RPG Rules: Please Read First

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

RPG Rules: Please Read First

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

These are the official rules for the Beast Wars roleplaying game. Please read them BEFORE you post a character profile and BEFORE you begin posting in the game. Some rules are subject to change.

FORUM MODERATOR: Optimal Optimus Primal
• Enforces the rules and conduct of the forum and disciplinary action when necessary. Has the ability to delete and edit all posts, threads and topics. Please contact her if you're dealing with a conflict with another player and are having trouble resolving the issue, or if you need help and have questions with anything pertaining to the RPG and the forum.

ASSISTANTS: NaitoKage, Blazemane, Alak
• These three gentlemen assist the Moderator with approval and discussion on character profiles, stats, and other RPG-related events and issues.

I.) No swearing, flaming, or being sexually explicit. Respect the other players. No stalking or any other forms of harassment. Do not make fun of other players about their performances in RP (or any other matter); people should try their best in portraying their characters.

II.) Auditions will be held for those who wish to play canon characters (characters from the show). As the game progresses, additional auditions will be held for the canons whose time it will be to join the game. All auditions will be critiqued and approved by the Moderator and Assistants.

III.) All threads must be labeled IC (In Character) or OOC (Out of character) so players know whether or not you're typing as your character or typing out of the game.

IV.) The length of a post should be four lines at minimum! We want to see character development during the story and time line, so put a little more effort into what you're writing, especially if you're playing an original character. Add detail, thoughts, pain, emotions, etc. Get into your writing and make it more enjoyable for others to read. We want to know what your character is going through and how they handle and react to situations.

V.) Please try to stick to the main storyline; the one provided by the show. This means no Transmetals until season two, and no Transmetal Two's until season three.

VI.) Important prior to submitting your character's profile:
• We are no longer accepting feline beast modes. We have more than enough now with cats or parts of cats. We want to encourage originality and creativity with beast modes and characters' abilities.
• We are also no longer accepting characters' names with the word "claw" in them for the same reasons as stated above.

VII.) Important prior to submitting your character's profile: Each player may only have four characters in total to play. A player can have a maximum of two OC's (original characters) and two canon characters. Because of the number of unowned canons, the number per player may exceed the two canon character limit only. If a player choses to play four characters, then they must have opposing allegiances (Moderator excluded). This is to keep the numbers balanced for both Maximal and Predacon teams, and to keep the numbers down, because we don't want this game turning into something like the Generation One series. :wink:

VIII.) Original characters are not allowed to join the game on a whim, and their profile must be approved by the Moderator and the Assistants prior to playing. Please discuss your character's arrival either with the Moderator through PM (Private Message) or publicly in your own topic. This is a first-come-first-serve basis. Please do not submit character profiles that you won't be playing in the game in the "Character Bios" topics as this clutters the threads a great deal and causes confusion; start a separate topic. Only original characters who are intended to be involved in the game should be discussed in the "Character Bios" topics.

IX.) There is a maximum of two posts a day per player. Let people catch up in the game. This is a forum-based RPG, therefore people take time to write up posts. Many of us are busy with education or work beyond the Internet, so have PATIENCE in posting.

X.) Please practice common writing etiquette. Use spellcheck and proofread once over your work. It'll take only a few minutes and also save future miscommunications and confusion. If you don't have any programs with a spellchecker go here: SpellCheck.net. If you wish your character to think "outloud," please use italics to demonstrate what your character is thinking. When they are speaking outloud to others, please surround the text of what they're speaking with "quotation marks." Color coordinating your character's dialogue is optional, but it's easier to read and find for later quoting if it's in color.

XI.) We write in third person in the RPG, which means that you should not be writing as if you're seeing through the character eyes. The general format should be similar to this: Random Chara looked up at the sound, his ears twitching. There was something definitely very wrong here.

XII.) No Autobots or Decepticons; this is strictly Beast Wars. Autobots and Decepticons that have been rebuilt and reprogrammed to Maximals or Predacons are acceptable; like Ravage in season two, for example. Autobots and Decepticons who are on the Ark or the Nemesis are in frozen stasis lock, so hands off. :P

XIII.) Absolutely NO godmoding or power-playing is allowed. A player is godmoding or power-playing when they start controlling other characters or events that they should have little control over. You cannot control another player's character without their permission (with the exception to the Moderator when the game is slow and characters' players do not respond). And you cannot kill another player's character without their permission.

XIV.) READ EVERY POST CAREFULLY! Time and time again people have either misread, or haven't read at all, some posts which has caused a great deal of confusion and frustration among those who ARE reading every post and replying accordingly. Because this has happened so frequently and some people seem to be having a difficult time rendering this mistake despite the warnings they've had, there will now be higher consequences for this:

• First, if a player's post is inaccurate to anything that's going on in the RPG, then they will be given a warning in the game (so watch out for a Moderator's post) and asked to edit their post accordingly.

• If it happens again, or their post isn't edited before their next post, then their first post will be DELETED (through editing) and they will be forced to rewrite their entire post that was incorrect and make it right. It isn't fair to the players who are doing a decent job and their characters are completely ignored, and they waste their time trying to make some kind of use out of it. It's very simple to avoid this and not slow players down; just read EVERY post before replying.

XV.) There is a time limit now on posting in order to keep the game moving. If we don't hear from a player within three days of their last post, we WILL move on with the game without them.
Last edited by Optimal Optimus Primal on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Thanks for setting these up Optimal Optimus Primal. It should help some things.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

Definately helpful.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Does the stalking means IN he rping or OUT of the rping?
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You're very welcome.
Does the stalking means IN he rping or OUT of the rping?
Well, if your character is going to stalk another character in the game, then you better not get caught, especially if you're stalking a Predacon. :wink: I think Tarantulas stalked Cheetor a few times... :lol: Definitely don't stalk other players and hassle them. And don't keep battling the same characters over and over, unless they have a history like Depth Charge and Protoform X did.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Me got an idea!!!

I think we should put NO STUPID FUZORS like....:
Hippo/Butterfly
Stingray/Snake
Squirrel/Mantis
Bear/Dolphin
and blah blah blah blah blah blah :P
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

The rules are very helpful OOP and I agree with Starshadow if we have other fuzors come along.
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

I think a stingray and snake fuzor would be awesome though...
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Awe man. I was going to make a rat/bat Fuzor! :lol: Just kidding. I suppose I can add something about "illogical" Fuzors because I wouldn't want anything ridiculous. Although, I think most people who want to RP are capable of a greater imagination. :wink: ...Then again, we do have too many catsy beast modes in the game already... :P

I was also thinking of adding a limit to how many OC's each player can have. I think it was previously suggested that each one could have ten, but that sounds like an awful lot. Not all of the stasis pods are going to "hatch," and I don't think it would be a good idea to turn this into a G1 TransFormers shindig where they had tons of Autobots and Decepticons all over the place on the 'toon. I was thinking maybe five would be a good number, that way the players who aren't playing cannons can have the opportunity to have several of their own characters. Other ideas? Suggestions?
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

That works for me.

I was wondering if You'd already had someone cast for Tigatron?
I can play him and Xzuk if need be. They're almost the same.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I was wondering if You'd already had someone cast for Tigatron?
I can play him and Xzuk if need be. They're almost the same.
We did have someone for Tigatron, but she departured from the game, so he's up for grabs again. Please feel free to audition for him here! :D ...Even though I'm sure we'll give him to you because no one else has expressed interest in him. But to keep things fair, you should audition for him so we can see how you handle the wise white tiger. Okay? Take your time, and thank you! ^_^ You may be able to bring in Xzuk before you start playing Tigs, depending on how the episodes go.

Rhinox is also out of an owner for the same reason, but we may have someone to play him soon. I hope.
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

Well, I can play Tigatron a lot better. Rhinox is very tech savvy lol. I'm not.

I'll audition b4 the end of the night.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Me and Tor were thinking that the role play should limit O.C.'s to one per person. The cast could easily get doubled without a low limitation.

But, I mean, we don't dictate the rules. What do you think?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rhinox is very tech savvy lol. I'm not.
Nor am I. :lol: But I think I can handle him for now until my friend gets back to me about taking him.
I'll audition b4 the end of the night.
Great, Xzuk! Thank you!
Me and Tor were thinking that the role play should limit O.C.'s to one per person. The cast could easily get doubled without a low limitation.
I thought about just one as well, but people playing one or two cannons also get to play an OC if they want, so then they're already playing two or three characters while others who don't or can't play a cannon are stuck with only one character in the game. Of course, it would keep the amount of characters down drastically with only one OC per player... I don't know! :lol: I'll think about it. Maybe I'm just trying to be too fair. :lol:
Xzuk

Unread post by Xzuk »

I wanna say that a 2:1 ration would be good... but then that doubles the amount of O.C's to Canons...

Perhaps... one active O.C... and one that has rare appearances?

But then people who don't have a Canon... I think should be allowed to have 2 active....

Thats my vote... I've never tried to minimize numbers before... but that seems like it ma help... =/
Haha.. I dunno..