(Attempt at a) BWINT Meetup 2016

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

The Crab

(Attempt at a) BWINT Meetup 2016

Unread post by The Crab »

Y'know, I've been thinking a lot about a BWINT meetup, and I'm reminded of something that happened last year. I wanted to see a buddy of mine, but it was one of those "It'd be nice if this got set up..." kinda feelings. And then I realized that the only way to get something going is to MAKE it get going. Totally hung out with my boy, had an awesome time, but that's an aside.

So here I go, trying to get this bandwagon going. I say that we should get a BWINT meetup this year. 2016. Before 2017, but after 2015. A time and a place that's convinient for everybody is nessicary, of course.

We know Nurann has an awesome wedding to have, so we'll say that month is off the list. I've got a weekend getaway with the Mrs. Crab at the end of April, and we're attending Otakon at the begining of August. Does anyone else have anything important happening this year?
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Unfortunately, I'm like...the other side of the earth. So yeah...a meetup for me is impossible since I'm schooling as well.
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

I'm heading to Anime North with my sister and friends in May (kinda made it an annual tradition) and as much as I wanna go to TFCon this year, money's especially tight for me.

I wish you the best in creating the BWINT Meetup Crab. :)

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Hey Crab,

I feel ya with wanting to have a proper MeetUp at some point. Alas, the fact that we're all scattered across the globe makes it pretty darn difficult. In my experience organising BWINT Gatherings, it's good to have a specific month and year in mind at least one to two years ahead of time. People need time to plan their lives, save funds etc.

What I reckon might be doable is a USA Gathering sometime in the next 5 years. I'm thinking Beast Wars 25th Anniversary. I know Silver and I would like to do a USA trip again someday, and if everyone is aiming for that target, it might just be possible. I know it seems like a long time away, but I think this community will survive the wait. ;)

In the meantime if you can get some meetups happening for peeps based in the States, then that would be awesome! Maybe do a poll and figure out where the most central location is for the majority of US-based members?

I wish you all the very best! :) :) :)
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

You guys should really do some US-based meetings~ I personally know that meetings like these can be really fun, since I was part of the first two Nordic "Mini-Cons" (arranged in Finland). These Mini-Cons eventually combined with Auto Assembly Europe, which sadly came to an end in 2015.

The first Mini-Con was in Helsinki and there were seven of us there that day, all Finnish. The second Mini-Con, held in Turku, had seven again (six Finns, one Swede - in fact, the latter was the founder and main admin of NTFA). Both meetings happened in 2006 when I was just 18 years old. ...One of the later meetings I wasn't part of actually had 31 attendees!
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo