Bodyguard chapter 1

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bodyguard chapter 1

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

A fic I wrote last summer and finished this week. I'm not even going to bother putting up the link because nobody looks it up anyway but if you really need to know the fic is also on Fanfiction.net and is complete. When I first started it it was going to be one of those fangirl goes into bw universe sorta thing but as I wrote I changed my mind and made it a more series fic. I am very satisfied with the result and have over 200 reviews to show for it. Since so many people on fanfiction liked it I decided to put it up on here for people who haven't read it on the sight or even have a fanfiction account.

Summary
Dinobot is unwillingly ordered to be the bodyguard of a human girl but he soon finds out she's more trouble than she's worth. Will he learn to tolerate her or will he wind up killing her before then?

CHAPTER 1

Riiiiiiiiiing!!!

The school bell rang signaling the end of another school day. Yume stopped doodling on her algebra paper and quickly gathered her books together, being sure to stow the doodle in the back pocket of her backpack. She quickly made her way out of the classroom and into the hall before the teacher could call to her to stay. She headed to her locker and stowed her books in it then locked the door and headed outside. She was in a hurry to get home and finish the sketches she was working on for something in art class as well as finishing the math homework she forgot to do the night before and that night's as well.

She headed down the front steps and made her way down the sidewalk as fast as she could. She knew she had to hurry before her tormenters, the three people that always seemed to think it was their duty in life to make her miserable, figured out where she was. She decided to take the shortcut through the park and turned left at the end of the block, looking both ways before she crossed the street. Once there she walked for a bit then looked around to make sure she hadn't been followed. She hadn't been. She sighed in relief and stopped in her tracks.

They won't find me here... she thought, sitting down on a bench by the fountain and pulling out her sketch book.

She flipped to the picture she'd been working on, pulled out her pencil, and started to finish the sketch, trying her best to remember all the details. "All I have to do is-"

"Working on your lame art again, nerd?" a voice demanded.

Yuma looked up from her sketch and found herself staring into the faces of her three tormenters, Samantha, Paris, and Lenore, three blond preppies who thought they were the best looking girls in the whole school. Yume thought they looked like plastic clones. "What do you guys want?" she demanded, glaring up at the three girls.

"What's that?" Paris asked, snatching the sketch away from Yume and looking at it. "What the hell? This thing is ugly! What is it suppost to be?"

"It's a robot!" Yume replied, getting up and trying to grab the sketch back. "Now give it back!"

Paris held it just out of her reach. "What kind of robot?" she asked, turning the page upsidedown. "It looks like it's trying to be a dinosaur."

"It's a dinosaur droid!!" Yume exclaimed. "That's why!"

"What's a dinosaur droid?" Lenore asked.

"Nothing you three have ever heard of," the girl replied, getting her hand on the edge of the pad and pulling it toward herself. "Now let go!"

Paris didn't loosen her grip on the book and Yume heard a loud riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip before she fell back, holding the bottom half of the picture she'd been drawing. She looked at the picture, only spotting legs. "Now look what you've done!" she exclaimed.

"Serves you right," Paris sniffed, tossing the rest of the pad at the girl's feet. "You shouldn't have tried to pull it away." The girls turned to go. "See you around, loser."

Yume held back tears as she picked up the pad and fitted the ripped part back onto the paper. "I'm going to have to fix this when I get home," she said, standing up and stuffing the sketchbook into her backpack. She brushed a strand of black hair out of her gray eyes and started walking, stepping into the small wooded pathed area to get out of the sun and away from anyone before they could see her cry.

"Why do they have to be that way?" she asked, wiping her eyes as she leaned against a tree. "I never did anything to them and they constantly have to get on my case about things I like! Maybe it's because most things I like are considered something only guys would like. Well that's not true. Girls can like robots too!" She wiped her eyes again then pushed herself away from the tree, telling herself that she really needed to get home.

Re-adjusting the strap on her backpack she headed down the path, not really paying attention to where she was going. Suddenly her black booted foot hit something and she was sent sprawling. "Ow!" she wailed, landing on her stomach. "That hurt." she pushed herself into a sitting position. "What was that?" she looked over her shoulder and saw something metallic glittering under the dirt. "Huh? What's that?" she sat up and started unearthing the object. She picked it up and took a look at it.

It looked like some sort of metal cube. It was a shiny black color and one side held a small red button like object. It reminded her of a rubix cube. "Who would burry such a thing here?" she asked herself out loud. "I wonder if some kids decided to play scabinger hunt." she looked around and chuckled to herself. "I think I'll ruin their fun."

She started to put the cube in her backpack when her finger accidently pushed in the red button. She heard a beeping sound and felt the cube whiring in her hand. She froze then brought the thing back to her face. The cube was suddenly glowing in different colors. What in the world?

Suddenly a void in space seemed to open and before Yume could do anything or move she was sucked in and darkness overtook her.
When Yume opened her eyes she found herself in a strange enviroment. It looked nothing like the park where she'd been standing only a few minutes ago. The trees were too tall and close together. Where am I? she thought, sitting up and looking around. What happened? How did I get here? Her eyes fell on the rubix cube looking item she'd unearthed in the park. It glowed with a bluish light then went dark, returning to its normal colors and features. "What in the world?" she reached down and picked it up, giving the item a good look. It seemed like a normal rubix cube to her, minus the colors. But why did it glow like that and why did it distort everything and bring me here? she looked around herself again. "Where am I anyway? The Redwood Forest in California?" she stood up and pulled her backpack back on, which lay on the grass beside her. "I guess I'd better get going. If I find a clearing maybe I'll try to call home and see if anyone can come get me or something..." she started walking.

About a half hour later she exited the forest and found herself staring at a strange landscape. "What in the world?" she exclaimed, staring at the geography. "Did I land in the Savanah?" she looked around herself a little slower and spotted snow capped mountains as well as an ocean far off in the distance. These things told her she wasn't in Africa or anywhere near it. "But where am I really?" she asked herself. "And how did I get here?" she looked at the object in her hand. "Was I abducted by aliens?"

Suddenly a screeching sound from above startled her out of her thoughts. She looked into the sky and spotted a giant red dinosaur-like bird flying above her. "What the heck?!" she exclaimed. "Dinosaurs!?" The dinosaur spotted her and something strange suddenly happened to it. It seemed to change form and took on a more metallic shape. "WHAT THE HECK?! Robot dinosaurs?!"

The robot dino let out another screeching sound and Yume spotted two red bolts of light coming at her. Before she could figure out what they were, the bolts hit the ground at her feet and exploded, sending her sailing through the air. She screamed until she landed on her stomach on the ground, the wind being knocked out of her. She grabbed her stomach and gasped for air as she sat up, looking into the sky for the robot. That thing shot at me! She spotted two more bolts of light coming toward her and scrambled to her feet, getting out of their way as fast as she could.

The ground behind her exploded and she was once again sent sailing. This time she landed behind some rocks that served as protection from the fire power for the moment. She sighed and pushed herself back to her feet, only to find herself face to face with a giant wasp!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" she screamed, scrambling backward as fast as she could. "Mutant bee!"

"Mutant bee? Where?" the wasp said, looking back and forth. "Waspinator sees no bee."

"Oh my god! A talking bee!" she exclaimed, jumping to her feet and running. "I gotta get out of here!"

"Wait!" the wasp called to her. "Waspinator wants to know where bee is!" she heard a metallic noise behind her and looked over her shoulder just in time to see the big wasp turn into a robot.

She screamed again and ran faster. "This is insane!" she exclaimed. "Robotic flying dinosaurs! Giant talking wasp robots! What next giant? Talking spider robots?!"

"I don't know," said a voice to her left. The girl looked over to a rock formation and spotted a giant magenta and yellow tarantula climbing on the rocks. "What would you do if you saw one?" then that bug transformed too!

"Oh my god!" she gasped.

The spider robot laughed then shot something at her.

The girl screamed and ducked, avoiding the thing he'd shot at her by inches. She looked in the direction it had gone and spotted a blue and white spider web stuck to a rock. Only one conclusion came to mind at that. "IT'S GONNA EAT ME!" she shrieked, changing course. "I gotta get out of here!"

She jumped over some rocks and started running in a different direction. She heard that flying robot dinosaur screeching something above her and looked back just in time to see the robots vaulting over the rocks she'd just jumped over. "What's with these things?" she asked herself out loud. "Don't they have something else to do?" she looked around for a place to hide.

Suddenly the ground came to an end and Yume stopped just in time to avoid falling off a cliff. "Whoa!" she exclaimed, flailing her arms to keep her balance. "That's some drop!"

She heard that robot bird again and looked back the way she had come. The three insane robots were closing in and the girl had nowhere to run. "Oh crap," she moaned, looking around for options. "What am I going to do now?"

The robots were getting closer. She really didn't want to get shot at by them or eaten by the spider but what was she going to do? She looked down at the drop again then back at the robots, weighing her options. Get her guts sucked out by a robot spider or fall to her death? If it wasn't her she probably wouldn't have chosen the latter. She looked at the robots one last time then took a deep breath, turned around, and jumped!

How long she fell she didn't know but just when she thought she'd fall forever she landed on something. Something that let out a pained sound when her weight was added to it. Yume froze for a moment, gasping for breath and surprised that she was still alive then opened one eye. A big white eye with a cat puple stared into her own. A tiny scream escaped her throat and she moved her head back. Now she saw that the owner of the eye was a raptor!

The girl screamed loud and long. The raptor made another sound and jerked violently. Yume fell off its back and when her rear hit the ground she scrambled backward using her feet and elbows until her back ran into a rock and she couldn't go back anymore. She stared in fear at the raptor as it seemed to get over being deafened and stared at her. Her heart almost stopped at the piercing glare it shot at her.

Then. It spoke! "What in the infernal are you?!" it demanded in a growly, demonic sounding voice.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed, putting a hand over her heart. "It can talk too!"

The raptor seemed to be unable to think of anything to say to that. Instead it demanded again. "What are you?" and this time when it demanded this it got closer, looming over her.

"I...," the girl stammered, her heart pounding in her chest. "I... I-'m a g-girl..."

"A girl?!" it said, giving her another piercing look. "You..." it stopped a moment then came to a conclusion. "You are a human are you not?" it asked in a tone that made it sound like he was stating fact instead of asking a question.

"Y... yes," she said.

"What is a human doing here?" the raptor asked itself, seemingly ignoring her a moment. "It is not time for them to be..." he looked back at her. "How did you get here?"

"I... Don't eat me!" she exclaimed when its face got too close.

"Eat you?!" it exclaimed, giving her a look that made her think it thought she was stupid. "I am not going to eat you, fool!" it made a snarling sound and its face got even closer.

Yume flinched and closer her eyes, putting her arms over her head to protect herself. Just perfect! I made it mad!
A clawed hand wrapped around her wrist and she felt herself being pulled to her feet. For a moment she let her weight take over and her balance was off then she finally decided not to do anything to make it madder and regained her balance then opened her eyes as the raptor let her go. "Th...thank you...," she stammered, staring at the raptor's brown and tan face.

It made a low gutteral sigh then turned to go. "I-" it began but was interupted by a screeching sound above.

The two looked into the sky and the girl spotted the flying dino robot hovering above.

"A Predacon!" the raptor exclaimed then suddenly changed shape. Yume watched it transform into a giant brown, gold, silver, and blue robot that pulled out a long silver drill like sword. It looked down at her and when she saw its red eyes boring into her, she screamed in fear and ran behind some rocks out of terror. "Oh my god!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around herself to keep warm as she started to shiver. "Everything is a robot here!"

She heard explosions and lazer noises from the other side of the rock, just then, and chanced a peek.

The raptor robot was shooting green lazers from his eyes and trying to hit the flying dinosaur robot who avoided all the beams. It laughed insanely and shot at the raptor robot who dodged. As Yume watched she silently cheered on the raptor for some weird reason, probably because he hadn't tried to eat or shoot at her. When the flying robot started shooting again she ducked back behind the rock.

This is bad! she thought, listening to the two fight. If that flying wacho wins I'm dead and if that roboraptor wins I'm dead as well. What am I going to do? I hope neither win. she sighed. "But what can I do?"

BOOOMM!!!!!

An explosion sent debrees falling behind the rock where she was sitting. She screamed and covered her head to protect it. She heard a grunt then that lazer sound again then a squaking sound. She didn't know what had happened and wasn't about to look. She didn't know who had won and didn't care. If she had any luck they'd blown up each other and she'd only have to worry about that giant wasp and spider. She decided to wait a few minutes before she started moving again, just to make sure the monsters were truely gone. Then, just as she was about to open her eyes and get going, a hand reached down and grabbed her arm. She felt clawed fingers dig into her flesh and she screamed with fear and pain as she was yanked out of her hiding place.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" she screeched, struggling against the hold. She swung her leg and it came in contact with something metallic. A loud clanging noise filled the air then a growl. The growl she recognized, even though she would have prefered not to.

She opened her eyes and stared into the blue frowning face of the transforming roboraptor. She started to wimper as he glared at her then pleaded. "Please don't kill me..."

"I am not going to kill you," he said, his voice full of annoyance. "You would not even be worth the trouble it would take to run you through." he made that noise again. "Killing you would be as satisfying as playing tag.."

"Then what are you going to do to me?" she asked. Yume saw sparks flying from his left shoulder and he flinched. "Are you hurt?" she asked.

"It is not serious," he said. "but I should get it fixed anyway." he started moving, still grasping her arm.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked, watching the ground fly by below her.

"To someone who will know what to do with you..."

That's it for chapter one if you like it I'll put up chapter two. If you don't want to wait I'll give you the fanfiction link. Let me know either way. Thanks.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
Nyx

Unread post by Nyx »

Hey! I've seen this at Fanfiction.net! I've yet to finish but It's so cool! :D