The first RP...Vote please! (Limited timing)

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Which of these do you want as our first roleplay?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:16 pm

1.Omega Quarantine
18%
2. Switch all characters' genders
9%
3.Rewrite the Beast Wars
55%
4.Colony Omnicron
18%

Total votes: 11

Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Razorclaw »

Me? :shock: I'm actualy very inexperienced in the worlds of RP. Over half of the RPs I've attemped to get into won't even accept my registration form! :evil:
Death becomes you.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Sorry, I haven't been on all day, because we had Thanksgiving over at my aunt's and after we got home, it took my sister forever to get off the phone. Primus, I hate dial up.

Anyway, I would be okay with RPing as one of my OCs. But I don't know yet if I'll audition as a canon character.

As for auditions, do you think we should have more than one person over see the auditions?

Maybe we could start a topic for the porpuse of auditions as soon as the starter is decided.
I demand cookies!
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Perhaps you and I could take auditions for cannons,Sky?

Never thought I'd ever be asked to audition anyone. :shock:
Death becomes you.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Yeah, I guess you and I could over see the auditions, RC. But do think we should have some one to act as tiebreaker in case you and I can't agree on who should play who.

Also once we get what the RP will be and who is who figured out, we should probably add a topic that explains the rules of the RP.
I demand cookies!
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

I'll go for Rattrap! Only because he's awesome and I play him on another RP. But I'm willing to let someone else who loves him to to play him. If I couldn't play him, however, gimme Airazor. I haven't RPed or written much for her, but I'd like to.

3rd best would be Tigatron.......lol, I know, but hey, whaddya gonna do aboudit?

We could create another thread for this....or just give first dibbs to ppl who claimed characters in this thread.
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

I can help oversee the auditions, if you'd like, and I'd also be auditioning probably for Primal or Rhinox.

*chuckles* Even if I want to audition for Dinobot, I'd rather play against someone who can play him BETTER than I can (which is atm: mediocre). As for an original character, I'd be stuck. I've two that I'd love to use, and both would be fun and interesting to bring into the BW setting. Agui and her father Slipstream. They work okay alone, and yet their package deal is so amazing! *facepalms* Rantage on that one later.

Anywhos. Said what I needed to. XD
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

^__^ :D
Death becomes you.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to have an odd number of people oversee the auditions so there are no ties. I also think that Sinead made some good suggestions and I also think we'll also want a sticky topic for the rules of the RP.

Anyway, I'm willing to play as my OC Skyfire. But I'm debating wether or not to include Triassicus.
I demand cookies!
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I'm planning on playing one of my OCs,but am debating between Razorclaw or Blaze (Who would be so much fun). I also plan on auditioning for one cannon role,most likely a Predacon,but possibly Blackarachnia. :D
Death becomes you.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

I suppose I could step in for when you're doing your Auditions Sinead.

As for characters to play, I'm less inclined to play Canon characters and more inclined to play my OC's.

The trouble we have though if we throw in too many OC's is that we may dilute the original Beast Wars down to almost nothing. We're going to need a bit of a story as to why so many new characters have been throw in all of a sudden, especially if we're all going to avoid the "A new character emerges from the convenient plot device, err, stasis pod" syndrome.

My Idea:

RP with just a few OC's thrown into the Beast Wars at first. Have the remainder of our OC's on Cybertron and dispatch them to Earth at a later time to Rescue the Axalon (we could alter the events of "The Probe" to make it fit, or we could have them dispatched as part of the probe fleet).

Our Predacon OC's could stowaway on such a vessel and just as it reaches Earth, come out of hiding and try to hijack the ship :)

After the inevitable crash landing our OC's could then join the Maximal or Predacon cause, or perhaps form their own, not necessarily allied coalition to mix things up a bit.

I'm not saying of course that we cant introduce OC's via the stasis pod method, but if we're going to have a lot, this idea at least averts that particular Cliche.
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

OOH! OOH! Dibs on Greyback being sub-commander of said rescue vessel. PLEEEEEEEEAAAASE! :lol:

I do agree with you though about OCs. Placing too many in at once might be a bit...chaotic.

.....Should we have a dibbs thread? :D The only reason I want to have Grey as lieutenant is because that's what he is currently in my fic, and he has...issues about that (his commander's a femmebot). You'd have to read my fic to understand, but it can easily be tweaked.

I'm going to create a Character thread, if that's alright. Using Razor's base profile, of course. People can start off with just one OC, and perhaps note down which canon they'd like to play, if any. That way, we can see who wants to play who, and we'd start off with a small number of OCs and add more if we want to.

Sound good? Hope you dont mind, but I'm going to start with Greyback anyway. Just 'cause. :wink:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but is there a limit of OCs allowed?
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

We'll need to generate a list of characters and who's playing whom.

I'll go as far as Season 1 for this post.

If you'll be playing an OC, state whether they come on the rescue craft, via a stasis pod, or were part of the original crews.

I'll look over the thread to see who's doing what after I've had some sleep.

* = Added Later Via Stasis Pod
** = Added Later Via Rescue Craft
^ = OC With Original Cast
^^ = OC Via Stasis Pod
^^^ = OC Via Rescue Craft

Maximals

Optimus Primal
Rhinox
Cheetor
Rattrap
Dinobot
*Tigatron
*Airrazor

Predacons

Megatron
Scorponok
Terrorsaur
Waspinator
Tarantulas
*Blackarachnia
*Inferno
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

Hmkay...I'll pretend to understand what's going on while I nod my head :lol:

Would it be possible to have a few odd TFs on Earth? I mean, it might count as ^, but if no one knew where they were, it could give the other characters motivation to 'get them before they do', y'know?

As for Sinead's question, perhaps just one OC each to start off with before the canons become overwhelmed? :wink:
**JAGNA**rowr
and OP, RT and DB
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I agree. It would be bad to get swamped with OCs in the first few posts. And the "I came from a stasis pod that fell to Earth" thing is so overused! My OC,Razorclaw,is a bountyhunter,and comes in a one-bot ship,searching for Dinobot.
Death becomes you.