would really appreciate some input here...plz

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

would really appreciate some input here...plz

Unread post by Jagna »

this is a draft of half of the first installment of a (kind-of-series) im working on. it will take a while, but im doing my best with all the work im doing, with exams n all im doing this in my spare time...i hvnt come up with s title obviously coz itz not finished...in fact i have a whole battle sequence to finalise. and btw this isnt like the last thing i postedn (whichbtw no one commented on... :wink: ), its not random and its character based on 'bots that exist...completely relevant to the series.

it is basically set in the first series, anytime you please after inferno arrived...not for any particular reason but so i could have all the ssn 1 characters to play around with...

disclaimer note: all existing Beast Wars: Transformer characters are property of HASBRO, and all other characters are completely my own, so no theiving little spiders please! but its just a fanfiction, come on, why am i even writing this? anyway, enjoy!

-------------

There was a small anomaly forming in the vacuum of space. Close by this anomaly was the star, ‘Sun’, and its nine planets. There was no movement in space at this time, no interruptions in the delicate nature of things on any of the planets’ surfaces. Suddenly, that anomaly grew, and grew, and grew until the vastness of it caused it to collapse, and in doing so pull through a small escape shuttle of sorts, and it hurtled out of control towards the third rock from the sun. This was many planetary rotations ago…

On a hot day on the planet below, the Maximals were testing a new device that Rhinox had invented using hydro-electric energy from the river 7 klicks upstream to generate power for the base shield. It was only a small job that merely required two bots: one to activate the device and the other to record measurements and results. Optimus and Cheetor were the ones working at the bank that day. Optimus was tightening a few loose screws on the side of the machine whilst Cheetor was busy counting the spots on his arm.
“Well, it’s looking good so far,” said Optimus, “just a few more tests and we should be up and running.” He knew that Cheetor was bored, and had noticed that he had now switched to counting the spots on his other arm. “Cheetor?” and watched in slight amusement as the cat hastily picked up a wrench and a viewing screen to make it look like he was doing something.
“Yeah, Big-Bot?” Optimus chuckled.
“Check the readings for the hydro-pumps. If all’s going well, the velocity should have increased the energy up to 34 Watts of power…” he paused, “…and you might want to turn it the right way up, Cheetor.” Embarrassed, Cheetor slowly turned over the screen, which was upside-down. After about three cycles when Optimus was checking the turbo-chargers lent to them by Rattrap (through constant persuasion and bribe, for some reason), Cheetor noticed something on the screen, which he had seen the day before, but wasn’t right. He pointed this out to his commander.
“Uh, Optimus?” Waiting for a response, he double checked the calculations, but the same figures appeared on the screen.
“Yes Cheetor?” came Optimus’ voice from just below him.
“Big-Bot, the water level’s been going down ever since we started this project.” He took a look at Optimus’ face to see if he was listening, saw that he was, and continued, “The device has been working fine, it’s been generating the right amount of power for the amount of water it’s getting, but there’s not as much water any more…” Optimus looked a little confused “…do you, uh, know what I’m saying?”
“I think so, Cheetor.” he said. Although he knew the hot weather had been very extreme lately, he doubted the water level could have dropped much. “Hm. How much has the water level dropped?” he asked.
“Uhh…three feet.”
“Three feet?! Since…?”
“Since…yesterday.”
“That’s impossible”
“Well, you know, that’s what I thought, but I checked my readings and did the calculations over three times!” replied Cheetor, exasperatedly. “But that’s what’s happened Big-Bot” Optimus pondered for a moment. This drought must be more serious than we anticipated, he thought. It might cause problems for the wildlife, as well as the tests. He continued to wonder what all this could mean. Cheetor watched him, helplessly trying to think about what was going on.
“Optimus..?” he began, but decided it might be best to leave Optimus to collect his thoughts for a moment, because to him, Optimus had an answer for everything. So he had taken to counting pebbles on the ground as he waited.

Meanwhile, upstream, unbeknownst to the pair, were the Predacons. All of them had assembled on top of a heap of logs and rocks and mud in between two large boulders. They had built a dam, which was the cause of the rapid drop in water level noticed by Cheetor. They were all fools, thought Meagatron, as he stood triumphantly looking on to his working troop. Their plan was going perfectly. And it would begin today. Megatron had this thought swimming joyfully through his mind. And as he overlooked the building and ‘final touches’, he believed it to be the right time to start his glory speech.
“Well, Predacons today is the day, yeeessss…” he looked around at his comrades, ignoring the look of exhaustion and dread on their faces, “…the day that we will finally be rid of the Maximal scum once and for all. Thanks to my genius plan and my brilliant mind…” but Blackarachnia interrupted him.
“Anytime today, motor-mouth, this thing is starting to lose stability. Although I can’t say I’m surprised…” She raised an eyebrow ridge at Waspinator, who had just loosened a few pebbles that landed on Tarantulas’ head. Megatron was fuming. How dare she interrupt me? But he continued, holding in the explosion…
“…as I was saying…” he said slowly, through gritted teeth. Blackarachnia’s lip had been causing trouble all week. In fact, it almost cost them the dam when she back-talked him, thus loosing her concentration and letting a huge log fall away and downstream. He thought to himself; the incompetence! So he decided to seek more intelligent conversation: with himself. As the others carried on working, he said to himself, “Finally, a sure-fire to be rid of that ignoramus scum, Optimus Primal! Not even the most skilled of warriors or the fastest of runners can outrun a mighty flood of this pathetic planet. I guess this dirt-ball does have some uses…” Realising that he was giving the planet praise, he recovered with a disgusted look, and continued, “...but as soon as I give the order to rupture this dam, Optimus and the cat will be washed away and done for, for good.” By this time he had turned to the rest of the Predacons. “Whilst the Maximals are in mourning for their lost comrades, we shall attack, and be rid of the Maximal scum ONCE AND FOR ALL!!” he cried, his maniacal laugh echoing through the valley, along with the cheers of the Predacons, as the river is followed downstream to where the un-knowing Maximals are waiting. Once Waspinator, Inferno and Tarantulas had finished placing the detonators on the structure, they all headed to the edge of a cliff just above the Maximal base to watch as their plan unfolds in a rampage of raging water.

It happened in a flash. Whilst marking the readings on the hydro-generator when he heard a soft rumbling. As it got louder, he started to worry. Optimus Primal looked up at the river valley above them. But before he had time to yell, “Cheetor! Run!” at the sight of the surging mass of white water, he and Cheetor were thrown off their feet by the force, and dangled helplessly in its suspension. He managed to make his way to the surface, and just after he broke that barrier between water and sky found a sturdy tree trunk that he grabbed a hold of. Looking desperately around, he saw his feline companion coming towards him, breathlessly tying to stay above the water. Optimus grasped his hand as he drifted near and held on with all the strength he could muster. They were both getting weak, he could feel it. But he wouldn’t let go. He would never let go.
“Hold on, Cheetor!” he cried, but his voice was drowned out by the roar of the still raging flood. And then, he felt Cheetor’s grip loosening. Was he in stasis lock? No. He looked at his young friend, and saw his optics on, but in them a look he had never seen before. What was it? He’s too young, don’t let go…Cheetor’s grip loosened completely and Optimus felt him slip through his fingers. He watched in shock and horror as he was swept down the river and over the waterfall…
Optimus’ cry of despair was carried through the valley and up the cliff where the Predacons were watching.

On the edge of the cliff, the Predacons were cheering to see that their weeks of hard work had paid off. The plan had worked and they got a good show thrown into the fray. What could possibly go wrong now? they thought. Megatron answered that question. He gave a roar of rage and blasted a large boulder into a thousand tiny pieces with his gamma-cannon.
“What the Pitt do you think you are doing?!” he bellowed. The Predacons looked questioningly at him. Then Terrasaur spoke.
“Our plan worked, Megatron! The flood…” but he was interrupted by a big thump on the head.
“Dolts! Our plan was to wash away Optimus Primal and that mangy cat of his!” He grabbed Waspinator by the head and put it right next to his as he looked over to the Maximal base. “Do you see that?” he asked the bug, and when Waspinator shook his head, Megatron gave it an extra hard shake himself. “You blundering idiots! Down there, do you see? Optimus Primal is still in one piece!” It was true. There was the Maximal leader, climbing down from a tree, exhausted but still very much alive. Megatron’s breathing was shallow and shaky. He was just about ready to blast someone. Without regret, either.
“Oh, do calm yourself, you posotronic nut.” came Tarantulas’ voice. Megatron turned to look at him with the utmost fury on his face. The rest of them took a step back. “This may have turned out even better than we may have hoped…” he continued with a cool voice, ignoring Megatron’s seething breaths, “You of all bots know how Primal gets when he loses a comrade. He will put all his time and energy into trying to find and rescue the little fur ball. Now, I may not be as highly furnished in the brain department as you…” he said, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. The Predacons winced. “But believe with their leader in shambles, we will have a better opportunity to fry those puny Maximals, hmmm?” Megatron thought. He despised the spider with a passion, but hated to admit that he was usually right. Optimus would indeed be consumed with guilt and frustration and try to find Cheetor, and the opportunity was perfect…
“Very well,” he said through gritted teeth, feigning a smile, and the Predacons all gave out a huge sigh of relief that they were all still in one piece after that, “we shall attack as planned. We merely have one extra Maximal to deal with. To your stations. Divide and conquer…” He said to himself very quietly, “…NOW!” and they scattered, forming into three groups and moving out.

At the Maximal base, Optimus was struggling as he was being forced into the CR Chamber by Rhinox and Tigatron.
“You’re too weak to help anybody right now Optimus, let alone Cheetor.” said Rhinox. “If you go anywhere in this condition you won’t last a megacycle, there’s a lot of water in your system. Hey, watch it!” he cried as Optimus nearly punched him in the face trying to get away.
“It’s my fault he got swept down the river, I need to go find him!” Optimus said with the utmost determination, even though he was exhausted himself. It was Air Razor’s soothing voice that calmed him down slightly.
“Optimus, please! We’re all worried about Cheetor. Me, Rattrap and Dinobot and going out to look for him now…you have to get repaired Big Guy. And nobody thinks it’s your fault.” she added to him in a whisper. Reluctantly, Optimus stopped struggling, and two Maximal ‘restraints’ gave a huge sigh of relief.
“All right. But as soon as I’m out I’m joining the second party.” he added sternly. The others nodded. “You’re the boss-monkey!” came Rattraps voice from behind him. As Optimus made his way into the CR Chamber he heard Rattrap give the command for the first search party. As he closed his eyes, all he could think of was his lost friend, and that look in his eyes right before he let go of Optimus’ hand…had he let go?...then, darkness.

Waspinator and Blackarachnia were flying towards their designated position. Waspinator had to carry the widow, which he hated, as he always felt that she would devour him at any second.
“What plan again, she-bot?” The insect had been bugging the spider the whole flight, asking details about their mission, forgetting more information each time.
“Ugh! The plan, you mindless mantis, is that we are to attack the Maximals when they switch search parties while looking for the cat…”
“How we know when Maximals change partiezzz? How we even know Maximals have partiezzz? Wazzzpinator want partyyy…” his rant was quickly cut short by a slap on the head with the sharp pincers.
“Do you ever listen, buzzer-bee? Tarantulas intercepted a Maximal com message that the two search groups…gottit?...TWO search groups will be switching in 3.4 megacycles, and…still with me up there?...Grape Face wants us to attack the Maximals at that very point when Optimus Primal’s group descends…ugh…comes down from the elevator…you know, the big metal thing that goes up and down?...and be rid of the Maximals one and for all! Yesss…” Waspinator shook his head at her feeble imitation of Megatron.
“Wazzzpinator have headache…” the wasp muttered under his breath, as they sped ahead towards the Maximal base…

Cheetor was lying in stasis lock on a river bank a few klicks downstream. While he was unconscious, he saw flashes in front of him. Images of the sudden flood of water, loosening his grip with Optimus, hitting his head on rock and deactivating. One thing he didn’t remember, thought, was…was it a hand?...grasping his own as he was sinking to the bottom, and pulling him to the surface…
He reactivated with a start, panting for breath, trying to remember what happened. Too tired to move, too weak to think, he collapsed again, exhausted.

--------------------------------

well, what do ppl think? itd be really gr8 for feedback coz even though i no whats going to happen in the rest i have a feeling my style is all over the place...is that a good thing? PLZ someone must be out there who cares! :cry:

please, guys, iv worked really hard on this. i cant give it to my friends because they don't have a clue what's going on, and some of them dont even like BW anyway...
i don't want to feel as if i've wasted my time writing this. even though i love it to death, it's for you guys to enjoy as well. i write it wondering: i wonder if theyll like this...or: i wonder what the guys on bwint would do...
sorry if i sound depressed. studying in the holiday is starting to take its toll...
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

I like what you have so far.Left me wondering who save Cheetor.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I like it Jagna

I wonder who save Cheetor?
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

thnx guys...ull prob find out next week...u shall have to waiiiit.... :twisted:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
fizzybird

Unread post by fizzybird »

I'm eager for the rest; what will happen to Cheetor.