Hiya, new here

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

Yeah, I'm mostly fine! I got Covid in the second week of May, recovered in about a week and then immediately afterwards got strep throat. Woo?

I'm currently on my last stretch of antibiotics, here's to hoping I recover with just a single round. The last time I got the same bacteria (streptococcus G) was in 2016 and it gave me a blood vessel infection.
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Yeoch! Having had both Covid and a Step A blood infection myself as a kid, I feel your pain! How are you doing now?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Hi there! I certainly hope you're feeling better after your illnesses a few months ago. I can relate to the covid and strep issues as well. Since I work in a hospital, it seemed like covid was inevitable but I held out for nearly two years before I finally caught it. And when I eventually did, it wasn't from a patient but rather from a fellow nurse who was just returning to work after 5 days off.. Which frankly put her return to work during her most infectious period. Go figures!

Hope all is well now!
Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

Yeah, I'm fine. I still cough up the occasional lump of phlegm, but that's probably just because it's summer and I drink too little water. Also, despite having had Covid, I'm going to get my fourth dose of the vaccine tomorrow - since the disease acts as another dose, it'll effectively give me five doses worth of protection. :P

Honestly, the mild version of Covid I got was nothing compared to the time I choked on a piece of bread. Happened last year, and it was so bad I started "wheeze-yelling" for help - thankfully my parents were in the same room and realized something was wrong (I've never yelled for help in my entire life), so my dad started beating me on the back. Eventually the bread just dislodged and I could breathe again. ...Then I checked the mirror and it was the wildest thing I'd ever seen, the whites of my eyes were completely red (and I don't mean bloodshot, they were pure crimson all around).
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo