Beast Wars Mirror Mirror

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Baron Fel

Beast Wars Mirror Mirror

Unread post by Baron Fel »

Hey all, this is..well frankly something I've been working on for a while (the idea anyway.) It is unfortunatly somewhat un-edited so I apoligize for that. However, it should give you a basic idea.

Beast Wars Mirror Mirror

The Noble Predacons have for centuries labored under the rule of the evil Maximals and the sinister Council of Elders, a small band of rebels led bya Predacon calling himself Megatron strive to save their race from slavery.

Part 1: Cybertron: Chamber of the Maximal Elders

Optimus Primal and his not-so trusted intelligence officer Rhinox stand in the middle of a ring of the Elders of Maximal, the leaders of the Maximals and all of Cybertron. The ring of twelve shadows was all that is visible do to the holo-emitters lining the chamber. For all the two Maximals the meeting was focused on knew the elders might not even be there. One of the shadows spoke his voice a rich baritone. “So, Primal ya feel that your team is the best to send on this mission, even after y’all failed to prevent the Air Commander’s escape?”

Primal grimaced at the shadow’s dropping of his title. He had worked hard to become an Optimus within the Maximal fleet. He had killed friends to gain the honor. “You’re darn right I am. My crew is the strongest and most cunning in the fleet. Rhinox here is the keeper of X and the creature alone will give us a great advantage on that barren planet. As for the Air Comm-“

Rhinox spoke up interrupting his nominal leader, “The Air Commander might have been let go but my men assure me that after what Lock, Stock, and Barrel did to him the Predacons will be lucky if he’s of any use at all and really it could be used to our advantage. After all, you did say you wanted Megatron to follow the crew and what better way to get his attention then by releasing the Predacon we captured from that fight with information about the disc? It’s not like Dinobot is hard to reason with. You just need some energon and he’s all yours.”

A second shadow spoke, this one long and with a spiky protrusion coming from its side. “Allow us to debate the merits of your idea Intelligence Officer. We’ll have a decision for you in 5 cycles.”

“Thank you eminence,” Primal spoke before Rhinox could say anything. “We eagerly await the council’s decision.” With that said the shadows all disappeared and the room returned to light. Primal glared at his second in command. “And what exactly did you think you were doing?” he demanded, unsheathing his wrist mounted laser gun and pointing it in Rhinox’s face.

“Making sure we got the job that’s what.” Rhinox stated confidently. “Come on Optimus you know that the Council is angry at you over your last couple of missions. They needed to hear that there was a plan and they needed to hear it from me. The Council doesn’t trust you Optimus. You’re too ambitious, too much of a worry for them. They don’t want to let you get to much of an edge on them.”

Optimus nodded, and slowly put his gun away. As much as he hated to admit it Rhinox was right. He had been to open with his desire to be on the council when he was young and now he was paying the price, beside it would be difficult to do the full job with any security chief besides Rhinox. The security chief kept an eye on the Optimus for the Council and it would be hard to work out an arrangement with a new one before launch, especially if the old one had been scrapped by him.

A few minutes later the shadow returned. One of them, the largest of the shadows, spoke “We have decided to fulfill your request. Optimus go prepare the Axalon for launch. Your cargo should already be aboard. Rhinox, you will stay with us a moment please.”

Primal and Rhinox both bowed to the shadow and Primal turned and stomped out smiling as he did. His plans could finally be set into motion. The final downfall of the Predacons and the archaic council would be realized soon.
----------------------------------------------------------

Part 2: Greater Cybertropalis

Dinobot ran, comfortable in the knowledge that the Maximals wouldn’t actually hit him but all the same wanting out of the Maximal torture facility and fast. He had seen what happened to Terrorsoar in there and had no desire to have it repeated on him and everyone knew that Maximal’s could not be trusted.

Hopping the fence of the compound he continued to run until he found a sewer vent. Prying it open he dove inside and started heading towards home base. It was time to fulfill his part of the bargain.

It took several cycles but Dinobot finally made it to the Resistances home base. On guard duty was of course the hero of the resistance, Waspinator, the greatest fighter the Predacons have ever had. “Waspinator, thank goodness I made it. Have to tell Megatron, Maximals are planning on using the Disc.”

“Of courzze, Dinobot, go right in he should be in the energon baths.’ Waspinator said. “I have to stay here and keep an eye out for Maximals.”

Dinobot walked inside and looked around the small complex still amazed at the trust granted to a neutral merc by his current companions. Scorponock, the second in command of their little group was training meanwhile he saw Terrorsaur and Tarantulas talking about something. He continued deeper till he saw their leader. Soaking in what looked to be a converted CR chamber. “Megatron, I have urgent news.”

Megatron jumped out of his bath and grabbed his soldier happy to see him alive. “Dinobot, I’m so sorry we had to leave you behind but there was no way to save you at the time. I was just trying to figure out a rescue plan in fact.”

Dinobot scowled, “Well we need to move out anyway. The Maximals have decided to send out a team with the Disc! Additonally, the price for that last mission as well as my normal salary has now doubled. I do not like being made an enemy of the Council.”

“The Golden Disk?" Megatron repeated in suprise, They would never do such a thing, are you absolutely sure of this Dinobot?” Megatron asked.

“Yes, they are sending the Axalon and her crew after it in less than one vorn.” Dinobot replied quickly. “We need to get ready for an assault now.”

“Of course, I’ll assemble everyone at once and contact the Tripredacus Council; hopefully they can lend us a ship to stop them.” Megatron said, "and I will also ask them about your pay of course."

"Thank you, you as always are a most thoughtful client." Dinobot said as he turned and exited the area leaving Megatron alone.

-------------------------------

Part 3: Cybertropalis spaceport

“The Axalon is as ready as she’ll ever be your lordship.” Rat Trap said with a sneer. “So what’s this top secret assignment we’re going on gonna be? More Pred thrashing with our little buddy, X?”

“If I told you it wouldn’t be a secret would it, sub-commander. Now silence and prepare to go on my mark.” Optimus stated from his command chair. In a rare display of control he doesn’t remark on his second in command’s tone.

“Optimus, we’ve got a major blip above us. Looks like a Predacon vessel!” the young Maximal at the comm. system said.

“Take off and raise all shields. Go to transwarp as soon as we can!” Optimus shouted at his crew. “I’m programming the coordinates now.”

Aboard the Predacon spaceship the various Predacons were watching as Scorponok fired upon the Axalon. “Megatron, the Axalon’s shields aren’t buckling at all. Our weapons have no effect.”

“I was afraid of this, the ship here was not meant for combat, Noooo. Tarantulas go down to the sub deck and see if you can recalibrate the weapons to bypass their shields.” Megatron ordered.

“Of course, Megatron, anything to serve.” Tarantulas said as headed off of the bridge.

“Keep firing with the secondary batteries Scorponock, we want to try and keep them from entering transwarp. Terrosaur, be ready to lock onto the transwarp signature just in case.”

The small red, seeker-like robot looked up and nodded at the orders. “Th-th-th-the second they warp we sh-sh-sh-should have a lock on. The computer is already targeted them and looking for a signature. F-f-following it should be n-n-n-no problem.”

Waspinator looked up from his console and shouted back to Megatron. “Megatron, we’re receiving an incoming transmission.”

“Point of origin?” the Predacon commander asked.

“From, the Axalon.” Waspinator told his leader.

“This should be interesting, on screen.”

The main viewing screen of the small Predacon vessel was filled with static. “Hello, Megatron. I know you’re here to stop us but I have a better deal for you. Follow us to the planet and once we get their set your weapon harmonics to the following frequency. It should allow you to penetrate our shields. Second for this information I need you to target areas Pi-32 to Sigma-20 with your opening salvo. After that, the rest is up to you.”

Megatron narrowed his optics at the offer, “What do you get out of this, Maximal? The Maximal Security force isn’t known for their trustworthiness.”

“Let’s just say that it has been decided that the disc must be lost to the ages with no hope of recovery.” the voice said taking on a smug tone. “Since that’s your goal to I’d imagine that you wouldn’t mind much.”

“Megatron, our weapons are still having no effect and the Axalon is almost ready to make the jump to hyperspace.” Scorponock interceded from his console behind Megatron.

“Looks like your time is running out, what’s your answer? Save the universe or condemn it by your inactions?” the voice asked.

“Well we really have no choice. Send us the code Maximal. I won’t guarantee not using it to destroy the Axalon as well though.” Megatron said.

“I wouldn’t expect you to, Megatron. It’s been a pleasure. Oh and tell Terrosaur that I so look forward to seeing him again, Axalon out.” the voice said as the screen turned to black.

“Megatron, code received.” Waspinator said excitedly. “Sending to Tarantulas in hanger bay.”

“Excellent, even if our Maximal friend hasn’t been honest with us this gives us a place to start. Instruct Tarantulas to rig several missiles set to those frequencies as well. Scorponock will be down shortly to assist.” Megatron instructed.

Scorponock turned to Megatron furious. “You know I promised to never create instruments of war Megatron. You have no right ordering me to work my craft on war machines.”

Megatron looked sadly at his friend. “I know and I’m so sorry old friend but there is no one else aboard with the technical expertise to help Tarantulas. We need as many of those war heads as possible. Please understand, there is no other choice.”

“Of course, Mighty Megatron,” Scorponock said watching as Megatron winced at the title, “I wouldn’t want to disappoint his greatness.” With that Scorponock stomped off the command deck.

Dinobot sat down at the newly vacated console. “Megatron, the Axalon is entering transwarp.”

Megatron turned his attention to Terrosaur to see him getting up from under his console and starting to press a variety of buttons. “M-m-m-egatron, tr-tr-tr-transwarp signature l-l-l-lock achieved, initiating p-p-p-p-piggy back warp.” The former Maximal air commander said.

The three Maximals on the bridge turned as the last member of their crew finally arrived on deck. Humming to himself and walking slowly and happily he took his place at the empty console.

“Look who decided to join the party, Papa Spy himself.” Rat Trap said. “Where were you, off taking a last minute peak in all of our quarters to make sure we weren’t really Predacon agents?”

Rhinox continued to work, on his console. “The shields stayed firm and only suffered minor damage throughout the attack. However the gun batteries accuracy rate was horrible. Re-calibrations will take most of the night to fix.”

“And they can wait until you answer Rat Trap’s question Rhinox, we were under attack and you were absent from your post. That sort of thing is inexcusable.” Primal said. “I’m beginning to think that you forgot about our little bargain.”

“Of course, not Optimus,” Rhinox said bowing before Primal’s command chair. “I was making sure the stasis pods were secure and testing to make sure the Axalon’s in board systems were working at full capacity. We can’t have a stray blast hitting a weak component of the ship and jeopardizing our mission.”

“So what did you find, everything ship shape and all that after all technicians have only been going over this baby for the last four vorns or so.” Rat Trap said.

“If you must know, Rat Trap it appears that someone messed with the transmitter disk as well as the stasis pod eject ports. One wrong hit and half of our pods could launch.” Rhinox said.

“Wonderful, that’s all we need, the Preds being able to make it so we’re outnumbered. Those darn dogs don’t know their place.” The young Maximal said.

“Apparently neither do you, Junior Officer,” Rat Trap said coldly. “Either pipe down unless something important is happening or wait till we ask for your opinion.”

“Okay, okay, excuse me for using energon.” The Maximal said as he went back to his work.

Suddenly the ship rocked violently throwing the Maximals out of their seats. “Rat Trap what in the Matrix’s name was that?” Optimus shouted as he picked himself off the floor.

”Well we dropped out of transwarp above the planet.” Rat Trap started. “and the Predacons managed to follow us and have shot a full laser and missile spread right at us, it hit dead center on severeral of the stasis eject points."

“Rhinox get down to the containment bay see if you can turn on the secondary shielding. Rat Trap full laser spread back towards the Predacon ship. You, Junior Lieutenant, damage report. Come on Maximals that ship is half our size and has maybe a fourth of our firepower. Let’s take it out.” Optimus said, "Otherwise I will exact the full price for failure on your hides."

As Rhinox sprinted for the door, the young Maximal began givng his report to Optimus “Well sir, those blasts have penetrated our shields somehow hitting and releasing the stasis pods into space around the planet. The missiles managed to hit our engines. Sir we have no flight power and are being pulled straight towards the planet.”

“By Primus, how is that possible? Rat Trap try and stabilize us,” Optimus shouted fury boiling over as he hit his commlink. “Rhinox, what is the situation down there?”

Rhinox’s voice came back over through the comm., “Not good Optimus, all of the stasis pods except X’s have been sucked out of the ship. Not only that but the security forcefiled holding the disc was breached.”

“Well we have bigger problems, get down to the engines and try and get them back online and pronto.”

“Of course Optimus,” Rhinox said as he shut down the commlink still holding the switch to a now empty containment jar. He looks around the room he’s in with the seven stasis pods assembled there, a large pod with a red X dominates the others. “Yes sir, to bad only X's pod survived.” He said as he lifted various tools and got to work.
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannerrhinoxfanclub.jpg[/img][img]http://www.bwint.net/membertarantulasclub1.jpg[/img]