Unknown Title <--Hardest Part of a Story :P

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unknown Title <--Hardest Part of a Story :P

Unread post by Tor »

Hello,

I have been mulling over the MYRIAD of ways to pull this off, and so I finally closed my eyes and picked the closest one. So I'm not saying this ideally how I'd come to the Beast Wars, but hey, a friend asked me to include her in a story, so I killed to birds with one stone. Now I'm being charged with animal cruelty. Great.

~
Tarantulas snoozed peacefully, his long legs propped up on his eight-screened computer console. They all showed a different program, one predicting the next stasis pod drop, another was a progress bar displaying the development of an improved stasis web. Nothing unusual.

Then, within the time of one optic-blink, one of the screens flashed from analyzing the Vok to report a flare of power nearby. A sharp blare of sound jerked the spider bot awake. He wasn't even fully awake as his practiced hands swept over the familiar keyboard.

A computerized female voice answered Tarantulas's typing, “Power surge in Delta Quadrant.”

“Excellent,” Tarantulas sneered, fully awake and not bothering to hide his contempt, “my alien friends have come out to play.”

~

Tires smoking, Tarantulas screeched to a halt. There was nothing wonderful; not a standing stone was in sight. Not even a patch of grass. Everything was hard packed dirt. Regular dirt.

Tarantulas transformed to his bipedal mode, scanning the area. His computer was never wrong, Tarantulas prided in that had built the console himself, so considering that the system had wrong, and through relation, he was wrong was... unthinkable. He increased the range of his scan.

Almost at once, he detected what had caused the flare. It was slowly making its way to an out cropping of rock.

“Sending some poor creature to do the dirty work,” Tarantulas summarized, not at all feeling sorry for whatever it was. “Soon it shall be doing my dirty work.” Tarantulas vaulted up into the air, landing as a motorcycle, then revved his engine, and sped toward his victim.

~

“A fleshie?!” Tarantulas exclaimed, half in disgust and half in surprise, looking down from the sharp outcropping on fleshbag.

His exclamation reached the human, because it turned around, eyes landing on Tarantulas in a heartbeat.

The squishy was obviously feminine. Her hair braided into a ponytail, two steel gauntlets on her wrists, a sword was pressed to her side, and she had the unbearable air of superiority. She gazed with blunt defiance at Tarantulas, though he was five feet taller than her. He plunged downward, making the ground quiver with an imposing thud. His arachnid legs curled forward, closing in on the human.

“Halt, Spawn of Unicron!” the human held up a hand, and her forehead creased in a frown.

“I-I don't know what you are talking about!” Tarantulas was caught off guard at the sudden shift of power. This fleshling hadn't even given him a chance to attack. She had disarmed him with knowledge, and knowledge was power.

The human ignored him as she withdrew a paper scroll from a pouch slung on her hip opposite her sword. She cleared her throat, “By Royal Decree! The occupants of Nexus Earth must withdrawn any and all claims on said planet (including dwellings, weapons, attachments, etc. etc.). Nexus Earth is hereby off-limits to any and all species unless a citizen of the Empire of Tribuna under her Esteemed Majesty, Hikari, châtelaine of Ibara, and Empress of Ravenna. Three orbits shall be allowed for said evacuation. If anyone sees fit to stay after allotted time, prepare for an official declaration of war. Signed, Zenos, Second in Command. LONG LIVE HIKARI!”

Tarantulas stared, completely nonplussed as the human stowed the scroll back into her pouch. This was ridiculous... “Don't the Vok rule this planet?”

To his surprise, the fleshie didn't completely cow at the mention of the powerful alien race. In fact, the fleshie snarled like a feral wolf and snapped her teeth together. “The Vok,” she spat, “know very well this is our planet.”

Tarantulas's claws twitched. Humans weren't supposed to be able to growl, where they?

“You know the Vok then?”

The female tossed her head, looking like one of those herbivores Tarantulas SO enjoyed eating, “Oh yes. I know them. Tribuna has been trying to eradicate them for centuries. The dirty cheats always spirit away breeders so they can restart their race.”

If he had a proper mouth, Tarantulas would've gaped; this fleshie had actually battled the Vok and defeated them multiple times. His thirst for knowledge was far from sated, so he continued questioning the female, “You've defeated the Vok!?”

“Yes. They've done this before, on our various properties.”

“Why would they be interested in Earth?” Tarantulas reviewed what he knew about the primitive planet. Technically, the only thing useful it could produce was Energon and neither the Vok or the fleshies would truly benefit from it.

The girl looked with disdainful incredulity, “Are you serious? Earth is prime real estate. Ripe for any future developments in new weapons, breeding of subspecies... the list of uses of a this planet goes on. It has so many climates that can restrict different subspecies to the environment they were built to specialize in.” The girl got a misty look as she described her nation's plan. “A whole world to shape, purely from Empress Hikari's brilliant mind.”

“If this property is so wonderful,” Tarantulas narrowed his optic speculatively at the femme, “why haven't we heard from or of you before...?”

“Tribuna has other concerns, vastly more important than this pitiful planet. Our Beta would have been here instead of myself, except he has to negotiate another peace treaty with Warchiking.”

Tarantulas's was an extremely smart bot. He could tell that this fleshie was disciplined, hardened, and not at all friendly. However, she knew all about the Vok. Tarantulas, himself, had been sweating (figuratively of course) finding out only the sparsest information about the aliens, and half of that was pure assumption. He need this fleshie.
~

Soooo. Yesh, this is it. I tried, but like all the little snippets I post, it needs alot more finetuning.

DT
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Razorclaw »

Is the femme...you? :shock:
Death becomes you.
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Heeee.

It is. :P Me and my friends RP sometimes, and we're usually the royalty of a powerful empire, bound for WORLD DOMINATION. Hikari and Zenos are my friends' screenames, and i said I'd write them in a story soon... so I mixed our RP with Beast Wars... But tell me, RC, I does it sound like my empire is like all powerful?

DT