Deleting post

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Deleting post

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

So I have noticed my laptop likes to be silly, and send my posts multiple times, why can't I delete them?
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

It's a little tiny "x" button on the bottom right of the post, but you should have the ability to delete your own posts.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

No on majority of my posts there's no little "x" Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Darkshadow14 wrote:No on majority of my posts there's no little "x" Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
In my experience, the only post you will ever see an "x" on is the very last post in a given thread--provided, in the first place, that the post belongs to you. So, if you accidentally make multiple posts, then only way to fix it is if no one else has responded to you yet. You deleted your last post. Then your second-to-last post will be your last post, and there should be an "x" there. Then you delete that post, and then your third-to-last post should be the last post, and so on and so forth.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

I think you can only delete one of those posts though Blaze. But yeah, as long as no one posts after you do, you should be able to thin out those triple posts.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

This is annoying. I can find the reference to post deletion permissions in the admin section, but when I go explore the section to check if it can be changed the entire user permission list changes to a completely different set of permissions. This may require some further investigation.

I can test a user's permissions. Anyone willing to be my guniea pig this week?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~