Long time no post. 030

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Greth the Air Dragon

Long time no post. 030

Unread post by Greth the Air Dragon »

Guh, I have REALLY gotta start sticking to my promises of staying active. =A= I swear my account on here is covered in so much dust I'm gonna need a feather duster the size of Megatron to clean it off!

Anyway, things have been going rather smoothly for me as of the last-- *checks date* -- ...two years since I last checked on here. XD Got one more semester of school to finish up before I get my Bachelor's Degree in English, so YAY~!!!! X3 Still have quite a bit left to figure out, but all that will come in due time once I get settled with some other commitments. c: I SHALL PREVAIL!!!!

Okay, so some things that have happened to me (and some tidbits for those who don't know me) :

*I'm 24 years old yet still look like I'm 15 (still have to say that a woman a few years ago that thought I was 10 when I was 17 that one time still tops. =A= )
*One semester of college left (already said, but I'll say it again because it's nice to remind myself of that. XD)
*Writing and artwork has improved MAJORLY. Will see about trying to post some here so you all can see too. ;w;
*Had gone into a store that my friends wanted to visit that had games and stumbled upon a working original Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals PS Game, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Surprisingly enough it actually gives heights of some of the characters in the show, so I'll have to share those heights if I can find the time to play through it all. .3.
*Have learned much better ways to write and plan out ideas and such thanks to some creative writing classes, so I am eager to see how it will affect my current and future stories.
*Went to my first convention with one of my best friends from high school (best day ever even though I got sick and we had to leave early. XD)
*Still into a lot of other fandoms, but have found motivation to multitask in several at a time (even if it's just to brainstorm...)

And...I guess that's it. Hadn't really had much excitement happen to me to be honest thanks to a thing called college. XD *dies*

But enough about me! I wanna know how everyone else is doing and what all has happened here since my yet again long absence! Q3Q I really do miss being on this site, and the people here were wonderful. It'd be nice to get to know all the new faces and see old friends again. It has certainly been too long, yeeeeessss...
"My legs feel like jello!"
"What flavor?" ~two battle buddies at PT
"I just got lost for 3.5 seconds." ~battle w/random con.
"Failure aga-OH SHINY!" ~battle sees shiny wrapper
"Don't judge me because I'm random!" ~see above, no wrapper
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

HIIIII!!!

Thank you for making this post. I've been lurking a bit since last summer, but I would love to hear how everyone has been doing. Again, I can't tell you all how much I appreciate how little this forum needs management!

I has posted last August about my grandfather's cancer diagnosis; he unfortunately passed away on October 6, 2013. My boyfriend and I had been trying to organize a charity bike ride across China to raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society, but after having to change plans several times the last of Mike's support team backed out and the bike ride (which changed to be Seattle to New York in its final attempt to succeed) had to be cancelled. We still managed to raise $5000 for the Canadian Cancer Society though, so it hasn't been a total loss. Now, we have made last minute plans to go to Australia instead!

I also managed to get promoted to full time hours at work (call centre for a local utility company), which keeps me busy the rest of the time.

How has everyone else been?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Greth the Air Dragon

Unread post by Greth the Air Dragon »

I can see that there are posts in some forums that haven't had activity in two years either, if not more. I ish a sad panda nao. ;^;

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that about your grandfather. D:> It's never easy to lose someone in your family to old age, let alone because of a disease. It's wonderful to hear that you raised that much money though, but it sucks to hear about all those cancellations and such. 0.o

Well that's good. c: It means that you did something right, right? :3
"My legs feel like jello!"
"What flavor?" ~two battle buddies at PT
"I just got lost for 3.5 seconds." ~battle w/random con.
"Failure aga-OH SHINY!" ~battle sees shiny wrapper
"Don't judge me because I'm random!" ~see above, no wrapper
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

My life really hasn't changed much in a while. Still a part-time college grader, still collecting Transformers, still go to Botcon every year and all that.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

GRETH! *tackles* I miss you!!!!