Comments, Complaints, Suggestions?

Place for people to organise and contribute to the BWINT newsletter.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Comments, Complaints, Suggestions?

Unread post by Tor »

Alright,

Idea time! This thread is a place for feed back. Take a gander at the Newsletters and tell us all the things you like, want improved, or removed. Come on peeps we want ideas!

DT
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

I have a suggestion! XD

In keeping with incorporating the idea (I forget whose it was, maybe it was yours, Tor?) why don't we do something with the current Beast Wars Character Fanclubs? Like each month, have a Character Stand-off of some kind, where clubs compete in friendly competitions aiming to glorify their respected characters? Perhaps a debate as to why Blackarachnia is cooler than Rattrap (not that I think that!) or a Quoteathon (One character quote has to be responded to by another character quote, e.g. if Rattrap and Blackarachnia were having a quote-dialogue: Rattrap: "Ah pussycat, you really know how to tickle my joystick." Blackarachnia Response: "Why do you always talk to yourself?") and so forth. It can be a lot of fun and amusing and would make for an entertaining, short read. Anything that makes some more use out of the clubs I welcome, as at the moment they simply are just really pretty and serve little purpose besides.
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Hey!

People don't be afraid to agree or disagree with ideas posted here. The Newsletter craves your feedback!

Another idea, anagrams! Make an anagram for a Beast Wars related term and we feature it.

And Sapphire, I like that Quote war idea, I'll try and start it up next month if there are no objections.

DT
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Comment ? I got one.

I was just reading the newspaper of march 2008.
I was pretty amused by paper, but when i read this in the "Ask Cheetor" colum, i realy needed to go to the bathroom as fast as humanly possible.... and barely made it in time not to wet myself from laughter:
And from Razor One:

Dear Cheetor.

The Pre-Historic Earth Police Department would like to have a word with you about your numerous unpaid speeding fines.

What? No way, that’s impossible, I…

Heeeey, wait a minute! Quit yankin’ my tail! And that’s not even a question…

I mean, damn.... You people realy need to concider the situation of some people before posting something like that ^^

lol
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I got an idea just for the artists of this forum.

We could have a contest. They could be different topics Best Drawn scene, taking one character and drawing what that character may look like as a human, or maybe even someone's interpretation of Colony Omicron and it's destruction.

It's just an idea that might be fun.

*I just realized that I bumped this topic. I'm sorry*
Last edited by una on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I'd be up for it, but unfortunately I probably won't be a consistent contestant due to school, work, etc.
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

Hello! :D

I have a suggestion similar to Una's and I was actually going to start it on Deviantart but chose to join here instead -

I hope I'm not breaking rules by posting here... >_> Uhh...

Idea:

A Community Project where we come up with a Beast Wars Theme Challenge. Not 100, but 50, themes, some random, some taken from the show. Everyone who participates creates some work of art that is based on that theme. :3

The Rules:
- Sign up! Let people know you're gonna participate. There could possibly be a thread dedicated to the Project so peeps can share ideas and discuss?
- Every work has to do with Beast Wars!
- You can pick up to two themes!
- If you MUST have a theme that's already taken, you can pick it too, but only if there's only one person working on it. If two people are listed you gotta choose another. You can incorporate pretty much any theme into any artwork anyways. xD
- Fanfics or poems don't have to be super lengthy or especially artsy, but effort must be put into it! Grammar, spelling, plot, atmosphere, I dunno, whatever else! :3

The Goals:

- To get all the themes done, either as visual art or writing.
- To get MORE Beast Wars Fanworks out there!!!
- To let people know that the Fandom has not died!

We could possibly turn it into a contest, I guess, although, if it remains a Project and we set a couple deadlines (like, time to submit art = this Date. If you don't submit your art by this date, your theme will be made available again on the list. And This Date would be like every month or few weeks after the project starts so themes keep cycling of someone isn't drawing or able to draw/write. Then the final Deadline could be in like 5 months). and we coudl make it 100 themes. xD It could be announced next Newsletter! :D Or something. n_n After it finishes, maybe there could be a temporary page or thread where everyone's work is showcased for a while?

Here's a sample list I made:

1. First Impressions
2. Victory!
3. Blackmail
4. Portal
5. Rules
6. Reinforcement
7. Stratosphere
8. Clicks
9. Jungle
10. Destruction
11. Game
12. Agenda
13. Breach
14. Miracle
15. Normal
16. Cost
17. Contact
18. Primus!
19. Concentrate
20. No Energon
21. Temper
22. Flight
23. Sprint
24. Beetle
25. Spy
26. Slam
27. Strength
28. Smile
29. Open
30. Last
31. Bold
32. Harm
33. Badly
34. Soft
35. Love
36. Spark
37. Beast
38. Hunt
39. Lost
40. Just in Time
41. Well, That's just Prime…
42. Quasar
43. Warrior
44. The 3rd Degree
45. North
46. Snow
47. Plains
48. Protoform
49. Visitor
50. Yess….

Oooh, another idea! If another Newsletter comes out just before October, maybe there could be a Halloween Contest! Dunno what the prize would be ..... When I hold contests, I usually offer some kind of small artwork. Like an Adoptable. :3333 Or perhaps they get a really nice ribbon or trophy graphic to display on their page or work or sig or something.
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

That's a really awesome idea! I've never participated in a community project before, but 50 seems like a lot for the number of active members here. What's the deadline? Also, could we have "redesign" as one of the categories? I've always wanted to try redoing some of the Beast Wars/Machines characters!
Dalgaroth

Unread post by Dalgaroth »

Edits = I went back and labeled each section in Bold because I realized I was replying to too much and thinking to fast for me to type legibly, so I'm slowing down and keeping it organized. xD

In Response to Redesign Idea

OOH! OH!

A Redesign would be awesome! I'm redesigning some characters for a fanfic I'm writing, it'd be neat to site down and actually try to draw what I see in my head!

But would that be a separate activity or contest? That'd be really neat! I don't think it'd go with the theme idea though...

About the Theme Challenge and Dates
Hmm...50 is a lot. Maybe for a first time ComProj like that, we could start with something smaller, like 25-30, just to see who comes out of the walls to participate, then if that's a success there could be a bigger project?

I was thinking maybe the Start Date for the Project could be whenever the next Newsletter comes out or maybe there's some Mass Announcement here and on the BWInt page. Then the Turn Over dates could be every four weeks from that date. (If someone finds that they can't complete a Theme, then they say so and it goes back up as Available, but if someone signs up and then disappears into the text of Cyberspace, they could be taken off the list at the Turn Over Date and the Theme made Available again. However, if someoen chooses a Theme and they fully intend to finish and they're active members and they just need time to finish it like any artist/writer, they wouldn't have their names taken off, they'd jsut have until the Due Date! :D) Then the actual Due Date for all submissions to be submitted to whoever's in charge could be...umm...well Art can take quite a while to finish, and yet there might be a Halloween/Thanksgiving/Winter Contest/Project which might conflict with the Theme Challenge...so the Due Date would either be before Winter or after....so..

Start Date: Some time soon, possibly October. Forexample = October 1st.
Turnover Dates: Every Four weeks after that. For Ex = Oct 29th, Nov 26th, Dec 24th....

Realization That There are a Lot of Potential Fun Activities for Us to Do Between Now and Whatever the Challenge Due Date Would Be

Omg. All those Holidays fall right after the Turnover Dates! x-x!!

Resulting Question

So, I guess I have a question:

Do you think BWInt will be doing anything for the Holidays? If so, we could start this project soon, keep the TurnOver Dates simply for organization, but the Due Date could be in several Months and we could keep the Themes at 50 so there's always a Theme to work on. At the same time, since there'd be less pressure to whip something up for the Project, there could be other activities for the upcoming Holidays.

Like for Halloween, I have an idea -

Where I Got the Idea to Add Bold Word Borders for Each Section of Changed Thought

Hold on, let me edit this post so it's not so wonky...

--->Where I continue my Train of Thought<---

Halloween Idea

A Halloween Contest.

Goal:
- To design a Halloween Fuzor Beast Mode given the following limitations and rules.

Rules:

- The main body or dominant part of the beast mode, canNOT be associated with Halloween. For example, the Traditional Halloween animals would be bat, wolf, bugs, spiders, black dog, black cats, snakes, and a few other things I'm forgetting. For examples of dominance - Silverbolt is Wolf with Eagle features, Quickstrike is Scorpion with Cobra features.

- Whatever the second animal you choose is can be any living or dead Earth Creature that has or did have DNA that IS associated with Halloween. For example: You could choose to draw a Chihuahua with Spider features.

- None of the Beast Mode can be simply a Mutated Human (see: Zombie, Vampire, Werewolf, other Weres). That would possibly be for the Robot Mode but not the Beast Mode. :/

- - None of the Beast Mode can be based on ethereal or mythical creatures. (ghosts, Demons, Dragons, made up spirit creatures, etc)

- IT MUST be Functional.

For example - if you DO do a Chihuahua with spider legs, not only does the dominant animal have to be the dog, but you CANNOT simply slap photos together. Make it look like a spiderdog! Natural! An actual spiderdog that, if a Beast Warrior took it as his/her beast mode, it would be useful AND help them blend in because it looks Natural. (or Transmetal. See below.)

- Try to make it Haloweenish. Part of the Challenge is too see how you can use your imagination to turn a nonHalloween animal into a Halloween Animal! In other words, make it creepy or scary or something!

-- There are two options in how you can finalize your piece:

Option 1 - you can make it Transmetal like SB and QS.
Option 2 - You can make it look natural, like what a Season 1 Fuzor might have looked like. :D

- You do not have to make it an OC, or make a Robot Mode, or a char sheet, or even a name for it, but please give it a Title. You won't be judged on anything but the Beast Mode's creativity, detail, and level of Halloweenness. ( i.e. Dun submit a whole white drawing with a tiny drawing in the middle Fill up the page, get some references, and do your best at a size everyone can see.)

- They will not be judged on skill, but no lineart! They must be colored (natural or TM colors, depending on what Option ya chose)! :D

Priiiiizes:

3 Winners!

First Prize - gets a Gold Halloween Trophy for their Profile/Sig/Author's Page with name, winning year, and BWInt at the bottom! :D

Second Prize - a Silver Halloween Trophy with same.

3rd Prize - a Bronze Halloween Trophy with same.

Maybe other prizes to go with that? o_O

End of This Post

So that's my Halloween Idea. n_n Both the Project and the Contest could be announced in the Newsletter or, otherwise, at the same time, because the Project wouldn't be due for several months and the Contest would conclude oooon.... October 29th? And the Winners Announced on Nov. 1st?
Image This egg has a Predacon symbol, yess. Image
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Excellent ideas you three! We'll get one of these contests up and running. Scout's honors!