Cybertronian Civil War part 7: Walden County

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

7Knight-Wolf

Cybertronian Civil War part 7: Walden County

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

The Cybertronian Civil War Part 7: Walden County

(RECAP: a war breaks out on Cybertron after robot terrorists attack several cities. The last survivor of the Axalon knows the identity of the Terrorists. The human Chris joins Maximals Topazor and Springer. After a run-in with the evil Predacon Megatron, the team meets Cheetor on Earth. Is Cheetor the last survivor of the Axalon?)
Cheetor led Chris, Topazor, and Springer out of the brushy wilderness. The three bots and the human approached many acres of ranching land. Sheep grazed on the flatlands and their bleating lent a strange background symphony to the scene. The afternoon sun made the sky into a blaze of white light, and beat down on the short, tough grass. In the distance, brush-woods and great red canyons marched across the landscape. It was sweltering.

“This is the beginning of Walden County,” said Cheetor airily. “There are a few ranchers here. And a café or two. And lots of sheep. See that ranch-house up there? Chris’s older brother, Ben, runs a restaurant there. Let’s stop in.”

“Pardon me, but why don’t we talk right here?” asked Topazor. “If you’re not a secret agent, then let’s get this over with and go back to Cybertron. We don’t exactly have a lot of time.”

Cheetor answered, “I promised Ben that I would bring back any Cybertronians I could find. You can explain to us what’s up on Cybertron.”

Topazor looked at Chris. “So, your brother Ben is the one who knows so much about robots, right? He used to work for the Cybertronian military, and he gave you the Coding device.”

“That’s right,” said Chris shortly. “Even though Ben retired out in the middle of nowhere, he quickly became the county’s hero. Everybody looks up to his leadership skills.”

By and by the three bots and Chris reached the Ben’s café. It was a long, single-story building, and the inside was quite cool. There were several tables. Above the bar was a menu which boasted things quite common to the rapidly-advancing Earth, such as energon snacks for visiting robots. The café was empty besides a few workers—and Ben himself.

Cheetor sat down at a table in a secluded corner. Topazor and Springer followed suit, but Springer was too big for the chairs. “I guess being a strapping warrior comes with a few sacrifices,” he grinned.

Ben joined the group at the table. He was in his early forties, but his face looked much older. His nose was sharp, his eyes stern, and there was a few days growth of grayish beard under his grimly-set mouth. “Hello, little brother,” said Ben in his dry voice.

Chris did not answer.

Cheetor smiled at Ben and said, “I found two Cybertronians. They’ll tell ya what’s going on.”

Ben’s stern eyes shifted to Topazor. “Start explainin’.”

Topazor began, “Sir, there is a war on Cybertron: a three-way civil war. Several cities were attacked, but the identity of the attackers is unknown. After renaming herself Empress, Vice-President Airsweep set out to destroy the Predacons. She thinks the Predacons are the terrorists.”

“So the Predacons and the Government are fighting?” asked Ben. “Then who’s the third army aligned with?”

Topazor bowed his head. “I’m ashamed to say—the third army is Maximal. The Maximal Reformists believe that purging Cybertron of the current government is the only way to bring peace. They destroyed the Cybertronian Dome in the hope of killing great politicians like me. So you see, it’s Maximal vs. Predacon vs. government.”

Ben’s face never changed. “Do you know anything else?”

“Yes sir,” answered Topazor. “This is where Chris comes in. Chris worked for a company which sold weapons to the Terrorists. Chris didn’t want to sell the weapons, so he was kicked out.”

“But I heard that somebody else was kicked out for the same reason,” said Chris. “That somebody is the last survivor of the Axalon. Hopefully, that survivor can tell us who the Terrorists are. We thought that Cheetor was the last survivor. On the way here we got captured by Megatron, but we got away. And that’s everything that happened so far.”

There was a long silence as Ben processed the news. “Now for my part of the story,” he said. “Sydney and other cities have been attacked. Probably, they were attacked by the same terrorists who messed with Cybertron. That’s all I know.”

Now it was Topazor’s turn to ask a question. “Hey Ben, Chris has a special coding device called a DR-C; did YOU give it to him?”

Ben replied, “Yes. People might come after me if I had something as special as a DR-C. And if people came after me, then my county would be in danger. For the sake of my county, I gave the DR-C to Chris. Maybe that was a mistake. I understand Chris has been runnin’ with the gangs on Cybertron.”

Chris argued, “Ben, I betrayed those thugs. I’ve changed—”

“Hold your tongue,” snapped Ben venomously. “How dare you try to look innocent! If you and your gangs hadn’t sold those dangerous weapons, we wouldn’t be havin’ this conversation!”

Chris got up and left the café.

“That was pleasant,” remarked Springer.

Topazor wasn’t in the mood to watch brother-feuds or enjoy sarcastic comments. Impatiently, Topazor asked, “So what should we do now? Cheetor, aren’t you the last survivor of the Axalon? Don’t you know the information we’re looking for?”

Cheetor sighed heavily. “I feel bad for costing you all this trouble, guys. I’m not the bot you’re looking for. As a matter of fact, there’s another survivor besides me. And he’s up on Cybertron. Haven’t you guessed who he is? The one who’s always been the dirty low-down spy is Rattrap!”

A shocked silence filled the room. It seemed so ironic that careless old Rattrap would be so critical to the plan! The shock lessened after a few seconds.

Topazor announced, “We’d better get back up to Cybertron then. The fate of this war could be depending on Rattrap.”

“Haven’t you forgotten something?” asked Ben. “There’s no way outa this place right now. Boys, there are no ships in this county.”

Topazor growled irritably. “I don’t have time to be stuck here! Cheetor, can’t you run to some up-to-date place and get a ship?”

“Sure,” said Cheetor. “I’ll find you a ship after a quick snooze. Ben has a couple CR-chambers, so we can all rest up,” he added.

“Good,” Topazor sighed. “Springer and me will leave as soon as we have a ship. Ben, you can protect your county. As for Chris, I don’t know what he’ll do.” Then the wolf-bot went to find the CR-Chamber.
The next morning, Cheetor was ready to go look for a ship. “I’ll be back in just a few days,” he told Topazor. Transforming to beast mode, he galloped off on his long cat-claws, aided by the propelling force of the jets on his back.

Chris looked thoughtful. “Hey Topazor, Cheetor obviously isn’t the guy we thought he was. He’s been here on earth for years. ….But I still he’s think he’s hiding information. What has Cheetor been up to all these years…? I mean, he’s got to know something.”

Old Ben stood with his hands thrust in his deep pockets. “Chris, you may be a stupid little jerk,” he said, “but you’re still sharp. Cheetor has been conducting studies of his own down here fer some time. I don’t know what it all means.”

“Well,” said Topazor, “At least we understand the war. Soon we’ll have a ship, and we can ask Rattrap who the real Terrorists are. Even though Cheetor may be mysterious I think we’re on the right track.”
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I'm sure Rattrap, if it is indeed him, will only have had good intentions.

Chris and Ben don't get along well, huh? Hee hee hee
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]