Finishing After this Episode

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Finishing After this Episode

Unread post by Blazemane »

Hey, everybody,

I want this to all make sense and to flow beautifully and logically, but to be honest, I don't where to begin... except by saying just that.

You've all been incredible players. I look up posts from past threads in our role play from time to time when I need to know this or that detail, and I often catch myself realizing--"yeah, I actually had my character in this scenario with that one; I remember that now!" We've managed, in more than four years thus far, to write such heavily detailed, multi-faceted stories, that--well, for me at least--there's more recorded here than I first remember. We've put out something together that actually allows for us to re-explore it, and to gain enjoyment beyond what we already get from what we currently play. I guess what I'm trying to say, or, what I'd draw from all of that is that this role play truly isn't just what we're doing right now. It's what we've already done. There's a story here that will last for a long while. That's all been our doing. You have all been incredible players.

I can't explain why, and I wish I could; but for more than a year now, the passion I entered this game with at the beginning of it has gradually dwindled down. You've all seen it in the amount of time it takes me to finally get my posts up. I have often been busy, yes, but I feel like, if I was fired up for playing this game like I used to be, that wouldn't stop me. This role play would be an escape, and my thoughts would naturally go to it much more frequently during the day, and I'd be waiting for the first opportunity I could get to respond with my characters--that's what I used to do.

I feel really badly for pulling out, and I've tried to hold on for a long while and see how things might change for me, but they haven't. So, I wanted to give you all notice that after this episode, I will be withdrawing from the game.

I want to finish this episode still because mid-episode seems like a really strange place to leave one's characters hanging. If I won't see the definitive ends of their stories, I do want to see some conclusion by seeing the end of the events in this specific part of their stories. Also, it would be really short notice for leaving Dinobot and Cheetor in need of players if I were to quit before the end of our current thread. That's also part of the reason I'm making this post right now rather than the end of this episode. There may be some on this forum who would really, really want to take up Dinobot and/or Cheetor. But if either or both of those characters would instead be a burden to you all, I want you to have the time to ask any other Beast Wars fans you might know on other sites or in your non-virtual lives who would be interested in playing them here.

As for Steelclaw, I want to leave his story unfinished for now. I might facilitate something that would be a sort of open-ended finish for him by the end of this episode, but even if I don't write that, I do want for him to be around in case, just maybe, I find myself wanting to return later on. From this side of things, it's hard for me to see that happening, but I do recognize that it is a possibility.

Thank you all for a great game. I will definitely still be on the forums, and probably reading the role play itself from time to time. But for now, this is what I want to do.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Awww no! I really wanted to see how this thing went between Whitegrazer and Steelclaw's conversations together. :cry:

I understand, Blazemane. I left my last RP because of my passion dwindling from the series it was based on. Also, personal reasons as well.

But I will still kept this storyline on hold and kept it in just in case you return. I hope you do. :mrgreen: Until then, you take care. :D
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

I can easily understand where your coming from on this, alot of us can really. I've heard a few times from other players that they've pondered leaving for the same reasons, so it's acceptable. Plus clearly your life is very busy, and for some I'm amazed they even get a chance to post. I tend to find sometimes it's best to take a break from something, to allow yourself to recharge your batteries. Works for art, writing, or any other interest in life.

As for leaving Steelclaw's story unfinished, it makes sense. Who knows, later on you might even want to come back.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thanks, you two. And Una, I was thinking about it last night, and I realized I might have one last moment for Steelclaw and Whitegrazer. Who of all of the Maximals knows that Steelclaw killed Icebreaker?

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Hm.. those who know.. Frilla is a major candidate considering she was who Icebreaker was trying to save in the crossfire that I remember.. I believe Rhinox and Optimus Primal know. As for others.. not sure.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I completely understand, Blazemane. You have been such a tremendous player with incredible writing, and I would be very surprised if we could find someone who can be so true to Cheetor and Dinobot as you have. You have RPed them flawlessly. I am also going to miss Steelclaw because he has been so mysterious and complex throughout this whole game. Very well done. I'm very pleased to have been able to RP with you. Your posts have never disappointed me. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you had hoped, but please don't feel bad for withdrawing. Thank you so much for playing out to the end of this episode and giving us a chance to find someone else to adopt your canons. It has been a great deal of fun, and I thank you for everything you've given to make this game as enjoyable as it has been with your writing, creativity and imagination. Cheers!
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Blazemane wrote:Thanks, you two. And Una, I was thinking about it last night, and I realized I might have one last moment for Steelclaw and Whitegrazer. Who of all of the Maximals knows that Steelclaw killed Icebreaker?
I very much would love to have a one last moment between Whitegrazer and Steelclaw. :D

I think NK got them all. I don't think many people knew it was him he did.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Well, I'm sad that you're leaving but sometimes you just have to prioritize real life before fantasy. I really, really hope we get to see you in Season 2 because it'd be great to tie up loose ends between Orcariner and Steelclaw (both of them discovering what happened to Icebreaker). This game moves at a slow pace, though, so we pretty much have all the time in the world :D
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

When I first read this thread, it saddened me. Now, a couple days later, it still saddens me. You will be missed in the rpg, but we understand wholeheartedly that real life takes priority and that sometimes that desire to stay in the game diminishes.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

:-( I am sad to hear this, Blaze, but you can't force yourself to be passionate about something that you're not.
NaitoKage wrote:Hm.. those who know.. Frilla is a major candidate considering she was who Icebreaker was trying to save in the crossfire that I remember.. I believe Rhinox and Optimus Primal know. As for others.. not sure.
I believe Wintersong was there too.

Arachnitron was in the bridge as well. The Predacon programming witnessed Steelclaw shooting Icebreaker. The sound of the gunshot distracted the Predacon enough that the Maximal was able to regain control a split second later so she saw the aftermath. She saw Icebreaker dead and saw Steelclaw standing near him and can make an educated guess that he was the one who did the shooting. The Hybrid took control much later. She did not witness any of that or see Icebreaker dead, but she does know who it was who killed Icebreaker since she was able to share memories with the others since she was glitching so badly at the time. All of that and her personalities switching too quickly was too much for her to handle at once. She glitched out completely. She went completely nuts and left the bridge after shooting blindly at the walls and computers...then she ran headlong into the woods where she ended up falling over exhausted. That's where Glowstick found her too exhausted to move and the rest is, as they say, history.

At any rate, Blazemane. It sounds like you still have a lot of work to do....maybe we'll convince you to stay after all. :wink:

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Optimal Optimus Prime wrote:I completely understand, Blazemane. You have been such a tremendous player with incredible writing, and I would be very surprised if we could find someone who can be so true to Cheetor and Dinobot as you have. You have RPed them flawlessly. I am also going to miss Steelclaw because he has been so mysterious and complex throughout this whole game. Very well done. I'm very pleased to have been able to RP with you. Your posts have never disappointed me. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you had hoped, but please don't feel bad for withdrawing. Thank you so much for playing out to the end of this episode and giving us a chance to find someone else to adopt your canons. It has been a great deal of fun, and I thank you for everything you've given to make this game as enjoyable as it has been with your writing, creativity and imagination. Cheers!
Wow. Well... thank you.
Alak wrote:Well, I'm sad that you're leaving but sometimes you just have to prioritize real life before fantasy.
Phoenix wrote:When I first read this thread, it saddened me. Now, a couple days later, it still saddens me. You will be missed in the rpg, but we understand wholeheartedly that real life takes priority and that sometimes that desire to stay in the game diminishes.
Blackrosefencer wrote::-( I am sad to hear this, Blaze, but you can't force yourself to be passionate about something that you're not.
I really don't like making you all sad. And thank you for your understanding.
NaitoKage wrote:Frilla is a major candidate considering she was who Icebreaker was trying to save in the crossfire that I remember.. I believe Rhinox and Optimus Primal know.
Blackrosefencer wrote:I believe Wintersong was there too.

Arachnitron was in the bridge as well.
Hmm...
una wrote:I very much would love to have a one last moment between Whitegrazer and Steelclaw. :D
And the day after I thought of that idea, I realized I was forgetting something me and Alak were already thinking about a while ago:
Alak wrote:I really, really hope we get to see you in Season 2 because it'd be great to tie up loose ends between Orcariner and Steelclaw (both of them discovering what happened to Icebreaker).
So I may have to come up with something else for Whitegrazer. I'll be thinking.
Blackrosefencer wrote:At any rate, Blazemane. It sounds like you still have a lot of work to do....
That's what I'm seeing, too.
Blackrosefencer wrote:...maybe we'll convince you to stay after all. :wink:
I wish it could be so. And there is probably a month and a half left before this episode finishes, so if something significant changes over here, I'll let you all know. But as I said, this is what I want to do for now.