Who's your favorite and least favorite Maximal and Predacon?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Demon Man

Who's your favorite and least favorite Maximal and Predacon?

Unread post by Demon Man »

There were a few things similar to this done before, but I decided to just do the whole thing straight on out. Who is everyone's most loved Maximal and Predacon and most hated on each team? Which Maximal/Predacon would you choose above all else, and which one from each side would you get rid of if it was your choice and your choice alone? Oh, and it's optional that a least favorite is not hated, just not as liked as the others, if that's the case with some people. Personally, I'd have it like so...

Favorite Maximal: Cheetor. He's so cute, funny, fast, lovable and quite the loyal helper and friend, plus he's got some great gears and has kicked quite a bit of butt despite his sloppy aim. Not to mention his teenager like voice.

Least Favorite Maximal: Rattrap. Not that I hate him, but I don't like him on the same level I do the others, because he's so obnoxious(even if in a funny way)and he is the least powerful and got way more screen time than some others I like more did. So, good character, but the one I like least.

Favorite Predacon: Megatron. He's cool, forboding and awesome, not to mention cunning and ruthless as heck, as well as someone with great power and effectiveness who never surrenders. Plus, I love his trademark "Yessssss/Nooooooo" catchphrase.

Least Favorite Predacon: Dinobot II. Though his deed of going down with the Nemesis was indeed heroic, I feel he's an insult to the original Dinobot since he is indeed a clone and one made for Megatron's purpose till the very end. It kinda cheapens the honorable death of DB I a little bit.

Anyway, who is YOUR favorite and least favorite Maximal and Predacon? Please not only tell who, but state the reasons why, thank you.
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Well if we're going completely black and white and have to make choices I'd say my favourite character is Dinobot and my least favourite is Quickstrike.

The choices come from basic richness of character. Dinobot starts off at one point, makes mistakes, tries a number of paths, rexamines his life and ultimately dies a hero (that and his penchant for Shakespearean drama). Quickstrike on the other hand I find to be rather annoying and quite bland in a hugely character rich environment. I personally would have much preferred Scorpinok to have remained as Megatron's trusty, yet imbecilic lietenant.
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

I shall not do favs. But I SHALL do least faves:

Maximal: Silverbolt
Predacon: Blackarachnia

..I know, what a thump on the head, right? I used to like Silverbolt, but I dunno what happened, I just can't stand him anymore. And it's funny, I play ihm in an RPG! :lol:

BA: It's only when she's wilt Bolt that I truly can't stand her........don't ask........and BA/SB who hate me for hating them....ask me if I give a hoot! :lol:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
Scourge

Unread post by Scourge »

Favourite maximal: This is tough I can narrow it down to between dinobot, rattrap and depth charge but after that it gets difficult. In the end I say Dinobot, He was cool, he was powerful, he had an interesting personality and story line, plus he had an epic death sequence.

Least favourite maximal: Silverbolt. When he is heroic it is too corny for my tastes. And also I didn't like him to much after he attacked rattrap and cheetor at the end of the second season.

Favourite predacon: It comes down to a close tie between inferno and megatron but ultimately Megatron is my favourite. Why? Because he's Megatron there just isn't any other way to explain it.

Least favourite: Comes down close between scorponok and quickstrike. But I think I will say quickstrike. The reason, I just don't like him as much as the others.
"And now, Optimus Prime, in memory of the Decepticons... for the glory of the Predacons... for the Cybertron that is rightfully ours, and mine to rule! ... I unleash the storm of vengeance -- farewell!"
Purrpalz

Unread post by Purrpalz »

O.k, prepare yourself for my favorite and least favorite list. And please don't hate me for my choices. :!: please :!:

Favorite Maximal: Depth Charge. His attitude appeals to my tomboy side. And his beast mode is adorable :D

Least favorite(s) Maximal: Silverbolt- too sappy it grates on my soul. And I believe BA could do better. Don't ask who I would chose though.
Tigatron- I seem to have started getting an intense dislike for eco-warriors lately. ('cept for Ani Prowl :wink: ) Maybe it's because the government has started lying to us about global warming.

Favorite Predacon: Terrorsaur! I love that flyer so much! Un, he kicks butt. Two, His relationship with Waspinator is hilarious. 3, He is the hottest mech in the series. I could go on, but this is not the thread of magic waffle irons, so I won't.

Least favorite Predacon: Dinobot II. After Terry, I like all Predacons the same, apart from Dinobot II. The reason why I like him a little bit less than the others is because his entire existence cheapened Dinobot I's awsome death.

Thank you for listening.
http://dragcave.net/user/katrina99978

[url=http://www.unicreatures.com/personality.php][img]http://www.unicreatures.com
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

I LOVE you people!!! Silverbolt haterz, yay!
Scourge wrote:And also I didn't like him to much after he attacked rattrap and cheetor at the end of the second season.
*Glomps Scourge* That's MY reason too! :mrgreen:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
Demon Man

Unread post by Demon Man »

I am going to say this not because I hate Silverbolt,(I love him, in fact) but because in a way, all these haters make me glad(for I like Tigatron more, and I did not like Silverbolt taking his place, even though I'd have it they were together on the same Maximal team)

* I shall not do favs. But I SHALL do least faves:

Maximal: Silverbolt

* Least favourite maximal: Silverbolt. When he is heroic it is too corny for my tastes. And also I didn't like him to much after he attacked rattrap and cheetor at the end of the second season.

*Least favorite(s) Maximal: Silverbolt- too sappy it grates on my soul. And I believe BA could do better. Don't ask who I would chose though.

* I LOVE you people!!! Silverbolt haterz, yay!

(sniff)I'm so proud...
artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

My most favorite Maximal would have to be Dinobot. I've always liked him and the show just wouldn't have been as good without him.

My least favorite: Cheetor. I never really liked him. He always annoyed me to no ends and still does.

My most favorite Predacon is Terrorsaur. I love this guy and I wish he wouldn't have died so early. He still had a lot of potental for later on. Plus he's hotter than my mom's kitchen. XD

My least favorite Predacon is Quickstrike. From the very beginning I found him annoying and pointless. He never really did anything important.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Favorite Maximal: Dinobot. Yeah. I'm sure that this comes as a complete shock to you people right? XD Reason behind it: He's a complicated, thought-provoking character.

Least favorite Maximal: *thinks* I'm a fan of them all, but if I was to narrow it down, I would have to say Cheetor, but only within the boundaries of season one. Because he was an immature brat in that span of time, but matured in the other two seasons.

Favorite Predacon: ... watch as Starath freaks out over this one ... Megatron. He's as complicated as Dinobot, and has a very nice voice. I think that it's mainly because I was able to witness David Kaye speaking at Botcon 07, and was really able to see how he talked about the tyrant.

Least favorite Predacon: Easy. Tarantulus and Scorpinok, tied. The first because he's perverted and totally insane, and the second because ... he has no personality.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
darkestjaws90

Unread post by darkestjaws90 »

yea ok. my fav maximal is rhinox 'cause his head floats in space in a episode and he's smart
least fav maximal: RATTRAP he's so annoying
fav pred" W455P1N470R!!!
least fav pred: tarry because he's a perv.
To avoid conversation, i never kept the same password!!! in playstanation, i aways play tf! chocolate and otherwise, sparks that drive you wild! im a killerpreeeee-spark fied agility anytiime! *18 hour guitar solo begins*
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

Sinead wrote:Favorite Predacon: ... watch as Starath freaks out over this one ... Megatron.
*brain-SPAZZ-FZZZZTT* @_@ ...........how'd you know I'd do that?

I, however, agree with your reasons. :wink:

Uh, I think by now it's well-known who my favs are, so I'll skip that. >_>

I don't really "hate" anyone, though. The bot on the absolute bottom of my list is TMII Dinobot. To me he was a cheap imitation of Dinobot I, and screwed up how effective his last episode was. I mean, I know heroes have a penchant for returning from the dead in TF (*cough*PRIME*cough*) but.... I think Dinobot was meant to leave permanently. If the writers of BW wanted him to come back, maybe he shouldn't have left at all. =\

Others I don't adore but enjoy would be Quickstrike, for being so little but PACKED with attitude; Rhinox for being the steady friend; and Cheetor, who we got to watch grow up over the course of the series.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Scorponis

Unread post by Scorponis »

Most Favorite Maximal: Dinobot. I just love the guy. He's one of the most developed characters I have ever seen, not to mention his code of honor is one that should be emulated.

Least Favorite Maximal: This one is hard. I don't really have a least favorite. I do think, however, that Tigatron and Airrazor did not get enough screentime and development as they should have.

Favorite Predacon: Waspinator. I just can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't even really seem like a bad guy at heart. XD After him would probably come Terrorsaur, but just because Terrorsaur's one good-looking mech...And he's tailored after Starscream.

Least Favorite Predacon: Probably Quickstrike, just because he's so one-dimensional. Tarantulus also scares me because of his insane laughter.
"What kind of geek goes and reads Hamlet after hearing Dinobot spiel off lines?"
"..."
"Oh nevermind. Why did I even ask?"

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdinobotclub.gif[/img]
No_Way

Unread post by No_Way »

Hi all,

i haven't made my personal profile topic but i will.

In details
Season 1
Maximal (Best to least) - Rhinox, Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Cheetor, Tigatron, Airazor, Dinobot
1-Rhinox : Big guy, peacefull but have a double pistols minigun. Hard hitter.
2-Optimus Primal : Fearless leader, cool look but get in second because he is too ideologist.
3-Cheetor : Nice beast mode, can be a kamikaze. On another side, he miss too much and he is the kid.
4-Rattrap : Fun element of the serie on the maximal side. (his relation with Dinobot) Love the little James Bond he can be but he always think he's gonna die (too much)
5-Dinobot : Big, great warrior. Don't like his voice and his teeth. He don't have great weapon other than his sword.
6-Airazor : She look weak, we don't see her making something really cool (other than saving Rhinox in her debut episode)
7-Tigatron : Love too much the nature, fight more !

Predacon (Best to least) - Megatron, Scorponok, Terrosaur, Waspinator, Tarantulas, Black Arachnia, Inferno
1-Blackarachnia : Hello sexy ! Love the way she play. Hands are ugly however.
2-Megatron : Have something charismatic for a bad guy. Sometime incompetent as a leader.
3-Terrosaur : I love his big rifle and the sound of his shoulder gun. Voice is annoying.
4-Inferno : Good firepower and voice. Beast mode is ugly and royalty gimmick is not funny after 2 episode or so.
5-Tarantulas : He is nasty. The color is ugly, don't like the way they always close up on his lips.
6-Waspinator : Not charismatic for anything other than one or two laugh.
7-Scorponok - Incompetent second. No personality.

Season 2
Maximal (Best to least) - Rhinox, Optimus Primal TM, Rattrap TM, Cheetor TM, Tigatron, Airazor, Dinobot, Silverbolt
1-Silverbolt : Awsome beast mode. Look cool in robot, honor and try to hook the chick.
2-Cheetor TM : Cool beast mode but i don't like the face in robot mode. Hands are ugly.
3-Rattrap TM : Better than his previous version. Love the sound of the car mode.
4-Rhinox : Still cool but he don't fight much this season. He don't get a TM version :(
5-Dinobot : You don't know what is it side...but the way he day is honorable.
6-Optimus Primal TM : Too shiny, short legs, face don't look like a Optimus. Weapons : Maces...what, Pistol look like a garbage with a pole.
7-Tigatron : He deverve what happened
8-Airazor : She deserve what hapenned

Predacon (Best to least) - Megatron TM, Waspinator, Tarantulas TM, Black Arachnia, Inferno, Quickstrike, Rampage
1-Rampage : Pure bot killer. I loved to see him get his spark back.
2-Megatron TM : Still the same just with a new body.
3-Blackarachnia : She still the same but she change side.
4-Quickstrike : Funny but stupid. The smallest
5-Tarantulas : Cool body but cheap weapon (his wheel). Still nasty.
6-Inferno : Replace Scorponok as second and Terrosaur as Waspinator partner. Still don't like it.
7-Waspinator : Still getting killed and still come back...why ?

Season 3
Maximal (Best to least) - Rhinox, Optimal Optimus, Rattrap TM, Cheetor TM2, Tigerhawk, Silverbolt, Depthcharge, Black Arachnia TM2
1-Silverbolt : Can't say why !
2-Optimal Optimus : Look like the old Optimus Prime, many modes. I loved to see his transformation in TM2.
3-Blackarachnia TM2 : What a chick ! I know why many guy check her when she walk away. Her obsession for TM2 is just to must explored is the season.
4-Depthcharge : His voice and weapons. Beast mode look dumb and he probably can ended the war by getting down the Nemesis. His anger got over all.
5-Rattrap TM : Still the same, sword/whip is useless.
6-Rhinox : Don't fight or not very much. He his a tank.
7-Cheetor TM2 : Best beast mode look for him. In robot mode his face is just ugly (at last he get puberty).
8-Tigerhawk : He think he can stop all thing by himself. He deserved what happened.

Predacon (Best to least) - Megatron TM2, Waspinator, Tarantulas TM, Inferno, Quickstrike, Dinobot TM2, Rampage
1-Megatron TM2 - What a look and he his stronger than Optimus.
2-Rampage : Still the same deserve what happened.
3-Tarantulas TM : We finally know his true nature.
4-Quickstrike : Can't neutralize someone but still made me laugh.
5-Dinobot TM2 : Eye laser...WTF ! Best mode don't look like one.
6-Inferno : Still at the bottom.
7-Waspinator : He deserve to be killed once and for all.

Beast Machine (Still have the last 7 episodes of season 2 to see on my dvd so thing may change)
Season 1
Maximal (Best to least) - Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Black Arachnia, Cheetor, Nightscream
1-Blackarachnia : Hello baby, still chick after all. Go close fighters but 6 eyes is to much.
2-Cheetor : Both mode look nice. I love the way they take advantage of his speed (finally), but i don't like the way he push Optimus out of his role.
3-Nightscream : Beast mode is okay, robot mode with hair is just...NO ! He is powerfull howerver.
4-Optimus Primal : Still have his jetpack...Too much idealist for me and i don't like his attack.
5-Rattrap : Beast mode is okay but robot mode is just plain ugly. His face...and he don't have any weapon and still the weaker of the group.

Predacon/Vehicon (Best to least) - Megatron, Tankor, Thrust, Jet Storm
1-Jet Storm : His voice is cool and he love to fight for nothing.
2-Thrust : His voice and vehicule mode but pink is not in my primary choice.
3-Megatron : Humm, not enough in robot mode for him.
4-Tankor : Look stupid, we find he his Rhinox but don't listen to anyone...sad to kill Rhinox this way.

Season 2
Maximal (Best to least) - Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Black Arachnia, Cheetor, Nightscream, Silverbolt, Botanica, Noble
1-Cheetor : Grown Up a bit and leave the command to Optimus.
2-Blackarachnia : Hello sweety. Still the same but her obsession about Trust take too much of time.
3-Noble : At first, it's too visible it's Megatron but after the spark leave he become cool but still uncontrolable.
4-Optimus Primal : Still the same
5-Nightscream : Still the same no new trick and no hair cut
6-Rattrap : Still the same with no weapon...
7-Silverbolt : What happened to him. Purple bot who don't love his girlfriend again. Robot/Beast are ugly. I don't like him in this serie.
8-Botanica : Powerfull and cute but i've only seen her in one episode so far...

Predacon/Vehicon (Best to least) - Megatron Spark, Thrust/Waspinator
1-Thrust : Cool dude but they have to get it in beast (maybe later)
2-Megatron Spark : What is this, the idea is cool at first but i don't like this.

Sorry about my english, i'm french and i already know my english is bad.

Have a nice day !
Beastly

Unread post by Beastly »

least fav
Pred: Quickstrike
have u seen him run!!! lol

Max:
tie tigertron/airazor needed more air time to develope the characters
7Knight-Wolf

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

Wow, that's tough! I love all the maximals! :!: Well, I'll try...

Favorite Maximal: torn between Tigatron, Silverbolt and Dinobot. It's hard but I'm going to have to say...Silverbot. (Sorry Jagna.) Silverbolt is corny sometimes, but that's what makes him funny. Plus, I adore his good and faithful heart. Probably my favorite thing about Silverbolt is that he's different. He's totally unique among all the Beats Warriors...I guess that's why so many people around here don't understand him. :roll:

Least Favorite Maximal: Rattrap. He's hilarious and I love to imitate his voice, but he's just too insensitive for my taste.

Favorite Predacon: Blackarachnia!!!!!!!!!!!! The romance between she and Silverbolt is so amazing, and it's nice to have a girl around. I love it how she was "redeemed"! *sniffs* (It was close between BA and Waspinator. I feel sorry for Waspinator and I was happy at the end when he left the Preds.)

Least Favorite Predacon: Quickstrike. Besides being just plain mean with no cause, which makes him uninteresting, his laugh gets on my nerves.