Hmm...Its a new member, yay.

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Wistwin

Hmm...Its a new member, yay.

Unread post by Wistwin »

Sooo, hello all! I'm Wistwin and I've actually been lurking around here for a while now, I've only joined now though.

Hmm...judging by the things I've seen around here, I've only one thing to say: Please go easy on me! Eep.

Some random stuff about me...Well, I'm only just entering the teenage age group and I'm an avid fanfiction writer and reader. I also draw. As in lot. I'm also the one responsible for that Star Trek: Voyager crossover with Beast Wars on fanfiction.net.

I'm a Filipino by birth and a Chinese-Filipino by blood, and so far, I think I'm the first in the Philippines to join this forum.

My top 5 favorite Beast Wars characters are, in order, Megatron, Dinobot, Tarantulas, Waspinator and Rampage.

In case anyone's interested...here's my story on discovering Beast Wars:
My first ever encounter with Beast Wars was...oh, around three years ago. At that time, the only show I had eyes for was this anime called Battle B-daman, and I was watching the webisodes on the Hasbro website.

I knew nothing about Transformers at that time.

So, while watching the webisodes, I accidentally clicked on the link "Transformers Armada." This opened a video and the first thing I saw was a 3D cheetah. My expression at that time: O_O What the heck...?!

I completely ignored it and returned to the other webisodes.

Then, three years later, I was still completely outside the world of Transformers. The trailer for the live-action Transformers film came out. My first reaction was, "Hey! I've seen something like that before!"

A few weeks later, we went and watched it. I was completely entranced and enchanted by it.

When I got home, the first thing I did was go online and search for random fanfics. For about three weeks, all I knew was Transformers 2007, and during that time, I fell completely in love with the character of Megatron. So, one fateful day, I did a search with the keyword Megatron on fanfiction.net...

I really have to thank Starath for this, even though I've never really come into contact with her.

The VERY FIRST fic about Beast Wars I'd ever read was "What to do when you meet Megatron."

It made me laugh, it made me smile, it made me grin, and it made me want to know just who the heck Inferno, Rampage and the Predacons were.

I didn't bother finding out until a few weeks later, when I started wondering about the Beast Wars that came after the word Transformers in the fanfic category. A quick search on Wikipedia told me what I wanted to know, and, with thanks to my younger sister, I finally got to watch the show on Youtube.

Three long years and a few months after my first encounter with Beast Wars, I finally got into it. It also got me into G1.

It's funny, if I hadn't been so close-minded three years ago, I could have discovered Beast Wars earlier. Must be fate for me to discover it anyway,

Come to think of it...why the slag was it under the name Transformers Armada anyway? :roll: Hasbro... :roll:

That image of Cheetor is forever stuck in my head...now if only I can figure out what episode it was from...
Thank you Fate, I've discovered Beast Wars thanks to you.
Daughter of Darkness

Unread post by Daughter of Darkness »

Hi, Wistwin! I'm Daughter of Darkness, aka D-Chan. Nice to see you here!

Wierd, I had the same kind of thing happen to me when I first discovered Beast Wars.
I was really young the first time I saw Beast Wars. The only image in my head was a robot girl that looked like a spider. Three years on, I watched Beast Machines, and the spider-lady was still there. Still nothing triggered an interest until later on in life...

I was watching some transformers stuff on YouTube when I noticed one vid titled "Beast Wars - Feral Scream pt.2". I watched it, and after awhile began to rent Beast Wars videos and search through wikipedia or any website I could get info from. Then I saw her--The spider lady. I came to know her as Blackarachnia. From then on, I began frantically searching the net for any fanclubs or forums, and I found this one! Now, I write fanfics and make AMV Tributes (if Movie Maker doesn't stuff up...XP). And it's all thanks to Sapph and Blackarachnia for helping me get here.
So, yeah, that's basically it! :D :D Welcome to BWInt!

-D-Chan xx
"You No has highliter. I lol at u!"-Me in science class on Friday 13th June.
[img]http://www.bwint.net/depthchadopt.jpg
[/img]
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdinobotclub.gif[/img]
Wistwin

Unread post by Wistwin »

Hi! Thank you! ^_^

I think that actually happens more often than we think, you know, we encounter something early on, but we only get a small glimpse of it...Then, sometime later, that's when we finally discover what that really was.

Spider-lady, XD
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Hmm...judging by the things I've seen around here, I've only one thing to say: Please go easy on me! Eep.
My top 5 favorite Beast Wars characters are, in order, Megatron, Dinobot, Tarantulas, Waspinator and Rampage.
I was going to volunteer myself to be your body guard, Wistwin, because of your first statement, but since you like a lot of the tough bad guys, I don't think you need my help. :wink: :lol: At any rate, welcome to BW Int! I'd love to see your art sometime. I'm very much into that hobby as well. ^_^
"Well, that's just prime!"
Rivet

Unread post by Rivet »

Welcome to the boards! I remember how I got into Beast Wars. I saw a few episodes on TV, was absolutely IN LOVE with Dinobot (or more specifically, his beast mode; I used to be obsessed with dinosaurs XD), but stopped watching due to heartbreak when I saw the "Maximal, No More" episode where he became a Predacon again. Turned the TV off when I saw him kneel, and didn't watch it again for awhile. A while later I saw an episode coming on, thought "Hey, maybe things turned out for the better and he came back!" turned it on to see-- of course-- the last episode where Dinoclone DIES. I thought it was the real Dinobot, though, so I cried.

Then I watched Beast Machines for awhile, but wasn't able to catch all the episodes, so the whole thing slipped away from me. Picked it up again earlier this year through Wikipedia and Youtube, and here we are. XD
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Welcome Wistwin. I've been a Beast Wars fan since 1996.

Oh yeeeesssssssssssss...

Seeing as you've been lurking for a while you may have already read this kind of of thing, but some wacko set down an insane protocol which states I must warn you of the following:

Bwint contains: Nuts, flying waffles which are almost always frozen (and they hurt!), and malicious penguins who are almost always hidden and almost always are throwing the waffles.

Oh, and you don't need to fear us being not-easy on you. We're all a bit nuts here. If you aren't nuts...

You soon will be! HmhmhmhmhmhmhmmumumuwamwamwamwamwaMuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha!
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

OH! I love that crossover! *gently glomps* Your writing is quite impressive. I can't wait to see an update :)

... Welcome to BWInt!

Actually, I believe we had one Filipino.. once upon a time 0.o
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Wistwin

Unread post by Wistwin »

Blazemane wrote::
Bwint contains: Nuts, flying waffles which are almost always frozen (and they hurt!), and malicious penguins who are almost always hidden and almost always are throwing the waffles.

Oh, and you don't need to fear us being not-easy on you. We're all a bit nuts here. If you aren't nuts...

You soon will be! HmhmhmhmhmhmhmmumumuwamwamwamwamwaMuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha!
XP, We'll see.

Although I think that instead of the usual nuts I've got roasted peanuts in my brain...O.o
Nurann wrote:OH! I love that crossover! *gently glomps* Your writing is quite impressive. I can't wait to see an update :)

Actually, I believe we had one Filipino.. once upon a time 0.o
Ooh, thank you! *glomps back*

A fellow Filipino!? WHERE!? *looks around frantically*
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

bah! stupid life getting in the way of meeting new BWInters! >.<

*.......reads little blue quote thingy.....*

!!thats Starath's fic! that was good...

any HI HI HI! NUTS AND PENGUINS AND.........oh bah, once again someone has beate me to it. you'll have fun here, i assure you, yesss..

WLCOME AND ENJOY MAH BROTHA!...........

....ignore me. ive come back from dress rehearsal for exam and im tired x_@
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

Welcome Wistwin! Its always nice to see that BWINT is still growing!

...And its good to see a fellow Predacon on the boards...yesssss.
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]