Transformers 4

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Night-Hunter wrote:I never saw the First movie that in theathers and I'm not see the fourth one. I have lost all faith in Michael Bay.... I mean he turned the TF moves into a freaking Victoria's Secret/Car commercial! What that... man fails to realize is that Transformers is about The Autobots and thier war with the Decepticons. Its should be 98-99% about them and 1-2% about the humans, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just out of curiosity.... if you never saw the movies, how can you say that you have lost all faith in Michael Bay? You didn't see them. Maybe you'll actually like them.

But I don't necessarily think they were poorly done. The STORY LINE was poorly done and I certainly wouldn't choose to watch the Bay-verse movies over the original series. But if you want to watch a movie with a lot of stuff blowing up and aren't really interested in the story or the characters or the nostalgia of the TF series, then it's a great movie!

Frankly, I don't think we (trans-fans, that is) were really meant to be the audience of these movies. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Michael Bay was trying to appeal to the crowd of people who go to movies to see a lot of action and excitement, fast cars, sexy women, and big name actors....not people who wanted to see their favorite Transformers characters on the big screen. If the movies were made for people who followed Transformers since the 80s and 90s, then they wouldn't have made so many shameless changes. They would have paid more attention to making the characters more like the characters we know and love from the original series. But they didn't.

I think Michael Bay achieved what he intended to do which was probably something along the lines of: Make a lot of money off of it. Which he obviously did. Some sacrifices had to be made in order to make money since I imagine appealing to the Transformers universe probably would not have had as big of a payout. But obviously it worked for him since he made three movies off of it (almost four) and gets 80% of the sales off of the movie toys....and we didn't. What a bunch of fools we are! :-P

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Allow me to rephrase my statement. I didn't see the first one in theaters, but I did get it on DVD and watched the crap out of it. I saw the other two in theaters and I have both DVDs.

I think its because I'm no longer a teenager and I basically watched the movies for the explosions and the turn your brain off action sequences. And now that I'm older I simply want see more Transformers and less humans stealing the spotlight.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Night-Hunter wrote:Allow me to rephrase my statement. I didn't see the first one in theaters, but I did get it on DVD and watched the crap out of it. I saw the other two in theaters and I have both DVDs.

Oh I see.
I think its because I'm no longer a teenager and I basically watched the movies for the explosions and the turn your brain off action sequences. And now that I'm older I simply want see more Transformers and less humans stealing the spotlight.
Right. This is what I'm saying. That's a common statement by people. People don't want to go to a movie and think....they want to go to a movie, turn their brain off, forget their woes, and just watch stuff blow up.

I don't plan to watch it again frankly, but not because I didn't like it...it just wasn't good enough to watch again. I enjoyed that hour and a half that I turned my brain off to see the movie the first time, but I saw it once and see no reason to watch it again. It was over-hyped and I very rarely watch movies a second time (most times I have absolutely no memory of watching it a first time). They have to be really really good for me to watch a second or third or fourth time.

Sig by WorpeX.

When those demons rise."
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Being someone that was once in the digital design and animation field, I love the explosions, I have to say that's something I really look forward to with most movies. And I had supported Bay for a while, but I think I have lost faith in him. It's so disappointing! :( *sigh* I will still probably see it though, most likely not in theatre, maybe when it's on Netflix or something.

It's horrible, I know I was so excited knowing that Transformers was finally getting a comeback, and that they were going on the big screen. But I think it's ruined, and there's no way of going back. But a way of correcting it; if they made a Beast Wars movie :D not with Bay any part of it though lol.
Primus

Unread post by Primus »

Sapphire wrote:Warning: If you're a fan of the Bayformers, you may want to ignore my post!

Wholeheartedly agree with you, Phoenix. As a feminist, I find Bay's misogynistic upskirt shots and "women are there to be eye candy and nothing else - no acting skill required!" attitude absolutely disgusting. Not to mention that the film is 90% explosions. There is no substance. I detest Michael Bay and what he has done to the Transformers, but then, I am first and foremost a Beast Wars fan, so I guess my introduction to the TF world was one of depth, plot, amazing and complex characters etc. I TRIED to like Bay's films, I really did, but the more I reflected on them, the more I despised them. The fact he's directing the next two only makes me want to nuke Hollywood. (Am grumpy - can you tell? :P )
Couldn't agree more, Sapphire.

It's drivel like the Bay TF movies that are saturating the industry with churned-out ''mass-appeal'' crap.

I love Transformers & have been a huge fan of the comics, toys & the good ideas perpetuated by the good writers of the series. It tore me to pieces to see the franchise molested by a man that had no values beyond supporting masculine-stereotyped tropes & an unnatural likening to the military industrial complex.

I would love nothing more than the series to be handed over to a competent director with real vision, imagination & a is an actual fan of the series.

At this point I think I'd prefer Uwe Boll or Llyod Kaufman over Bay's efforts although I am glad that at least Eddie Murphey has not touched the franchise...yet!?
..:The Best Games on PC are Free - Click below for download:..
ImageImageImageImageImage
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Primus wrote:
Sapphire wrote:Warning: If you're a fan of the Bayformers, you may want to ignore my post!

Wholeheartedly agree with you, Phoenix. As a feminist, I find Bay's misogynistic upskirt shots and "women are there to be eye candy and nothing else - no acting skill required!" attitude absolutely disgusting. Not to mention that the film is 90% explosions. There is no substance. I detest Michael Bay and what he has done to the Transformers, but then, I am first and foremost a Beast Wars fan, so I guess my introduction to the TF world was one of depth, plot, amazing and complex characters etc. I TRIED to like Bay's films, I really did, but the more I reflected on them, the more I despised them. The fact he's directing the next two only makes me want to nuke Hollywood. (Am grumpy - can you tell? :P )
Couldn't agree more, Sapphire.

It's drivel like the Bay TF movies that are saturating the industry with churned-out ''mass-appeal'' crap.

I love Transformers & have been a huge fan of the comics, toys & the good ideas perpetuated by the good writers of the series. It tore me to pieces to see the franchise molested by a man that had no values beyond supporting masculine-stereotyped tropes & an unnatural likening to the military industrial complex.

I would love nothing more than the series to be handed over to a competent director with real vision, imagination & a is an actual fan of the series.

At this point I think I'd prefer Uwe Boll or Llyod Kaufman over Bay's efforts although I am glad that at least Eddie Murphey has not touched the franchise...yet!?
Yeah, I think I would have renewed faith in Michael Bay if he had actually hired Jason Stathem for the fourth one. I just know Marky Mark is going to be a horrible disaster. :-P

Sig by WorpeX.

When those demons rise."