What happened to the humans in the Beast Era?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

What happened to the humans in the Beast Era?

Unread post by una »

I have heard 3 or 4 reasons about what happened to Earth and humanity after the Great War.

1. The Swarm - I don't know why I love this reason the most when ever I think about it. I mean what some believe is that The Swarm consumed all of humanity, killing the species. I think one of the Beast Wars writers wanted the Vok's origin story as they used to being The Swarm but Prime used the Matrix to purify them, which made them feel guilty over the species they had to destroy. It really gives them a very great reason for expertimenting on Earth. They were trying to strength the planet and humanity so they could overcome.

2. Human destroyed by Angolmois energy - I think one of the Japanses BW cartoons said this or implied it.

3. Humanity has cut off all ties to Cybertron

4. And this one that I found was very interesting to say the least - The Maximals and Predacons are exactly the product of Humanity and Cybertronians merging together. :shock: Now, I will let you guys process that.

What do you believe? :D
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

I prefer the notion that Earth and Cybertron are allies. Which would explain all the Earth-culture references the Maximals were always making.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

What do you mean? I'm confused... The time period in Beast Wars was before humanity evolved. They went back in time. This is why proto-humans were running around in the later seasons and why the Ark and such was in the show.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

I'm talking about their timeline, the timeline they came from before they were transwarped to the past. :wink:
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I prefer not to think of humanity as having been destroyed by the swarm and the likes. That's simply too depressing.

Albeit you can blame the beast wars writers for not having done their research because there are certain inconsistencies between G1 and BW. For one the G1 robots were known to live on for several thousand years, millions perhaps, yet the BW era with the protoform technology was supposed to take place what? Like 400 years or so after G1 ended, and even so they had time to evolve through several links in the ancestry/descendant chain (Rattrap's great aunt being Arcee..) in what should have been not a long time frame at all for them?

Secondly by the end of G1 Cybertron was seen as entering a new golden age, yet by the time BW rolled around a short time later they were so short on energon they had to downsize and create protoform technology?

So although I find the swarm idea interesting, I think humans would still be around at that time. 400 years isn't even that long human evolution wise.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

Yeah, 300 years is actually nothing compared to Cybertronians. They live for millions or billions of years until their spark gives out or they die by other means.