Rule Suggestions

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Rule Suggestions

Unread post by Tor »

Hey PeopleZ!

In an effort to help out or mod/admin, I've created dis thread so we can start fleshing out basic ground rules for all RP posted on BWint. Of course there's a chance dat some of these rules wont be needed, but we'll leave da deciding to da mods/admins.

So lets take it from what we already have:

-No bad words, flaming, or being sexually explicit (ya know da basic rules of da forum)

-Dere will be audition for cannon characters.

-All threads must be labeled IC (In Character) or OOC (Out of character)

Some suggestions:

-Auditions will be 1 week long and sent by PM to da Audition judges: RC, Sky, and TBA (to be announced)

-There must be a 3:1 cannon to OC character ratio until all da cannon characters are filled up.

-Try to stick to da storyline

-Do not make fun of others about proformances in RP (or any other matter); People should try dere best in portrayin dere character

-10 OC limit

So there are some starters. Hope dis helps!
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Tor:

I will be judging the auditions. It was stated before that I volunteered. Not only am I judging, but I'm also auditioning for canon characters. When I am auditioning, Razor One has volunteered to step up and judge my own audition.

I hope that spells it out. I thought that it was clear the last two times that this has come up. >.<
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Oh..

I'm sorry, Sinead... I didn't mean to offend you or anything.... I guess I just wasn't paying attention....

-Dinotor
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Well I'll be a monkey's bondmate! Just when I was looking forward to lurking in RPG, I see this lovely picture.

I wish I could say it was nice to see you again, Kittie Rose, but I would be lying. Didn't we kick your sorry aft out of here ages ago?

Hey Razor, any chance of you being able to fix the log-in options on this section? I don't think anyone's anxious to see this kind of abuse start again.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

*To unknown guest* Okay that kind of language is uncalled for.
I demand cookies!
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Uhm...

Didn't da guest post dis... post twice?

Look, I'm sure Sinead didn't sound as sharp as it seems in type. One of da drawbacks of Forums is you cant hear tone of voice. Guest... or Kittie Rose... Sinead didn't even post back yet so she could support da fact dat she didn't mean to belittle (or whatever word suits you) me.

But I do appreciate dat you stood and spoke up, but yet again I don't believe it was needed.

-Dinotor
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Oh....

Are ya Beastly?

But Sinead loves DINOBOT so she CANT be bad. Dinobot RULES!!! :)

-Dinotor
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Hmph.

Who are dese guest people? Listen, Guest 2, here's da deal, you log on and PM me. We can discuss dis, but dis public abuse is bad bad BAD. I think we should DROP it.

-Dinotor
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

Please Note:

I have deleted all the off topic guest posts within this thread directed and intended to offend a member of these boards.

I will not tolerate personal attacks, especially ones made from such a cowardly angle.

Guest posting has been disabled. Have a nice day.
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Razorclaw »

^_^ THE EPIDEMIC IS OVER! THE PENGUINS HAVE COME OUT OF HIDING! EVERYONE PLEASE REMAIN CALM!

Ok,I have no idea why I just wrote that. :?

On to my real point. We must disscuss how to type during the RP. I suggest third person myself,but that's just me. Here is one sample. (Will post more later)

1:*BEEP BEEP BEEP* I awaken. Time for another glorious day aboard the Darkside! Well,it would be glorious,if it weren't for that incompentant,ragtag group of Maximals,and their "Fearless Leader",Optimus Primal. Bah! No matter. Nothing is going to ruin this day.
Death becomes you.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Or maybe we could use like the scipt style to something like that.

For exmaple:

Skyfire: So now what?

And maybe use italics for describing events and charatcer actions and maybe you use bold text for when the there is a change of location like:

Axalon
Darkside

Just for some ideas.
I demand cookies!
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I guess,personaly,I've used mostly third person:

*Beep Beep Beep* the Darkside's security system shrieked,waking all members of its crew. Megatron yawned and streached,thinking to himself,"Time for another glorious day aboard the Darkside! Well,it would be glorious,if it weren't for that incompentant,ragtag group of Maximals,and their 'Fearless Leader',Optimus Primal. Bah! No matter. Nothing is going to ruin this day."

But I really like your idea of using the ":" to represent a character's speech.
Death becomes you.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

I figured third person would work best.

Example Follows:

Razor One sat on the barstool drinking his radium tipped mech fluid. It was another lousy day in the stinking pit everyone else called Cybertron.

There were days he was like this. Broken, alone, and desperate to forget that he had survived when so many others had died.

"Get me another drink," he slurred to the barkeep.

He'd lost count of just how many he'd had. He was the only still thing in a world that refused to stop spinning. There were times he could still hear the bombs going off, the screams of the dying and the look of the dead.

He had his back to the wall. He couldnt sit anywhere else in a bar, a restaurant, even a bus stop without having his back to a wall where he could see everyone and everything else. Too many nightmares of things sneaking up on him, too many times where things had snuck up on him from behind had made him that way. Anyone... Anyone could be a threat.

He knew what he was suffering. Some called it a programming abberration. Others called it Repair Trauma. Some, overpaid, over rated and under experienced soulless bot in power somewhere had called it "Combat Stress Reaction".

The only thing that matched up in his head that fit perfectly was Shellshock. He was suffering from Shellshock, and the burden of having fought in two wars he could never tell anyone about.

Example End.

Err, yes, went a bit longer then intended, but I got carried away :D
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Are you kidding? That was great! :D *Applauds* Yes,third person is mostly what I've used. But I do like SkyxDB's idea with the collons. We'll need everyone else's input on this,though,before any descisions are made. :arrow:
Death becomes you.
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Of the majority of Board RPs that I've done, they've always used the Third-Person perspective, not the script style. The reason behind that is because then you can really go into detail about thoughts and the actions of your character. I'll be using Third-Person to demonstrate an important rule suggestion.

The "Don't God-Mode" rule.

Example of God-Modeing (in italics):

Agui was more than frustrated at the patient lying upon the medbay berth. He had not only left before she had said he was structurally stable, but the moment he had left the medical compound, he had imbibed himself full of something strong. So of course, since she was his last medic, he was brought back to her.

As Razor One decided that he was going to get up off the table again, Agui none-too-gently pushed him back. "You keep yourself down or I will tie you down. You're nowhere near ready to get back on your feet!"

Basically, what I just did there was take control of someone else's character. That's a frustration that most people don't like to deal with. A better example of what I posted is as follows:

Agui was more than frustrated at the patient lying upon the medbay berth. He had not only left before she had said he was structurally stable, but the moment he had left the medical compound, he had imbibed himself full of something strong. So of course, since she was his last medic, he was brought back to her.

Agui glared down at Razor One with a look that one would claim she had inherited from Ratchet. Of course, nobody could actually prove that she was related to the mech, and it was a great dispute and debate that she never gave an answer to. It amused her to no end to watch the candy-stripers having fits over her latest snarl-fest at a patient that didn't listen to orders. Her hand rested heavily upon Razor's shoulder, hoping that he wasn't going to get up, and trying to dissuade him from doing so by keeping a firm grip around his armor. "You keep yourself down or I will tie you down. You're nowhere near ready to get back on your feet, and I'm shocked that you got as far as that bar!"

And there you have it.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!