Fan Disscusion May(?)

Place for people to organise and contribute to the BWINT newsletter.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Fan Disscusion May(?)

Unread post by Tor »

Since our last issue was March/April, these are our questions for the May issues!

1. Was Waspinator really evil? Why or why not?

2. What are your theories on Transformers names? Where did they get them? Do they have multiple names?

Feel free to PM me any other questions you have so I can store them away for the next issue!

DT
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I don't think Waspy was evil.

He was pretty much the underdog of the Predicons the only time he was really evil was when his body was taken over by Starscream.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

Tor wrote:Since our last issue was March/April, these are our questions for the May issues!

1. Was Waspinator really evil? Why or why not?
See my arguments in the other thread. Too lazy to retype >_>
2. What are your theories on Transformers names? Where did they get them? Do they have multiple names?
I believe some transfomers base their names on past descent. Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal to be precise. (I think. It could be that Optimus named himself after Prime much like BW Megatron did)

Other names are based depending on their alt mode. Hot Rod, Rattrap, Tankor, etc.

Other names are dependent on personality: "Silverbolt...pure, strong...and fast!"

And finally some transformers name themselves after others, just like Megatron did.

Do they have multiple names? I believe so. Rampage wasn't Rampage until Megatron dubbed him as such. I doubt Cheetor was called Cheetor before he became a cheetah. Do ALL of them have alternate names? Probably not.
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

New question, cuz I just thought about it.

Transformer reproduction. How on Earth (or Cybertron) do they do it?? How does the Matrix fit in? Is it the well of all sparks? Or is it a fancy thing in Optimus Prime's chest? What about the Allspark? How is the Matrix connected? Does it even exist?
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

It's never been fully explained, but I heard a theory once that to me makes the most sense, and as far as I'm concerned I consider it canon since it makes SO MUCH SENSE:

Okay, we've learned from Beast Machines that Transformers' sparks are polarized. This theory holds that the vast majority of Transformers-- "males"-- have positively polarized sparks. Occasionally-- but relatively rarely-- the Allspark/the Matrix/whatever will create a spark that is negatively polarized. This results in Transformer that is "female", and has characteristics humans perceive as female. Due to the rarity of this, this also explains the female/male number discrepancy among Transformerkind.
However, as we all know, the natural state of things is to become neutral. That is, positively-polarized sparks have two few electrons and "want" to become more neutrally charged. Negatively-polzarized sparks have an excess of electrons and "want" to get rid of them-- again, to become neutrally charged. This explains why male and female Transformers are often attracted to each other-- during their equivalent of sex (ie., just being intimate, what humans refer to as "making out"), their sparks exchange electrons to become neutral, which they "want" in the first place.

That's the best explanation I've heard, anyway.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

1.) Waspinator, is I think, on the wrong side. I somehow always draw a line between bad and evil, but in the simplest form of the word evil, yes, Waspinator is. This is because he fights for the Predacon side, engaging in such plans as the attempted genocide of humanity, the theft of the Golden Disk, and whatever other devious plans he was set to do in the other billions of episodes.

He is somewhat incompetent, and that brings him sympathy from the audience. But he does have sentience, and, I would argue, "knows better".

2.) As for names, I feel there is strong indication in Beast Wars that the Beast Warriors received new names when they got new beast modes. Almost all of these names are derived from the beast mode the Cybertronians acquired, or an aspect which resonates with that mode (for example, Depth Charge). Primal and Megatron didn't change their names.

'Cuz they're cool like that.

But I don't know specifically how the names are given on Cybertron. Considering most names are a reflection of personality, perhaps the internal computer systems can read the sparks of the 'bots they belong to, and just know their personality at birth. Assuming Cybertronians name themselves. It might be parents that give children names though, just like over here.

But that seems a bit preemptively knowledgeable. And when you consider those whose names are derived from their alternate forms in the original series (where we are given no exact indication that a new name is given to them on Earth, although that is, of course, possible, and would keep a consistency between the Beast Wars and G1 series), that is even more preemptive. It seems nearly impossible.

I suppose I don't have much of an opinion on this one.

3.) ...Do you want us to do 3 this time, or wait for next time? Because only Beastbot has answered that question so far. But then, only three people have answered in general (and them me for four).
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
VelociBerg

Blazemane wrote:1.) Waspinator, is I think, on the wrong side. I somehow always draw a line between bad and evil, but in the simplest form of the word evil, yes, Waspinator is. This is because he fights for the Predacon side, engaging in such plans as the attempted genocide of humanity, the theft of the Golden Disk, and whatever other devious plans he was set to do in the other billions of episodes.

He is somewhat incompetent, and that brings him sympathy from the audience. But he does have sentience, and, I would argue, "knows better"
EHHHHH.

He tried stealing the golden disks because of the "Ultimate Power"/"Limitless Power" (direct quotes) that they contained, as soon as he put two and two together.

"Knows better" and acting on that knowledge are two entirely different things. Dinobot knew better. He realized his mistakes and corrected them the best he could. Megatron "Knows better" if you think about it. He KNOWS that he is evil, knows what is "good" and "what isn't" and that everything he does is nefarious and sinister--and he enjoys it to top it all off, but it doesn't stop him from making those evil choices.

The only reason Waspinator even quit the Predacons wasn't out of some righteous change of heart, or because he realized how evil Megatron was, it was the selfish reason (though I do not blame him at ALL) of him being utterly destroyed more times than Wile E, Coyote.

And lets not forget how he made the proto-humans worship him like a god. :lol:

The way I see it, Waspinator is a different breed of evil. He's not like Megatron with his grand plans, he's not sadistic like Rampage, he's not clever like Tarantulas, he's just...a henchman. His destiny in life is doing the bidding of those above him, which is why he's always grouped with the other henchmen, like Inferno.

But he is, in the end, still evil. He enjoys being all-powerful over others, craves power, and obeys orders (like exterminating the humans) without a second thought. He really wouldn't fit in with the Maximals, methinks.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

VelociBerg wrote:
Blazemane wrote:1.) Waspinator, is I think, on the wrong side. I somehow always draw a line between bad and evil, but in the simplest form of the word evil, yes, Waspinator is. This is because he fights for the Predacon side, engaging in such plans as the attempted genocide of humanity, the theft of the Golden Disk, and whatever other devious plans he was set to do in the other billions of episodes.

He is somewhat incompetent, and that brings him sympathy from the audience. But he does have sentience, and, I would argue, "knows better"
EHHHHH.

He tried stealing the golden disks because of the "Ultimate Power"/"Limitless Power" (direct quotes) that they contained, as soon as he put two and two together.

"Knows better" and acting on that knowledge are two entirely different things. Dinobot knew better. He realized his mistakes and corrected them the best he could. Megatron "Knows better" if you think about it. He KNOWS that he is evil, knows what is "good" and "what isn't" and that everything he does is nefarious and sinister--and he enjoys it to top it all off, but it doesn't stop him from making those evil choices.
I think that's all I was trying to say. You do know I said I thought he was evil, right?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
VelociBerg

Of course I know, I quoted you. I was just adding my own thoughts.