Unwanted stay in Stockholm

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unwanted stay in Stockholm

Unread post by Phoenix »

Hi guys.. It's been a rather long day of traveling. We left my parents by 8:30 am, dropped rental car off and took the ten am flight to the capital of Norway. Mind you we are two adults and 2 kids (1-2 years old) with strollers, hand luggage and 3 suitcases. We are taking a flight to new york via stockholm in Sweden. First they tell us all passengers to the US must check in at a different desk thst has nothing open. Then they try sending us back there, and tell us we will get the sevond set of boarding passes in Sweden. Then our flight is delayed by 40 minutes when that would only give us 40 minutes to get to our connecting flight. They tell us our strollers have to be picked up at the luggage claim in the arrival hall. I stay wiyh kids and hand luggage while Nick rushes to get strollers which have been forwarded to new york. Then they keep him waiting for over ten minutes before telling him he cannot get the boarding passes, sending him on a few wild goose chases until it is too late. Meanwhile I hsul kidsand hand luggage to the pa ssport control since they called my name. Nick has the passports for boarding boarding passes so I can't get through. Plane leaves despite me begging them to wait a few minutes for my husband to return. Nobody gives me info or helps as I struggled to find Nick. Err nd result? We are booked into a hotel overnight s nd I just lost over 600 dollars in missed flights and car rental. .
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

That sounds incredibly frustrating, Phoenix. I'm sorry to hear that. You'd think the airline would at least help you with another flight free of charge so your money doesn't go to waste. :|
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Yikes! That's horrible!

I don't know how airlines work nor have I ever flown, but I have heard some very stories.

I hope that you guys will be able to find a way without having to waste anymore money in those airlines.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

The airline did rebook us for free on their missed flights but they do not fly from jfk to our home area so we had to go by another company for that final stretch. That company demanded we pay 75 dollars per ticket plus an additional fee for the difference in cost from when we initially ordered the flight to the much more expensive last minute flight totalling 650 dollars for new tickets.. so we cancelled and rented a car instead and will be driving across new york overnight. There was a 75 dollar per ticket cancelation fee so we only got 14 dollars back after that ordeal.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Wow, that is it? :shock: Well, that sucks. Robbery.

The only thing you can do now is make up for the money that was lost as quickly as you can. I understand the frustration towards the waste of a huge amount and I pray that you guys will be able to regain what you lost.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Dang, that sounds terrible... as if everything that could've gone wrong went wrong. Hope you guys made it back alright without any further troubles. Complain enough and maybe you'll get some form of compensation :(