Mass Effect

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Mass Effect

Unread post by una »

I know there are a few Mass Effect fans on this forum. :wink:

Why not make a thread where we can talk about it?

I love Mass Effect. I'm a science fiction lover because of the whole idea of space travel, aliens and cultures, and different planets is so fascinating to me. The reasons I love Mass Effect is of course, the story, characters you can talk to and develop relationships towards, and the RPG aspect of it: customizing Commander Shepard to be who you want him/her to be.

My favorite characters in Mass Effect are: Thane, Garrus, Tali, Ashley, Mordin, Wrex, Joker, Miranda, Jack, Samara, and Legion. :D

Oh! I would love to hear from those who have play it who their Shepards are?

I got a total of four Shepards. Two who are completed and two that I just started with.

Here are my Shepards:

1. Angel Shepard

Colonist, War Hero background

What does he/she look like?: Angel has short, blond hair and bright, blue eyes. Has light brown colored eyebrows and pink lips. She wears no make-up and she has a baby face literally. XDDD

Angel Shepard is a Paragon-Neutral with only a small amount of Renegade. A calm and collected individual who doesn't let emotions dicate her decisions. Compassionate and caring to her crew, but stoic, professional, and blunt towards people she doesn't trust or questions their motives. Despite this, she will pull some punches when dealing with Krogans because of cultural reasons and her biggest berserk button? Don't mess with innocent people, her crew, and definitely don't try to enslave her. She will get you. :evil:

Also, this character romanced Thane. ^^

2. Megarra Shepard (You get a cookie if you can guess who I based this character on. XD Actually, both characters! XD))

Earthborn, Ruthless background

What does he/she look like?: Dark, shoulder-length hair, violet eyes, high cheekbones, dark eyebrows, small rounded nose, and pale, pink lips. No make-up.

She is a Pure Renegade. Megarra is a woman you don't cross. She is ruthless, manipulative, and aggressive. She doesn't care about personal problems unless there is some sort of benefit for her in the end. Militaristic, she keeps her crew at arms length and will not allow anyone to overstep her authority. Berserk button? Will kill people in her way. No compromise or negotiations. She will just kill you. Betray her? You're dead. Just ask Wrex. :shock:

Surprisingly, she did romance someone. Garrus. Why? Maybe she has a soft spot for Turians? XDDD

The other two I'm still thinking about. XDDD

Also, since ME3 is still relatively new, I'm not spoiling anything. So if there are spoilers, use tags. :D
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Oooh yep, Mass Effect is pretty awesome! Unfortunately I haven't gotten to play ME3 yet, despite already having bought the game, since my darling hubby thought it would be wise to get so addicted to Assassin's Creed Revelations and then Skyrim, playing them any chance he got, which resulted in the graphics card getting toasted on our 360. Yay. So I still haven't gotten to play assassin's creed and I have yet to finish skyrim despite starting the game when it first came out. And ME3 is still in the unopened box. But some day, yessss..
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Bioware may change ME3's ending since so many people hated it. I myself have never tried the trilogy, but my roommate is currently playing through it.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

I just finished Mass Effect 3!!!! :-D

I was worried there would be spoilers in this thread so I didn't read it until now.

I, too, love the series! I am really into science fiction things and I enjoy role-playing games. I found this game unique and interesting. I liked how the choices you made affected your character throughout the game and influenced what happened when and why. It was really a neat experience. I am determined to try all the other combinations at some point aside from the one I already tried.

My favorite characters are Garrus, Liara, Tali, Thane and Javik.

I have one Shepard who made it all the way through the trilogy. I played the first Mass Effect twice though so I do have a second Shepard.

My first Shepard to make it all the way through the series is... un-creatively named Jenni (which is my name). She has chin-length, red hair and bright green eyes (I do not have red hair nor green eyes). She is a paragon character, but once in a while I just can't resist the urge to say something renegade-like or punch Vega! She is an infiltrator, Earth-born, war-hero. I usually use the assault rifle in battle or I snipe people off with the Black Widow sniper rifle! I also love the incinerate power which I leveled all the way up...so any time I hit anyone with it, they slowly burn to death. :twisted:

As for the Paramour option....I attempted to romance Kaidan in the first Mass Effect game, but I accidentally killed him off. I did not actually think he'd die! I thought I'd go save him! But, alas, I was mistaken. So I didn't complete the Paramour option in the first one. As for ME2, I originally wanted to romance Garrus, but I was intrigued by Thane's flashbacks and he kept calling me Siha. I wanted to find out what that meant, so I romanced Thane. Then, in the third one I romanced Thane for a bit until.....well....I guess I shouldn't mention what happens to Thane just in case others didn't get that far.....not that it's a real surprise. Anyway, I wanted to try again with Garrus, but you can only romance Garrus in ME3 if you romanced him in ME2.....so I romanced Liara instead.

I also have Kira Shepard who is a sole survivor, colonist, and also an infiltrator. I think I romanced Kaidan when I did this character. I also attempted to do the Renegade Achievement so I also chose the renegade options, but I think I messed up by rescuing the Rachni. I never got the achievement. :-P She has the same length of hair I think as Jenni, but she is blonde with blue eyes. I never got to play her with ME2 because my xbox stopped allowing me to play it. The only solution is to save the game to my hardrive so it's not playing off the disk, but for a while, the xbox wouldn't even acknowledge the disk was in. So I couldn't do that. I think it'll play now though.

I also, supposedly, have a third Shepard that I made that I just saw now! I guess I forgot that I made her, but I didn't finish the first game with her. Her name is Gianna Shepard. She is a spacer, ruthless, soldier. I don't remember what she looks like. She's only a level 3, so I guess I must have gotten ME2 to work just after I made her and stopped playing ME1. :lol:

And, no, I did not like the ending of ME3. I mean I didn't despise it. There were aspects that I liked, but I thought it could have been done better, but ranting about it would spoil the ending for others so I won't.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I never finished playing Mass Effect 3 sadly. I just couldn't. There was just too many things I disliked. :(

I can rant about it all day! XDD But I won't. XD

So I just made my own headcanon about what happened. XD To me, ME3, was a bad dream for my paragon Shepard. XDDD

Your Shepards sound awesome, Blackrosefencer! :D

A couple of days ago, I replayed and completed ME1, redesigning my main Shepard so now she has brunette hair put back in a ponytail. XD Also, instead of Angel, her name is Helena. XDD I redid everything and DID everything in that game! I cleaned it up! XDD Got all the minerals, data discs, turian insignias, Asari writings, Salarian tags and League of One tags. XDD Collected everything! XDDDDD Why? Because I was bored. :lol:
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

I'm a HUUUGE mass effect fan. I was on an RP for it for almost 2 years before the site moved and I never really bothered to go with. I want to get back into it though. I liked ME3 a lot except for the ending... however, after watching the indoctronation theory, I enjoy it a lot more. :D Kinda sad that I prefer if the whole ending was just a dream... but that should pretty much say how bad the ending was.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

una wrote:I never finished playing Mass Effect 3 sadly. I just couldn't. There was just too many things I disliked. :(
I liked the game play of ME3 the best I think, but I think out of the three I liked the story line the best in ME1. I played ME1 again last night and I found it so much more difficult to control the character than the other 2 games. I was on the casual setting and it still took me forever (and several game over screens) to kill off Saren in that final battle. But I loved the story line!!!

ME2 was just....terrible. In ME2, you had Garrus and Tali follow you to the game, but that was it! Why?! I formed bonds with so many other characters....you mean to tell me they wouldn't have followed me in my cause if they knew I was alive?! And I didn't like the fact that the WHOLE GAME is recruiting people and then you have to do the loyalty missions too for each character! And there were SO MANY characters....SO MANY!!! There was hardly any plot to the game because it took so long to recruit and earn the characters' loyalty. I don't mind recruiting people...I can see the realism in that, but couldn't there have been some other way to earn their loyalty? So that we could have more missions relevant to the plot line? And I hated the level up screen and mining for resources. I did like the whole thermal clip idea though...that was so much nicer than having my weapon overload.

I preferred to use weapons that, in ME1, were only available to me if I were a certain class. In ME3, all weapons were available to me and I could be trained to use whatever power I wanted and be whatever class I wanted....this allowed for more customization of my character which was something I liked about the game. I also really liked the story line in ME3...right up until the end obviously. But it was cool that you could go to the home worlds of all your alien friends. But again....Garrus, Tali, Ashley/Kaidan, and Liara followed you to the game which is great because I missed Liara. But now you forced me to make friends with these characters from ME2! Why couldn't some of them move on to the game with me too?!! Doesn't that defeat the point of doing the whole loyalty thing?

I love that you can jump, run, roll, and climb.....but I really can't stand that it's all the same button!!! When I want to jump, I end up taking cover instead...when I want to take cover, I end up rolling and getting shot until I die!! Seriously!! There are like six other buttons you could have chosen! The level up screen is so much better than ME2, but they still have that stupid radar thing to find artifacts and stuff! :-P

And it really annoyed me that you spent all that time making choices that affected your game....right up until the end of the trilogy.....EA really botched up that part. My brother pointed out that it was almost as though they ran out of time and, in order to please the fans, just threw something together to get the game out on time.

Sig by WorpeX.

When those demons rise."
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

So I read recently that the original ME3 ending was leaked so they had to make a new one at the last minute. Hence why the ending seemed rushed and wasn't very good.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Hmmm....interesting. I hadn't heard anything about that before. I wonder what the original ending was supposed to be....

Sig by WorpeX.

When those demons rise."