Battleship

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Battleship

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

So what does everyone think about the trailers for Battleship? It's from the same producers as Transformers. So I'm wondering if it's similar at all. The aliens look similar to some of the basic forms in Transformers. I think I want to see it. But any input about it? Think it looks good? Yeah, no?

I think it looks good from what I've seen from the previews. I haven't done any research to see what the plot of the movie is really about. I will have to do that. But I'm a big action/adventure movie lover.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

In my honest opinion? I think Liam Neeson's acting talents are wasted on this movie. Battleship looks like it's going to be pure special effects and nothing else. I'll wait til it randomly pops up on TV someday.
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAH!

Wait, you think the movie will have a... plot? Oh, to be so young and naive again.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

I think the name is actually hurting this movie. Most people, not knowing much about it, seem to be intrigued by the premise until "BATTLESHIP" shows up on the screen, and then they're like, "Wait, a movie based on a board game? And it's not even anything LIKE the board game other than apparently having a battleship in it! Bleh."

I think this movie will probably bomb.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Wait, you think the movie will have a... plot? Oh, to be so young and naive again.
Uh, thanks? :?
I think the name is actually hurting this movie. Most people, not knowing much about it, seem to be intrigued by the premise until "BATTLESHIP" shows up on the screen, and then they're like, "Wait, a movie based on a board game? And it's not even anything LIKE the board game other than apparently having a battleship in it! Bleh."

I think this movie will probably bomb.
I'm sure my judgement will be wrong again. :roll: I guess since I'm going to school for digital design and animation, I pay more attention to the effects and graphics recently. Guess just to learn what is overboard for a movie and my future career. :) Though that's not everything, at all! :mrgreen:
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I wasn't putting you down or anything for your opinions/hopes, Darkshadow. I was just making an observation about how most people that I know have reacted to the movie (and nearly everyone I know IRL loves the TF movies, which to me is telling since this seems to be aimed at the same general audience). Battleship could be an awesome movie; I don't know. I just think it would probably have gotten a better initial reception if they didn't try to tie it to Battleship the board game.
Last updated April 25th
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

So, how many people think one of the lines in the movie is bound to be: "You sunk my battleship!"

:lol:

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Blackrosefencer wrote:So, how many people think one of the lines in the movie is bound to be: "You sunk my battleship!"

Haha... that's the line that will be this movie's saving grace. They better put it somewhere in there. :lol:
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

Blackrosefencer wrote:So, how many people think one of the lines in the movie is bound to be: "You sunk my battleship!"

That and that alone is the sole* reason why I'm gonna go see this movie. I will be majorly sadface if they don't have it. :|

Spoiler: show
It is not the sole reason. My theater just recently renovated and now has big, comfy leather chairs THAT RECLINE I WILL WATCH EVERY MOVIE THIS SUMMER OMGGGGGGG.
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Yeah, like I thought-- for better or worse, Battleship is bombing, and badly:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3445&p=.htm

Article summary-
Battleship's weekend domestic box-office take: $25.5 mil
Battleship's production budget: $209 mil

Now, add in the rest of the world and Battleship has juust made its production budget back over the weekend, but given that it's roughly getting a third of the money the first GIJOE movie did (which Hasbro considered a modest failure, hence the cast shake-up for the second one), I doubt Hasbro will continue in this direction.
Last updated April 25th
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

I just thought I'd see if anyone else caught the movie yet.

I just saw it yesterday. My boyfriend and I both took a personal day from work since we were out late at the concert on Sunday. So we went to see it yesterday afternoon.

I didn't think it was a bad movie. You kind of had to ignore the blatant plot holes and the cliches, but it was entertaining. It was also EXTREMELY predictable. My boyfriend and I pretty much had the whole story line figured out about 10 minutes into the movie. And the beginning was very very slow...there was this whole chicken burrito thing that was, in my opinion, unnecessary.
Spoiler: show
Oh and by the way!!! They did have a line sort of like "they sunk our battleship." It was more like this though: "They're not going to sink this battleship!" Which was the only thing I was not expecting during this movie.

Not to mention, the grid they used to shoot at the aliens looked exactly like the Battleship game. And the conversation went something like this:

CAPTAIN: "E5" (actually they said "echo 5") FIRE!"
PETTY OFFICER (watching through the binoculars): "Miss!"
CAPTAIN: "Foxtrot 8"
PETTY OFFICER: "Hit!"

It was kind of amusing.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)