never seen a Maximal go bad, and I'm interested to see how he fares in the war, being as he's in a little deep. A Maximal within Predacon ranks. Poor Steelclaw.

Skyfire:

Skyfire:
This character seems well constructed. Her stats do, however, total 46, so she needs to lose 1 point. Skyfire’s weakness is reminiscent of Cheetor’s. Skyfire might have to wait a bit before she grows out of her weakness of course, since learning to fight doesn’t happen overnight. On a side note, if Dinobot agrees to take you under his battle trainer’s wing, you might have to watch out for an angry Venatrix (the character- not the player). Just warning you.

Xzuk:

Xzuk:
The character, as its own entity, works quite nicely. Good stats, understandable weakness, and the like. Just be mindful of the fact that Xzuk will have to change to original mode in order to come into the story at any time in the near future. Even in original mode though, he’ll have to wait a few episodes.

xCubicZirconia:

Autumn:
By the time Autumn was submitted it was decided that we’d have no more feline beast modes. You will have to have her be something else. Other than that, good character. Also, be aware that we have enough O.C’s in the first episode, so Autumn too, will have to wait a while.

Venatrix:

Valkyrie:
In terms of ranged combat, Valkyrie does function at the level of most beast warriors, and her weakness further insure that. We are, however, wary of Valkyrie’s power on a few different levels.
To start off, Valkyrie’s bio mentions that aside from diving, Valkyrie is faster in flight than Airazor. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. However, it is inconsistent with “6” given to Valkyrie’s speed statistic. We suggest either increasing the speed to either 9 or even 10, or else define Valkyrie with a flying speed equitable to 6.
Our main concern is how immensely intelligent Valkyrie is. Of course, there is nothing wrong with anyone being intelligent. However, Valkyrie’s spark does not seem to have had a previous owner (although that is not out of the question), and was found by archeologists in a containment unit. It was integrated by scientists into a body which can’t even keep up with the very knowledge, calculating capacity and general intelligence of its owner’s spark. She enjoys watching young ‘bots fool around. When she went online, she quickly was considered smarter than those working on her.

The next part is what we especially have trouble with. Again, any ‘bot should be able to logically answer why they are not the leaders of their sides instead of the actual leaders. Yet, Valkyrie worked her way up the ranks of Cybertron exploration to land on the Axalon’s maiden voyage, long before Primal. Furthermore, Rhinox and Primal see her as a teacher. Maybe that means just of the others, and not of themselves. Either way, if these two facts are considered together, why exactly does Primal command the Axalon? After all, if she was on the Axalon before him, doesn’t that, at least beurocratically, assure her a greater rank?

We wouldn’t claim you don’t have a reason in mind- we’d just want to hear what it is, provided it isn’t that she merely chose it to be that way.

In addition to this extreme intelligence, she is a master of an ancient hand to hand combat style. Again, nothing is inherently wrong with this, but in combination with her unmatched intellectual prowess and extreme speed, Valkyrie seems too formidable.

Venatrix:
Extremely skilled, but Venatrix does have a “10” in the skill category, so that’s the point. We will admit that a person who has a history as a partner with Ravage seems perhaps… frightening, but if, after all, she can never defeat Dinobot, maybe that’s an indication of his prowess more than hers.
Anyways, Venatrix’s weakness has been discussed before, so just make sure it gets updated.

And on one last note, attention Night-Hunter: Saber has been present in the role play, but never had an official application sent it. Same goes for Razorclaw with Blaze. Please submit applications soon.[/b]
Last edited by Tor on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

WOAH OMG That section of my OC is VERY LONG..........I almost got myself confused. But anyway, I'll edit my OC ASAP XD
+ I didn't know Sounwave in G1 have that sonic attack thingy as I didn't watched TF G1 at all.

[Edit : Erm...Do you mean I must change Starshadow's beast mode? No wings, no tail? :cry: Almost forgotten, do I need to cancel out that banshee scream? :cry: ]
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Thanks for the info Tor. I guess I must of miscalulated the stats, so I'll go think that. I'll just take the highest stat down by one.
I demand cookies!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Heh, just to make a correction. Thundercracker had the ability to perform sonic attacks, not Soundwave. Soundwave could jam all communication signals, hear from long distances, and read minds through a type of electrical signal sensory.

It also isn't that unusual for transformers to use a vehicle, but only if they are prohibited on the terrain (Like predacons floating around on hoverboards since most couldn't fly, Actionmasters since they couldn't transform, Rattrap's sub since most BW types can't swim) hm.. makes me wonder what some fish type transformers do if they're forced into beast mode.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

The reason for Valkyrie not being in command is a pretty simple one.
First of all, she's not trusted to gain to much control.
She is after all, a science project.
Plus she's not stable enough physicaly to assume a role of active leader.
If the maximal scientist would've given her a body that could bring out her true potential, then she'd be to powerful.
Also, ill edit her profile, and scrape the line where i compare her with Airazor, and just mention she's fast ^^

My plan for Valkyrie is to have her somehow be involved in Megatron's and Tarantulas their Transmetal 2 project.
Her spark and body mutate, giving her body the ability to handle her spark better, while her spark mutates in the sence of losing some if it's former self.
Valkyrie will be destroyed in the process, and my new character Phoenix will emerge from her ashes so to speak.
Note that i haven't put much time into this transformation yet, and since there's another wanting to use the name, i am already bouncing some new idea's around in the back of my head.
She will become a Predacon in the process.

As for Venatrix, i must say i am content on how she is.
Techspecs wise, its the same as every other tech spec of any transformers in the past.
Optimus Prime had a 10 for strength, while Grimlock had a 9 or even an 8, and Devastator had also an 8 or a 9.
It is class related.

I already mentioned that she's still a young Predacon.
You can compair her with Cheetor.
They should be around the same age, and if they where to meet on the battlefield, she would lose to him at speed.
But she would compisate this with her skill in battle.

Dinobot has much more experiance, being a much older bot.
And Dinobot has ranged combat skills included as well, where Venatrix has simply non.
Also, since she's young, i believe her rank is to high.
I would give her more a 5 or a 6.
Also note, that i plan on having her swich side during "The code of a Hero" episode.
And even though she's a Predacon, and Dinobot a Maximal soon, she still consider him to be her mentor.
In that regard, she and Dinobot need a few combat sessions 1 on 1 before he dies for the first time :P
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

NaitoKage wrote:Heh, just to make a correction. Thundercracker had the ability to perform sonic attacks, not Soundwave. Soundwave could jam all communication signals, hear from long distances, and read minds through a type of electrical signal sensory.
In Transformers: The Ultimate Doom, Soundwave does just that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3u2NYemC3E

At 3:14 in the video, Megatron gives him the command, and then he does it.

As for the vehicles- very true, although most of the ones in beast wars seemed more team owned than personal. I think even Rattrap's belonged to the Maximals in general, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, we did also ask for the cycle to be dropped because Starshadow had already had flight. But since we asked for the flight to be dropped, perhaps we could reconsider the cycle, although, it would give her an edge that the rest of the beast warriors don't have until season two (but for the ones, of course, who can fly, and already laugh at motorcycles).

And Venatrix, I think me and Tor need to start talking again about the further auditions that have come in and all, but my first instinct is that your characters seem satisfactory the way you describe them above. Anyways, we'll get back to that...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Huh.. Well, it was the tv series. I was going by techspecs, but eh. Unfortunately alot of the time they changed the abilitys on characters in G1's show. Since Soundwave also used the mind thing in an episode.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey everyone. The new ranks should be up tomorrow. If I don't post them by tomorrow night, come hunt me down.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

*ready's her feather-torture-device just in case*

Just in case ^^
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Are you ranking all of the remaining original characters, or just the ones that will be allowed to introduce themselves in the next upcoming episode?
Taran Ulas

Unread post by Taran Ulas »

(pulls out Lasos and Galvos)

I advise that you hurry. Time is running out. When time runs out, the hunt begins with weapons and waffles of suitable attire. The hunt is of the deadliest game.

(do not take that too seriously, but please hurry. Those who have characters most likely want to see ranks.)
Because there's a phrase for people who drive out into the middle of very flat, open country while being chased by Starscream in his F-22 form. "Sitting duck."
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I have sent my draft to Tor for approval.

And these are all the character that have been submitted.

Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

As noted before, we have no intention of bashing any character, and certainly not any player who submitted a character. We are merely trying to fit these new characters into the limits of power permissible in Beast Wars.

Also, hopefully in the next seasons, as transmetals and fuzors come, we can heighten the statistical and character per player limits.

Starshadow:

Starshadow:
With some of her more powerful weapons having been removed, and the succubus/demon tail/vampire wing collection dropped, Starshadow seems quite viable as a character. Her new weaknesses, however, are somewhat confusing. They might be satisfactory, and they might not be, but we can’t tell precisely what is meant by them. Could you explain what you mean?

Serpenteria:
Since Starshadow is already present, and is a Predacon, Serpenteria contradicts the “opposing sides” rule. Granted, she comes in a later season, so character number limits will likely be heightened, but you will still probably have to submit a Maximal before you submit a Predacon.

As for the character itself, the statistics are correct, but some of the abilities concern us. The fact that her singing can make anyone do her bidding controls other characters in a way that contradicts the rules. This is not allowable.

Additionally, the idea of a stream of water being able to pierce a character’s armor seems impossible, and if possible, too powerful. It it’s possible, it also makes her venom immensely too powerful. Also, since venom works on a molecular level, then if her venom cancels out her venom, it seems that the molecules in one dose would constantly be negating each other.

This means Serpenteria’s venom is either ineffective, or incredibly dangerous. It needs to be a consistent entity, and at that, should probably be moderately effective. Megalania’s, for example, needs twice the amount of time to kill its victim, and can not be shot at a velocity that pierces armor.

Also, the first weakness, that others can warn characters of her manipulation, is a fact of life. However, the other weaknesses are just fine, so she is good in that department.

Una:

Angel:
Her statistics are well below 45, and nothing about her seems overly powerful. In fact, Angel might be too weak for the role play. It’s your decision, but the fact she doesn’t fight at all might lead to a general lack of opportunity for her to do any actual role playing aside from scolding the Maximals for engaging in a war, which, for some of them, might not go over well.

Night-Hunter:

Saber:
Saber seems an interesting character. However, we want to know how she can have once been a general on Cybertron (that’s no small accomplishment), and still have managed to learn hacking. It’s not like there isn’t an explanation, but at first glance, it seems at least unlikely, so it might help for you to explain how this works. Also, if she was a general, she probably should fill her statistics all the way to 45 instead of being under it. Maybe increase her strength of 8 to 9 (she can carry 6 times her weight), and her intelligence from 6 to 8 (generals need to be intelligent). Those specific suggestions aren’t what you have to do (obviously), just, again, a past general should have the fullest extent of her statistics fulfilled. You weakness seems effective (and fitting for a military commander).

Sonar:
Sonar fits his statistics, and seems to have had an interesting past. There are some things we wanted to address though. In your abilities, you mention he can make a realistic echo projection. Does this mean a hologram? And if so, how can sound make an illusion? Well, I know Sonar “sees” with noise because of the phenomenon his name is based on. But for characters without sonar, how do they see holograms based on noise?

Secondly, you say his echo weapon is faster than any gun. An echo is a noise. The speed of sounds is 343 meters per second. There are a lot of weapons in the real world with ammunition that can travel faster than this speed (some weapons fire faster than this to an extreme extent). This doesn’t mean you have to remove the weapon- just that you may wish to know, as a heads up, that it is not as powerful as you might have been expecting.

We also do not believe his weaknesses are truly a problem for him. First off, anyone can be blinded by enough light. But even if Sonar is especially prone to this, his sonar ability (essentially- seeing with sound) allows him to bypass that. Most bats in the world are blind by fact and just use echolocation all the time. Since he can “see” things by hearing them, he would almost certainly laugh at being blinded by light. Next off, to say that if you cover his eyes and ears, he won’t be able to see anything, is to merely state a fact of life true to all characters in this role play. In fact, almost all (perhaps completely all) characters aside from Sonar wouldn’t even need their ears plugged in order to not know what was going on around them if their eyes are covered. This then, makes Sonar strong in this area- not weak. We believe he needs a new weakness.

NaitoKage

Glowstick:
Glowstick uses exactly 45 points for his statistics, and doesn’t seem overly powerful. If there is any one thing to worry about, it’s his weakness. The fact that he doesn’t camouflage as well as other squids indicates that he still does camouflage even to some extent- a feature which all of the other characters lack- making this a strong point of his, not a weak point. Now, I understand the speed problem he has in beast mode on land. Yes, this is slightly made up for by the fact he trumps most in water, but still, most fights don’t take place in water, so it seems a weakness. Still- he has jets. If he’s able to fly, then his land speed doesn’t seem like too much of a problem for him. And his weakness mentions that his jets are slower than others, but the fact he has jets at all alright gives him a mobile edge over a lot of the group.

Naturally, we shouldn’t begrudge him flight or camouflage- that’s all fine. Those are cool abilities. It’s just, these things don’t seem like a weakness to us. We think he needs a different weakness. On every other account, though, he seems solid and unique.

Taran Ulas:

Lineos:
Lineos’ statistics are fine, and everything else seems solid too. We wanted one point of clarification though. Lineos’ biography mentions, aside from the Megalania, a Cybertronian tank. Is this supposed to mean that he was a tank on Cybertron before getting a beast mode on Earth, or that he has a tank mode on Earth too, and is therefore a season 2 or three character?
EDIT: Taran Ulas has informed me that the tank only refers to his mode back on Cybertron, and when he becomes transmetal. In short, he is a season one character, and will only be a Megalania during that specific time.

Warwulf:

Tantrum:
Tantrum fills the statistics correctly, and seems solid all around. It might be interesting seeing Tantrum’s reactions to Lineos- who would be the one needing enforcement, while still being about as powerful as Tantrum, hee hee hee. Those two will get along just great.

Phoenix:

Moonshine:
The statistics are exactly 45, her weakness does seem to present some opportunities of trouble, and she doesn’t seem overly powerful. Between Angel not fighting, Moonshine healing both sides, and Steelclaw having been a former Maximal and leaving to the Predacons, the general rebellion against majority philosophy might actually not leave Tigatron so alone.

Alak:

Ocariner:
Ocariner appears to be another solid character on every account. Interesting to see he has a lot of knowledge too, even if he didn’t get to practice everything. Just make sure that whoever plays Depth Charge in the future is willing to acknowledge this history with your character. I will discuss this further in the post about Aphrodite.

xCubicZirconia:

Aphrodite:
Aphrodite’s statistics are acceptable, and the character doesn’t seem all that powerful, but you already have a Maximal (Autumn), so Aphrodite contradicts the “opposing sides” rule.

There was one other thing we wanted to address (which applies to everyone’s O.C.’s, and to Autumn, who was posted by you earlier). We don’t think anyone should be allowed to dictate character interests/interactions between O.C. and cannon characters as a fact, unless the person playing the specific cannon in question agrees to it. Aphrodite, for example, is stated in your biography to become the love interest of Depth Charge. You will need whoever plays Depth Charge in the future to give you permission for that. Same goes for Autumn and Cheetor. I play Cheetor. I don’t mean to offend you, but I do not likely see them becoming sparkmates. Cheetor, for one thing, isn’t mature enough to be anybody’s husband, and probably won’t be until the events that take place after beast wars.

It’s open to discussion, but as a message to everyone, ask anyone playing cannon characters for their permission before noting any interactions with them- whether romantic, friendly, training-wise, history-wise, etc.

This also applies, naturally, to the O.C. interactions mentioned as possibilities above. Tantrum and Lineos, for example, obviously do not have to butt heads. Whatever is mutually agreed upon by respective players should be fine, and if two players don’t agree, then a specific interaction/detail/plot line involving two characters can not be forced by one person.

Venatrix:

Venatrix:
As for Venatrix, i must say i am content on how she is.
So were we. We didn’t mean to send any mixed messages on that note. We were just thinking out loud about her skill level (with the conclusion that it is acceptable- we didn’t mean anything else). We only wanted to know about her weakness.
I already mentioned that she's still a young Predacon.
You can compair her with Cheetor.
They should be around the same age, and if they where to meet on the battlefield, she would lose to him at speed.
But she would compisate this with her skill in battle.
And alright then.
Cheetor feels jealous though. He never got to fight with a reprogrammed Autobot.
Also, since she's young, i believe her rank is to high.
I would give her more a 5 or a 6.
Oh.

Uh…

O.k.

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Blazemane wrote:
Una:

Angel:
Her statistics are well below 45, and nothing about her seems overly powerful. In fact, Angel might be too weak for the role play. It’s your decision, but the fact she doesn’t fight at all might lead to a general lack of opportunity for her to do any actual role playing aside from scolding the Maximals for engaging in a war, which, for some of them, might not go over well.

Okay, I was thinking about twinking with her bio a little more. I try to get her more powerful but not too powerful.

I like her rank though. Give me some time to recreate her alittle.
Taran Ulas

Unread post by Taran Ulas »

Blazemane wrote:
Taran Ulas:

Lineos:
Lineos’ statistics are fine, and everything else seems solid too. We wanted one point of clarification though. Lineos’ biography mentions, aside from the Megalania, a Cybertronian tank. Is this supposed to mean that he was a tank on Cybertron before getting a beast mode on Earth, or that he has a tank mode on Earth too, and is therefore a season 2 or three character?
EDIT: Taran Ulas has informed me that the tank only refers to his mode back on Cybertron, and when he becomes transmetal. In short, he is a season one character, and will only be a Megalania during that specific time.
I have mentioned in my post that I'm not sure if I want to make him a transmetal or if I even want him to survive season 1 due to a certain crab destroying certain aspects of personality. I will also be making edits for a while. I'm willing to bet that up to and including the moment he arrives, I will be making edits :x so be prepared to make edits to his rank Blazemane. Be prepared.

already made 4 tonight

EDIT ALREADY :roll:

one note that I felt that I should make. In my posts for the RPG, do not expect me to post good descriptions. I will either go overboard(his red and yellow orbs gazed down upon the glistening fluid running down the raptor's chest) or the underboard (his eyes looked to see Dinobot in beast mode with mech fluid bleeding out). I just cannot achieve balance. if you want a description of Lineos' body and beast mode, then you can send me a message. My reply will be my best shot at his description, but you have been warned about that shot.
Because there's a phrase for people who drive out into the middle of very flat, open country while being chased by Starscream in his F-22 form. "Sitting duck."