TF Prime's creators doing Beast Wars?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Zucca

TF Prime's creators doing Beast Wars?

Unread post by Zucca »

Can it happen? Should it happen?

That's the big question.

Let's face it, if the team that worked on TF: Prime did a BW reboot, we'd see some great character development, drama and a show that treats us like adults but is entertaining for all.

What would it be about? Naturally our beloved Maximals and Predacons would make a comeback, but how? Who? Where? And... when?

I think, personally, that they could still base it on prehistoric Earth, but human evolution is further along. Homo Sapien tribes and the like.

Anyway, what do you guys think it *should* be about?
* Zucca, the Eternal Optimist and Hopeless Romantic *
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of the Beast Era universe being explored. My opinion is that the original cartoon was done so well (tech limitations aside) that it should be left alone. The Japanese already gave us insight on what other Maximals and Predacons were up to across the galaxy. So I would love to see Hasbro give us a glimpse of another exploration crew.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Kinda with Alak on this one. BW doesn't need re-doing, as any re-doing would very likely be inferior to the first (see: IDW's Beast Wars comics).

That said, the main Prime show people have said they are already starting to work a little on the next series after Prime, which will begin airing sometime after TF4, probably in the fall or early winter of 2014. I'm pretty sure that given that timing, unless TF4 is live action Beast Wars of some kind (yeah right), it won't be very beast-y.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Another live action TF movie in the works.. Do I smell a reboot of the franchise, given the fact they already killed off all the main Decepticons?

Somewhat doubt I'll be seeing this one given it's another Michael Bay movie. I didn't like any of the first three TF movies he made so I find it somewhat doubtful the next one will be any better..
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ but Marky Mark is gonna be in it instead of Shia LeWhatshisface. Maybe we'll see him rush to Optimus' aid and punch Megatron in the face...
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Phoenix wrote:Another live action TF movie in the works.. Do I smell a reboot of the franchise, given the fact they already killed off all the main Decepticons?
Not a reboot, but more a continuation more along the lines of, say, Beast Wars to Beast Machines or Armada to Energon to Cybertron-- same continuity, a few years later (three, I think), and everyone has new bodies. Nothing's really been mentioned about the story other than that and a few human roles, so far.

I really hope they take advantage of this opportunity to bring to the forefront formerly obscure Decepticons as the big guns, similar to how they pulled The Fallen and Sentinel Prime into public consciousness in RotF and DotM...
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
BiffyPrimal

Unread post by BiffyPrimal »

The Japanese already gave us insight on what other Maximals and Predacons were up to across the galaxy. So I would love to see Hasbro give us a glimpse of another exploration crew.
I don't know if focusing on the regular Beast Wars cast would be the best idea, but possibly focusing on the crew from Beast Wars II or Beast Wars Neo might be interesting.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

Zucca wrote:Can it happen? Should it happen?

That's the big question.

Let's face it, if the team that worked on TF: Prime did a BW reboot, we'd see some great character development, drama and a show that treats us like adults but is entertaining for all.

What would it be about? Naturally our beloved Maximals and Predacons would make a comeback, but how? Who? Where? And... when?

I think, personally, that they could still base it on prehistoric Earth, but human evolution is further along. Homo Sapien tribes and the like.

Anyway, what do you guys think it *should* be about?

I'd like the story to be on prehistoric earth again as well, but I wouldn't want any annoying human sidekicks around, they were the biggest weakness of transformers prime...Other than how incompetent the Decepticons were >_<

I'm sorry but...A handful of autobots defeating an ENTIRE ARMY of decepticons is just sad. If Beast Wars were rebooted, I'd like the Preds and Maxis to have a handful of troops each, no puddy patrol type underlings. I realize what they were trying to do with the Vehicons and Insecticons, but in the end they ultimately made the decepticons look inept rather than made the lead decepticons look tougher by comparison...Knockout and Starscream were not shining examples of upper echelon decepticons I'm sorry to say, and Megatron looked even more foolish for tolerating treachery amongst his troops when he had an ENTIRE ARMY to work with, he did not need Starscream.

Sorry for the rant, but basically, if Beast Wars were to return, I'd like them to keep the premise the same, a small band of preds vs a small band of maximals, with new characters being added to each side over the course of the series. TFP experimented with the idea of autobots being seriously outgunned by a decepticon army and it backfired in my opinion, transformer armies should be kept relatively even so as to avoid making the villains look stupid or the heroes look mary suish. G1 worked because both sides had LOTS of troops to work with, all named characters, & Beast Wars worked because there were only a handful of named characters & lots of character development for many of them.

So yeah, no uneven armies and no human sidekicks. Jack and Una were tolerable from Beast Wars because they didn't talk and rarely showed up, and didn't have the ability to wear suits of invincible battle armor designed to be worn by cybertronians not humans >_<
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I'd like the story to be on prehistoric earth again as well, but I wouldn't want any annoying human sidekicks around, they were the biggest weakness of transformers prime...Other than how incompetent the Decepticons were >_<
I feel like we see a lot of movies that are future or just present, current time related anyways, be a good change to have it take place in the in pre-historic past.
I'm sorry but...A handful of autobots defeating an ENTIRE ARMY of decepticons is just sad. If Beast Wars were rebooted, I'd like the Preds and Maxis to have a handful of troops each, no puddy patrol type underlings. I realize what they were trying to do with the Vehicons and Insecticons, but in the end they ultimately made the decepticons look inept rather than made the lead decepticons look tougher by comparison...Knockout and Starscream were not shining examples of upper echelon decepticons I'm sorry to say, and Megatron looked even more foolish for tolerating treachery amongst his troops when he had an ENTIRE ARMY to work with, he did not need Starscream.
Oh that really bothered me too, a FREAKING army!!! Literally any army of Decepticons against what, between 5-8 Autobots, really?!
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

^ but Marky Mark is gonna be in it instead of Shia LeWhatshisface. Maybe we'll see him rush to Optimus' aid and punch Megatron in the face...

They wanted to get Jason Stathem.

They should have. It SO would have been worth it to see this movie if they had. Jason Stathem is awesome! Probably would have cost too much money....maybe Chuck Norris would have been cheaper. I would have loved to see a transformers movie with The Rock in it though (his character in TFP died WAY too quickly)!!!

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Zucca

Unread post by Zucca »

In an ideal world, the original voices would reprise their roles. It would be a reboot, which while it poses certain risks (Namely not living up to the original), would also allow for cementing of things that in hindsight, weren't very good ideas. Such as letting Simon Furman write the last two episodes, not having a clear end-game until the middle and so on.

If I were lead writer/story editor, I'd place an emphasis on the mysterious aliens whose presence is ominously felt throughout the entire course of the show. Further, Tarantulas' involvement with Unicron would be shaded at as he plays both sides like a harp in his quest to annihilate the Matrix of Leadership since he's technically not a Cybertronian. Assuming it would be following TF:Prime continuity, Predacons would be descended from Decepticons and.... well, Predacons, but due to their history, are generally regarded poorly by Maximals at large. In the same way Germany carried intense stigma post-WWII. Therefor, drawing upon historical parallels, BW Megatron believes in the romanticized image of the original Megatron, a passionate libertine who stood against a dying status quo for the sake of freedom and believes his namesake was unfairly persecuted historically and discovers, quite by accident, that TF:P Megatron left a message on the famous Golden Disc, made shortly after his sojourn for dark energon. At the height of his madness, Megatron instructed any descendants of the Decepticon cause to use transwarp tech to travel to ancient Earth to lay groundwork that would provide an edge to the Decepticons. Perhaps even going so far as to create a time loop in which certain Cybertronian relics are stolen and hidden away on ancient Earth.

Perhaps the Beast Wars were also responsible for killing the old Predacons? Maybe the era they travel back to is only a few hundred years B.C. and the emphasis on being robots in disguise comes into play more as certain Maximals and Predacons live among humans to maintain a low profile and use them to various ends.

Characterization and development would be absolutely key. We'd have a clear idea of what the relationships between each individual character on either side would be and they would build as time passes.

That's all I can think of for now..
* Zucca, the Eternal Optimist and Hopeless Romantic *