Beast Legends - Episodes 1-4

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

BiffyPrimal

Beast Legends - Episodes 1-4

Unread post by BiffyPrimal »

Well, I'm essentially calling this fan fiction series I'm writing "Beast Wars Reborn" (edited to "Beast Legends") until I can come up with a better title. Before I start, let me say that I'm a terrible writer. Anyway, this series takes place after Beast Machines, the Wreckers, and Universe. Optimus is in his new BW 10th toy body. Cheetor is in his Universe (toy) body. Rhinox is [still] in his usual body, and Rattrap is in his BM body. The crew is basically traveling through space when they are attacked (which brings us to where the story starts).

To clear up some things regarding the Predacons...
Beetalion - basically the McDonald's Happy Meal Beetle
Submarauder - the McDonald's Happy Meal Manta Ray
Bloodhound - the new Japanese repaint of Wolfang/K-9 (Boldfang)
Octane - a completly new character I've made up (not based on any toy). He transforms into a giant octopus.

EPISODE 1: The Gears of War (Part 1)

In outer space, above a planet circled by rings, a transwarp portal opened. A ship emerged from the portal, hit by heavy fire. The main engine was hit, and the ship hurtled toward the planet. It crashed in a mountain range.

The ship contained a small group of Maximals, headed by Optimus Primal. After the crash landing, the Maximals attempted to ascertain the status of their ship and their location.

“Status report,” Optimus Primal said.
“Engines scrapped, autoguns busted…” Rattrap replied.
“Shields are totally slagged too, bigbot,” Cheetor told Optimus.
“Prime,” Optimus said, looking down. “Any idea where we are?”
“Nope. I’ll try and get the scanners back online,” said Rhinox. “We can get some idea of this planet then.”
“Great. Let’s get to work. Rattrap, Cheetor – try to restore power. Based on the fire we received entering this area, I’d say we’re going to need our defenses up and running,” commanded Optimus.

Elsewhere, in a dark area, a siren began to flash. A beetle Transformer hurried over to a command station and pressed a few buttons. On the screen, a scanner picked up the Maximal ship crashing onto the planet. The beetle-bot ran away, and another nearby Transformer followed him. The two ran up to a dark figure sitting in a chair.

“My lord…” said the beetle-bot.
“Yes, what is the alert about?” inquired the Transformer in the chair.
“A ship has landed on the planet, my lord,” said the other bot.
“What?! Do you have any surveillance footage?”
“Yes, sire,” answered the beetle-bot as he took out a remote and pressed a button. The footage began to play on a nearby screen. The footage showed Optimus Primal stepping out of the crashed ship.
“Primal!” exclaimed the dark figure in the chair. “Hmm…We may need to speed up our plans. Beetalion, you will come with me. Submarauder, take the others. Attack the Maximals and target any scanning equipment. Destroy them if you can, but make sure they do not leave their base.” The bot next to the beetle-bot nodded and walked off. “I cannot have my plans ruined again,” the Transformer in the chair said to himself.

Outside the Maximal base, Rhinox worked on repairing scanning equipment on top of the Maximal ship. Optimus walked up to Rhinox. “How are the scanners coming?”
“They’re working…sort of. Short range scanners are working fine. I’m picking up energon interference with the long range ones. It’s going to take some time,” replied Rhinox.
“Energon? That is a new development. Any clue—”
Optimus was cut short by an incoming transmission.
“Yo, pop-op! We’ve got a serious problem over here!” Rattrap said over the com-link.
“What’s the situation?” Optimus inquired. Rhinox looked at Optimus and shook his head.
“We’ve got a major Predacon assault, bigbot. Don’t know how much longer we can hold ‘em!” Cheetor reported over the com-link.
“We’re on our way,” Optimus replied. “Come on, Rhinox. We don’t have much time.”
“We just can’t get a break, can we?” Rhinox stated as he pulled out his chain guns of doom. Optimus and Rhinox ran over to where Rattrap and Cheetor were under attack. They jumped over some rocks and began firing at the Predacons who were hiding behind some rocks.
“How are,” Optimus said as he fired a blast from his wrist-mounted blasters, “the defenses coming?”
“Shields are still toast, bigbot,” Cheetor replied. He deflected a blast off his swords.
“And most of the autoguns are still offline,” Rattrap said. Rattrap had taken off one of his wheels to use as a shield. He quickly fired off several rounds from his newly reconstructed gun.
“Can you get anything online?” Optimus asked.
“Yeah,” Rattrap said, “but I’ll need some cover. You guys ready?”
Optimus, Rhinox, and Cheetor nodded. “Kay. I’ll just need a few cycles,” Rattrap said as he turned around to run back to the ship.
“Hey, Rhinox. Any idea where these Predacons came from?” Cheetor asked. He threw one of his swords at the Predacons.
“Not a clue,” Rhinox replied. “But, have you noticed where they are aiming? Their fire seems to be concentrated on some of the old scanning equipment at the top of the ship.”
“Which means?” Optimus asked.
“They don’t want us to find something,” Rhinox said.

Back at the Maximal ship, Rattrap began to type in some coding to get the autoguns back online.
“Okay…okay…come on…” Rattrap said. He inserted a disc into the console. “Done!” he shouted. The autoguns began to fire on the Predacons. Rattrap returned to the Maximals. “Some of the autoguns are now online,” he told his comrades.
“Great. Concentrate your fire on the rocks,” Optimus said. “If we can blow their cover, we might be able to get them to retreat.”
The Maximals turned their attention to the rocks the Predacons were hiding behind. They blew up one rock.
“The Maximals appear to have discovered our strategy, Bloodhound,” Submarauder said his dog-bot comrade.
“We musn’t fail lord Megatron,” the other bot said, rather loudly.
The Maximals overheard this bot.
“Uh…guys…did I just hear what I think I just heard?” Rattrap said.
“Megatron…” Cheetor said.
“So…this is where he ran off too…” Optimus said. Rhinox gave a serious look to Optimus.
The Maximals blew up some more rocks the Predacons were hiding behind. The Predacons began to discuss their strategy.
“Our energon resistance circuits are almost used up to capacity! We cannot continue like this without Beetalion’s field dampers!” Submarauder said to Octane, the octopus-bot. The Maximals blew up all but one of the rocks that the Predacons were hiding behind.
“Then we must take as many out before retreating,” said Bloodhound, sinisterly. He pulled out some explosive devices from a back compartment. He looked toward the other Predacons, and they smiled.
“We almost got them on the ropes!” Rattrap said looking at his fellow Maximals.
“Keep up the fire! We—” Optimus said before stopping his sentence mid-way. He saw the Predacons throwing bombs toward the Maximals. Rhinox’s optics widened.
“Quickly! Hit—” Optimus looked over toward Rhinox.
“Rrraaa!” Rhinox yelled as he turned up his firepower, concentrating on the bombs. He hit them, one by one, making them explode mid-flight.
“Eeyikes!” Rattrap said as he and the other Maximals ducked for cover.
The smoke from the explosions cleared, and the Maximals began to get up.
“Quick thinking, old friend,” Optimus said to Rhinox. He dusted off some dirt.
“Hey, Optimus! Look! They’re retreating!” Cheetor said, pointing to the Predacons, in beast mode, running off in the distance.
“Yeah, spots, but look where they’re running!” Rattrap said. The Maximals turned their attention toward the retreating Predacons. In the distance, they saw a volcano in the direction the Predacons were running. There was some machinery sticking out of the side of the volcano.
“Looks like we found what they didn’t want us to find,” Rhinox said, looking toward Optimus.
“Quickly! If they really are working for Megatron, whatever he has going on down there isn’t good!” Optimus said as he transformed to beast mode.
The other Maximals gave stern looks to the distance, then transformed into beast mode. The group began running toward the volcano.

To be continued…
Last edited by BiffyPrimal on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

i dont think you're a terrible writer Biffy! i quite enjoyed that!
although i must confess i havnt a clue what you're talking about when you say, "the Wreckers, and Universe" and "Optimus is in his new BW 10th toy body. Cheetor is in his Universe (toy) body"...i dont follow the toy thing....could you give me the link for a pic for a reference as to wht they look like? i can imagine cheetors is kinda similar to BM form? lol im terrible

one teensy thing: Optimus and Rhinox are dead, botanica's missing and as much as i hate them both as are SB and BA...or is tht something in Wreckers and Universe tht i missed? i really havnt a clue... :S

could you do me one favour? plz....PLZ dont call it "Beast Wars: REBIRTH"....thts mine! lol (u wanna check it out? :P )
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
BiffyPrimal

For information on the Wreckers and Universe, you might want to try reading on Wikipedia for some quick summaries. The Wreckers takes place during and after Beast Machines, while Universe takes place after Beast Machines.
Here is what Optimus looks like.
Here is Cheetor's new body.
Optimus and Rhinox are dead, botanica's missing and as much as i hate them both as are SB and BA
If you read up on the Universe story, you'll find out why Optimus and Rhinox are back alive. Optimus was revived in Universe to help combat the threat of Unicron. He was later given an opportunity to revive two bots, and one of them he chose to bring back was Rhinox.
Yes, Botanica is missing. Frankly, I didn't like her all that much, and I most definitely am not fond of the love relationship with Rattrap. Right now, I have generally taken the thought that the love relationship didn't quite work out, and she returned to her old crew on the plant planet.
The Maximal crew (Optimus, Rhinox, Rattrap, Cheetor) here generally started on an exploration mission. I decided that Blackarachnia and Silverbolt would have chosen to remain on the peaceful planet of Cybertron rather than go exploring. But, I do have plans to put them into the story...eventually.
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

BiffyPrimal wrote:I decided that Blackarachnia and Silverbolt would have chosen to remain on the peaceful planet of Cybertron rather than go exploring. But, I do have plans to put them into the story...eventually.
NOOOOOOOO WAY!!!! thats what theyv done in MY fic! wierd....
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
BiffyPrimal

I finally got the next two chapters done.

The small band of Maximals was running toward a volcano. They were following a group of Predacons that had recently attacked them.

“Do you really think ol’ Megajerk is alive?” Rattrap asked Optimus.
“He disappeared shortly after his revival. It looks like we’ve finally found him. And knowing Megatron, it wouldn’t surprise me if he were still around,” Optimus responded.

At the volcano site, Megatron observed Beetalion and some drones moving materials around. He turned around to see the rest of his Predacons rushing toward him. “Did you dispose of the Maximals?” Megatron said, with some doubt in his voice.
“No. Our energon circuits couldn’t hold out. We had to retreat,” Submarauder said, hoping Megatron wouldn’t scrap him.
“The Maximals are coming, lord Megatron,” Octane said.
Megatron gave the group a furious look. “Beetalion, do you have any more of your special field dampers?”
“Not quite, lord Megatron. I haven’t completed the final components in them yet,” Beetalion said as he checked some charts.
“Then complete them now. We must prepare for the coming battle,” Megatron said. “The rest of you – get to work. Move as much of this cargo away as you can.”

The Maximals finally arrived at the volcano site. However, they could not find any trace of the Predacons.
“Slag. Scanners can’t lock on to anything. There appears to be a large concentration of energon nearby,” Rhinox said after trying to scan the area.
“Should we split up to cover more ground?” Cheetor asked.
“No,” Optimus said. “Megatron already at least equals our forces. And who knows what else he might—”
Optimus was interrupted my Rattrap. “Hey bossmonkey! I think I see somethin’ over there!” Rattrap said, pointing slightly to the right. The Maximals looked at each other.
“Let’s go,” Optimus said. The Maximals began moving toward the right side of the volcano. They saw a small hole in the side of the volcano. From the small hole, a small stream of liquid energon was flowing toward a nearby crack in the surface.
“Well, it looks like we’ve found the energon,” Optimus said.
“Do you think the volcano is full of it?” Cheetor inquired.
“No clue,” Rhinox said, shaking his head. “I suppose it’s possible, but…”
“Look out!” Rattrap said. The Maximals ducked just in time to avoid being hit by an oncoming series of blasts.
“Why hello, Optimus,” Megatron said as he walked out from behind the volcano. He had his dino-head blaster locked onto Optimus. His minions followed behind him.
“Megatron,” Optimus said with a stern look. “What are you doing here”
“I was going to ask you the same thing, but I’m suspecting you’d rather cut to the chase…” Megatron said. “Surround them!” As Megatron instructed, the Predacons and some drones surrounded the Maximals and volcano.
The Maximals looked around. “Quickly! Climb up the volcano!” Optimus commanded. His Maximals began to follow his orders while firing back at the Predacons for cover.
“Follow them!” Megatron commanded. “Show no mercy.”

The Maximals finally reached an opening in the mountain. They climbed up into and looked around. They saw the inside of the volcano was covered in energon, in both solid and liquid form.
“Well this certainly is familiar,” Cheetor exclaimed.
“No kiddin’ spots,” Rattrap said.
“No time for reminiscing. We’ve still got Megatron and his Predacons after us,” Optimus said.
“How observant, monkey. Prepare to fall from your tree,” said Bloodhound as he shot a missile at Optimus.
Optimus dodged the missile, but it hit Cheetor. Optimus turned around. “Cheetor!” he yelled. Optimus turned around to shoot a blast at Bloodhound. It hit, and Bloodhound fell off the volcano.
“Ahh, doesn’t it bring back memories?” Megatron said as he and the other Predacons entered the opening of the volcano. “This time, however, the ending will be a little different.”
The Predacons began to fire at the walls of the opening, hitting the energon.
“He’s trying to destroy us via the energon!” Optimus said.
“We gotta get out of here!” Rattrap said.
The Maximals began retreating. Rattrap and Rhinox exited the volcano first. Optimus lagged behind as he carried Cheetor. He tossed Cheetor down to Rhinox. “Come on!” Rhinox shouted to Optimus. However, before Optimus could escape the energon exploded…

To be continued…
-------------------------------------------
BEAST LEGENDS
Episode 3: The Gears of War (Part 3)

Outside the volcano, the Maximals awaken.
“Did we actually…survive?” Rattrap asked.
“I think so..” Cheetor said, as he touched his head in pain. “Wait a cycle…where’s--”
“--Optimus,” Rhinox said, finishing Cheetor’s sentence. “Search the wreckage. He might be buried somewhere.”
Rattrap and Cheetor stood there.
“Move!” Rhinox commanded. The Maximals began searching.

Elsewhere, Megatron was leading his Predacons back to base. All of them were in beast mode. Beetalion and Bloodhound were hauling an unconscious Optimus behind them. “Hurry up back there!” Megatron said looking back. “The other Maximals have probably come back online.”

Back at the volcano, the Maximals had cleared a wide area of rock debris. “Found anything?” Rhinox asked.
“Nada, zip, zero, zilch. My scanners aren’t detecting anything either. There’s nothing’ here,” Rattrap said with a sad look.
“Then, that leaves two possibilities…” Rhinox sorrowfully said.
“Either Optimus was vaporized…” Rattrap said.
“Or the Predacons captured him. We have to find their base!” Cheetor said. “But where do we start? We haven’t got a clue…”
“Oh…I wouldn’t say we don’t have any clues…” Rattrap said as he pointed to a faint trail of energon particles.
Rhinox gave Rattrap a clever look. The Maximals began to follow the trail.

Back at the Predacon base, the Predacons set up Optimus in some hanging power bonds. Optimus began to wake up. He could see Megatron sitting in his chair, with the other Predacons nearby.
“Ah, Optimus! You’re awake,” Megatron said as he rubbed his hands together.
“What do you want this time, Megatron?” Optimus said.
“The same thing I’ve always wanted Optimus,” Megatron replied.
“So…why am I still alive, Megatron?” Optimus asked.
“Bait, my friend. Why else?” Megatron answered. “That, and I need to extract some information from you.”
Optimus gave Megatron a stern look.

Outside, the Maximals stop.
“Why have we stopped?” Cheetor asked.
“We’re here,” Rhinox said. “Let’s move in and hold. Can you tap into Optimus’ com-link, Rattrap?”
“Sure, just give me a cycle…” Rattrap said as he tinkered with a small device. “Done!”
The Maximals began to listen inside the Predacon base via the com-link.
“So, Megatron, what information do you want?” they heard Optimus say.
“All will be revealed in good time. That is, if you are around that long,” Megatron said. “Oh, and Optimus…since your friends are listening in, you might want to tell them goodbye…”

Outside, the Maximals looked at each other in a panic. “Move in and attack now!” Cheetor said. The Maximals, weapons deployed, moved toward the Predacon base. Megatron’s minions emerged from the Predacon ship and began to attack the Maximals. The Maximals returned fire.
“Cheetor, get on in there!” Rhinox ordered.
“Yeah, spots! We’ll cover you!” Rattrap said. He and Rhinox began to give Cheetor cover fire. Cheetor transformed into beast mode and ran into the Predacon ship.

Inside the Predacon base, Megatron monitors a screen. “My information extraction is almost completed, Primal. Soon, I shall have all I need to continue with my plans,” Megatron said.
Suddenly, Cheetor busts in and transforms into robot mode. “Your plans end here, Megatron!” Cheetor said. He fired a shot and destroyed Optimus’ power bonds, therefore, freeing him.
“No!” Megatron shouted.
“Ready to tango, Megatron?” Optimus said as he transformed into robot mode.
“Drones! Attack!” Megatron said. Suddenly, small hovering drones appeared around Optimus and Cheetor. Megatron and the drones aimed at the Maximals and began firing. Optimus and Cheetor dodged.
“Let’s get out of here,” Optimus said.
“Right behind ya, bigbot!” Cheetor said.
The two ran out of the Predacon base with shots fired behind them. As they exited the base, they signaled to Rhinox and Rattrap to retreat. The Maximals fell back to base.
“So…we enter another war…” Cheetor solemnly said.
“Unfortunately…” Rhinox said.
“We probably could have taken out Megatron back there, Optimus,” Cheetor said to Optimus.
“Relax, spots. We got Optimus back didn’t we?” Rattrap said.
“Rattrap’s right. And we located Megatron‘s base. That’s enough for one day. We’ll have to recuperate before we fight Megatron again.” Optimus said.

End
BiffyPrimal

I finally have a new episode written...

BEAST LEGENDS
Episode 4: Seeds of the Past

Just outside a jungle, there was a small earthquake. The earthquake caused a small pod to fall off a mountain ledge. The pod landed near the jungle, and a red light on it began to blink.

Back at the Maximal base, Rhinox detected a faint signal emanating to the northwest. Optimus walked into the room to see Rhinox at work. “What is it, Rhinox?”
“I’ve detected a faint signal…trying to strengthen it…” Rhinox said as he continued to work.
Rhinox succeeded at strengthening the signal, and he brought its pattern up on the screen. As he and Optimus examined it, their eyes widened.
“Quickly. Put the base defenses on full and contact Rattrap and Cheetor. Tell them to meet us there,” Optimus commanded.

About 30 kliks away from the Maximal base, Rattrap and Cheetor ran toward the location of the signal Rhinox told them about. “With the base defenses still lacking, I not sure is was best to leave it alone. What do you think Optimus is so concerned about?” Cheetor asked.
“Who knows, spots,” Rattrap replied. “When Optimus has his gears in a grind, it’s best not to argue.”
“Well, the sooner we get there, the sooner we can get back to guard the base,” Cheetor said. The two picked up their speed.
Little did they know, the two Maximals were being watched by someone through a small hovering drone…
Inside the Predacon base, Beetalion reported to Megatron. “Lord Megatron, the Maximals are after something.”
“Hmm…Check the direction where they are heading…” Megatron said as he focused in on the screen.
Beetalion scanned the area. “There is definitely something there…and it is broadcasting a faint signal!”
“Errrh…” Megatron gave an angry sigh. “Move out.”

Meanwhile, Optimus and Rhinox arrived at the location of the broadcast signal and transformed into robot mode. Rhinox ran toward the object. “A…stasis pod?”
“What’s its condition?” Optimus asked.
“It is still in pretty good shape. Shouldn’t take any chances though…” Rhinox said as he got to work trying to bring the Transformer inside the pod online.
Just then, Cheetor and Rattrap arrived on the scene. “So…what’s the deal, boss monkey?” Rattrap asked.
Before Rattrap could answer, Cheetor broke out: “A stasis pod!”
“Stasis pod? I thought Wings back on Cybertron said all those were junked?” Rattrap asked.
“I thought so too,” Optimus replied. “Either this is a junked one with a protoform in it, or this pod landed here before the Quantum Cycle Upgrade.”
Rhinox suddenly slammed his fists on the side of the pod. “Slag. The pod’s been programmed shut. It will take some time to…”
As Rhinox was speaking, the Maximals were suddenly fired upon. Megatron, Beetalion, Bloodhound, and Submarauder stood on a ledge above the Maximals. “Pardon me, Maximals, but we claim that pod!” Megatron said. “Fire!”
The Predacons fired on the Maximals. Cheetor and Rattrap transformed and got out their weapons. Rattrap fired his gun at the Predacons, while Optimus and Cheetor deflected blasts.
“Rhinox! How long is it going to take to get the new Transformer out of that pod?” Optimus shouted.
“I’m almost there, but I could use a little more cover…doohhh…” Rhinox said as he hit the ground. Octane had snuck up behind him and blasted him in the back.
“Rhinox!” Optimus yelled. Optimus began firing at Octane but missed. Octane picked up the stasis pod and jumped down from the cliff into a small gorge.
“Maximals! Move toward that pod!” Optimus ordered. Rhinox had recovered a bit. He picked up his guns and began to follow the other Maximals, providing more cover fire for their maneuvering. When they reached the edge, they jumped down into the gorge and followed Octane.
“After them!” Megatron commanded his Predacons. They went off after the Predacons. “Hey…Beetalion…” Megatron said as Beetalion was leaving. “I have a special mission for you…” Megatron said.

“We can’t let them get the pod!” Cheetor said as he and the other Maximals chased after Octane inside a tunnel.
“Uh oh! Guys! We got a problem behind us!” Rattrap said, pointing out Bloodhound, Submarauder, and Megatron firing at the Maximals from behind.
“Go for Octane at the end of this tunnel…he’s…” Optimus stopped midsentence. Behind Octane, Beetalion arrived with several basic drones hovering beside him.
“Surrender Maximals!” Beetalion smirked.
“Uh…Optimus…what now?” Cheetor said looking around.
“Stand guard, Maximals!” Optimus said.
“Beetaltion! Keep them surrounded from your side,” Megatron said. “Octane, go outside and reprogram the protoform into a Predacon.” Octane nodded and left the tunnel with the pod.
“Well, well, well, Optimus Primal. It seems that I am once again the victor. Ha ha ha. I’m not sure how you’re going to get yourself out of this one, my friend,” Megatron stated as he and his team closed in on the Maximals.
“Pssh…Mega…ahhh….” A voice came on over Megatron’s com-link.
“What’s the problem, Octane?” Megatron asked furiously. No response. “OCTANE!” Still no response. “Submarauder. Check it out.”
Submarauder began to walk past the Maximals to get to where Octane was. As he began to walk outside the tunnel to Octane’s location, he was shot by an unknown force outside the tunnel. Submarauder fell.
“What?” Megatron said.
“NOW!” Rhinox shouted as he got up and began firing on Megatron. The other Maximals followed suit. Rhinox and Rattrap fired on Megatron and Bloodhound while the Optimus and Cheetor handled Beetalion. Behind Beetalion, a dimetrodon Transformer walked in to take care of the drones hovering by Beetalion.
“Say…YAAH!!” The new Transformer distracted Beetalion, allowing Optimus and Cheetor to take him out. They turned their attention to Megatron and Bloodhound.
“What now, Megatron?” Optimus said.
Megatron looked around. “Bloodhound! We’re leaving…for now…” Megatron and Bloodhound transformed into beast mode and ran off.
“Aren’t we gonna go after ‘em?” Rattrap asked.
“Not now, Rattrap. As much as I would like to see Megatron apprehended, we’ve sustained too much damage depleted too much energon to carry on a chase now,” Optimus said. “And nice quick thinking, Rhinox. How’d you do it?”
“When Megatron arrived, I knew I wouldn’t have time to go through the entire process, so I programmed the pod to start the activation process. I wasn’t sure if it would work or not, but I’m just glad you arrived when you did,” Rhinox said, turning to the new Transformer standing on the other side of the tunnel. The other Maximals turned around too.
The Transformer, darkly colored with some purple, gave a stern look to the Maximals. “My name is Sludge.”
“Hey…I’m Cheetor!” Cheetor said.
“I’m Optimus Primal, leader of this group. This is Rhinox, and this is Rattrap,” he said, pointing to his other two comrades. “I don’t know if your interested, but I’d like to extend an invitation to you to join our team. We’re trying to defeat Megatron, the leader of the group we just fought.”
“An interesting proposition, Optimus Primal,” Sludge replied. “But I’m afraid I am not interested right now. I’ll be glad to assist you in your battle, but I would prefer to remain an independent.” Sludge began to walk off. “Contact me if you need my assistance,” he turned back to say.
Rattrap looked around. “Umm…excuse me? We’re just going let him walk off like that?”
“We can’t force him to join us,” Optimus said.
“Uhh…geez. We’re all gonna die…” Rattrap said, shaking his head. He looked up to see the other Maximals leaving. “Hey!” Rattrap rushed to catch up to the others.

END
---------------------------
NOTE: Sludge is one of the Wal-Mart exclusive Dinobots.